Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria (17672 Views)

Fire Explosion At Allen Gas,Okota Lagos,Many Feared Dead,Others Injured(Photos) / Bomb Explosion Destroys Ohanaeze Secretariat In Enugu / Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by dabrake(m): 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
#A_Thief_KU_Out
#GEJ_Out
#Eye_BB_Out
#Thief_Nubu_Out
#ShepopotamusOut
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by code0: 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
tspun: let me explain to you since at dis age u can't read and understand without askin questn. Dat fire render so many people jobless, homeless. Ruin so many business. And if the op were to be in d shoe of any of the victims automatically the fire would have ruin his success.

I AM OBAMA. I AM THE SEXXY SEUN VIRGIN. I AM MICROCHIP. I AM FINE. WE ARE COME.

1 Like

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by nijanigga: 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2013
How come T.B.Joshua did not prophesy the death of Patience's mom?
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
Guy, dont waste ur time praying for PEACE but pray for JUSTICE coz until nd unless our society is just, our pursuit of peace wil continue to elude fruition.
But above all, dont expect nigeria to in a twinkle of an eye change into a haven for her citizens nd a mecca for tourists attraction coz dat will be too naive of u. Instead pray for an ENDURING SPIRIT coz d bible made it clear dat these tins will continue to happen but those "who endure till d end shall be saved"

2 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by delors(m): 8:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
ebamma 3: If my prayer won't change senator yerima's mind from marrying a 13yr old girl
won't change my president from eating 1billiön naira food
won't change an igbo man's hatred for yorubas or a yoruba man's hatred for igbos
wont change our politcians hand from stealing our national cake #then whats the need of praying?
Who tell you say ibo hate Yoruba or Yoruba hate Ibo? undecided You have been drinking again abi?

3 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by delors(m): 8:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
nadia_SA: GOD BLESS NIGERIA..
I Love That Country..
I Love its people..
Gba! We love you too...
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by gothrones(m): 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
So aside from praying, what concrete plans do you have?
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by delors(m): 8:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
MacLovington: .

Well we have failed in 52 years. Only a mad man does same thing and expects a different result.

We have to sit down and dispassionately analyse where we want to be and how to get there. I witnessed the corruption and collapse of the 2nd republic (Shagari govt)and I guess you didn't. I was dreaming like you too.

I witnessed a once excellent education system collapse that I travelled abroad to study.
Did you say we failed for 52 years? i guess you are still dreaming. If in all the 52 years you see nothing worth praising, then i guess you are one big part of the problem.
Rome was not built in a day. Even the United states in all its acclaimed glory, it is still a nation bedevilled with problems, fear and what have you. And it is about 200 and something years old...what are you saying bros? What? if there is a problem in Nigeria, what part have you played to solve the problem? All you do is sit in the corner of your room or at the vendor stand and condemn the government as if the government is all to be blamed for people's woes. Individual efforts can contribute to the growth of Nigeria. i have seen very young innovative guys making things to make their lives better. facebook, google, youtube, microsoft, cars, telephone, etc were not created by the governments....but by indivduals like you and i. blackberry was created at a university (university of Waterloo) by a student. Since you studied abroad, did you notice all the electronics stuffs? in the washrooms, CCTVs, toasters, microwave, even a computer mouse, toys, etc were all created by young guys in their 20s...and the government came in to support them...and it is still happening. Go to app store, all those apps you see on android fones were created by very very young university students, not the government...it is high time you stopped blaming the government for your woes and make your own contribution...let's see how far you can go.

4 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Bryancrox(m): 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
code_0: THE ILLUMATI LET OBAMA MICROCHIP TAKE
ON NIGERIA. THE 77 VIRGINS SINGS WITH
JOY. OH OBAMA, OH NIGERIA. HUHAHAHI.
Madman on nairaland? Na wha o,may God deliver dis man b4 he plug heater 4 river o
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by blackbeau1(f): 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
@ op,I'm sorry that this had to happen for you to realise that Nigeria's peace is our peace but I'm glad you've come to the realisation. So many people don't understand that if Nigeria is not @ peace, we cannot be @ peace so that is why they call on yoruba to fight hausa,igbo to fight hausa and so on. What we are yet to understand is that the peace of the tree is that of the bird

1 Like

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by juman(m): 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2013
ebamma 3: i have lost faith in organised religion
i have lost faith in humanity
i have lost faith in the unity of this country

You are right. One nigeria is this country problem.
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by bakynes(m): 9:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
delors:
Did you say we failed for 52 years? i guess you are still dreaming. If in all the 52 years you see nothing worth praising, then i guess you are one big part of the problem.
Rome was not built in a day. Even the United states in all its acclaimed glory, it is still a nation bedevilled with problems, fear and what have you. And it is about 200 and something years old...what are you saying bros? What? if there is a problem in Nigeria, what part have you played to solve the problem? All you do is sit in the corner of your room or at the vendor stand and condemn the government as if the government is all to be blamed for people's woes. Individual efforts can contribute to the growth of Nigeria. i have seen very young innovative guys making things to make their lives better. facebook, google, youtube, microsoft, cars, telephone, etc were not created by the governments....but by indivduals like you and i. blackberry was created at a university (university of Waterloo) by a student. Since you studied abroad, did you notice all the electronics stuffs? in the washrooms, CCTVs, toasters, microwave, even a computer mouse, toys, etc were all created by young guys in their 20s...and the government came in to support them...and it is still happening. Go to app store, all those apps you see on android fones were created by very very young university students, not the government...it is high time you stopped blaming the government for your woes and make your own contribution...let's see how far you can go.

C'mon mate, one needs to blame the govt first all and our leaders bcoz, the govt of those who invented all you ve stated which is the USA,UK,Germany,France and the rest of them provided an enabling environment for young ones to discover their talents,but reverse is the Case here so pls pls spare us this gist we ve heard it a thousand times.
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by collynzo2(m): 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
i have lost faith in the unity of this country
You have lost faith in yourself. Now do the honourable thing and commit suicide.

1 Like

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by juman(m): 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2013

well we have failed in 52 years. Only a mad man does same thing and expects something different.

Hmmm, you are correct. 53 years without any achievement. So what is the essence of one nigeria.
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by juman(m): 9:09pm On Jul 23, 2013

Well we have failed in 52 years. Only a mad man does same thing and expects a different result.

We have to sit down and dispassionately analyse where we want to be and how to get there. I witnessed the corruption and collapse of the 2nd republic (Shagari govt)and I guess you didn't. I was dreaming like you too.

I witnessed a once excellent education system collapse that I travelled abroad to study.

Hmmmmm
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by juman(m): 9:16pm On Jul 23, 2013
Odunharry: Arise O compatriot..
Nigerian call Obey
to serve our Father's land
with love and strenght and faith.
The labour of our Heroes past shall neva be in vain,
to serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom,peace and unity...

Nigeria will be great and d labour of past and present heroes who fought and are fighting for the betterment of this country will neva be in vain,AMEN.

grin grin

The labour of heroes past is already in vain.

nigeria is a country of over 170 million people with less than 4,000MW of electricity. That means nigeria is a country in darkness.
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by omenka(m): 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
Salmoneus: Even if Nigeria was a success things like this would happen, disaster is imminent for ALL countries!! Developed or developing.

Do you know the meaning of the word "imminent" at all??
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by obowunmi(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
nenergy: Hmmm, NIGERIA MUST SUCCEED O! I used to believe that my personal success wasn't dependent on the success of Nigeria. But the tanker explosion at Ajah (Lagos) this morning, woke me up from my delusion. The scene was like something from the movie 2012. People running helter-skelter, traders abandoning their wares and a massive bellow of fire raising to the sky. For 15 minutes my life was disrupted. I forgot about work, my book project and even the plans i have for my July salary. When calm return and my life began to piece itself together, i thought to myself; "If i'm to have peace, Nigeria must have peace. If i'm to succeed, Nigeria must succeed." I pray, may the peace of God reign in Nigeria. May those who have sworn to trouble Nigeria be troubled till they abandon their devilish campaign. May God guide our leaders right and help them lead us to the promise land. Amen! Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Don't say this to the parents whose children were burnt alive in YOBE.
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by adconline(m): 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
Liking your piece until I saw "may God". It's Naija passivity of trying to sweep problems under carpet. God CAN NEVER help Naija unless Nigerians are ready to work. No history of any country that has been saved by God without the citizens working and demanding for it.

1 Like

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by YoshiMaster: 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
All of you guys saying that prayer alone won't solve anything, that we need works too.

What do you guys suggest we do?

Where do we start from?

Can there be a way to gather ourselves and peacefully occupy the streets and demand for accountability?
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
Let's stop deceiving ourselves and key into reality. For peace, prepare for war. It's only a f00l that goes to sleep when his roof is on fire, hoping that the wind or rain would put it out. When Jesus Christ saw people exchanging money in the temple, he didn't preach to them to stop it. He forced them to. When Martin Luther, after criticizing unholy practices in the Catholic Church, was accused of heresy by the Church, he rather said the Church should point out from the Bible where he sinned, and punish him accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by adtiezy1(m): 9:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
code_0: THE ILLUMATI LET OBAMA MICROCHIP TAKE
ON NIGERIA. THE 77 VIRGINS SINGS WITH
JOY. OH OBAMA, OH NIGERIA. HUHAHAHI.
what is this one saying?
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
Obinoscopy: Nice one OP! I hope all Nigerians should see this thread. Nigeria is our country, let us restore her glory.

Amen. smiley
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2013

you and me both cool

but i like the op's optimism smiley
when we have more people like him the the world
my faith in humanity will be restored.
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by nenergy(m): 9:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
gothrones: So aside from praying, what concrete plans do you have?
Well, i'll continue to be law-abiding and use 'this' wisely come 2015.

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by kabba7(m): 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
I am yet to loose faith in Nigeria because I am a Nigerian not a Biafran
I know when GEJ finish his killing expedition God is very ready to give this. 'Our country' Nigeria a leader not a looter that we stupidly selected as president. So for information of all am a Nigeria ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ will contibue to be one those has lost faith can go to cameroon through Bakasi. safe journey!!!
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Salmoneus(m): 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
omenka:

Do you know the meaning of the word "imminent" at all??

Yup, do you?
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by rabzy01: 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
Nigeria all the way.Peace.
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by ibkgab001: 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2013
Organised Religion =organised Crime
Faith in Humanity = Killing of the fellow brothers
Faith in Unity = scarter in Country

Nigeria we aid thee
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by code0: 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ola Johnson: Let's stop deceiving ourselves and key into reality. For peace, prepare for war. It's only a f00l that goes to sleep when his roof is on fire, hoping that the wind or rain would put it out. When Jesus Christ saw people exchanging money in the temple, he didn't preach to them to stop it. He forced them to. When Martin Luther, after criticizing unholy practices in the Catholic Church, was accused of heresy by the Church, he rather said the Church should point out from the Bible where he sinned, and punish him accordingly. We, including myself, were deceived in 2011 that the name, "GOODLUCK" would translate to goodluck for Nigeria. Tunde Bakare said it would not necessarily, but we didn't listen.
Anybody wey get ear make im hear.

I WANT TO SLEEP. THE ILLUMATI HAVE DONE IT.
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by omenka(m): 9:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
Salmoneus:

Yup, do you?

Too tired to argue.

My advice, stick to words you are familier with and stop tryna impress folks up in here with seemingly uncommon diction.

Trust me, nairalanders don't give two hoots about "big grammer".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbanjo And Okowa Visit Focados Oil Terminal / Dave Umahi Endorses Buhari For Second Term In 2019 / Orji Uzor Kalu Appears In Court For The Continuation Of His Trial(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.