Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan (40878 Views)

Breaking: Efcc Questions suswan / Special Asistant To Gov. Suswan Dies In Government House / Atiku Says We Need Govt That Values Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
biafranqueen: yes
The first link is the actual law http://www.nigeria-law.org/Land%20Use%20Act.htm
The second is broken down very well in layman terms
https://www.nairaland.com/289462/lawyer-pls-deed-lease-deed

President Goodluck is working on trying to revise some of the act that's the good news.

My point is that we as Nigerians have stopped planning for our children's childeren. We will not know how the Governor in 40 years time will handle this they might sign a new lease for occupancy for another 99 years and your legacy will continue or maybe they won't.
Don't get me wrong I am all for flipping land in the area buy it keep it a few years and sell it at a higher cost , but I know so many of my personal people that are building hotels, estates etc; which they can sell as well after the ROI but I just want us to fully understand that land does not belong to us!

thanks a million .

Was never aware .

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by druid06(m): 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
biafranqueen: Did you know that the company that makes Indomie is Indian owned and the are building a 30 million dollar processing plant for Palm Oil. Can you name me one Palm Oil processing plant in Nigeria. Every single cosmetic industry in the world uses palm oil every packaged food company uses it. http://www.saynotopalmoil.com/palm-oil.php
The west is boycotting Malaylaia palm oil because they are cutting down trees to plant Palm Oil trees to meet the worlds demand. We already have them in the east in abundance. Fruit plantations are very profitable. How about growing tomatoes and bottling it instead of importing it. Palm Wine is so hard to get in the western world. If you know how much we pay for Igbo soup ingredients in America, very expensive. One just one dry fish is 2,500 NGNis $15.00 A small bag of egusi is $12.00. 2,000 NGN.

Are you getting my point?

Did you know that a hospital can be built for profit as well as serving the community. Agriculture is not just coco. What about fish, bush meat, chicken farming? The east has the space for so much industry. We have to think outside the box. My town alone has 1.5 million people, just Nnewi. You think Abuja has more opportunities because they have already been created. The youth have to stop looking for jobs and creating opportunities. By the way Nigerians spend $300,000 million dollars a year on Indomie

Dangote built a cement factory in Kogi because limestone is in abundance as it is in IMO state. What is stoping Igbos from doing the same, the land is rich with mineral resources untouched.

Kaolin is used for ceramics, lead for tv, Natural gas and oil is in the area but have not been taken advantage of because owners of the land are afraid of being exploited. Sandstone is in abundance. The East is full of natural resources in our own backyard trust me. The Japanese are interested big time in the east but your brothers won't tell you that. The ones in government that know are acquiring land silently. So I suggest you do look in your backyard. I know we have enough to go around that is why I refuse to keep silent anymore.

I am not sure if you have any idea how brainstorming and tedious it is to start a mechanized and large scale farming. Also, do you have any idea how much capital it would take to venture into such opportunity. The work load and risks are too much and the time waiting to get a return is too long. My fellow Igbo brother's are too impatient to wait that long to count on their loss or profit.

Also, how many igbos scattered all over Nigeria can afford to venture into large scale farming. You talk as if the capital to start such farming is easy to come by when the banks don't give out loans. Dangote built his cement factory in Kongi or so because as you put it, the land if filled with natural resources such as limestime used in making cements but the question you fail to ask yourself is, do you think he just woke up one morning and started building his factory. Don't you know the political mumjo jumbo he had to play in order to get a permit to mine limestone from the earth and I am not sure if you have any idea how hard it is go get a permit. Also, don't forget he had enough capital to venture into business. How would the common man get the capital and political know how on how to get such permit.

I think a governor or so or one of those looming politician has sighted the opportunity in the east and used his connection and his ill gotten wealth to build a cement factory in Abia state. Everyone knows that going into agriculture and farming requires too much capital and where would be average man get the capital from. I bet your argument would be to start in small scale but the question I pose to you is how much profit is there to be made in a small scale farming?

Another point where you don't seem to fanthom is that there're no connection oceans and seas in the east. If large scale trade were to be permitted. How would goods be moved easily from the east to other countries. Let me let you on a little secret, the reason why lagos has so much opportunities it's because of it's port. Ask any industrial captain or an economist, they would tell you the same thing.

My sister, the Igbo's are no fools and if there were big bucks to be made in the east, I'm sure we would not have wandered far in search of better opportunities.

5 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by biafranqueen: 5:48am On Jul 30, 2013
You boys just want to shine now now now Easy money never last my son it takes years to build a legacy. undecided

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by iphy42: 11:49am On Jul 30, 2013
I wonder why threads like this do not see the light of front page. The strength of each tribe should always be highlighted for all to know that we need one another to survive.
One Nigeria. We must be strong within to be the giant of Africa
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Dee60: 10:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
Lagos has been the most friendly state to Igbos, whichever you look at it!

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by obizy1(m): 10:39pm On Jul 31, 2013
Talk tru? Mtchewwwww
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by danielonyisi(m): 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2013
What a country.
Tribalism among each other
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by trolling(m): 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2013
how I wish this peoples eyes can be opened, truly the spirit of deep sleep is on this people, how can this people be so lost in their identity, but i know why, well the time is coming when their eyes will be opened and would realize they've been so lost, strangers in a strange land smh cry
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by 0mOnnakoda25: 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2013
Any farmer that ignores snakes does so at his own risk
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
Only an Igbo rule can make Nigeria better, Which youroba or hausa man go come build or invest millions of naira in igboland? None but igbos even when investing in igbo land will at the same time investing in all part of the country, that's our nature. Only an igbo rule can save Nigeria.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by bebechuks: 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2013
Gbam eziokwu bu undu!
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
achi4u: My brother ur last question is very important,igbos should hence forth direct their investment down East.

Igbos have the spirit of oneness that's why you keep seeing them investing in place that they are most hated. The truth is that if igbos leave Lagos as so many NL keep saying, Lagos will fold up because yourobas cant manage/run the business igbos do in Lagos, dem never do owambe finish na to learn how to manage business. An igbo guy will serve someone for 6yrs just to learn a trade and when he masters it how can you then compare him with someone that just jumped into the business. And hardly will you see an igbo man this days without meaningful investment in the east.

3 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by francis4real(m): 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
Pls inform them cos they are ignorant of it.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by DIVINE78: 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
kokosheen:

If you read the original post carefully, you'll note that the only statement attributed to Suswan is the OP's thread title, every other thing written in the post was by a Mr. CLEMENT UDEGBE, a lawyer from Lagos who I guess should be Igbo, go figure on the unrealistic statistics.

To put it in context, the amended budget passed for the entire federation of Nigeria this week is N4.9Trillion, imagine all the projects ear-marked in that budget (east-west road, railway rehab, power projects etc) and you say Igbos have assets worth N600 Trillion in Abuja alone!!! Haba, Nigeria as a federation has not made this amount since independence.
Why have you chosen to burst their bubble? Igbo boys please continue jumping up and down your investment in pluto is worth gzillion.

3 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Lordave: 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
Shoo!!!
I posted this news some days ago but our tribalistic and dumb mods ignored it only to put this shît with Suswam on frontpage in the sake of mocking Igbos.
Well, I no too blame them, na the amu wey carry Suswam name join the news knowing fully well that Suswam has nothing to do with it I dey blame.
Op e be like say you pour Alomo inside the Akamu wey you take dis evening.

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
AN ADAGE GOES:
if agama fall for ground and he no see anything praise am, he go shake head in delusion.

NO WONDER AGAMA DEY ALWAYS RUN AROUND EVERYWHERE FROM NORTH TO WEST TO SOUTH, Looking for female Lizard to fu*ck.

ME I DEY LAUGH OOOOO grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
0mOnnakoda 25: Any farmer that ignores snakes does so at his own risk
Abi oo. abeg make the snake go dey bite everything for inside his cave jare grin grin
*ROTFLMAO*
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by maninmood(m): 11:19pm On Jul 31, 2013
You lots can keep picking on each other. Clannish, tribal, ethnic bigotry thrown at one another should be stopped. The fact still remains that if Igbo or Yoruba or Hause invest in their respective home towns or not, some mongrels here would still be wallowing in their sorry state.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by tintingz(m): 11:19pm On Jul 31, 2013
Why do ndigbos always feel sorry for themselves undecided
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Spiff20(m): 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2013
Mr man dere is a seaport in onitsha, nd onitsha is still under developed
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by drake2005: 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
[b]The Igbos are the Jews of Africa. And yes we are by heritage and by ingenuity spirit. We have the uncanny ability to dominate everything we set our hands on. This has been proven; time and time again. Go and look at the archives and records of Biafian Achievements...design and built Warships, aircrafts, tanks and many others. Today we have the only automobile manufacturing factory in Nigeria, first indigenous refinery in Nigeria. I say to the Yorubas; who are implacably so envious of the IGBOS to shut the hell up and mind your damn business. You people are no match to the Igbos. Hausas have learned to accept the predominance and the importance of the Igbos with respect to business and investments. And the Igbos also have been magnanimous in identifying the strengths of the Hausas and complement them for that. Both tribes get along well today.

A lot of people forget that when the civil war ended; the north practically begged the Igbos to return...THIS IS A FACT, GO AND SEE THE RECONCILIATION RECORD. Northerners were offering their houses to igbos to stay for free; my Uncle was among them, many even sent trucks and lorries to bring the Igbos back; this explain why Hausas and Igbos remain great business partners till today and they will rather deal with Igbo than deal with Yoruba.

All hate you see directed to the Igbos are coming from Yorubas; not one Hausa I can tell you because they know how important the Igbos are to them and appreciate it. I don't know where this jealousy stems from: The Igbos are more wealthier than the yorubas; this is a fact, we are more educated; this is a fact, we are more physically attractive; this is a proven fact. Go to Banana republic and Victoria Island; knock on the houses and ask who own them; BELIEVE ME 70% OF THOSE HOUSES ARE OWN BY THE IGBOS. I live there also, will attest to this. So to the Yoruba; stop this enviousness and jealousy toward the Igbos; it will take you guys no where but bring about the destruction of all of you.

For your information, the igbo people are backed and supported by the those that control this world...THE JEWISH COMMUNITY. Go and learn about who own and control IMF, World bank, and many others; they are all own by the jewish community. They stand 100% behind the Igbos and are prepared to invest heavily if Igbo were to have their own country today. Go and study the jewish and Igbo relationship.

We are not done with our investment yet, we are bent on taking over Nigeria; investment-wise JUST AS THE JEWISH COMMUNITY HAVE TAKEN OVER THE ENTIRE WORLD. IT'S IN OUR BLOOD AND DNA AND NOTHING CAN STOP US. To the YORUBAS; you either learn to live with this as the Hausas have, or move out... you flimsy, decrepit, weak, darky, ugly as$s, jealous, son of bit$ches. I don't know what is wrong with this people...IF you guys want to compete with the igbos; let's do it openly, and don't hide under the computer. Why all these pent-up, deep-seated anger? Where are all these coming from? Go to every Nairaland forum where beautiful Igbo women or models pictures are uploaded and read the comments...comments decked with hate, jealousy towards our beautiful women...for what? Because they are attractive. COME ON, GO GET A LIFE PEOPLE. [/b]

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Biggysmalls919(m): 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
why are the south eastern states not looking like abuja? why are they building in other states and forgetting their own place? half of those wealth are from dubious means. importing fake goods and can u count the drug peddlers moving like DHL selling drugs?

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by dayokanu(m): 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
My people How Markate

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by airmark(m): 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
Trillions, trillions, trillions!!! How can sane minds believe the figures been thrown around. Majority of nigerians are gullible.

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
Dee60: Lagos has been the most friendly state to Igbos, whichever you look at it!

thats not wat d title is all about.
Moreover, igbo men pay all forms of taxes to lagos govt and destitutes called agberos. At least, we take care of your destitutes which increase in number as days go by.

Infact, agbero biz is what ur even graduates are looking forward to. What a ppl

3 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by mascot87(m): 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2013
It's only an illiterate and dump fellow that will believe the crap written by that bloody fellow.Where did he get those figures from? Anyway,anybody can say anything just to make some ignorant people happy and smile as if they just won a $5 trillion jackpot.Anyone that believes this crap is a pure illiterate and if such a person has gone to the uni or poly,then that fellow has really messed up our educational system.

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Erotex(m): 11:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
js lik 2go, From novice to ultimate . God bless ndi-Igbo.
Oga eme ha vum n'anya!!

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by frederal(m): 11:55pm On Jul 31, 2013
We came all the way from east, conquered Abuja land( by investments and developments); didn't leave Lagos out; and same in Kano and Kaduna. CHECK YOUR VILLAGES TOO! If you don't see an IBO MAN there, forget it...there's no business there-nothing marketable.
Go to other African countries, they recognize our business potentials.
Not by stealing public wealth by pen o, and other government aided means.
Ndi mbayi, jesinu ike!

3 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by frederal(m): 11:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
Biggysmalls919: why are the south eastern states not looking like abuja? why are they building in other states and forgetting their own place? half of those wealth are from dubious means. importing fake goods and can u count the drug peddlers moving like DHL selling drugs?

All we need is money, we can build 5 star if ur mother's kitchen, if u can pay.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

TSA: Court Orders Seizure Of $793.2m Hidden In Banks (Names of banks) / CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 / South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.