Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn (45624 Views)

The Moon Was Created By A Massive Collision Of Earth And A Mars-sized Planet / Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! / The Most Amazing Pictures Of Earth (courtesy NASA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Solozzo(m): 3:56am On Jul 24, 2013
coastal queen: And how dO you know that everyone in NASA is an Atheist? Quit assuming there's no God,You need to apply at least Pascal's theory to ur life, what do u get in the end if you live like there's no God and later realize there's God? Great loss,which is ofcourse hell. Albeit if you live like there's God and in the end find out there isn't God what do you lose? Nothing.

God is not bothered about how you live your life. If you believe life is a gift, then why bother how the person uses the gift? The material world was made to reward efficient energy seekers and punish the inefficient energy seekers on earth. We lose sight of the greater life principles because we measure the creator of the universe in human terms. Do we ever bother about what happens to the ants in the world, how they steal food from each other. It's just survival strategies. If you are inefficient you get punished by the beings, circumstances, natural or artificial disasters. The God of the material universe cannot change these rules as he is unable to do so, being an imperfect universe.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Solozzo(m): 4:08am On Jul 24, 2013
Van snickers:

Then such a person serves god out of fear of Hell. Is that what your god wants? For humans to fear him and serve him just because we don't want to go to hell.

Because the God of the Old Testament is a jealous God, prone to anger and irrational behaviours, mass murder and unable to prevent man from gaming knowledge of good and evil and independent clear thinking. He is also anxious to prevent man from finding the tree of life and live for ever.

Read the first two chapters of genesis well. Were it not for the snake man would have remained a naked ape-like creature till date.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by telim: 4:36am On Jul 24, 2013
Callimo:

Have you been there? In Bamako now on a 3 day tour to that place "Paye Dogon". What should I look out for and what questions should l ask ?
have not had of these tribe before, i did a little research online and found out they have facts about astronomy. How did they acquire these facts about astronomy? is it through some form of super beings or through some kind of astronomical tools invented by their ancestors?
They are the most civilize tribe in africa.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by ozoemeka(m): 6:21am On Jul 24, 2013
GOD is great and Mighty!

la_unique: Nasa has released photos of the Earth and Moon taken by a spacecraft orbiting Saturn -
nearly a billion miles away.
Our planet and its only satellite appear only as dots in the picture, which was taken by the Cassini spacecraft on 19 July.
Scientists wanted to pay homage to the "Pale Blue Dot" image captured by the Voyager 1 probe in 1990.
This was the first time people knew in advance that their long distance picture was being taken. As part of the event launched by Nasa, people were asked to wave in what Carolyn Porco, who leads Cassini's camera team, described as an "interplanetary cosmic photo session".
"It thrills me no end that people all over the world took a break from their normal activities to go outside and celebrate the interplanetary
salute between robot and maker that these images represent," said Dr Porco, from the Space Science
Institute in Boulder, Colorado.
The wide-angle image is part of a larger mosaic - or multi-image portrait - that imaging scientists are putting together of the entire
Saturn system. Pictures of Earth from the outer
Solar System are rare because, from that distance, Earth is very close to the bright Sun. Just as a person can damage their retina by looking directly at the Sun,
a camera's sensitive detectors can be damaged by the bright rays.
These images were taken when the sun had moved behind the planet Saturn from the spacecraft's point of
view, blocking out most of the light.

In the first picture, the Earth is seen along with its only satellite the moon. In the second picture our planet appears as a tiny blue dot below Saturn's magnificient rings

http://bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23419543
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Peterkleva(m): 6:59am On Jul 24, 2013
So this huge place that we are in is that small dot, hmmm
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by sylve11: 7:14am On Jul 24, 2013
shocked shocked cool
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by coolzeal(m): 7:21am On Jul 24, 2013
what about those who are alien to our beloved planet? will the wrath of God be upon them. There's more to the universe and our world before religion.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by jude4us(m): 7:22am On Jul 24, 2013
If God should throw a stone at that dot, that means: BOOM! i'm gone!
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by agbalej(m): 7:32am On Jul 24, 2013
The earth is indeed d Lord's footstool!
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by PrettyGaby(f): 7:34am On Jul 24, 2013
[quote
author=kj_hova]This type of post will normally generate quite a bit of
intelligent discuss in many other places but maybe not in my dear
country. While many of our neighbours on the planet were busy saying
"cheese" to the inter orbital photo shoot, many in our part of the globe
had the least idea that such a thing is going on.
As we speak, the Int. Space Station, ISS, is fully operational, Voyager 1
& 2 space probes are crossing into inter stellar territory and Mars
rover Curiosity is busy scooping soil, rocks and air sample from the
red planet yet Africa stumbles on in her self created cesspool of greed,
hatred, ignorance, non-challance to knowledge and general disconnection
from the advancing of human capacity.

At any rate, isn't it a marvel that a picture of the Earth captured by a
robot created by die hard atheists would generate such reverence for
god(s) as is been expressed on this thread?

Just my thoughts really.[/quote] for your mind now, this your post make sense die abi? and na you be the mr sensible. congrats!
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by babsthegreat: 7:46am On Jul 24, 2013
chaloner: Wow I can see my village there grin
MUmu bushman I know u are from koma village
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by elliottibanga(m): 8:07am On Jul 24, 2013
coastal queen: And how dO you know that everyone in NASA is an Atheist? Quit assuming there's no God,You need to apply at least Pascal's theory to ur life, what do u get in the end if you live like there's no God and later realize there's God? Great loss,which is ofcourse hell. Albeit if you live like there's God and in the end find out there isn't God what do you lose? Nothing.

The Majority of Scientist are non-believers or skeptics. Have u ever asked yourself how many Nobel prize winners in science and Intellectual fields are open believers? You would be hard pressed to find any “functioning scientist" without a tinge of Non-belief or skepticism in them.

And by the way, Pascal's Wager is argument that is ripe with Cowardice!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.336019326428298.86981.323969267633304&type=3 <----Keep a look out for our own Wole Soyinka
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by ibedun: 8:52am On Jul 24, 2013
Evidently this God and Allah nonsense is a fraud. The pastors obviously know this which explains their greed, avarice and cons.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Akinola2543(m): 9:03am On Jul 24, 2013
chaloner: Wow I can see my village there grin
u must be family wit patience jonathan.dude
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by ignis: 9:12am On Jul 24, 2013
thelonestranger:

Foolish question.It should be where is the Sun?
Kettle calling pot black...
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Eddy2cute(m): 9:26am On Jul 24, 2013
makahlj2: Photoshop smiley
mumu na every thing be photoshop?
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by zolajpower: 9:30am On Jul 24, 2013
thelonestranger:

Foolish question.It should be where is the Sun?
why are you ppl so quick to insult your fellow nairalanaders, i dont think majority of you guys here are well trained@home not to insult so quick. i also have the same thought where is the earth. after all i was told in school that the earth is spherical in shape. so where is spherical shape here?
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by makahlj2: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2013
Eddy2cute: mumu na every thing be photoshop?
Not every, but most things today are indeed photoshopped.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by akinladejo: 10:28am On Jul 24, 2013
How great and mighty is ur work, oh Jehovah! No wonder d bible said the whole world is like a drop of water in a bucket. Thanks to scientist for confirming what the bible said but greater thanks to the maker of the earth and the scientist.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by mecussey(m): 10:47am On Jul 24, 2013
I love this, how can I join NASA? All my life, I have been in love with space things. Look up, all the stars you see out their is as big or more as our sun and they are complete universes. There are many things are their men, life exists else where.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:54am On Jul 24, 2013
Yay1 Yay!C my house!!!! grin Rubbish!
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by adrainuche(m): 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
coolest0: Where is the earth?
you no do geography for school
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by mecussey(m): 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
I hear pple say, I will deal with you...rmber you are talking from that tiny light
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Dignitygab(m): 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
not Photoshop bro I went there with the guy lol
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by ISBLIAC(m): 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
Solozzo:

Because the God of the Old Testament is a jealous God, prone to anger and irrational behaviours, mass murder and unable to prevent man from gaming knowledge of good and evil and independent clear thinking. He is also anxious to prevent man from finding the tree of life and live for ever.

Read the first two chapters of genesis well. Were it not for the snake man would have remained a naked ape-like creature till date.
The human body is just 1% of who we really are......we have the human soul that's indestructible....so,you thinking that God doesnt want you to live forever is a lie.....if your body is immortal,how would you embrace your immortal soul
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
Nightshift: Apart from the Dogon tribe in Mali who have profound knowledge of astrology, no Nigerian tribe has any clue what's going on out there in the universe.
just goggled Dogon,thanks
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by tpia5: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
Apart from the Dogon tribe in Mali who have profound knowledge of astrology, no Nigerian tribe has any clue what's going on out there in the universe.

i dont think that's correct.

yorubas do.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by ibiso1986: 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
tpia@:

i dont think that's correct.

yorubas do.
really.. I do and I'm not yoruba
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
God is Great!
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by waldigit: 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
Van snickers:

Do you know what a "Schizoid" is? If you want to believe if a "sky-daddy" be my Guest, it's your Life.

I still stand by what I've just said, THERE IS NO GOD!!!!!!

If you don't like it, go and kill yourself.

dear sir, i hope you shall agree with the complete logic thus if THERE IS NO GOD, THEN THERE IS NO DEVIL' pls if yes we can prove something, come to south west nigeria and sleep with a woman laced with 'MAGUN' local charm to cutail infidelty. Sir, if you survive it I shall agree with u and become your desciple. Shalom.
Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by Imaeyez(m): 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
waldigit :

dear sir, i hope you shall agree with the complete logic thus if THERE IS NO GOD, THEN THERE IS NO DEVIL' pls if yes we can prove something, come to south west nigeria and sleep with a woman laced with 'MAGUN' local charm to cutail infidelty. Sir, if you survive it I shall agree with u and become your desciple. Shalom.
The Idea of your God being in existence has been proven to be illogical time and time again, now you are here asking for a logical proof of his non-existence. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a logical proof of non-existence is unnecessary, since existence has not been established logically.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Earth Taken From Saturn by goodgood2(m): 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
These pictures should give us more reasons to get closer to Jehovah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Girls Invent Urine-powered Generator / People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) / Residents Gather As Elephants Are Spotted In Kebbi. See What Happened. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.