Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn (45623 Views)

The Moon Was Created By A Massive Collision Of Earth And A Mars-sized Planet / Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! / The Most Amazing Pictures Of Earth (courtesy NASA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Vansnickers: 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy:

Kettle calling pot black. Don't you think it should be where's the galaxy/milkyway/solarsystem/nebula??...

Dude, your post shows ignorance. Our Galaxy is the milky way galaxy.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Vansnickers: 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
This shows the beauty and vastness of the Universe. Hawking was right when he said there was no need for a god.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Nightshift(m): 6:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
Apart from the Dogon tribe in Mali who have profound knowledge of astrology, no Nigerian tribe has any clue what's going on out there in the universe.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Emmalexico(m): 6:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
ibedun: This solidfies my believe in the nonexistence of the fraud God.

Now just watch the ignorant, uncultured, unaware wretched, black African fools lay into me.

Deal with it. It doesn't exist!
You called God who created the whole universe "a fraud God", have u wondered who/what made u sleep and wake up.. Read Genesis 1:1 down if at all u are a christian.. Do u know u can sleep without waking tonight. Only a fool says there is no God..

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Nomski0(f): 6:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
horlabiyi: Laughing My (_|_) Off
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Braincage: 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
engineerd: WOW....WHITE MAGIC AKA SCIENCE/TECH AT IT'S BEST!! MEANWHILE...MONKEYS IN NIGERIA ARE BASHING EACH-OTHERS HEAD IN WITH A MACE

L8r if oyibo call u monkey, u go call am racist... I wonder n dnt knw wat 2 call u
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Deiok(m): 6:38pm On Jul 23, 2013
Even the earth is too small to be God's foot stool.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by NwaMaziIzuogu(m): 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
I just recieve a telegram from my friend from Uranus and Jupitar informing me that as we think say they no de exist,say na so they bin de think say we no de exist, but thank God for GSM.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by 9jahubcom(m): 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
spongeback: Wow
So the world population in God's eye I just wonder what it will be
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Vansnickers: 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2013

Now just watch the ignorant, uncultured, unaware wretched, black African fools lay into me.

Bro, they will never accept that simple Fact.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Emmalexico(m): 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
Van snickers: This shows the beauty and vastness of the Universe. Hawking was right when he said there was no need for a god.
You also agree wit hawkings that God doesn't exist, ask urself who make u sleep and wake up. Read Genesis 1:1 down if at all u will..
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Braincage: 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2013

Like som1 asked hawking, ''can u prove it dat all diz jus popped out of ''nothing''? ''

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by caesaraba(m): 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2013
NwaMazi Izuogu: I just recieve a telegram from my friend from Uranus and Jupitar informing me that as we think say they no de exist,say na so they bin de think say we no de exist, but thank God for GSM.

Hehe, it's gonna happen someday..........not from the planets mentioned though.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by coastalqueen: 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
kj_hova: This type of post will normally generate quite a bit of intelligent discuss in many other places but maybe not in my dear country. While many of our neighbours on the planet were busy saying "cheese" to the inter orbital photo shoot, many in our part of the globe had the least idea that such a thing is going on.
As we speak, the Int. Space Station, ISS, is fully operational, Voyager 1 & 2 space probes are crossing into inter stellar territory and Mars rover Curiosity is busy scooping soil, rocks and air sample from the red planet yet Africa stumbles on in her self created cesspool of greed, hatred, ignorance, non-challance to knowledge and general disconnection from the advancing of human capacity.

At any rate, isn't it a marvel that a picture of the Earth captured by a robot created by die hard atheists would generate such reverence for god(s) as is been expressed on this thread?

Just my thoughts really.
And how dO you know that everyone in NASA is an Atheist? Quit assuming there's no God,You need to apply at least Pascal's theory to ur life, what do u get in the end if you live like there's no God and later realize there's God? Great loss,which is ofcourse hell. Albeit if you live like there's God and in the end find out there isn't God what do you lose? Nothing.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by millhouse: 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
oyibo
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Vansnickers: 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2013
coastal queen: And how dO you know that everyone in NASA is an Atheist? Quit assuming there's no God,You need to apply at least Pascal's theory to ur life, what do u get in the end if you live like there's no God and later realize there's God? Great loss,which is ofcourse hell. Albeit if you live like there's God and in the end find out there isn't God what do you lose? Nothing.

Then such a person serves god out of fear of Hell. Is that what your god wants? For humans to fear him and serve him just because we don't want to go to hell.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Youngtekkey(m): 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
4reigningqueen: i didnt even understand anything in the picture.
u no fit understand na when u have a dumb brain and u can't get anything into it lol no quarrel ooooo am just playing with u
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Youngtekkey(m): 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2013
Van snickers:

Then such a person serves god out of fear of Hell. Is that what your god wants? For humans to fear him and serve him just because we don't want to go to hell.
huh another animal on this thread again if u know u don't know what to say or u believe there is no God u can keep that to urself but don't come and show ur stupidity here

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by ibiso1986: 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
xynerise: Where are earth's other brothers?
yet to be discovered but pretty soon.. I believe there's another planet or moon yet to be discovered, that can habour living beings
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Callimo(m): 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
$hellyboi:
Everybody just want to make frontpage, wetin we fit learn from this nah...

...sounds like a fool's question

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by kaeto(m): 7:11pm On Jul 23, 2013
And ole soyinka says there's no God. Only a big FOOL thinks so. Wole is a mad old man that deserves no respect for disrespecting his creator. Most High God be glorified!
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Vansnickers: 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
Youngtekkey: huh another animal on this thread again if u know u don't know what to say or u believe there is no God u can keep that to urself but don't come and show ur stupidity here

Bi!tch calls me stup!id just because i don't believe in his imaginary friend! LMAO grin
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by ibiso1986: 7:14pm On Jul 23, 2013
caesaraba:

Sorry (auto-fill). The existence of the zone isn't a recent finding. However, there are recent findings as to the sheer number of earth-like planets which exist in that region of the universe. And there is a high possibility that a number of those planets do have the same exact composition of the earth's properties. Now, keeping the "God" phenomen aside (just for a while), this argument is very much scientifically viable. That extra-terrestrial life is existent isn't a big question for many, the problem is, we do not yet possess the technology to find it (them). On thing is sure, either we find it, or they find us. (Might not see it in this lifetime, but I know it's out there).
nice one bro.. Have u heard of europa(jupiters moon).. From satellite imagery, its a mass ocean.. Who knows wats underneath the ocean.. Alien life I presume
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by coastalqueen: 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2013
Van snickers:

Poor soul
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Vansnickers: 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
coastal queen: Poor soul

Typical deluded response.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Callimo(m): 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
Nightshift: Apart from the Dogon tribe in Mali who have profound knowledge of astrology, no Nigerian tribe has any clue what's going on out there in the universe.

Have you been there? In Bamako now on a 3 day tour to that place "Paye Dogon". What should I look out for and what questions should l ask ?
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by frankhills(m): 7:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
chaloner: Wow I can see my village there grin
Your local village for where?
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by caesaraba(m): 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
ibiso1986: nice one bro.. Have u heard of europa(jupiters moon).. From satellite imagery, its a mass ocean.. Who knows wats underneath the ocean.. Alien life I presume

Yeah, last I heard (read), the guys at NASA were deliberating on ways to access the mass of 'water' under the ice cover which proves to be many meters thicks. They where thinking of sending a 3-phase rocket carrying a payload that will blast through a significant layer of the ice, then a drill would bore the hole (2nd phase) for the scientific equipment (3rd phase) to be released into the water to do its job. Whichever works for them, I hope they get to do it soon.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by paranorman(m): 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
I just realized that i have tons of questions to ask God....! Lots and lots of interestin ones to satisfy even my wildest curiousity! How great thou art, oh Lord God of Hosts!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator / People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) / Residents Gather As Elephants Are Spotted In Kebbi. See What Happened. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.