Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) (40280 Views)

Air Bombardment Continues As Troops Mop Up More Communities (photos) / Soyinka: The Chauvinist Bitterness For The Empowerment Of Women In Nigeria / Soyinka - The Village Mourners - A Must-read Bombshell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by hypergig(m): 4:24am On Jul 24, 2013
To those referring to dame as someone's wife nd mother dat has got nuffin to do wif politics...even if u be someone grandmama if u Bleep up then u are bound to be lashed with words nd even spanked sef.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Willy4Willy: 6:26am On Jul 24, 2013
No
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by funnyx(m): 6:44am On Jul 24, 2013
kingbang:

Are you trying to justify verbally assaulting someone's wife and mother? What happened to decorum? What happened to Civility? What happened to constructive criticism? Don't make me start with you please.

Enough of this another man's wife and mother bu11sh1t, stop pretending as if you and your ilk respect women more than the rest of us do.Respect is earned and you don't get it by default all the time. If this another man's wife or mother failed to respect herself and chosed to dance naked in the market square shoppers and passerby alike would not hesitate to sing songs of shame to her.
A Yoruba proverb says: Agbalagba to so agbado mo idi ti so ara e di alawada adie
Translates as: An elder who tie corn on his waist has turned himself to chickens (hen and cock) playmates.
Please tell your mother, your jesus christ on earth to respect herself and stop displaying her arrogance and uncouth behaviour everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Willy4Willy: 7:02am On Jul 24, 2013
ya
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by akpomeme(m): 8:11am On Jul 24, 2013
funnyx:

Enough of this another man's wife and mother bu11sh1t, stop pretending as if you and your ilk respect women more than the rest of us do.Respect is earned and you don't get it by default all the time. If this another man's wife or mother failed to respect herself and chosed to dance naked in the market square shoppers and passerby alike would not hesitate to sing songs of shame to her.
A Yoruba proverb says: Agbalagba to so agbado mo idi ti so ara e di alawada adie
Translates as: An elder who tie corn on his waist has turned himself to chickens (hen and cock) playmates.
Please tell your mother, your jesus christ on earth to respect herself and stop displaying her arrogance and uncouth behaviour everywhere.

Rant of another mad dog. MOP has spoken again today on the same issue. Read today's paper... The old man has lost it. grin
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by funnyx(m): 8:31am On Jul 24, 2013
akpomeme:

Rant of another mad dog. MOP has spoken again today on the same issue. Read today's paper... The old man has lost it. grin

You're the mad dog here, the likes of you belong to asylum, simpleton like you should be sacrificed to Ogun or even Amadioha to allow Nigeria to move forward. You better go and find a job to do now as time wait for no man otherwise you'll live in penury at your old age.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Willy4Willy: 8:37am On Jul 24, 2013
Yoruba men don't respect their Women, Why?
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 24, 2013
akpomeme:

Wole may have lost it. BUT MIND YOU, so many of his contemporaries neva feel worthy or measure up to his calibre to talk up truth and reality we know WS for for ages.
and Never forget that "The cracked bell can never sound well"....which leaves u to what that means grin
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Willy4Willy: 9:02am On Jul 24, 2013
St_Black:

Wole may have lost it.
MMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDD OOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD PPPPPPPPRRRRRROOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFF, BY Gumi Abacha
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ibietela2(m): 9:17am On Jul 24, 2013
black_beau: You forgot to add @ op ,that this same man who is criticizing PEJ for causing hold-up in traffic in rivers was responsible for 'no movement' on nwaniba in akwa ibom when he came to collect his share of the national cake. If he ,who is not politically relevant as of now could do that,how much more madam president?

They won't remember this.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 24, 2013
funnyx:

Please pay no attention to the fools abusing Prof Wole, Shepopotamus's attitude is normal to them,that is why nothing good can come from their region.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 24, 2013
Willy4Willy: Yoruba men don't respect their Women, Why?
Do your parents do? I have an aunt who is married for many years now, she kneels everytime she greets the husband.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 24, 2013
At least a sensible lady speaking against Shepopotamus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_knQ-XpR3s
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ibietela2(m): 9:37am On Jul 24, 2013
Aigbofa:

Hippos loiter in the dirt all day long. Just like you like to hang around tribalism section all day long. Are you related?

You mean like your domestic appendage wifes??
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Willy4Willy: 9:40am On Jul 24, 2013
Ola Johnson:
I have an aunt who is married for many years now, she kneels everytime she greets the husband.
Greeting the man by kneeling down, still Yoruba men don't respect their women, Yoruba men like to beat Yoruba women , Why?
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ibietela2(m): 10:00am On Jul 24, 2013
Babalegba: This particular thread has turned me into an anti ibo person and I will now do my best to malign them on nairaland from now on and hey guys its ibo in yorubaland not igbo and we will continue to call you ibo and the louder your protest, the more ibo it is. I now also strongly dislike the sheppopotamus that married her hippopotamus lecturer,such moral bankruptcy.

Trash talk
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ibietela2(m): 10:24am On Jul 24, 2013
Pataki:
Who started the insults? When Soyinka advised Jonathan to call his wife to order as she was simply a mere domestic appendage to power, how did madam shepopotamus respond?

Prof. Soyinka did not. Simply gave madam shepopotamus something to remember for a long while to come.

Sincere Nigerians are tired of the Presidency insulting us when we critique them.

I clearly remembered when Nigerians were haranguing GEJ over the presidential pardon granted to Alams, how did Abati respond? He called Nigerians - sophisticated ignorance. Where were you to spew that GEJ and Abati goofed big time?

Can you do better when you are giving the opportunity to lead 170M??
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 24, 2013
Willy4Willy:
Greeting the man by kneeling down, still Yoruba men don't respect their women, Yoruba men like to beat Yoruba women , Why?
I can see that you don't have anything reasonable to contribute. Because you feel WS has done wrong, he is no longer a Nigerian but a Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Willy4Willy: 10:41am On Jul 24, 2013
Ola Johnson:
I can see that you don't have anything reasonable to contribute. Because you feel WS has done wrong, he is no longer a Nigerian but a Yoruba?
I like Wole all my life, but now he is 79yr time for him to say is ok.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by pesty100(m): 10:53am On Jul 24, 2013
One only gets insult if they worth it... I dont think profs worth your insults... To be frank your first lady said it indirectly that she is the cause of the problem in rivers... That she seeks revenge... For a dame to behave so low shes worth all the syllabu prof called her

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by pesty100(m): 11:00am On Jul 24, 2013
This is what happen when we have a president that is number blind with an illiterate wife
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by slimghost(m): 11:10am On Jul 24, 2013
Ola Johnson:

This aint Ijaw VS Yoruba issue. Its a Wrong VS Right issue. I personally think Professor Soyinka erred here and should be corrected. You don't correct people by calling them names, what makes him an elder?. I am really disappointed with him.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by izzyeffizzy(f): 11:21am On Jul 24, 2013
Old age they say can make a man behave like a baby.pls not all ur mothers can speak english mind u.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Zither(m): 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
Akpomeme, you can call the Prof any name you wish, it will only add to the collection of abstract titles hanging on the shelf of history he has received for being the mouthpiece of truth.

How is it going with the assassination of his character? Any luck? I guess you have to try harder. You see, time has thickened his skin...it has taken on a bullet-proof vest... see? that is why he is fearless...maybe you should give some thought as to why the string of words you shot at him and still do have no noticeable effect on his person...not even a scratch....its a pity you have left other useful engagements to chase the wind...

Before your dumb brain suggests I am a staunch follower of Prof....let me assure you, I am no man's pawn unlike you....a woman's pawn.... I give credit and blame to whom they are due just like I expressed my disappointment, anger, as well as apportioning blame on him at the derogatory title he tagged the First Lady...that much my teacher and Prof, Wole Soyinka, taught me...

Since you are so zealous and have spent much effort and ink to bring the Prof's image down...to the point of losing your sleep and weight in the process, you may tell us what your Mistress, PEJ, has taught you that drives you so.....or are your actions driven by selective insanity in the event she has not taught you anything justifying your blind zeal or are you just here to blow your pipe that you may be heard? Whatever the answer, it is clear as daylight....like writing on the wall....like looking through a crystal clear surface, I see who drives you....MAD BIGOTRY....

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by yemight2776(m): 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2013
Eko Ile:

You obviously assumed that everybody's mother behaves like this crude, crass, inconsiderate, obnoxious, overbearing and selfish woman.
then am not surprise again about your comment because thats lack of home training for talking to somebody mother like that and God will judge you for that.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
slimghost:

This aint Ijaw VS Yoruba issue. Its a Wrong VS Right issue. I personally think Professor Soyinka erred here and should be corrected. You don't correct people by calling them names, what makes him an elder?. I am really disappointed with him.
What happened when OBJ was called chimpanzee, gorrilla and monkey by you people? What happened when WS was called an embarrassment?
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by remarkD(m): 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
and do you not think that likewise, if the Prof. can bring himself to the level of exchanging words with PEJ, and uses derisive words at her person.... then those whom feel he did not behave well and "crossed the line".... should not be antagonized for calling him names, like the Mad Old Prof., too?

Those that bring his marriage into the whole mess are not off the mark by arguing that his failed marriages could be a reason he doesn't se anything wrong with calling a lady names the way he did.. I don't think by the way, that this has to do with the wife of the president... any lady should not be addressed that way, simple and short - irrespective, I must add, to her misgivings.

Again, take for example a girl or lady that provokes a man (whom is by all means stronger than she is... ) and the lady even goes to the extent of laying her hands on him.... will you justify the ma beating the lady? will you be saying that "the ladys generation cant tie his shoe lace" "the man is so qualified and of a different class..." and so on and so forth.... what has the man's past achievements have to do with the fact,r or lemme say.... makes him justified enough to beat the woman... while others, everyone else keeps mute or look away....

I don't know if you see where I am coming from.... we have to learn to call a spade a spade. ho ha.

funnyx:

Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by funnyx(m): 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
remark D: and do you not think that likewise, if the Prof. can bring himself to the level of exchanging words with PEJ, and uses derisive words at her person.... then those whom feel he did not behave well and "crossed the line".... should not be antagonized for calling him names, like the Mad Old Prof., too?

Those that bring his marriage into the whole mess are not off the mark by arguing that his failed marriages could be a reason he doesn't se anything wrong with calling a lady names the way he did.. I don't think by the way, that this has to do with the wife of the president... any lady should not be addressed that way, simple and short - irrespective, I must add, to her misgivings.

Again, take for example a girl or lady that provokes a man (whom is by all means stronger than she is... ) and the lady even goes to the extent of laying her hands on him.... will you justify the ma beating the lady? will you be saying that "the ladys generation cant tie his shoe lace" "the man is so qualified and of a different class..." and so on and so forth.... what has the man's past achievements have to do with the fact,r or lemme say.... makes him justified enough to beat the woman... while others, everyone else keeps mute or look away....

I don't know if you see where I am coming from.... we have to learn to call a spade a spade. ho ha.

The OP and many like him are free to call professor Wole Soyinka any names they like, in fact their jesus christ on earth too is free to run her mouth in whatever manner especially if they feel there is a justification to do so. However, their continue reference to Pej as someone's mother or wife doee not hold water that is the basis of my argument. When pej locked down port Harcourt for days how many mothers and fathers were prevented from going about their normal lives? When he berated Ameachi in public did she forget that Ameachi is someone's father and husband?
So whatever names you call someone does not matter as its your personal choice but how history will remember you and I is what matters.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ALTRUTH(m): 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
Remark D u hav said it all. Even if a woman shld slap u as a man, it stil does nt permit u to beat her up because u have ten PhDs. Soyinka has nt done well dis time, fact!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by slimghost(m): 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ola Johnson:
What happened when OBJ was called chimpanzee, gorrilla and monkey by you people? What happened when WS was called an embarrassment?

So? That justifies his actions? Stooping so low as to exchange words with a woman? Well its all good, i wish him goodluck!
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by ALTRUTH(m): 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
[quote

author=funnyx]

The OP and many like him are free to call professor Wole Soyinka any
names they like, in fact their jesus christ on earth too is free to run
her mouth in whatever manner especially if they feel there is a
justification to do so. However, their continue reference to Pej as
someone's mother or wife doee not hold water that is the basis of my
argument. When pej locked down port Harcourt for days how many mothers
and fathers were prevented from going about their normal lives? When he
berated Ameachi in public did she forget that Ameachi is someone's
father and husband?
So whatever names you call someone does not matter as its your personal
choice but how history will remember you and I is what matters. [/quote]

Stop being silly by refering to dis "Jesus Christ" thing now and den, it
wz jst one man dat said so. We are talking somethng else here pls.
Re: Soyinka: The Mad Old Professor (MOP) by funnyx(m): 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
ALTRUTH:

Stop being silly by refering to dis "Jesus Christ" thing now and den, it wz jst one man dat said so. We are talking somethng else here pls.

You see the poster I replied to has shown in his post that he's intelligent and well mannered enough to be given a reply, the same cannot be said of you and your ilk so buzz off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Senator Akpabio Lands In Akwa Ibom Ahead Of His Defection To APC. Photos / Police Officers Push Their Faulty Van As Passersby Refuse To Help In Ilorin: Pix / Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.