Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) (45823 Views)

Say Something About This Generator. / Did This Generator Cause You Any Harm / I Need An Engineer For This Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Explorers(m): 4:58am On Nov 25, 2021
Lister multipurpose diesel engine.

Buy and attach to alternator with two drums filled with water(Hot&Cold water).

Do not move closer to this engine if you're wearing agbada or Tie.

To start, you need to roll with one hand and the other hand on the choke at the same time.

When you roll fast enough, shift the choke and it picks.

When hear the pick sound with vibration, 'gba gba gba gba' remove the starter/roller.

Failure to do so, RUN.

135 Likes 12 Shares

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Explorers(m): 5:03am On Nov 25, 2021
Dad bought/installed it in 2000, but removed it when i gained admissions in 2006.

Nobody to start it.

Mind you, this isn't the type of gen you use when NEPA is doing the on/off, on/off, on/off wahala.

Once Nepa brings light, you need to take your time and be sure you really want to shut down the engine.

Once you shut it down and NEPA off the light again, that's it, till another Day.

My hostels landlord in Unad/Eksu also bought this lister engine from one nearby block industry(used).

He also bought alternator with it to power the hostel(Gmath).

After the installation, i was feeling big thinking i can start it just because we have at home.

This one is special, it takes atleast 3-5 guys to start the engine, you whine, whine, bleed fuel, and whine again till you're exhausted and next guys takes turn before you can start it.

We used it for like 1session 07/08 before we abandoned the gen.

Throughout that period, only one guy could start it alone in a hostel of almost 80rooms and 30 guys.

The guy will go somewhere to weed first then come back to start whining.

277 Likes 11 Shares

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by tillaman(m): 5:11am On Nov 25, 2021
shocked
I am left handed so it was hard getting this lister to start but with time I understood the trick but you see the day that roller hit my dad on his knee baba sat down on the floor I no fit laugh ooo, i don warn am but that Crazy afternoon was humbling for my pops, baba no gree look my face I come dey pity am say see my Superman o
that was the last time he touched the lister, ours was so powerful that it powers our electric iron that year, 2007 or there about

163 Likes 12 Shares

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by iamyemiakins(m): 5:39am On Nov 25, 2021
Lister, the noise sef na something else!

41 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by BluntCrazeMan: 6:01am On Nov 25, 2021
Hahahahahaaa..
I can relate

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Bobbyjay001(m): 6:03am On Nov 25, 2021
tillaman:
shocked
I am left handed so it was hard getting this lister to start but with time I understood the trick but you see the day that iron we use to wine the lister hit my dad on his knee baba sat down on the floor I no fit laugh ooo, i don warn am but that Crazy afternoon was humbling for my pops, baba no gree look my face I come dey pity am say see my Superman o
that was the last time he touched the lister, ours was so powerful that it powers our electric iron that year, 2007 or there about

lolz.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Timekeeper: 6:05am On Nov 25, 2021
This generator Ehnnnn, na another person on its own..

I remember my first official job... I train students on desktop publishing packages, I arrange the hall for seminars, I snap passport and the worst of all, I was the one in charge of this generator.... For how much ?, 5k then in 2011..
Sometimes this Gen will hit me unexpectedly while I was trying to put it on. Some others time, the fuel tank will just open suddenly and diesel oil will spread all over my body....
Sometimes you go whine am whine am, baba no go answer. My grown up Oga then doesn't only come when he waits for like 10 mins and he never see light for training hall, then he knows there is a problem. Whenever this generator get issue, even with engr, I still dey suffer bcox I have to help him...

Las las, the generator pack up oooo..... But I can never forget sha...

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Explorers(m): 6:12am On Nov 25, 2021
tillaman:
shocked
I am left handed so it was hard getting this lister to start but with time I understood the trick but you see the day that iron we use to wine the lister hit my dad on his knee baba sat down on the floor I no fit laugh ooo, i don warn am but that Crazy afternoon was humbling for my pops, baba no gree look my face I come dey pity am say see my Superman o

grin It powers the whole building then, including tenants apartments.

Also depends on the alternator.

The generator killed people then.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Chloraseptic: 6:17am On Nov 25, 2021
Nigeria, generator headquarter of the world.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by gasparpisciotta: 6:21am On Nov 25, 2021
Lister gen alias knee cap breaker

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by tillaman(m): 6:30am On Nov 25, 2021
Explorers:

grin It powers the whole building then, including tenants apartments.

Also depends on the alternator.

The generator killed people then.
no lies my bro, there was this one guy that was running a grinding mill business Naso him brother go wear agbada go roller lister Omo the thing grab him agbada the same way radio dey chop tape for that year, Nna them stitch this bro head anyhow the thing disfigured the bro,
Also you know you must be fast when trying to remove the roller from that lister because the thing fit start while you never comot the roller
E do me like 3 times before I got it right Omo as the thing comot roller from my hand and lister don start Omo I Japa ni oo I no look back make e no go release am suddenly na my Superman go off am

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:54am On Nov 25, 2021
I thank God the period of time I handled this gen, e no collect my body parts!

This gen is madt!!!

It's a simple skill to be mastered: once you wind it and it starts, just turn the arm anticlockwise. If you don't, chai ....

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by MrJames007: 6:59am On Nov 25, 2021
Back in 2014 I tried starting this thing for the first time, the handle flipped off and hit my head. Left the damn thing and walked away with a bump on my head. I canur come and kee mysef.

69 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by princepee: 7:16am On Nov 25, 2021
Y
Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by oz4real83(m): 7:16am On Nov 25, 2021
The person who invented this "lister generator" design should be added to the list of "serial wounders or injurers" grin. Starting this generator, no matter how experienced you are, should never be taken carelessly. You can lose your eyes, teeth and any part of the body if u are not careful grin

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by femi4: 7:17am On Nov 25, 2021
Explorers:

To start, you need to roll with one hand and the other hand on the choke at the same time.

When hear the pick sound with vibration, 'gba gba gba gba' remove the starter/roller.

Failure to do so, RUN.

It's cheaper to run and if the foundation isn't solid, the vibration will damage the surface with time. It powers almost everything

15 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by PlayerMeji: 7:19am On Nov 25, 2021
This generator almost killed a guy I know.

It was in one church, the GO of the church always had issues with decision making, he assumed he should know everything being a civil engineer.

He bought this lister engine from the second hand market in Abuja and delegated his security guy to start the engine any time.

This fateful day, there was a service and the security guy started the engine. Not more than 20 minutes later the security guy heard a sound and decided to go check it out.

As God would save him, he was just two steps away from the engine when the lister exploded with a loud bang sending a massive chunk of the engine that landed over 50 meters away. The guy was just lucky he was not in the path of the flying projectile. He would have been dead.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by fortune1894(m): 7:24am On Nov 25, 2021
Will never forget this Gen back then ours was either Imec or Emec I can’t really remember the product now but when it’s getting old the light go just Dey shake small small

19 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Explorers(m): 7:32am On Nov 25, 2021
tillaman:
no lies my bro, there was this one guy that was running a grinding mill business Naso him brother go wear agbada go wine lister Naso the thing grab him agbada the same way radio dey chop cassette for that year, Omo them stitch this bro head anyhow the thing disfigured the bro,
Also you know you must be fast when trying to remove the winer from that lister because the thing fit start while you never comot the winer
E do me like 3 times before I got it right Omo as the thing comot whiner from my hand and lister don start Omo I Japa ni oo I no look back make e no go release am suddenly na my Superman go off am

Agbada to on Lister, he's lucky to be alive.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by ShaqFu: 7:34am On Nov 25, 2021
I remember this generator very well, didn't know it's the world's most dangerous generator. I had no problem starting it, it just takes getting use to, that's all.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by lkillbrokehoes: 7:40am On Nov 25, 2021
Nawa oh. see the generator like arsenal. undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by larrybabanla(m): 7:44am On Nov 25, 2021
Remembered I left my job as a hotel supervisor because of this generator some years ago, damn! I did not have the strength and all other workers were avoiding it

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by ariesbull: 7:44am On Nov 25, 2021
Explorers:

Tell ọ min

Failure to do so, RUN.

It is common in East

6 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Explorers(m): 7:51am On Nov 25, 2021
larrybabanla:
Remembered I left my job as a hotel supervisor because of this generator some years ago, damn! I did not have the strength and all other workers were avoiding it

The gen sacked you grin grin

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Explorers(m): 7:55am On Nov 25, 2021
PlayerMeji:
This generator almost killed a guy I know.

It was in one church, the GO of the church always had issues with decision making, he assumed he should know everything being a civil engineer.

He bought this lister engine from the second hand market in Abuja and delegated his security guy to start the engine any time.

This fateful day, there was a service and the security guy started the engine. Not more than 20 minutes later the security guy heard a sound and decided to go check it out.

As God would save him, he was just two steps away from the engine when the lister exploded with a loud bang sending a massive chunk of the engine that landed over 50 meters away. The guy was just lucky he was not in the path of the flying projectile. He would have been dead.

Another thing about the Lister is, if is new, starting/whining is light and easy. The only issue will be removing the starter.

The older it becomes, the harder and hearvier the starting.

Lalasticlala Mynd44

15 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by larrybabanla(m): 7:57am On Nov 25, 2021
Explorers:

The gen sacked you grin grin
infact, very annoying

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by AgentGoat: 8:07am On Nov 25, 2021
The noise and smoke no be here.

9 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:16am On Nov 25, 2021
I never on that gen but have been around to know it's not an easy fit. Na person way chop fit roll that diesel generator to roar to life

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Knows(m): 8:18am On Nov 25, 2021
Na choke I deh help my guy deh put. Who born me to whine ds monster?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:20am On Nov 25, 2021
Knows:
Na choke I deh help my guy deh put. Who born me to whine ds monster?

Oya come and hold my own choke for me to start mine

12 Likes

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by Doubleoh7: 8:26am On Nov 25, 2021
This generator shaa elicits childhood memories. We had two of it, dad was a lover of British stuffs and to be frank these engines were like farm tractors, load anything to it and it moves on. Learnt to respect this generator the day it killed someone. Manager of a filling station resume work with him tie and went to start this monster, such stories never ends well

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: People Share Their Experiences Starting This Generator (Photo) by ExAngel007(f): 8:27am On Nov 25, 2021
funnnnny comments

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's This Light Travelling In The Sky? (photo) / Residents Gather As Elephants Are Spotted In Kebbi. See What Happened. Photos / Nigerian Man Makes Crocodile Out Of Plastic Wastes (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.