Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? (16094 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / Interracial Children: Which Culture? / Impact On Slavery On Africans And The African Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by somalia11: 5:20am On Aug 03, 2013
KidStranglehold:

I can't disagree with this. I dislike Islam. But the NOI gives Islam an even bad name. "The Nation of Islam" is a misnomer; this religion should be called Farrakhanism, after the name of its propagator. They don't even follow mainstream Islamic belief! Which is why Malcolm X left and they killed them for that. angry angry angry

I see those Nation of Islam people no different from those Aryan Brotherhood people.

IMO...If I chose to become a Muslim(which will never happen). I would chose to follow the traditions of those muslim Africans of the Sahel. I mean their muslim traditions encouraged education and gave rise to many successful empires. And not only that their islam is much more peaceful and less violent.

Do these muslim Fulanis look like a threat or violent? No they look peaceful.

Meanwhile these middle eastern muslims look like terrorist about to plan something!!! grin grin grin
[img]http://4.bp..com/_gnm2C1B8vbI/TU563Ftb-KI/AAAAAAAAFTM/7eluV7tQB30/s320/burqa.jpg[/img]

Ur bias, the way someone looks has nothing to do with their behavior

If that were the case west Africans look ugly and look dirty and the women look like men who are body builders
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Supper: 7:36am On Aug 03, 2013
The trailer for an hour long PBS docu-drama about the true story of a Fulani prince named Abdulrahman Ibrahim from Futa Jallon, West Africa who was made a slave in Natchez, Mississippi and freed 40 years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ukNZizqrrg
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by somalia11: 7:51am On Aug 03, 2013
Origins

The history of the Fulani seems to begin with the Berber people of North Africa around the 8th or 11th century AD. As the Berbers migrated down from North Africa and mixed with the peoples in the Senegal region of West Africa the Fulani people came into existence. Over a thousand year period from AD 900 - 1900, they spread out over most of West Africa and even into some areas of Central Africa. Some groups of Fulani have been found as far as the western borders of Ethiopia. As they migrated eastward they came into contact with different African tribes. As they encountered these other peoples, they conquered the less powerful tribes. Along the way many Fulani completely or partially abandoned their traditional nomadic life in favor of a sedentary existence in towns or on farms among the conquered peoples. The nomadic Fulani continued eastward in search of the best grazing land for their cattle. Their lives revolved around and were dedicated to their herds. The more cattle a man owned, the more respect he was given. Today, some estimate as many as 18 million Fulani people stretch across the countries of West Africa. They remain to be the largest group of nomadic people in the world.
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:25am On Aug 03, 2013
somalia11: Ethiopians as negroids worship them, literally look at the restafarians. Afrocentrism revolves around ethiopia and to a lesser extent other horners like Somalis,Eritreans because of the accomplishments we did historically.

This is it,boy...You are officially rettarded. I was pondering on it but I can confirm it,now!
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Supper: 9:42am On Aug 03, 2013
Fulani Influence on American Cowboy Culture

1 Like

Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by somalia11: 9:55am On Aug 03, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

This is it,boy...You are officially rettarded. I was pondering on it but I can confirm it,now!

come on, how many times do Afrocentrism talk about Ethiopia

Look at the color of the flags of most negroids, it has Ethiopian colors
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Jayvarley(m): 6:18pm On Aug 03, 2013
somalia11:

come on, how many times do Afrocentrism talk about Ethiopia

Look at the color of the flags of most negroids, it has Ethiopian colors

The question is not about Ethiopia or Somalia.
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Supper: 3:59am On Aug 04, 2013
Supper: The trailer for an hour long PBS docu-drama about the true story of a Fulani prince named Abdulrahman Ibrahim from Futa Jallon, West Africa who was made a slave in Natchez, Mississippi and freed 40 years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ukNZizqrrg

Here's the full length documentary in the actual trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IVh4kf6By0

Someone uploaded it a couple of weeks ago, apparently. lol
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Supper: 6:13am On Aug 04, 2013
By raw numbers, there were probably SLIGHTLY more African muslim slaves in Brazil just because Brazil was destination to about 10xs the amount of slaves from Africa imported there than North America, period. But pound for pound North America was the destination for more Upper West African Sahelian/Sudanic muslim influenced slaves than any other region in the Americas by far.

Famous white Natchez Mississippi planter/slaver, William Dunbar, express that Mississippi planters held a preference for Africans from the interior, stating "there are certain nations from the interior of Africa the individuals of which I have always found more civilized, at least better disposed than those from the coast, such as Bornon, Houssa, Zanfara, Zegzeg, Kapina, and Tombootoo regions". "The bornon" are those from the bornu empire, the "Houssa" are the Hausa, "Kapina" refers to those from the Katsina region of present day northern /Vigeria and Southern /Viger. "Zanfara" refers to the Zamfara region, another region in present day Northern /Vigeria and southern /Viger. Tombootoo refers to the Bambara of Mail. All of these regions had heavy islamic influenced populations.

"It is estimated that over 50% of the slaves imported to North America came from areas where Islam was followed by at least a minority population. Thus, no less than 200,000 came from regions influenced by Islam. Substantial numbers originated from Senegambia, a region with an established community of Muslim inhabitants extending to the 11th century."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_States

"Thereafter, planters in South Carolina, Georgia and Louisiana preferred enslaved Africans from Senegambia because of their experience in rice cultivation. This would explain in part why Americans imported a relatively large proportion of Senegambians. In French Louisiana, a captain was instructed “to try to purchase several blacks who know how to cultivate rice."
http://mana-net.org/pages.php?ID=education&NUM=154

Another Famous Fulani slave in North America named Omar Ibn Said born to a wealthy family in the Futa Tooro state. He was an Islamic scholar and a Fula who spent 25 years of his life studying with prominent Muslim scholars, learning subjects ranging from arithmetic to theology in Africa.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Ibn_Said

1 Like

Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by MamiWata: 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2013
KidStranglehold: Um...Kails...

Dahomey was a Fon kingdom not Yoruba. Created by the Fon people who settled Benin.

Exactly. I'm a Fon. Kails is an American who makes grand generalizations about West Africa while expecting Africans to know about silly ghetto dances like crumping.
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by MamiWata: 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
*Kails*:

What are the ethnic groups that played the largest influence on dahomey again? Oh ok.

The Fon and I am one of them.

Futhermore there was voodoo/"black magic" in central africa too hence my reference to nzumbi (name of a serpent and king) which is well known throughout the caribbean and brazil.

Vodun is not black magic. Vodun is the name of the spirituality practiced by the Fon of Dahomey. Every ethnic group has their own spirituality. This is very basic knowledge. ATR's have a lot in common but, as we speak different languages and think of ourselves along vastly different ethnic lines, they also have a lot that is not in common.

Perhaps because you have no rhythym or cannot do the dance you call it "ghetto" but I assure you crumping was named in california but is far older than the establishment of "american hoods". It is even older than the slave trade. The only thing "sad" is the fact that you do not know this.

I'm not interested in any aspect of black American culture and unlike you, who claim to know about West Africa, I don't go around pretending that I know much about it. However I did watch a video about the origins of crumping and nothing of what you said about its great ancient origins were revealed. So I will proceed with calling it a silly ghetto dance designed to keep ghetto kids from gangbanging which is how it was presented in the video.
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
Lol@ looking at the thread but not replying until days later.
Never said I knew everything about west africa did I? This "american" is actually a caribbean. I represent the heart of the new world culturally. Dont you ever talk about me like you anything about me when you even know how to read and comprehend.

If you did you would have seen I said they all played a role (every tribe sent to the west) so foh with that bull.

Again, Ghetto dance? Lol like I said you cant do it thats why its ghetto to you. And the documentary you saw more than likely was called Rise, if so youre a big time liar if you claim it never discussed african influence because it does. and while there might be some west african influence, central africa is known for its signature pelvic and sporadic dance movements. Which you find in krumping. as for voodoo, notice I put the slash lmao. Second in our neck of the woods its all about spirituality. I am not asking you that either. Im telling you.

And btw I am not interested in the "fon" either. None..not one..of my ancestors were fon so the feeling is mutual.
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
Yeah this is going to get ugly...

*Gets to bomb shelter*

1 Like

Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
KidStranglehold: Yeah this is going to get ugly...

*Gets to bomb shelter*

nah im through with it.
i said my piece, never disrespected anybody in my first reply.
its not my fault some folks can't read.

it can respond but it'll just be talking to itself.

that's that.

1 Like

Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by MrsChima(f): 11:10pm On Aug 07, 2013
Kail and Kid

I have studied for many years about Black History and Origin of African Slavery. It still remains absent of knowledge of which country sold/stole the most slaves.

White Slave hunters did not partake foot travel in the African desert and if they were successful...colonialism would have an earlier start date.

They stayed at the coast which were conductive to them. They relied on Africans who spoke little English and few other languages to act as their agents.

According to some historians....the first sailors were Africans and managed to land in other countries. Not all Africans were sold or stolen.

Again....these are statements who claimed to have supporting theories. As I read into it...it does make sense because how did the agents were able to complete transactions with different slave hunters who spoke multiple languages?

1 Like

Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
*Kails*:

nah im through with it.
i said my piece, never disrespected anybody in my first reply.
its not my fault some folks can't read.

it can respond but it'll just be talking to itself.

that's that.

Well you brought up some good point.
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Kail and Kid

I have studied for many years about Black History and Origin of African Slavery. It still remains absent of knowledge of which country sold/stole the most slaves.

White Slave hunters did not partake foot travel in the African desert and if they were successful...colonialism would have an earlier start date.

They stayed at the coast which were conductive to them. They relied on Africans who spoke little English and few other languages to act as their agents.

According to some historians....the first sailors were Africans and managed to land in other countries. Not all Africans were sold or stolen.

Again....these are statements who claimed to have supporting theories. As I read into it...it does make sense because how did the agents were able to complete transactions with different slave hunters who spoke multiple languages?

Interesting.

Also Africans like Senegalese already knew European languages and traveled to Europe before slavery and colonizations. I have sources that state such. So you're definitely right about some African slave hunters already knowing European languages. And lets not forget Africans from Senegal traded slaves to Europeans. And those same people from Senegal were traveling to Europe and already knew European languages.

EDITED...
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Well you brought up some good point.

Thanks..

@chima that is true.
some of them did travel @ free will and made a living capturing other africans.

What they would do was do what would also be done to the irish much later on. some even doing what that was deception: these agents were initially tricking africans into thinking they would only do indentured servitude work and return home. They convinced them that it would happen because initially that was the case, esp. in brazil.

>>> not only were servants treated fairly ok in the beginning (late 1400s) but they could own land, mix with non-blacks and eventually return back to the kongo kingdom.

that was in fact the agreement the kongo kings had with the portugese: "we give you our finest for a period of time in exchange for goods and you bring them back when they pay their dues". At first this was honored. Most servants returned home but as the whites began to understand more about their african counter parts (which tribe disliked the other, which people knew how to to get into the interior and which men/women should be taken from which tribe) that is when *ish hit the fan and it goes back the beginning of my post: free for all lucrative business = TAST.

The rewards were much greater. Instead of the usual mirrors, coins, trinkets and other fckery tongue they started getting weaponry, status, and such the likes.

Then you started having these little "agents" as you call them who would trick people into thinking it was still legitimate indentured servitude (they would not know they were never to return until they reached the inspection docks where the whippings started and you began to see more violence being perpetrated by these same african agents who wanted to protect their interest and instill fear in the slaves..remember no slave = no reward) those who were suspicious or resisted were then started getting the nets thrown on them and then a new era was born.... it escalated so much that even the members of the ruling families and noblemen were subject to being enslaved.

This explains how the other millions were taken away aside from the kings literally selling their own and of course prisoners of wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eYMh37BEMk

^^^^
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
Being part Haitian descent. I almost most likely have Fon ancestry. I mean its said most Haitian slaves came from the Dahomey Kingdom. Not only that, but I believe Henri Christophe had bodyguards imported from Dahomey. I think I read that somewhere.
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 07, 2013
and btw chima, the reason they were able to communicate is because contrary to popular theories,
the relationship btn africans and non-africans (arabs and Iberian peninsula natives) is actually MUCH OLDER than what people would like to admit. grin wink

i doubt it had anything to do with them "discovering" the new world...which did not happen.
it was because of old trade routes WITHIN the african continent that connected to europe and the Mediterranean.
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 08, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Interesting.

Also Africans like Senegalese already knew European languages and traveled to Europe before slavery and colonizations. I have sources that state such. So you're definitely right about some African slave hunters already knowing European languages. And lets not forget Africans from Senegal traded slaves to Europeans. And those same people from Senegal were traveling to Europe and already knew European languages.

EDITED...

right.

@ the post about haitians and being fon.

they weren't mostly fon bruh. grin grin
haitians like all of us are a blend of central and west africans.

haitians are Igbo, Yoruba, Fon, Kongolese, Senegambian; etc.

Haitian culture is reflective of their diversity despite the physical appearance.
People think because Haitians are the "purest racially" in the caribbean that they are only one thing but that is false. you have to remember inter-tribal mixing happened in africa not to mention there was mixing IN the caribbean which was forced.

On Haiti:

https://www.haiti360.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30:african-origins-of-haitians&catid=4:our-blogs&Itemid=6

Most Africans as the famous Olaudah Equiano would write that “sometimes indeed, we sold slaves, but they were only prisoners of war, or such among us as had been convicted of kidnapping, or adultery, and some other crimes, which we esteemed heinous (pg42)”. This is to simply state, that most Africans brought to the new world were all of mix tribes. However, as most scholars would note, most Africans brought to Haiti were of the Yoruba people in Benin. However, this is due to the Dahomey kingdom conquered territories; which were assimilated through intermarriage, uniform laws, and a common tradition of enmity to the Yoruba. The non-Yoruba Africans came from the Kongo and Angola, with most coming from the region in which the Kongo people resided....

Furthermore, mixing the different African tribes with each other, was a tactic used by the French as well as the other Europeans to keep African slaves from revolting or rebelling. For example, if all spoke the same language there would be a higher chance in communicating and revolting; as appose to those who spoke a different languages and possible conflicts already from being in different tribes, would create chaos which gave the European the advantages in control of the Africans.

then about spirituality in Haiti:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_vodou_drumming

Below is an overview of the several nanchons, the qualities and origins of their laws, and the rhythms and dances associated with their rites.

Rada - The lwas of this nanchon are strong, but benevolent, balanced in their treatment of their servants. These are the most revered spirits, and many Vodou rituals begin with adulations for them. They originate from the Fon people of Dahomey (present day Benin). In Fact, the word Vodou comes from the Fon word for “God”. There are many lwas in this group. To name a few: Papa Legba – Guardian of the Crossroads; Marassa – twin spirits who represent childhood; Dambala – the serpent spirit who represents energy and life; Ezili Freda – spirit of love and femininity; Lasirèn – mistress of the sea and music. Rhythm and dance styles played for the Rada nanchon include: Yanvalou, Parigol, Zepol, Mahi, Fla Voudou and Daomé.

Nago - The lwas of this nanchon represent power. Its members embody attributes of warriors and leaders. They originate from the Yoruba people of south-western Nigeria and are closely associated with Ogun (sometimes written Ogou), the Yoruba Blacksmith-God. The lwas in this group have names starting with Ogun, like Ogun Fèray and Ogun Badagri. As such, they are represented by steel and fire. The Nago rites are replete with military imagery. These spirits give masculine, fatherly council and support. The rhythm and dance style associated with these rites is also called Nago.

Djouba - The lwas of this nanchon are connected to cultivation and farming. They personify peasants, both in appearance and manner. It is surmised that this nanchon comes from the island of Martinique. The principal lwa for this group is Azaka. The rhythms and dance styles associated with this nanchon are Djouba (Matinik) and Abitan.

Petwo - The lwas of this nanchon are aggressive, demanding, quick and protective. The origins of this nanchon are unclear, but Many believe them to be the spirits of the original slaves and Haiti’s indigenous people (The Taino – almost completely wiped out after European contact), a sort of “home-grown” family of spirits. These spirits were called upon during the slave revolts beginning in 1791 which ultimately lead to the defeat of Napoleons troops in 1803 and independence in 1804. The name might be derived from a slave priest of mixed African and Spanish Blood name Don Pedro who was one of the rebellion’s leaders. One of the lwas in this nanchon bears his name (Jean Petwo). Another, Ezili Danto - sister to Ezili Freda in the Rada nanchon - is a spirit of love, but with a penchant for violence or revenge. The rhythm and dance styles associate with Petwo include Petwo, Makiya, Bumba, Makanda, and Kita.

Kongo - The lwas of this nanchon are ancestors of the Bantu people of the Congo river basin. These spirits are gracious, and enjoy song and dance. In fact, music played for the Kongo nanchon is unique in that it is also popular in secular settings. In vodou worship houses called tanp (from the French temple) dolls representing these spirits are displayed adorned in brightly coloured clothing. Sprits include Kongo Zando and Rwa Wangol. The rhythm and dance style associated with this nanchon goes by the same name.

Ibo – The lwas of this nanchon are from the Ibo people in south-eastern Nigeria. Their chief attributes are pride, to the point of arrogance, and are difficult to satisfy. These spirits preside over sacred items called Kanari, clay pots in which the soul of the initiate is said to reside during ritual possession. The best known lwa of this group is Ibo Lélé (the chatterer). The rhythm and dance style associated with this nanchon also goes by the same name.
Gède - The lwas of this nanchon are the spirits eroticism and death. More accurately they control the cycle of death and life. They are represented by figures in black with white faces. They are also tricksters. The most famous lwa of this nanchon is Baron Samedi. He is macabre, obscene and lives in cemeteries. Other lwas include Gède Nibo, Baron Lakwa and Gède Zarien. The Vodou ceremony almost always ends with the rites for Gède nanchon. The rhythm and dance style associated with this nanchon is called Banda.

While these seven nanchons all have their distinct attributes, in a more general way the nanchons are divided into two branches, each of which takes its name from one of the nanchons within it. While there is no consensus on this point, it can generally be argued that the Rada branch includes Rada, Nago and Djouba, and the Petwo branch includes Petwo, Kongo, Ibo and Gède. Some people place Djouba under the Petwo Branch, and some others consider the Kongo branch its own entity. For the purposes of drumming, we will use the two-branch differentiation, as rhythms most rhythms being played in non traditional contexts today use either the Rada or Petro batterie.
The Rada Batterie and The Petwo batterie display as much contrast as the lwas of the nanchon branches for which they play. The table below will illustrate some of the differences..

you guys are mutts like the rest of us.

its just like i said IN THE FIRST PLACE...ALL TRIBES PLAYED ROLES IN ALL OF THE COLONIES! tongue tongue cheesy
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 08, 2013
@Kails

Thanks for the post!

I so badly want to get a DNA test. When I get my new job in October(have to wait and train first angry ), I'm going to begin saving up. I want to get an Autosomal DNA test, an Autosomal DNA test that actually tells me which specific ethic groups I descend from. I don't want a Y-DNA or mtDNA test, that doesn't tell us the whole picture.
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 08, 2013
@ topic as far as south of the US border goes (latin america and the caribbean)

our dancing is MOSTLY influenced by the central african ppls.
from cuba, to puerto rico, jamaica, to brazil...

Caribchic get in here!
tell me you dont see the origins of dancehall, salsa, and soca dancing in these videos! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90xRDYruyN8

^ ESP @ 2:28 cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzvrMKQQbeU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVyw9g2qSsI

look at how they wine... tongue cheesy
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 08, 2013
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 08, 2013
I seriously mistook these people in the vid for Afro-Latinos when they are infact Congolese. shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90xRDYruyN8

LOL! People in the comment section are arguing over African diversity.
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 08, 2013
KidStranglehold: @Kails

Thanks for the post!

I so badly want to get a DNA test. When I get my new job in October(have to wait and train first angry ), I'm going to begin saving up. I want to get an Autosomal DNA test, an Autosomal DNA test that actually tells me which specific ethic groups I descend from. I don't want a Y-DNA or mtDNA test, that doesn't tell us the whole picture.

i am taking both the African ancestry and the racial make tests.
i want to see how accurate they are. tongue i believe the african ancestry test is a scam tho.
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 08, 2013
KidStranglehold: I seriously mistook these people in the vid for Afro-Latinos when they are infact Congolese. shocked

the way they look or how they dance?
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 08, 2013
@$$ shaking DEFINITELY came from central Africa. I never see West African girls @$$ shaking like Central Africans.

1 Like

Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 08, 2013
*Kails*:

the way they look or how they dance?

The way they looked. They looked like Afro Latinas to me.
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 08, 2013
*Kails*:

i am taking both the African ancestry and the racial make tests.
i want to see how accurate they are. tongue i believe the african ancestry test is a scam tho.

If you do take it which African ethnic groups do you think you descend from?
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 08, 2013
KidStranglehold: @$$ shaking DEFINITELY came from central Africa. I never see West African girls @$$ shaking like Central Africans.

end of discussion! grin grin
i know that is where we got it from!!

ESP. caribbean people and afro. latins

KidStranglehold:

i really don't know lol.
its a tough call. you gotta remember i am jamaican and AA wink
so that alone makes it impossible to guess.

im from all over lol.

funny thing is i always get confused for kenyan...that might be a stretch but who knows.
i might have distant fam that way in me..*shrugs*
Re: Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 08, 2013
KidStranglehold:

what about you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? / Renaming The Niger Area: Top Priority Place That Should Change Names / How Can You Marry Someone From An Ethnic Group You Claim To Hate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.