Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Shall We Continue In Sin? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shall We Continue In Sin? (4956 Views)

How Long Shall We Continue To Wait Until He Pay My Bride Price? / Should We Continue To Pay Tithe In Church / Shall We Continue In Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by debosky(m): 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Ohh!. lol

I actually came across one of them grace threads again this morning and I am beginning to see the poison in the unbalanced message of grace.

Why so much emphasis on this grace thing beyond the purpose why Christ himself came? They preach one part - salvation and forget the secon part - godliness.

Maybe it's because majority of their audiences are still young Christians - young Christians need the message of grace first and foremost, before they can begin to imbibe 'meat' as they grow older. Like the child analogy, if you start getting angry at a 1 year old wetting nappies, the child will not even comprehend what you're saying.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
debosky:

Maybe it's because majority of their audiences are still young Christians - young Christians need the message of grace first and foremost, before they can begin to imbibe 'meat' as they grow older. Like the child analogy, if you start getting angry at a 1 year old wetting nappies, the child will not even comprehend what you're saying.

But Debosky...this is serious biz. Do u go into a biz without counting the cost?

It is our responsibility to preach God's word undiluted. We are to present a balanced gospel at all times, so that those that we are preaching to will not believe a lie. Christianity is not for gbogbo ero. Christ said "carry your cross and follow me".

We need to be cleared from the beginning that the journey is a rough and tough one. No deceiving people that grace has done it all.

Let's take a cue from the Apostles, they don't go about saying "it's alright, just come as you are, believe in God and Jesus will save you". They talk about denying self-which is the offence of the cross.

Hebrews 6
King James Version (KJV)

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment."

That is the foundation - repentance from dead works and faith towards God. From there we can now move on to other matured things.

re·pent·ance
riˈpentns/Submit
noun
the action of repenting; sincere regret or remorse.
"each person who turns to God in genuine repentance and faith will be saved"
synonyms: remorse, contrition, contriteness, penitence, regret, ruefulness, remorsefulness, shame, guilt More

re·pent [ri-pent]
verb (used without object)
to feel sorry, self-reproachful, or contrite for past conduct; regret or be conscience-stricken about a past action, attitude, etc. (often followed by of ): He repented after his thoughtless act.
to feel such sorrow for sin or fault as to be disposed to change one's life for the better; be penitent.
verb (used with object)
to remember or regard with self-reproach or contrition: to repent one's injustice to another.
to feel sorry for; regret: to repent an imprudent act.

1 Like

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by debosky(m): 11:38am On Oct 01, 2013
Tgirl4real:
But Debosky...this is serious biz. Do u go into a biz without counting the cost?

It is our responsibility to preach God's word undiluted. We are to present a balanced gospel at all times, so that those that we are preaching to will not believe a lie.

I am not saying that at all - what I am saying is clear. There is a time when you need greater emphasis grace to persist in the Christian journey. The young Christian will fall into sin often and the message of grace is there to ensure that person does not give up in frustration, but grows beyond that stage - again the analogy of a child. You encourage the child to control his bladder while providing the nappy, till such a stage that the child develops the ability to control his/her bladder.

The message is to forsake your sins and follow me - no doubt, and you don't 'encourage' a 10 year old to wear nappies - that is for babies. We should grow beyond the stumbling and falling phase to adulthood where we can walk in righteousness.

Christianity is not for gbogbo ero. Christ said "carry your cross and follow me".

Even those disciples - did they know what Jesus meant when he first said it? Was it not after they had spent time with him did he now begin to teach them more? I know what you mean, but there is a place for gradual introduction into the faith.

Go and read Peter's message at Pentecost -it wasn't come after you've counted the cost. It was simply repent and be baptised and accept Christ.

We need to be cleared from the beginning that the journey is a rough and tough one. No deceiving people that grace has done it all.

No - that is not the way. There is process of growth and maturity, which starts with a willing heart to accept the saving power of Jesus.

Let's take a cue from the Apostles, they don't go about saying "it's alright, just come as you are, believe in God and Jesus will save you". They talk about denying self-which is the offence of the cross.

The apostles teach repent and receive forgiveness, then you will learn by God's power to live above sin. Before you learn/while you are learning, grace is vital.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: but his sins whether repentant or unrepentant has no effect on his eternal salvation. Did i understand you correctly?
thank God you guy have agreed that you are saying the same thing in different ways, can shdemi please answer the question above?
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2013
@ Debosky,

I really don't see d purpose of this back n forth if you take my post within the context I posted it. I already explained the angle I was addressing.

Even @ that, when u preach, you don't tell them one part and leave d other part. The salvation we preach talks about allegiance to Christ. Your life no longer belong to you cos you have been bought with a price - that is grace.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: thank God you guy have agreed that you are saying the same thing in different ways, can shdemi please answer the question above?

I haven't seen Shdemidemi around in a while.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by debosky(m): 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
No worries madame. . . forgive me I have become more argumentative of late. sad

Happy Independence Day. smiley
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2013
Wish you same sir. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-blind People Association Of Nigeria: Thank God For Healing Us / True Story For Those Who Doubt Existence Of Money Ritual!! / Urgent Need Of Christian Bookshops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.