Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja (46875 Views)

"What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Virgin Mary Image Seen On Hospital Window In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Psylas(m): 1:45pm On Jul 22, 2013
Allahu akber
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by jude33084(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
Airhix: Sketching information about the Virgin Mary's Apparition in st Benedicts catholic church,Ubiaja in Esan south-East local government Area of Edo-state ,Nigeria, picture is every where in the blessed land of esan, no surprises at all from me ,because ubiaja was one of the home land of white missionaries who brought christianity to Esan land . As the Esan people celebrate a centenary celebration of Christianity ,its a mark of Blessed Mother of God's prayers to the Esan land. I would be heading to Ubiaja tomorrow to see the exact sport of the apparition . Blessed Mother of God , pray for me.

....and yet we complain about the Muslims believing baby born with Koran undecided
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by scientology(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
how can u tell an image is a virgin?

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by tellwisdom: 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
#LetUsPray undecided
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Dawdy(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
So Mary Is Eleha who covers Her body from head to toe, When will Chistian women imitate Her

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by toshmann(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
See wetin poverty de cause grin

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by slap1(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
A guy called me last night from Edo State with this news, he said he was at the church and is ''seeing'' the image as we speak!
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Dawdy(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
So Mary Is Eleha who covers Her body from head to toe, When will Chistian women imitate Her?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Youngzedd(m): 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2013
There is an image closer to the wall. Shadow things...
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Dawdy(m): 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2013
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by AbuMikey(m): 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
scipher: Mtcheeeew..of all the places in this world na edo Mary show face Are you f##king kidding me ! Werring she find go there self lipsrsealed
You be animal!!!!!!!!!!! angry
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by MiloRambaldi(m): 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
Allahu Akbar. Or is it Hail Mary. SMH. Looks like water smear on a wall.

Obviously for those who want to believe what they want to believe. What's a dead woman doing appearing as water smear on dirty walls anyway?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
superior1: Where exactly did the masquerading demon appeared?. Satan sef suppose don tire of this hide and seek trick
sorry for u !diot
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Son4yu: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
Real brainwashing!!! Nigerians dey lie o! but italians na the chief liars! They have brainwashed and washbrained my people to such extent that there,s nothing left but empty skulls!

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Strongfaze(m): 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: There's leak in church roof. They may want to fix it before the water causes further damage. Or not. That's their problem.

Coming to think of it, are these people so brain dead stuupid that they resort to worshiping a consequence of bad work and falling building?

Anyway, the water stain shape looks more like a giant condom than anything else.
i guess you are really protected by the majestic aura of satan? According to your profile qoute. No wonder your nast.y comment. Sorry, Nigerians are not that gullible to your profane sentence.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Strongfaze(m): 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: There's leak in church roof. They may want to fix it before the water causes further damage. Or not. That's their problem.

Coming to think of it, are these people so brain dead stuupid that they resort to worshiping a consequence of bad work and falling building?

Anyway, the water stain shape looks more like a giant condom than anything else.
i guess you are really protected by the majestic aura of satan? According to your profile qoute. No wonder your nast.y comment. Sorry, Nigerians are not that gullible to accept your profane sentences.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by mediachirps(m): 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
in all states of Nigeria, Edo state ke? abeg na one of those their flying witches.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by LilDonne(m): 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
superior1: Where exactly did the masquerading demon appeared?. Satan sef suppose don tire of this hide and seek trick
you no get brain o. Believe it or not, that's my mother's image

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by oluMyderz(m): 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ihdina sirata-l mustaqim!
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by MiloRambaldi(m): 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
cutievik: Guys believe it or yes it was real,I was there it was said by the priest of the churuch during his sermon in the service that Jesus would visit them yesterday,At about 12PM yesterday the image was found on the left upper most part of the church.I came to uromi to pay a visit to my grandma which I had to just stop by at ubiaja to see my aunty when I noticed the whole town was agog with people all trouping to the church to see the image of mary which they said appeared on the wall,so my cousins and my aunt said we should join them,so w e did.When we got to the church believe I shouted out to my cosins saying 'Na water be this'I had to turn round to verify by the wall behind was as dry as a desert,there and then. I agree it was and image but who's image I do not knw,all I saw was a woman carrying a child of which I haven't seen marry before so I cudn't tell.But if there was an image on the was YES THERE WAS!!!

Would Jesus be the child being carried? Thought Jesus had grown, became a man and baptized by John at about age 30yeears and then killed when he was about 33 years. Also Stephen saw Jesus fully grown standing beside God - that was after Jesus's ressurection.

So this apparition would have us believe Jesus is still a child being carried about by Mary, abi?

This story and the whole Mary worhip thing is just crap and unbiblical.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by redsun(m): 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
masonkz: Catholics see Virgin Mary, pentecostal church goers (who don't believe in the Catholic doctrine btw) hear the holy spirit talking to them and demons chasing them, some other Christians see a child born with rosary, a Muslim would see an inscription of "Allah" on a cow and a baby born with the Muslim Rosary.

Every religion and sect is seeing things.

The psychiatric term for it is insanity. But because religion is accepted in the society,so many people are left to run around insane ,unchained and the result can be seen from the miseries they cause each other,children and the world in general.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Kennito90(m): 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
Airhix: Some of us claim to know God to much , be very careful with Godly issues. (Airhix).

True apparitions, although rare, may be traced back even to Scripture. Both the Old & New Testaments contain accounts of angelic apparitions. In the New Testament, the Apostles (Peter, James & John) saw Moses and Elijah at the Transfiguration. We know that St. Paul also conversed directly with Christ after His Ascension. Since then, various apparitions of angels, saints, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and even Christ Himself have been reported. 

While it is true that most alleged apparitions are not approved by the Church, there are a number which have received the Church's approval - including a number of apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In fact, "the first Marian apparition" - as witnessed by St. James the Greater - may be traced all the way back to 40 A.D. More recently, a number Marian apparitions have occurred in which the Blessed Virgin made accurate productions and left indisputable proof of their authenticity (including miraculous images, healings, solar phenomena, etc.).

Perhaps the biggest difficulty with apparitions is determining whether or not they are truly of the supernatural - and not a figment of a "seer's" imagination or a "diabolical deception". To assist in this matter, the Church may employ a rigorous investigative process and advise the faithful whether or not a reported apparition is "worthy of belief". Even with this process, however, the Church does not guarantee that any apparition is genuine or require belief in any apparition. 

With regard to apparitions, the following should be kept in mind:

Most alleged apparitions are false.

There have been a "countless number" (many thousands) of reported apparitions. Very few receive recognition from the Bishop.

Apparitions may not add to the deposit of the faith, which was completed with the apostles.
u talk in, u talk out.....
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Youngzedd(m): 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ile-Ife:
Catholics and Muslims are not very different from each other when it comes to issues like this. grin grin grin grin

They see Mary on everything.

The other guys see Allah of everything.

grin grin grin

ONYE!
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
olaric: Unbiblical!!!!
...dis na end tym..nor talk wetin u nor no''...9ce1..up catholics...benedicamus Domine
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by DrDoGood1(m): 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
But what am seeing there is "eyo" as in this Eko masquerade
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by ceejayluv(m): 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
The Catholic church cannot declare an event a "miracle" until after exhausting scientific investigation...
Let's leave the Vatican to figure it out.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by calddon(m): 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
Airhix: Some of us claim to know God to much , be very careful with Godly issues. (Airhix).

True apparitions, although rare, may be traced back even to Scripture. Both the Old & New Testaments contain accounts of angelic apparitions. In the New Testament, the Apostles (Peter, James & John) saw Moses and Elijah at the Transfiguration. We know that St. Paul also conversed directly with Christ after His Ascension. Since then, various apparitions of angels, saints, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and even Christ Himself have been reported. 

While it is true that most alleged apparitions are not approved by the Church, there are a number which have received the Church's approval - including a number of apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In fact, "the first Marian apparition" - as witnessed by St. James the Greater - may be traced all the way back to 40 A.D. More recently, a number Marian apparitions have occurred in which the Blessed Virgin made accurate productions and left indisputable proof of their authenticity (including miraculous images, healings, solar phenomena, etc.).

Perhaps the biggest difficulty with apparitions is determining whether or not they are truly of the supernatural - and not a figment of a "seer's" imagination or a "diabolical deception". To assist in this matter, the Church may employ a rigorous investigative process and advise the faithful whether or not a reported apparition is "worthy of belief". Even with this process, however, the Church does not guarantee that any apparition is genuine or require belief in any apparition. 

With regard to apparitions, the following should be kept in mind:

Most alleged apparitions are false.

There have been a "countless number" (many thousands) of reported apparitions. Very few receive recognition from the Bishop.

Apparitions may not add to the deposit of the faith, which was completed with the apostles.

mary had other kids apart from Jesus so y d title virgin? the bible states soley that Jesus is d way nd no one comes to d father except tru him, sorry to say but u reverend mary more than u even do to Jesus and his heavenly father, praises that needs to be given to the most high God is usually channeled to mary. its so so so sad

Friend please the bible is simpler than all dis ambigous and confusing words that u bring in here. its these ambigous words and confusing explanations that deter people from learning the bible.

there is only one true God, and his son Jesus............shallom.

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by MiloRambaldi(m): 2:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
Okija_juju: Looks to me like where someone took a piss on a wall..

Lord knows I have created a lot of virgin marys with my piss on walls especially after several glasses of bloody marys..

Top comment bro.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Youngzedd(m): 2:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
SimonAndal: People will always see what they want to see. QED!

EXACTLY.

Am a full Roman Catholic but this is full trash.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by OBILOLIGHT(m): 2:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
SimonAndal: People will always see what they want to see. QED!
LOOKING UNTO JESUS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH. ..HE ONLY IS THE WAY, TRUTH AND LIFE
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Linoversace: 2:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
slap1: A guy called me last night from Edo State with this news, he said he was at the church and is ''seeing'' the image as we speak!

The image was still there in the evening!
… And all what we have here is one single image.Were people so awed with the apparition that they forgot about their camera phones? undecided

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by kasheemawo(m): 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2013
How do they know is Mary ? Has anybody seen Mary's image before? The problem here is that someone somewhere manipulated d image because he/she has watched the Jesus film bfore and use Mary character in d film to draw it on d wall

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos / The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know / Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.