Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,338 members, 7,954,388 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:57 PM

Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha - Politics (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha (46062 Views)

Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature / Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature / Homeless In America, Whose Fault Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by plaindealer: 1:29am On Jul 27, 2013
alj harem: grin grin grin grin so are likes of eko ile and co. You cannot try to paint a picture here whereas it is a lie. You make it seem like Yorubas hate Igbos and that is false which you know.

Coming from a faceless character with no sense of identity and belonging like you?

Have I ever discussed any Ibo and yoruba rubbish and hate with you ? Quit spewing your own brand of deceptive hate and like I said, speak for yourself. At least the people you are talking about have balls and are bold enough to speak their mind without hiding under under deceptive and ambiguous cloud like you do all the time.

Again, speak for yourself...
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by oilsuop: 1:34am On Jul 27, 2013
ALTRUTH:

But I like u so mch so how do we do it?
dont mind her i have sisters that always abuse ibo people but we find out that her secret boyfriend is ibo,the other one born pikin for ibo outside wedlock

ask her if she never rotate 360 Degress ontop of ibo man congo tell her to swear that shango will strike her if she lie

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by lastpage: 11:42am On Jul 27, 2013
ALTRUTH:
Well, you tried with your write up [b]if I must be truthful. I know that we made some serious mistakes during the war especially not planning well before declaring Biafra and invading the west but I wonder why you guys allowed the northerners to take over military apparatus in the west.
We are proud of our resilience and heart of steel.

At the bolded:
Its a very long story, on of "CALCULATED DECEIT AND DECEPTION BY THE BRITISH".
But let me just give a very, very short summary.

1.) The Southerners (Igbos and Yorubas, to represent the major tribes) are not very aggressive or war-mongering people.
2.) The Southerners are Christians and their religion, which preaches forgiveness, has a mellowing effect on their behaviour.
3.) The Northerners on the other hand are the exact opposite!, have less value for human life and their brand of islam encourages violence ..... and "peer domination".
4.) Their Religion and intent to dominate one another translates into their intolerance for education, freedom and enlightenment in general.
5.) The British colonial masters saw these and took advantage of it.
6.) While the Southerners were accepting-of western education, thirsty for knowledge and demanding of 'total freedom' from colonial rule, the North on the other hand just wanted to continue their traditional Islamic culture of feudalism (Rankahdede).!shocked shocked
7.) When the South was fighting the British for independence from colonialism, the Northern elites told the British they dont want nor need independence.
Strange as this may appear, the Northern elites were enjoying a lot of privileges under the British rule and since their rank-and-file does not believe in challenging the status-quo (ruling class), the Feudal Lords and elites in the North wanted it to remain like that forever.
This is one of the reasons they have the highest rate of illiteracy in Nigeria.
8.) The British, knowing that it is just a matter of time before they have to relinquish rulership of Nigeria, sat down to evaluate the situation and "hatched a master-plan".
9.) They went into an accord with the North, to continue ruling Nigeria INDIRECTLY, even after Independence. Since the north does not want Independence ab-initio, it was easy to "persuade" them to join the Army in droves so that they can use military power to dominate Nigeria and at the same time, serve the interest of the British.
10.) Nigeria, after Independence, was NOT SUPPOSED to be ruled by the military at al, at all. As a matter of fact, the "educated and intelligent people who are 'supposed' to rule and lead Nigeria, WILL NEVER ENROL in the Military!
The Niegrian military was supposed to only "fight wars" to protect the nations border... and you dont need much education, if any at all in those days, TO WIELD A GUN AND SHOOT A BULLET!
undecided

11.) Thus, Southerners who embraced EDUCATION both local and foreign, where Commissioners and Ministers while the Northerners who hardly go to school at all, were encouraged by the British on one hand, (and the unwillingness on the part of Southerners on the other hand), to flood the Nigerian Military.
The end result is that the Nigerian military was lopsided (in terms of personnel and hardware), in favor of the North

12.) The British also ensure before they gave us Independence, that ALL THE IMPORTANT MILITARY FORMATIONS and ARMS DEPOT, were located in the North. Thus both in manpower and military resources, the british ensured that the North will dominate Nigeria.
The Southerners meanwhile, naively thought that 'It will always be Democratic Government" that will hold sway in rulership ....well, until the first Military Coup! It is those "illiterate Mallams" that were "thrown" into the military, (for want of anything better than farming that they could do)... who later rose to the top echelon of our non-professional military, planned Coup and seized power (from Gowon, Buhari, IBB, Abdusallam, Abacha, e.t.c).

13.) It is this military lopsidedness that Awolowo took into account (which Ojukwu did not take into account), when he decided finally that it is not in our best interest to fight a war we are not prepared and empowered to win! Just look at what happened to Saddam Hussein, Muamar Ghadafi (just two examples) of Leaders who took their country's military and people into a war they are not prepared and capable of winning ...and you would understand the scenario.
So, you see, we did not allow them, fate and British selfishness cum wickedness created that situation for all of us.
This is how the "Born-to-Rule" mentality was entrenched.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by lastpage: 11:42am On Jul 27, 2013
ALTRUTH:
Well, you tried with your write up [b]if I must be truthful. I know that we made some serious mistakes during the war especially not planning well before declaring Biafra and invading the west but I wonder why you guys allowed the northerners to take over military apparatus in the west.
We are proud of our resilience and heart of steel.

At the bolded:
Its a very long story, on of "CALCULATED DECEIT AND DECEPTION BY THE BRITISH".
But let me just give a very, very short summary.

1.) The Southerners (Igbos and Yorubas, to represent the major tribes) are not very aggressive or war-mongering people.
2.) The Southerners are Christians and their religion, which preaches forgiveness, has a mellowing effect on their behaviour.
3.) The Northerners on the other hand are the exact opposite!, have less value for human life and their brand of islam encourages violence ..... and "peer domination".
4.) Their Religion and intent to dominate one another translates into their intolerance for education, freedom and enlightenment in general.
5.) The British colonial masters saw these and took advantage of it.
6.) While the Southerners were accepting-of western education, thirsty for knowledge and demanding of 'total freedom' from colonial rule, the North on the other hand just wanted to continue their traditional Islamic culture of feudalism (Rankahdede).!shocked shocked
7.) When the South was fighting the British for independence from colonialism, the Northern elites told the British they dont want nor need independence.
Strange as this may appear, the Northern elites were enjoying a lot of privileges under the British rule and since their rank-and-file does not believe in challenging the status-quo (ruling class), the Feudal Lords and elites in the North wanted it to remain like that forever.
This is one of the reasons they have the highest rate of illiteracy in Nigeria.
8.) The British, knowing that it is just a matter of time before they have to relinquish rulership of Nigeria, sat down to evaluate the situation and "hatched a master-plan".
9.) They went into an accord with the North, to continue ruling Nigeria INDIRECTLY, even after Independence. Since the north does not want Independence ab-initio, it was easy to "persuade" them to join the Army in droves so that they can use military power to dominate Nigeria and at the same time, serve the interest of the British.
10.) Nigeria, after Independence, was NOT SUPPOSED to be ruled by the military at al, at all. As a matter of fact, the "educated and intelligent people who are 'supposed' to rule and lead Nigeria, WILL NEVER ENROL in the Military!
The Niegrian military was supposed to only "fight wars" to protect the nations border... and you dont need much education, if any at all in those days, TO WIELD A GUN AND SHOOT A BULLET!
undecided

11.) Thus, Southerners who embraced EDUCATION both local and foreign, where Commissioners and Ministers while the Northerners who hardly go to school at all, were encouraged by the British on one hand, (and the unwillingness on the part of Southerners on the other hand), to flood the Nigerian Military.
The end result is that the Nigerian military was lopsided (in terms of personnel and hardware), in favor of the North

12.) The British also ensure before they gave us Independence, that ALL THE IMPORTANT MILITARY FORMATIONS and ARMS DEPOT, were located in the North. Thus both in manpower and military resources, the british ensured that the North will dominate Nigeria.
The Southerners meanwhile, naively thought that 'It will always be Democratic Government" that will hold sway in rulership ....well, until the first Military Coup! It is those "illiterate Mallams" that were "thrown" into the military, (for want of anything better than farming that they could do)... who later rose to the top echelon of our non-professional military, planned Coup and seized power (from Gowon, Buhari, IBB, Abdusallam, Abacha, e.t.c).

13.) It is this military lopsidedness that Awolowo took into account (which Ojukwu did not take into account), when he decided finally that it is not in our best interest to fight a war we are not prepared and empowered to win! Just look at what happened to Saddam Hussein, Muamar Ghadafi (just two examples) of Leaders who took their country's military and people into a war they are not prepared and capable of winning ...and you would understand the scenario.
So, you see, we did not allow them, fate and British selfishness cum wickedness created that situation for all of us.
This is how the "Born-to-Rule" mentality was entrenched.

Lastpage
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by lastpage: 11:45am On Jul 27, 2013
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 27, 2013
I really wonder whether there is IGBO agenda from the mods on this site. I have been going through the thread and while a lot of posts have been hidden , a lot of Pro-IGBO posts that insult Yourubas have been left untouched- SEUN KILODE??
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
otigba123: Fashiola does nt like other tribes esp., d Igbos. May be becos he is ignorant about d overwhelming population of d Yoruba people in d South-East and other states. 4God's sake Fashiola should address d issue of over population to d Federal govt.,and nt taking laws in his hands. Do we hv one Nigeria when a country deports her own citizen from some parts to other parts by a mere delegated candidate once begging for d votes of the same non indigens. Minus Igbos in any state in Nigeria there wil be a halt in Nigerian economic growth. Qoute me any where,d Igbos are industrous and developers.

Please stop chatting rubbish my friend!! If the iGBOS are so industrious and enterprising, how come this has not translated to the development of the SE? Why have the IGBOS not used these talent and skills to develop NDIGBO Land? The problem is that a lot of you erroneously think that having the confidence to commit crime = enterprise.

The problem is not population but the sort of people that come to the state. A lot of people in some parts of Nigeria see Lagos as heaven and make no preparation when they decide to relocate here. The government owes it a duty to the indigenes to get rid of miscreants and if it means relocating and removing them then so be it.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Afam4eva(m): 9:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
1oracle: After reading many comments here, I now agree with Falana when he said that Nigeria is programmed to fail. First the so called moderator afam4ever or whatever he calls himself have turned the banning process to a Personal vendetta were he settles scores with real and imaginary foes and opponents. After cross checking all the posts based in this topic, an abuse to the igbos are allowed but an abuse to the yorubas is an offense and ban is the punishment for that.
I am ashamed of all those supporting Fashola on this. What we have is one Nigeria but this action have proved that ojukwu was right to declare biafra.
If lagos is to be another country, the action will never generate the type of controversy it is generating.
The igbo people that many are calling all sorts of names on this forum are not the problem. The problem is with those still having that hypothetical courage to call one Nigeria and still turn around to deport people based on one excuse or the other in the same hypocritical one Nigeria.
The igbos wanted to go to were they belong many years ago, but they weren't allowed to do that citing one Nigeria as the reason. They were killed in millions then. Today what do we have, a foreigner in from hypothetical one Nigeria in hypocritical one Nigeria.
We are not one and we can never be. Government and governance is not all about the reach, lagos state government should tell us what rehabilitation is all about.
The earlier we disintegrate the better for us than to continue to live in delusion of one Nigeria.
Pls don't accuse me wrongly. If i banned you wrongly then let me know so that i can correct it. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by niggadee(m): 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
fashola is going too far
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by naptu2: 10:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Hardfact: 11:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
If the beaf going on here is to be taken seriously, then I fear for this false entity called Nigeria.
Chameleon gradually showing another part of him?
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by nigger009(m): 3:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
Lagos state and her pride... Hahaha... Anambra state welcomes all but Lagos state has to answer for this. This is madness and malice!
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by nigger009(m): 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
amAZEing:

It wiill happen over nite abi
It's a process but, lets watch and see. I think Lagos state is feeling contented now without knowing that the histroy they are writing today will definitely hunt them and the whole of south west later.
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by nigger009(m): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
EmekaAkin:

Please stop chatting rubbish my friend!! If the iGBOS are so industrious and enterprising, how come this has not translated to the development of the SE? Why have the IGBOS not used these talent and skills to develop NDIGBO Land? The problem is that a lot of you erroneously think that having the confidence to commit crime = enterprise.

The problem is not population but the sort of people that come to the state. A lot of people in some parts of Nigeria see Lagos as heaven and make no preparation when they decide to relocate here. The government owes it a duty to the indigenes to get rid of miscreants and if it means relocating and removing them then so be it.
Don't you think that Fashola and Lagos state govt. are cowards that cannot face and solve the problem before them but only to come up with this mess. No careful thought was given to this as a leader. So, you so called Yorubas are proud that Fashola and your govt. are deporting Nigerian citizens. If they are sure that these people are criminals, why won't they arrest, try and jail them. Isn't it suppose to be this way? Lagos state is a big city in Nigeria and therefore should have big responsibilities and challenges as well, but dealing with challenges this way, is questionable?
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Myself2(m): 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
gbaky_floor:

Anini and Monday Osubor weren't igbos sorry try again. Before them, there was Dr. Ishola who is allegedly Nigerian father of armed robbery just like Soyinka is to cultism.

That shameless broke poet that's now picking on girls and women whilst spewing gabbage from his smelling mouth
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by seanet02: 4:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
Nice one Fashola
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by EkoAtlantic: 12:04pm On Aug 01, 2013
Eko oni baje Ooo...
kiss
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
lagos deports its undesirables. anambra kills them and dumps them in the river. go figure

1 Like

Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 01, 2013
[size=18pt]Onlytruth

Didnt you claim iboland had a special "system" to house beggars and homeless people? cheii, this old chap, you sabi lie o

Unless you were trying to tell me that the system is only for Ibos and excluding other ethnicity shocked
[/size]
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
If Yorubas start making noise as ibos, claiming hatred and discrimination, then it would be better.

When Ibos impose their culture and traditions on Yorubas, we keep quiet.\

When it's the opposite, all hell breaks loose.

It's time to start making noise too grin
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Ebukax(f): 11:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
[quote author=Desola]

Do I look like nkechi to you?

Please face eastward Abeg. You dont even have the ability or sensebillity of looking one. Cus ur Amara nd ewedu has turned u inferior. Talking of eastside u arent up to any gal in east be it little or large. U public toilet jumping 4rm baba amina to baba iyabo. Omo Ashawo. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by Ebukax(f): 12:09am On Sep 13, 2013
Eko Atlantic: I'm not against this because of hundreds of crimes ibos bring from their states to SW, hence increasing crime rate in southwest.

The briton that was kidnapped in Lagos on Monday was the handiwork of the ibos, same with the wife of one honorable like that in one of the SW states.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201307240347.html/
YOUR ARE A BIG FOOL IDIOT LIKE YOU ONYE OFE NMANU LIKE. WHAT ABOUT YORUBA? YORUBA IS THE WORST IN TIMES OF CULTISM PAGAN RITUAL KILLING STEALING DUPING BACKBITING RAPING SMUGLLING DRUG DEALINGG YORUBA IS VERY LAZY THUS THEY DEPEND ON OTHER TRIBE. EVERY MALE YORUBA IS A NUSAICENSE, MISCREANTS. HOODLUMS, WAIT FOR THE IGBOS TO BUY LAND AND STARTING BUILDING HOUSES IN UR PLACE SO THAT YOUR LIKE OMONILE WILL CUM 4 MONEY SEPE TRIBE. A YORUBA MAN ONCE CUT OF HIS CHILDRENS HEART AND HEAD AND WENT TO SELL TO HIS FELLOW YORUBA MAN A POLITICIAN HE WAS CUT. A YORUBA WOMAN WASHES HER MENSTRUATION AND USES IT TO COOK FOR THE PUBLIC DIRTY TRIBE. Na so so mouth dem get ndi iberibe tribe [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Lagos Dumps Beggars, Homeless In Onitsha by MightySparrow: 12:51am On Sep 13, 2013
The stupid Igbo braggers said they own Yoruba land and own Lagos why can' t they protest or carry their cutlasses now? One Dr. Samuel Okafor a self acclaimed first class history graduate from only God knows which university wrote a stinker about ffk and yorubas the other day. Is it not now glaring that Igbo are just bunch of bewildered wanderers. A people with no origin and who do not know where they are, and where they are going? It amuses me when I see there write - ups on NL and few of them brag. Nigeria is a unit they suffer humiliation what if Nigeria is divided? Where are you going to claim? You will go back to your Israel sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election / Fayose’s Response To Buhari's "I Never Knew IGP Moved To Nasarawa" Comment / Gunmen Kill Policemen, Soldiers In Rivers Checkpoint Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.