Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Shall We Continue In Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shall We Continue In Sin? (4946 Views)

How Long Shall We Continue To Wait Until He Pay My Bride Price? / Should We Continue To Pay Tithe In Church / Shall We Continue In Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shall We Continue In Sin? by shdemidemi(m): 11:14am On Jul 24, 2013
Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? This was a question that was asked in ages past and remains relevant today as a good number of Christians still remain unsure about how we can be saved by the Grace of God alone without any additional effort or works.

In responding to this question, Apostle Paul responded saying “God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein”? The next question on our minds will be how we can be dead sin since we still live in the flesh. In providing further clarification to the confused minds of his listeners, the Apostle shed more light to his answers by applying a few examples which will be discussed below.

THE SIN NATURE
The sin nature can be said to be our inbuilt default setting. All Human beings inherited this nature as result of their relationship with Adam and Eve. At creation, Adam and Eve possessed the image and the likeness of God but after they sinned against God and got thrown out of the Garden of Eden, Mankind fell and lost his intimate relationship with God, we lost the likeness and Character of God although we retained the image of God. At this stage, the nature of Adam became corrupted and Adam passed on this corrupted nature to his descendants. The fall of man gave birth to the sin nature which we inherited from our forefather- Adam. Through Adam, sin came into the world therefore we all died in Him. The sin nature became the consequence of the fall of man; therefore all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. The judgement placed upon the fallen man was eternal condemnation, however, God created an escape route of redemption and salvation through Jesus Christ alone.

It is important to note at this stage that as human beings, we did not do anything to acquire this corrupted nature- the sin nature, but we are all born with it by virtue of our relationship with Adam. It is also important to highlight that the sin nature is not the same as the practice of wrong doing. The listeners who asked the question did not realise that Paul was talking about the fallen/corruptible nature (Sin Nature), therefore they wondered if he was expecting them to continue practicing wrong doing so that the grace of God may then be multiplied.

Death to Sin: one may wonder how we could be dead to sin after being told that we were all born with the sin nature. How could a person who is said to automatically possess the sin nature become dead o sin?

After the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, redemption was brought to mankind and we became reconciled to God. To all who believe in Christ, God gave Salvation and eternal life. As a result of our believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, sin lost its hold on us and instead of eternal condemnation, we become beneficiaries of the Grace of God and he grants us eternal life. (John 3:16). Therefore sin has no dominion over us. Although we possess the Sin Nature, we are not ruled by it.

The Christian/Believer is to reckon himself to be united in Christ, i.e., everything that happen to Christ also happened to him. He should see or think of himself to have died, been buried and resurrected with Christ. After the resurrection of Christ, death lost its sting over Him, therefore death also lost its sting over the Christian/believer.

And you’re not going to necessarily feel any of those things, but they have happened to you if you were genuine in your belief. But how do I know that these things have happened to me? The Book says so. And that’s where faith comes in. That’s what The Book means when it says we are saved by faith and are to live and walk by faith. Taking God at His Word.

The death of Christ was unto sin but the life He lives is unto God, therefore Sin has no reign over Him. Similarly, the Christian also died unto sin thus we now have eternal life to the glory of God. Christ died once and for all, never to die again- likewise, the Christian is dead to sin.

A few illustration and analogy was used by the Apostle to present his case to his listeners such as-

Illustration of the plant: As Christians, believing in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, we are said to be baptised into his death. Our baptism connotes a complete immersion or covering, therefore we are to reckon/ consider ourselves as having died with Christ, been buried and resurrected with Him. After resurrecting with Him, we resurrected as better creatures compared to what was buried, such that we now live and behave in the newness life.

This process can be likened to the growth of plants. A seed has no use by itself but when buried in the soil, it grows into a new plant bringing forth more fruits, leaves and flowers; it does not germinate as the same seed that was buried in the soil. So also, when a sinner comes to the knowledge of Christ (believing as accepting Christ and Saviour), such a person becomes baptised into Christ. The corrupt body is said to have been nailed to the cross, the person is likened to have been buried or planted in the soil with Christ and will resurrect with Him as a new creature, hence the body which was originally an instrument of sin would become inactive and the dominating power of sin becomes ineffective- for if any man be in Christ, He is a new creature.

Illustration of the slave/master: a slave is bound in servitude as the property of his master; he is legally owned by the master and has absolutely no freedom of action or right to property. In effect, a slave becomes the property of his master and must carry out only the wishes and commandment of his master. This connotes a sense of bondage.

Before a person becomes a believer of Christ, such a person is a slave of the Sin Nature and is only influenced by this nature and has no other choice but to obey the commands of his master. When a person accepts Christ as Lord and Saviour, he has a new master and can no longer serve the old master. After this conversation, again, sin lose its power over such a person as the person is now owned by another master.

One may wonder how slaves could change masters since they have no have no control over their rights, actions or influences: when Christ died, he a paid a price on our behalf and he bought us from the slave market of sin. He freed us from the bondage of Sin so that we may now serve Him alone.

Having died to sin, conceived to have been planted in Christ and now serving Him as our new master, Sin has no power over us and we are not obliged to obey its lusts or cravings. The fact that we now live a new life in Christ does not mean Sin will not struggle to reign over us, as fact, the struggle is more intense at this stage. Although we are now Christians and the old man has been crucified with Christ, our mortal bodies have not been destroyed- we still live in our mortal bodies where the cravings and demands of the sinful nature is very much dead but not annihilated. Therefore we are exhorted not to yield our bodily members to the obedience of these sinful demands. Instead we must yield bodily members as instruments of righteousness reflecting our new/current position of being dead to sin and alive to God.

How do we then yield our bodily members to do the will of God?

We come into the Christian life as a babe in Christ, just an infant that needs tender loving care. An infant that needs nourishment, and protection. That’s what a new believer is. But God doesn’t expect a new believer to stay a babe in Christ. He expects them to begin to grow in Grace, and knowledge and wisdom. To grow in a new lifestyle will not come by our power, it comes through knowing more of God through studying and the renewing of our mind/heart. Proverbs 4:23
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by Goshen360(m): 11:23am On Jul 24, 2013
Why you come dey start similar thread wey I dey plan to start soon naw? grin Anyway, I never read through. I will read and just follow up. About to go receive my daily bread.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by shdemidemi(m): 11:50am On Jul 24, 2013
Sorry mehn, I no plan the matter but there is this feeling that even people who know about this gospel of grace are not really sure, steady, confident about it.

I wait for your contribution, of course after you finish work. God bless
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by Candour(m): 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
Bro shdemidemi, this write up explains your position better than all I've read from you in time past.This explains the GRACE IS NOT LICENSE to sin mantraa.

A Christian is not a friend of sin and CAN NEVER be.

God bless you richly.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by JesusisLord85: 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
Candour: Bro shdemidemi, this write up explains your position better than all I've read from you in time past.This explains the GRACE IS NOT LICENSE to sin mantraa.

A Christian is not a friend of sin and CAN NEVER be.

God bless you richly.

That's because it is an article he copied. Not that it takes away anything from it smiley
Anyway I shall respond later. Bro shdemidemi I will respond on Revelation later, I was out yesterday.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by shdemidemi(m): 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
JesusisLord85:

That's because it is an article he copied. Not that it takes away anything from it smiley
Anyway I shall respond later. Bro shdemidemi I will respond on Revelation later, I was out yesterday.

Hmm copied from where bro? You don't need to make rude statements like that just because you don't agree with what I said.

Let's maintain decorum when addressing each other. Thanks
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by Candour(m): 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
JesusisLord85:

haba bro grin If he copied it,i'm sure he'll let us know though like you said it takes nothing away from its beauty.

however i really love the write up and more grace to you shdemidemi
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by okeyxyz(m): 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
@OP, There are faults I find in your passage, the same faults that abound in virtualy all "christian" texts and teachings and upon which the true meanings and benefits of Grace is lost to the christian. These faults are found in how the OP defines flesh and Sin.

First of all is the meaning of the word FLESH: Most cristians(as te OP) read Paul's references to flesh and they (mis)interpret it a the physical, biological flesh. Though it's use by paul is related to the physical/biological nature but it's not the primary denotation that he means for this word. Paul uses "flesh" to refer to the human mindsets and traditions that has led man to misinterpret the Law(for the law is spiritual, but I am carnal...Romans 7:14) in a literal sense and generating in us the the results/fruits of this misunderstandings in the forms of Lusts, bitterness, wickedness, diseases and ultimately death. So since the law(though spiritual) was handed to carnal(literal) minded people, the Law then becomes an instrument of the flesh and is automatically do the works of the flesh. So Paul's references to flesh are actually reference to the Law. Thus when he says: know we no man after the flesh...(2 Corinthians 5:16), He means we no longer define/judge people's actions from the point of view of the Law(flesh), even though we used to know christ in this manner(remember he came to fulfill the law), We therefore cease to define/judge him in this way. So this is the problem with christianity; They still look to that christ who observed the laws of Moses, therefore they continue define sin according to the Laws of Moses.

So to address the Topic: Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?? Paul says: No!! you CANNOT continue in sin because you are dead to sin, just like christ is dead to sin(The Law) and the debts of sin cannot be collect from him anymore. Sin(the Law) has no reach over you anymore. How are we dead to sin then? Because our definitions of right and wrong is no longer according to the Law, therefore the Law(of SIN and death) cannot be used to judge You. YOu are under a new Law which is the Law of Liberty in Christ. If any man is in christ, he cannot have a mindset of the Law. What does this mean?? If you still continue to define right and wrong according to the Law, then you are not in christ and your conscience condemns you when you do those things that the Law(not christ) forbids you from. This is the principal fault of "christianity" today; They still continue to define right and wrong the way it was before the death, burial and ressurection of Jesus Christ, Not knowing that these definitions have changed with the ressurection of Christ. They are still observing the Law(Jesus before his death) instead of following the risen christ.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by okeyxyz(m): 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
CONTINUED...

So what am I saying?(I believe this thread is a branch from another earlier one):

It is the Law(not christ) that mandates a man to be married before he can have s.ex. In christ, you are no longer bound to the law and therefore you are set free to have s.ex without feeling that you have sinned.

Why would Paul say: it is good(Godly) not to marry if marriage indeed is a requirement of God? No!! marriage is a requirement of the law, though permitted in christ(for those who cannot control their desire/passion to own the woman). Why would paul say: If a man marries, he has not sinned, if not that ideally the gospel would prefer that you are not married?? The gospel does not forbid anybody from having se.x. Sex is a natural, god-ordained use for the body. Any doctrine doctrine that forbids it is not christian, but of the law and it's pagan derivatives.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by shdemidemi(m): 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
^^^^ bro, I really don't know where you get your interpretations but they don't align with what the scripture is saying.

Flesh in the original manuscript is 'sarx'

Which means the unregenerate state of man or the seat of sin in a man.

From the above definition your use of flesh seem wrong.

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Paul used members in the place of flesh in this particular verse, from your own definition of flesh that verse won't make any sense if flesh means law of Moses.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by Candour(m): 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2013
okeyxyz: @OP, There are faults I find in your passage, the same faults that abound in virtualy all "christian" texts and teachings and upon which the true meanings and benefits of Grace is lost to the christian. These faults are found in how the OP defines flesh and Sin.

First of all is the meaning of the word FLESH: Most cristians(as te OP) read Paul's references to flesh and they (mis)interpret it a the physical, biological flesh. Though it's use by paul is related to the physical/biological nature but it's not the primary denotation that he means for this word. Paul uses "flesh" to refer to the human mindsets and traditions that has led man to misinterpret the Law(for the law is spiritual, but I am carnal...Romans 7:14) in a literal sense and generating in us the the results/fruits of this misunderstandings in the forms of Lusts, bitterness, wickedness, diseases and ultimately death. So since the law(though spiritual) was handed to carnal(literal) minded people, the Law then becomes an instrument of the flesh and is automatically do the works of the flesh. So Paul's references to flesh are actually reference to the Law. Thus when he says: know we no man after the flesh...(2 Corinthians 5:16), He means we no longer define/judge people's actions from the point of view of the Law(flesh), even though we used to know christ in this manner(remember he came to fulfill the law), We therefore cease to define/judge him in this way. So this is the problem with christianity; They still look to that christ who observed the laws of Moses, therefore they continue define sin according to the Laws of Moses.

So to address the Topic: Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?? Paul says: No!! you CANNOT continue in sin because you are dead to sin, just like christ is dead to sin(The Law) and the debts of sin cannot be collect from him anymore. Sin(the Law) has no reach over you anymore. How are we dead to sin then? Because our definitions of right and wrong is no longer according to the Law, therefore the Law(of SIN and death) cannot be used to judge You. YOu are under a new Law which is the Law of Liberty in Christ. If any man is in christ, he cannot have a mindset of the Law. What does this mean?? If you still continue to define right and wrong according to the Law, then you are not in christ and your conscience condemns you when you do those things that the Law(not christ) forbids you from. This is the principal fault of "christianity" today; They still continue to define right and wrong the way it was before the death, burial and ressurection of Jesus Christ, Not knowing that these definitions have changed with the ressurection of Christ. They are still observing the Law(Jesus before his death) instead of following the risen christ.

WRONG!!

You are dead to sin means sin can no longer influence you.means sin has lost his control over you and can no longer make you exhibit its attributes in your body.The Adamic nature that was making you prone to doing things that grieve God has been crucified and you're now led by the Holy Spirit.

The Sin nature(Adamic nature) will still want to overpower you as long as you're in this body of flesh but blessed be God makes us triumph in Christ Jesus.

my brother, sin is still what God calls it.We have however been empowered by the spirit to live above it.

1 Like

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by okeyxyz(m): 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^^ bro, I really don't know where you get your interpretations but they don't align with what the scripture is saying.

Flesh in the original manuscript is 'sarx'

Which means the unregenerate state of man or the seat of sin in a man.

From the above definition your use of flesh seem wrong.

In other words(according to the bolded), Flesh is a mindset, rather than the biological denotation of flesh. If it was biological, it would be very literal and easy to define from the manuscript. But it is not literal, that's why the definition above is rather abstract. Paul continually talks about renewal(regeneration) of the mind, And when He says: "We no longer walk according to the flesh..." He means according to the old mindset.

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Paul used members in the place of flesh in this particular verse, from your own definition of flesh that verse won't make any sense if flesh means law of Moses.

No Paul does not use "members" in place of "flesh". "Member" refers to the physical body while "flesh" is a mindset.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by okeyxyz(m): 2:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
Candour:

WRONG!!

You are dead to sin means sin can no longer influence you.means sin has lost his control over you and can no longer make you exhibit its attributes in your body.The Adamic nature that was making you prone to doing things that grieve God has been crucified and you're now led by the Holy Spirit.

The Sin nature(Adamic nature) will still want to overpower you as long as you're in this body of flesh but blessed be God makes us triumph in Christ Jesus.

my brother, sin is still what God calls it.We have however been empowered by the spirit to live above it.

Bros!! as long as you continue to follow the definitions of the Law of sin and death, then SIN will continue to influence you. The definitions according to the Law is not the same definitions according to God.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by shdemidemi(m): 2:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
okeyxyz:

In other words(according to the bolded), Flesh is a mindset, rather than the biological denotation of flesh. If it was biological, it would be very literal and easy to define from the manuscript. But it is not literal, that's why the definition above is rather abstract. Paul continually talks about renewal(regeneration) of the mind, And when He says: "We no longer walk according to the flesh..." He means according to the old mindset.

No Paul does not use "members" in place of "flesh". "Member" refers to the physical body while "flesh" is a mindset.

Bro, our flesh is what we inherit through Adam. What you call the mindset is what I call the sin nature which we inherited with the flesh. Our biological flesh is controlled by the sin nature through the body members which are controlled and connected to our five senses. This is similar to when you buy a car, some gadgets in the car are factory fitted. In a similar sense, we (that is, our body, our flesh) came with factory fitted sin nature.

Paul can then say

O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?

If the flesh were to be a mindset like you claimed, we can then say we can renew our flesh. Wrong

Paul knew he would definitely remain in the flesh until his body dies (physically), he will then conclude by saying

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by DrummaBoy(m): 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
@Okeyz
Who are your teachers? Just would like to know the source of your teaching.

@Ayoku777
I see peeping. U've got something to say
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by Candour(m): 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2013
okeyxyz:

Bros!! as long as you continue to follow the definitions of the Law of sin and death, then SIN will continue to influence you. The definitions according to the Law is not the same definitions according to God.

Can you please explain the definitions according to God?
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by Goshen360(m): 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2013
@ shdemidemi,

After reading this article, I hereby confirm the grace of God on your life as an Apostle of 'Grace through faith'. You are a gift to this forum and those who appreciate the gift of God in your life should thank God for you and as questions when you are misunderstood or not clear.

Before God and man, like I said, I was going to start a similar topic I was going to tithe 'sin shall not have dominion over you'. But as it is, the Spirit is one. I will subtitle my teaching under this thread and will amplify your teachings.

This is the end time, beginning with pentecost and the Spirit is poured out already. The word of God is fast destroying the religious spirits.

However, lemme start by laying a foundation into what I'm going to teach and introduce the Apostolic doctrine in Romans any ANYBODY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD CAN ANSWER THE QUESTION.

When Adam sinned and death by sin, what part of Adam sinned and what part of Adam died? Body, soul or spirit?

ANYBODY CAN ANSWER PLEASE AND WE FELLOWSHIP TOGETHER.

1 Like

Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
Goshen360: Why you come dey start similar thread wey I dey plan to start soon naw? grin Anyway, I never read through. I will read and just follow up. About to go receive my daily bread.

lol.

I will read later too. Right now, I am caught up with in the end times. grin

And make that daily bread plenty o . . . wink
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by JesusisLord85: 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
Tgirl4real:

lol.

I will read later too. Right now, I am caught up with in the end times. grin

And make that daily bread plenty o . . . wink

Endtimes:

Battle in Heaven --> Satan cast down on the earth --> He knows his time is short (7yrs) --> goes to make war with the saints
"And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."
Who said keeping commandments and faith in Christ are mutually exclusive?

Continuing:
Revealing of antichrist --> End of 7 year period / Moon turns red and gives no light -->Saints raptured ("look up, for your salvation is near"wink --> God's wrath upon inhabitants of the earth -->Millenial Kingdom

There you have it
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by okeyxyz(m): 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
shdemidemi:
Bro, our flesh is what we inherit through Adam. What you call the mindset is what I call the sin nature which we inherited with the flesh. Our biological flesh is controlled by the sin nature through the body members which are controlled and connected to our five senses. This is similar to when you buy a car, some gadgets in the car are factory fitted. In a similar sense, we (that is, our body, our flesh) came with factory fitted sin nature.

Paul can then say

O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?

If the flesh were to be a mindset like you claimed, we can then say we can renew our flesh. Wrong

The "Flesh" is a mindset of the Law, while the "Spirit" is the mindset of God. So you renew(set) your mind either to the spirit(of God) or to the flesh(Law). God judges everything by mindset(spiritually) and it is the mindset which ultimately influences the physical, biological nature. That is why faith(again a mindset) is able to defy physical laws. What we inherit from Adam is a mindset(knowledge) of good and evil. When John 4:24 says: "God is spirit...", it means God is a mindset. It is the mind that rules your life and bears fruits unto salvation or unto failure. This is Paul's message when he says:

To the pure(mindset), all things are pure; but to those who are defiled(mindset) and unbelieving(mindset), nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled(Titus 1:15).

So, bottom line, God has given us a mindset that is free from the Law, We don't follow the definitions(of right and wrong) according to the Law anymore and thus when we do the things that are forbidden by the law, it CANNOT be imputed to us as sin because we are not judaizers who still have the law written in their consciences.

So again: Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?? Answer: No!! God forbid. I CANNOT sin anymore because I have no conscience of the Law. I am dead to the Law. With god, everything is mindset(spiritual)

Paul knew he would definitely remain in the flesh until his body dies (physically), he will then conclude by saying

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

You don't understand this passage. Paul thanks God for providing an alternative for christians to live by. So he says: with the (christian) mind I can now serve God, but If i follow the definitions of the flesh(The Law) then I serve sin and death. He does not mean that He walks by both principles, this is a misunderstanding of how people read scriptures.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Endtimes:

Battle in Heaven --> Satan cast down on the earth --> He knows his time is short (7yrs) --> goes to make war with the saints
"And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."
Who said keeping commandments and faith in Christ are mutually exclusive?

Continuing:
Revealing of antichrist --> End of 7 year period / Moon turns red and gives no light -->Saints raptured ("look up, for your salvation is near"wink --> God's wrath upon inhabitants of the earth -->Millenial Kingdom

There you have it

Ermmm... you made it sound so simple. So as not to derail this thread, I will open the said thread and you can explain better there.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by shdemidemi(m): 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ok, let me put it this way- do you believe every Christian live with two natures, namely the sin nature and the righteous nature?
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by okeyxyz(m): 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
shdemidemi: Ok, let me put it this way- do you believe every Christian live with two natures, namely the sin nature and the righteous nature?

For christians who still have a conscience of the Law, yes!! they still have a sinful nature. But I don't. cool
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Ermmm... you made it sound so simple. So as not to derail this thread, I will open the said thread and you can explain better there.

https://www.nairaland.com/1371041/christians-around-during-great-tribulation#16999062

I hope the title makes sense. lipsrsealed

Shdemidemi, over to you and other gifted teachers of the "new testament". lol
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by shdemidemi(m): 4:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
okeyxyz:

For christians who still have a conscience of the Law, yes!! they still have a sinful nature. But I don't. cool

Yes! I see where you are missing it.

Having a sin nature has nothing to do with the law of Moses. It was imputed in us through the sin of one man-

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned

You are not a sinner because of what you do, you are a sinner because of where you came from, you entered this world as a sinner. The law of Moses did not come to make you better as well, it came to nail you to the cross. It came to condemn you, it came to prove to you that you are truly a sinner.

If you then turn around to say you are not a sinner, you call God a liar-

22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all[h] who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

Therefore, every man upon the face of the earth has the sin nature, only believers of the gospel carry the two natures.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by okeyxyz(m): 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
Candour:

Can you please explain the definitions according to God?

The definition according to God is this: There is no sin/evil in Nature. Everything is good for use and consumption, just the way God made them originally.

God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.(Genesis 1:31)

Therefore: To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted(Titus 1:15)

It was the Law of Moses that started definition some aspects of nature as good and others evil(ie: The tree of the knowledge of good and evil). These were not God's definitions.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by shdemidemi(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
^^^^^^

Who gave the nation of Israel these laws?
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by okeyxyz(m): 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^^^^

Who gave the nation of Israel these laws?

Of course God allowed the Laws to be enforced on man. It was the legal consequences following the fall of man, until the messiah comes to abolish this same law. God is not a God of illegality. That was why jesus conformed to the law completely and whenever he would speak against the law, He spoke them in parables(hidden). The law(the curse) had to be seen to work it's full effect, otherwise there be no need for a saviour to deliver us from it.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by shdemidemi(m): 4:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
okeyxyz:

Of course God allowed the Laws to be enforced on man. It was the legal consequences following the fall of man, until the messiah comes to abolish this same law. God is not a God of illegality. That was why jesus conformed to the law completely and whenever he would speak against the law, He spoke them in parables(hidden). The law(the curse) had to be seen to work it's full effect, otherwise there be no need for a saviour to deliver us from it.

My question was who gave the law bro?
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by okeyxyz(m): 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

Yes! I see where you are missing it.

Having a sin nature has nothing to do with the law of Moses. It was imputed in us through the sin of one man-

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned

You are not a sinner because of what you do, you are a sinner because of where you came from, you entered this world as a sinner. The law of Moses did not come to make you better as well, it came to nail you to the cross. It came to condemn you, it came to prove to you that you are truly a sinner.

If you then turn around to say you are not a sinner, you call God a liar-

22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all[h] who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

Therefore, every man upon the face of the earth has the sin nature, only believers of the gospel carry the two natures.

The sin-nature has everything to do with the law. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was actually the origin of the laws of Moses. Just look at it, it is the same spirit(principle) that flows in both. They both define what is good and what is evil amongst god's creation, after God himself had declared everything to be Good(Genesis 1:31) The presentation of the laws to Moses was just a formality, but Adam(man) has signed the contract since the days of Eden, thus becoming human nature and binding on all men, whether legally(as in the case of Israel) or in conscience.
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by okeyxyz(m): 5:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

My question was who gave the law bro?

God did not give the Laws. He enforced them, but they did not originate(designed by) from him.

He stated explicitly: but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die."(Genesis 2:17)
Re: Shall We Continue In Sin? by Candour(m): 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
okeyxyz:

The definition according to God is this: There is no sin/evil in Nature. Everything is good for use and consumption, just the way God made them originally.

God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.(Genesis 1:31)
Therefore: To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted(Titus 1:15)

It was the Law of Moses that started definition some aspects of nature as good and others evil(ie: The tree of the knowledge of good and evil). These were not God's definitions.

So why did Joseph refuse to sleep with potihar's wife if nothing was sin then? How come God slew 2 sons of Judah if nothing could be called wicked or sin before moses?

The law spells out our sin for us but long before the law we had conscience to tell us.read ROM 1:18-32 for the condition of natural man before the law even came.

The grace of God came to empower me to live above sin which I couldn't do on my own because the flesh is powerless against the Adamic nature I inherited from Adam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rejoice!!! We Are Not Alone In The Universe!!! / Indian Atheist Challenges Spiritualist To Kill Him (Videos) / The Significances Of Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.