Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. (6207 Views)

MTN GPRS on PC Using Phone Modem or Bluetooth? / Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by Fadajasi(m): 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2008
Ragbagoroski
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by hansibone(m): 4:45pm On Jun 10, 2008
Taaaaa im bak
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by honsule(m): 7:08pm On Jun 10, 2008
@hansibone.Welcome back.For me one leg in and out until after on 16th.Guys,i observed that celtel em em s for the past two days especially in the night(10pm) does not go at all.Is it a general problem or just within Ibadan?
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by Fadajasi(m): 11:18am On Jun 11, 2008
Whimps
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by tobs(m): 11:32am On Jun 11, 2008
@honsule . . .same here . but not all the time
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by hansibone(m): 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2008
@honsule

ever since i cam back to lagos, i av not tried my hands on the em em s thin, im still sticking to my MTN, wuld check it lata in the day. wink
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by yasyaz(m): 12:40pm On Jun 11, 2008
Hello, Guys in da house. Pls can u help me wit d CLUE on how to Browse wit my celtel line. But am using Nokia 3230. Here's my Email -mabdullahi31@yahoo.com. Tanx
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by Uthainah(m): 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2008
Holla mates, if u ask me i think celtel made a decision for us by trading the ' One day on, two days off ' thing for night browsing with mms. Better half a loaf than nothing,
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by honsule(m): 7:52pm On Jun 11, 2008
from my own vantage point.half celtel mms is better than mtn free browsing trick.
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by werlay(m): 7:58pm On Jun 11, 2008
True?
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by Uthainah(m): 8:31pm On Jun 11, 2008
4 all that its worth we can actually access even the most secured site using celtel without preceding the url with some dumb shit. MAY GOD CONTINUE 2 MAKE THESE NETWORKS ENCOUNTER MORE PROBLEMS THAN THEY CAN EVER IMAGINE. Can somebody gimme an 'AMEN'?
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by just2nice(m): 8:46pm On Jun 11, 2008
Wit d Mtn Opera mod trick,I guess we are now at par with Celtel.We can now post on Nairaland(as I am doing now) wit Mtn,check e-mails,download da latest hits and videos without adding any 'dumb shit' as Uthainah said.We,mtn dudes,dont nid to complain everyday of 'Gprs working today,gprs off tomorrow'!And besides,because Mtn is much more reliable,we dont nid to create a thread wit the title 'Mtn and their Gprs wahala'! tongue
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by jnoz23(m): 9:06pm On Jun 11, 2008
Abeg u go give me mtn trick o!!!
Make i browse mtn from 6am - 6pm then celtel 4rm 6pm - 6am.
Abi no be so?
john.nojar@yahoo.com
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by Uthainah(m): 9:15pm On Jun 11, 2008
@ just2nice With celtel Ng we know 4 a fact that they have given up hope on TIGHTENING THEIR FIREWALLS AGAINST HACKERS BUT can u say the same about those blood suckin restless yellow guyz. u know that mms has passed the test of time,  let c how long it takes MTN 2 decipher d nu code. Men, join the reds cos they're here 2 stay.
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by grock1(m): 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2008
@ just2nice. . .i dont realy know how u guys download wit d mtntrick. . anytime i try to download, it takes ages to complete. .d download speed is like 1kb/s. .or im i missing smth? how do u download videos and big files wit it? im using opera 8.65. . .
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by hansibone(m): 11:37pm On Jun 11, 2008
@all

well anyone u guys chose is all just d same, d point here is we just pray dat dis GSM provideres dont close dere loop holes, because wen dey do, all of dem tricks are useless,

i av been usin d MTN trick ever since arriving LAGOS, but tonite i decided to use my EM EM S on my PC, well it connected ones, unlike on the phone that it takes ages to connect,

ANY MTN RULES, CELTEL RULES, cheesy
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by werlay(m): 9:40am On Jun 12, 2008
Anybody wit the operamod 2.06 downld link.i mean the jar file. Pls anybody
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by just2nice(m): 10:59am On Jun 12, 2008
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by honsule(m): 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2008
My em em s refused to browse just now.I bought #100 recharge+17(balance) in my account,and i started browsing with access wap and my money now is #132 naira how come?
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by Mustay(m): 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2008
that's what happens when u visit the homepage. These days they have got their processes wrong!

try it-

let's say u have 345 naira;

go to google.com;

check your acount balance without exiting (i.e. go to contacts in your sub-menu)

u might be charged 10 naira

Go to the homepage again (celtel.com.ng)

check your acount balance without exiting again

then u see your account balance has been topped up again and sometimes; in excess!

so from 345 to 358! cool shocked

this 'event' normally occurs at certain times of the day.
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by hansibone(m): 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2008
Mustay:

that's what happens when u visit the homepage. These days they have got their processes wrong!

try it-

let's say u have 345 naira;

go to google.com;

check your acount balance without exiting (i.e. go to contacts in your sub-menu)

u might be charged 10 naira

Go to the homepage again (celtel.com.ng)

check your acount balance without exiting again

then u see your account balance has been topped up again and sometimes; in excess!

so from 345 to 358! cool shocked

this 'event' normally occurs at certain times of the day.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by Mustay(m): 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2008
seeing trying is believing
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by hansibone(m): 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2008
Mustay:

seeing trying is believing

trutalk, but em em em i still like my MTN jare grin
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by honsule(m): 8:35am On Jun 15, 2008
Guys i just discovered sth funny about celtel access wap.If you're tired @ the rate celtel deduct your money from access wap,and some people end up not even receiving their money back.just do what am going to tell you now.If you want to subscribe again to the real #10 kobo per kb stuff just use your mms setting and change the ip to {somebody pls conclude this thread}.I will be back in a jiffy.
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by lolade007: 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2008
anyone want to give me how to browse free on celtel and recieve how to call free on celtel but cut evry 4 mints, loladeis1@yahoo.com
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by Mustay(m): 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2008
the fact still remains celtel is cheating on us.

if they know they can't deliver accurate billing system on their gprs facility, they can suspend it until they get it right
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by just2nice(m): 8:31pm On Jun 15, 2008
From all your posts and replies,1 thing stands out.CELTEL SUCKS!!!
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by MrInfo1(m): 9:01pm On Jun 15, 2008
just2nice:

CELTEL SUCKS!!!

Yeap. I wish celtel could just bloke the bug on their MMS access point forever wink
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by hayprof(m): 9:20pm On Jun 15, 2008
They really need Engineers to fix shiit for em' ?

When, we gat alot of Engine on This Section! True! ?
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by MrInfo1(m): 9:36pm On Jun 15, 2008
hayprof:

They really need Engineers to fix shiit for em' ?

True!

I concur
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by hayprof(m): 9:55pm On Jun 15, 2008
infobaba:

I concur

. . Good Thinkin! wink
Re: Celtel And Their Gprs Wahala. by MrInfo1(m): 10:01pm On Jun 15, 2008
hayprof:

. . Good Thinkin! wink

True talk wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Security Pattern Is The Hardest, Lets See Yours / iOS Vs Windows OS Vs Android OS / Busted: MTN Internet Data Price In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.