Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? (1877 Views)

How I Got Duped With My Money,time,and Makeup!!! / Why Do We Spend 4years To Learn What Is Not Applicable In Real Life? / Ask A Retired Womanizer Any Question On Love, Sex & Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? by Obinnau(m): 12:24am On Jul 22, 2013
It could be observed that nowadays, love issues have been the main agenda in most peer to peer conversations, even in the online community. Love of today is over hyped more than necessary. How better the world will be if we channel, the energy, strategies, skills and time devoted to the art of love to some other thing which is useful. Why is it so? Why can't we control ourselves? There have been instances of an undergraduate having multiple sex/love partners, usually devising ways to meet up with their demands, when he could have used it to be more productive in his education, cases of a married man having mistresses, manufacturing lies, deleting messages, spending more money than should be spent, surely his family will be a better one if he channels his energies there.
NB: am not saying we shouldn't engage in the art of love, but that we should keep it at a minimum and then our personal environment will be better for us.
Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 22, 2013
Because we are selfish grin
Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? by Obinnau(m): 12:43am On Jul 22, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Because we are selfish grin
maybe, but I think its more deep rooted.
Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? by Mynd44: 12:57am On Jul 22, 2013
The reason is that beyond what we all think and do, beyond the facade and the macho beings we try to show ourselves as, we are and will be humans.

We are social creatures who crave the attention of others. We want to be close to that special someone and feel the comfort and security that comes with it

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? by UyiIredia(m): 10:34am On Jul 22, 2013
Obinnau: maybe, but I think its more deep rooted.

It can't be. Anything else which woukd be the reason would be the consequence of selfishness, better yet, one's ego. As a wise physicist, Ego is the immediate dictate of the human consciousness.
Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? by 190: 10:42am On Jul 22, 2013
damn i need to eat something undecided
Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? by Obinnau(m): 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
190: damn i need to eat something undecided
190 air your views.
Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? by MrsChima(f): 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
Love is what it is. You love your family but you can't stand them. Love is complex but addictive. It disappoints you but inspire you. Love has pros but not short on cons. I don't think we spent too much time on love but too much time trying to define a complicated thing such as love.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? by Obinnau(m): 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
^i like the way you put it.
Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? by MrsChima(f): 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
Obinnau: ^i like the way you put it.

Thanks suga.
Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? by Nomski0(f): 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? by Obinnau(m): 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
Nomski0: smiley smiley smiley
funny you
Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? by trixandra(f): 8:12am On Jul 23, 2013
We spend so much on love because that's the centre
holds us all together
Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? by dmcdad: 10:04am On Jul 23, 2013
trixandra: We spend so much on love because that's the centre holds us all together
Exactly. There is one thing the op don't know, love compels us all. What would the education you talked about, the technology, and every other factors you made mention of be like if there us no love?

Its really vivid you don't know what love is, and just need someone to educate you on that before posting some redundant lines about how less important love is....

You need lessons....
Re: Why Do We Spend So Much Time And Energy On Love? by Obinnau(m): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
dmcdad:
Exactly. There is one thing the op don't know, love compels us all. What would the education you talked about, the technology, and every other factors you made mention of be like if there us no love?

Its really vivid you don't know what love is, and just need someone to educate you on that before posting some redundant lines about how less important love is....

You need lessons....
and its very obvious from yours that you know nothing about it. Am not sayind its not important but why do we expend so much time on it? Eg, communicating with each other binds us all together with our loved ones, but do you spend so much time thinking about calling all of them? Surely you are keeping it at a minimum because you need to focus on other goals which also adds value to your life. I hope you understand.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Advice Before I Make The Wrong Decision..plsssss / My Husband Has Seen The Unclad Photo –– Actress Uche Iwuji / Romantically Confused!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.