Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! (37235 Views)

HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job / He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. / He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by shaiba(f): 10:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
Give the 5million and two plots of land make I keep for u and u fit start all over from kindergaten
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Acidosis(m): 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
surveycash: @OP,
Starting all over again is vanity upon vanity. What do you want to achieve with all those titles? In business, always learn to outsource. Employ someone with all the titles to do the job for a token.

Remember, a successful business is that which can run even in your absence.

Just like Henry Ford smiley

Henry Ford once said that when you hire people who are smarter than you are, it proves you are smarter than they are.

Thats the spirit of great business men and women..

The Op, with his N5million can hire an accountant with all accounting titles if he wants to. smiley
If only he knows the right thing to do..
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by king100(m): 10:14pm On Jul 22, 2013
You don't need spend more years going back to the same educational system that thought rote learning without even knowing what the essence of learning it.That is problem with Nigerian system of education.If you have access to Internet there are many resources where you learn anything you want,even far better than all what all your teachers/lecturers acquired in their entire life.Self development is all what you need not paper qualifications.Develop yourself to the point you become a potential qualification without your paper qualifications.Invest in what you passionate about and be focused in no far time ,with God on your side,I see you at the top.

1 Like

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
I WROTE GCE LAST YEAR AND MADE IT, I USED JUST TWO MONTHS TO PREPARE. WANTED TO CHANGE FROM ENGRG TO LAW SO WAS READING LITT AND CRK ONLY COS THE REST WERE INBUILT ALREADY. JUST AFTER THAT EXAM, I GOT MY DREAM ENGRG JOB THAT DOESNT GIVE ME THE SPACE TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL. NOW TO YOUR TROUBLE, U DONT NEED ALL THIS DEGREES TO SUCCEED IN LIFE. THE EXPOSURE YOU HAD AS AN UNDERGRAD IS ENOUGH. THANK GOD YOU ARE PLANNING SOMETHING ALREADY, JUST CONCENTRATE ON THAT BIZ OF YOURS. ALL SAID, YOU ALONE KNOW YOURSELF. FOLLOW YOUR HEART.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by nenergy(m): 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ideas (not degrees) rule the world!

1 Like

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by trolling(m): 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
degrees is just a piece of paper, skills is what matters
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Is that 2.2 out of 5.0? shocked shocked shocked
olodo.
in nija 2.2 cgpa ranges frm 2.45-3.49
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ojobojo1: Wat nonsense Op, 2:2 is okay and u hv 5 million,I can make 5million 15mill in 6months,don't waste ur time looking 4 anoda degree, just invest wisely with a good plan and if u really want business knowledge go for mba,as an engineer, yu would have been taught dev econs and entrepreneurship so wat else dyu want, d money is d important stuff.[size=18pt]
hw[/size]
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by yourmesumtin: 10:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
sir,you do not need to be told that life is short.make the best out of what you have now,atleast u're educated.....i bet you,there is 99.9percent possibility that you might graduate with a 3rd class or even a pass in finance..i pray they don't give you a certificate of attendance.. Half word is told to the wise,when it sinks................ All d best in your decision
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2013
Acidosis:

Just like Henry Ford smiley

Henry Ford once said that when you hire people who are smarter than you are, it proves you are smarter than they are.

Thats the spirit of great business men and women..

The Op, with his N5million can hire an accountant with all accounting titles if he wants to. smiley
If only he knows the right thing to do..
where av u been, i tot u don kpeme
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by donbenard(m): 10:48pm On Jul 22, 2013
my brother i understand you my advice for you is this revisit your value how do you define success?its not necessarily acquiring certificate it may count sure but if you are zealous for knowledge fine go to school but dont forget self education is easily available and much rewarding come to think of great writers like robert greeene etc they cant boost of certificatessssss but as the saying goes knowledge is ony knowledge wen its applied the profs even kno dats y they still self educate themselves for a better the first point of call is revisit your defination of success and secondly get passionate on sometin adolebenard123@gmail.com
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by AkinropoIlori: 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
Thanks Pc guru 4 ur comment, and to the op what i will say is that even if you have graduated with first class it wouldn't have make any difference because the motivation is not there again because what motivated you to study that course in the first place is no longer in place again and you didn't love the course in the first place because is either you force yourself into it or you were force to it and alot of we youths are victim of this many of us were forced to study a course which will don't derive happiness and joy from what motivated us is not from within and everything is not all about monetary gains and this has become a problem to us. Graduating with second class lower isn't bad at all and i will not force you to do what you are not please with if the sacrifice worth it why not make that sacrifice, if you know that going back to school to study that course that you cherish most instead of doing what will forever hurt and you will forever not be happy with why not do it beside, you will be doing your business and i don't see anything that will serve as impede from achieving your goals the only things you need to do is to be focus, determine and perseverance and at the end you will see yourself there and you will be happy that you made that choice. Steve Job, Bill Gate and the rest assuming they were all force to get what they don't desire the world wouldn't have notice them it was their personal interests that led to the society interests now people can talk of apple, microsoft etc. Note, Bill Gate is doing what he enjoying doing and the world is paying for it. Inconclusion, i will advice you to know what you want if going back to school is what you think will bring you joy and happiness and not the monetary value because if after spending so much time and money in studying that course and at the end you didn't achieve much interm of the monetary aspect you desire it will be disastrous. Before the writeup you said you read, I can deduct that you already made up your mind and only seek opinions so follow your heart.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by lateefdauda(m): 10:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
Hello house my advise to him is that either first class too nor 3rd class u will reach were u re destined to..
I graduated with 2.2 EConomics.frm lasu..Right nw planing to further here in usa..Even second degree..so u re destined to be it.pursue it goal bro.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
What i see here is lack of purpose....

Shiyte...
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by macjireh: 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
Helo Mr. man, u've gone 2sch,u'r not using d cert,but u hav somtin doin and u'r makin gud money_kk, Y not,hav ur kids &train dem wit dat money or beta stil giv anoda person d opportunity 2@ least be educated too. NA U LIKE BOOK PASS? There ar somany less privileged ones dat cude benefit so much from u. Pls raise odas up, KK !!!!
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by harsysky(m): 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
Nobody hia can predictably tell u wat ll happen 2mao...everybody only assumes. Am not advising u on this but tis beta wen one goes down the rail, u dnt say pple misled U or if I had knwn. Always follow these 2 pple Almighty God and Ur hrt..nothing more and nothing less coS they hold the key to wat ll become of U 2mao not even we hia..I wish U d best bro atleast that's wat I can offer.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Usman212s: 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
i'll advice you start from wearing pampas and sucking breast.....

1 Like

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Oludrex(m): 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
chidindufrank: Once a Crammer is always a Crammer
Change is constant
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by profeoo(m): 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2013
My guy,focus on d future,u can't change d past. You already have a 2.2(nt d best of results though,bt many will kill 4 it),5million naira @ your disposal. What u need right now is to juxtapose both into forging a life 4 yourself. you also need to be patient as it may take some time before you attain your expected results. Forget abt going to start from O-level again,u can always do that yourself from . . . Btw,this is just y CRAMING is bad. Even if u have to cram to pass,go over d material in detail after d exams. That's all!
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by lxgx1: 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2013
To be honest. I dont think you need to do all that jazz. the problem is the fact that people get swayed with all the fancy titles and etc but it doesnt lead to anything and ur starting another 12 yr educational journey at 32. C'mon son. it u want to switch fields read online . do distance learning take the certification. The problem is a lack of passion with the Nigerian student. Evry one wants to read and get 1st in a field they think will make them Hammer and yet the fact is you'll just be another mediocre performer in the field . A 1st class dont mean squat. if you know ur onions inside and out. i had a friend who was in UNILAG studying MBBS with me. He left at 400 lvl to go study finance. We all he knew he was passionate about business and had business hustles going on all over medilag. he made a 1st in finance almost effortlessly because he enjoyed it. While in Medcine he struggled and would have probably be a mediocre Dr at best. Guess what he's doing today . He's owns a bakery and is selling cupcakes in the USA. One of the best i'm told in Boston. Why. because he fell in love with cooking and wanted to be a Master baker. The point is you may have many passions and vocations but your life's calling will only come after your mind is free and clear. Today he's probably earning wayyyy more than any Dr or Finance person i know. I doubt any one cares abt his 1st in Finance but guess what he's having fun with his life. Find you're passion and not alphabets.

#GetrealNegro

3 Likes

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by collynzo2(m): 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2013
ighoosagie: olodo.
in nija 2.2 cgpa ranges frm 2.45-3.45
You be the King of Olodos, 2:2 ranges from 2.5 - 3.49
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by babsomotde(m): 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
Best of Luck.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by lepasharon(f): 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2013
2:2 ?....God forbid
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by isaiahethan: 11:16pm On Jul 22, 2013
Hope ur alrite brob?
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by maclatunji: 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
What this guy needs is a psychologist. There is very little self-confidence exhibited by him.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
Going by your post, you don't ♓A̶̲̥̅√ε d flair Fø̲̣̣я̅ met Ω̴̩̩̩̥ mat Ʊ studied... All hope isn't lost den, A̶̲̥̅♏ sure everyone knows by now d@ wat one studies doesn't really matter nor does d degree matter.you shud take a glimpse @ few examples cited by pple on here. All dos pple made it by moving forward in taking courses relevant to der chosen direction..it makes ŊO̶̷̩̥̊͡ sense going back.. Move 4wd by taking courses related to d agric business, nd ghud fr Ʊ, Ʊ re bankrolled. Make ghud use °ƒ it A̶̲̥̅̊‎πϑ probly take management courses... Besides its not possible to spend 5yrs in skul A̶̲̥̅̊‎πϑ entirely novice to ƬђΞ course... Look deep A̶̲̥̅̊‎πϑ Ʊ'd b surprised hw mch yu knw...it all depends on you..pray fr direction if Ʊ believe in prayers.. Good luck
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by iykedancastro(m): 11:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
[left][/left]
lepasharon: 2:2 ?....God forbid
do u know wot it teks to mek a 2.2 in a nigerian practical-less institution in dat dept?? Sha u sim lyk an undergraduate am nt surprised! Back to d OP!! Get ur priorities straight bro, I wonder y I wuld want to exchange ma engineering degree for finance !! Wen finance is jst all abt meking d ryt decisions in fiscal issues!!

1 Like

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
OP
Are you sure you are okay.....as in very very okay?
If you are,then i think you are just kidding us all.
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by wade4500: 11:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
smiley

1 Like

Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by Revolva(m): 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
he is a stupid fella...sey na with 2.1 and so much read read g make am be billionaire...

his mates are using the litle education to make serious money..he is there...going back to o level...
one day na Yaba left he go see himself
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by bolayei: 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
Mr Man do what men do @ your age start a family not rewrite waec or gsce
Re: After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! by wade4500: 11:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff / NIIT: Are They Worth It? / Rocks Quest FM/TV Presenters Sacked Over Sexual Harassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.