Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan (40874 Views)

Breaking: Efcc Questions suswan / Special Asistant To Gov. Suswan Dies In Government House / Atiku Says We Need Govt That Values Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by SonOfEl(m): 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
Seempliehuman:
I hope you're being funny, but as I've said, leave and it is you who may have to deal with wide-spread unemployment. Anyway, I'm a supporter of an Independent Yoruba Nation, so Igbos gone or their activities better regulated, is something I want.

i guess u'd just have to wait then...
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Seempliehuman(m): 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2014
SonOfEl:

i guess u'd just have to wait then...
I'm not waiting, I'm helping to spread the message that we need freedom from Nigeria.
Let me end my posts here with something a friend once told me and a group of other friends(Igbo's included). He said that since the creation of Nigeria, he doubted if any Yoruba had been arrested for armed robbery in Igboland, and challenged anyone to prove him wrong with verifiable evidence. He then observed that even if we checked news reports for only a week, we'd find more than one case of Igbo armed robber in Yorubaland.

Posts like this one make me laugh out loud.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by SonOfEl(m): 11:26am On Sep 06, 2014
Seempliehuman:
I'm not waiting, I'm helping to spread the message that we need freedom from Nigeria.
Let me end my posts here with something a friend once told me and a group of other friends(Igbo's included). He said that since the creation of Nigeria, he doubted if any Yoruba had been arrested for armed robbery in Igboland, and challenged anyone to prove him wrong with verifiable evidence. He then observed that even if we checked news reports for only a week, we'd find more than one case of Igbo armed robber in Yorubaland.

Posts like this one make me laugh out loud.

yeah...and it exposes your ethnistic bigotry. Yoruba has not guts for it, it dosent mean there are no yoruba inherent thieves in the east.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Seempliehuman(m): 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
SonOfEl:

yeah...and it exposes your ethnistic bigotry. Yoruba has not guts for it, it dosent mean there are no yoruba inherent thieves in the east.
"Yoruba has no guts for it", and you accuse me of being an ethnic bigot. Smh. "inherent thieves"? Now you're just casting aspersions. If you do find any real evidence, let me know.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by SonOfEl(m): 3:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
Seempliehuman:
"Yoruba has no guts for it", and you accuse me of being an ethnic bigot. Smh. "inherent thieves"? Now you're just casting aspersions. If you do find any real evidence, let me know.

it is your aspersion that has real evidence right? My conclusions are logical and relatable. You are only rigmaroling.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Ezemmuo1: 10:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
hotwax:

Are you manufacturing oil and gass?

You dig it and Niger delta and come and sell it to us in Lagos. We have many oil companies.
Zenon, Total, Oando, AP and many more.

www.integratedoilandgas.com is here in lagos to make money. Land of milk and honey.

am not interested in this nonsesical discussion as i beleive all ethnic groups in Nigeri are important and hence a need for mutual respect. however i need to correct one erroneus impression. Nigerias oil does not come from SS alone but also from SW and SE, the bulk of it is from NIGERDELTA which has to SE states IMO and ABIA as part of it. So those of you screming Niger Delta,always remember that includes Imo and Abia,both oil Producing states. infact at one time NDDC HQ was in Abia state.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 10, 2014
I want to thank igbos for developing Lagos,thank u so much for choosing Lagos (west) ahead of ur region,thnk u for building mansions in Lagos and leave ur states in mess,and when u r going back to ur east,do not forget to carry ur mansions with u
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by cheruv: 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
pro01: No state would even dare ignore the Igbo. The oil-eaters in Lagos that like to scream themselves hoarse 'go back to your village' are merely exhibiting symptoms of hate - motivated by fear and envy. . .with the sinister hope of inheriting the properties and investments that prosperous Igbo people would be forced to forfeit or give away cheaply if they do return to the south East (as was the case during the Civil War).

Lazy fools often harbour such hopes of reaping where they did not sow. Since they lack the initiative and acumen to create their own wealth, they want to claim the numerous Igbo-owned plazas, hotels, malls, mansions, service apartments, factories, etc in choice locations across Lagos - on the strength of their gutless 'Alaiye' and 'onile' credentials. That is the only thing that makes them scream 'go back to your village'. However, they know that it would be almost impossible to sustain their economy in the absence of this much hated (i.e. feared and envied) people.
Gowon knew this that's why fought Biafra to a standstill. even after conquering the eastern ijo and areas east of river Cross that made up the majority of minority Biafra, he still strove to bring the Igbos back kos according to him Nigeria was worthless without the Igbo nation.
that notwithstanding we the Igbo nation still need an independent Igbo only Biafra to project our socioeconomic and military power to 'Nigeria' and the rest of the continent smiley
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by cheruv: 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
PeterKbaba: Even yoruba's that as oil and gas in 3 states, you wont hear us bragging about it..
Dirty people, abeg make una dey go.......

LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.......IGBO'S
LAGOS IS FOR AWORI.......IGBO'S
LAGOS IS FOR BENIN.......IGBO'S
LAGOS IS NOT FOR YORUBAS.......IGBO'S
WE OWN LAGOS.......IGBO'S
WE OWN NIGERIA.......IGBO'S
NA WE GET ISRAEL.......IGBO'S
WE ARE JEWS.......IGBO'S
WE WILL SEND ALL THE YORUBA'S PACKING.......IGBO'S
WE WILL BE GOVERNOR OF LAGOS.......IGBO'S

YOU HATE US SO MUCH BUT YOU REFUSE TO LEAVE OUR LAND

Have you heard igbos speak english, you will want to throw up, tell them to pronounce ordinary Oil, dem go call am OYEL

not oyel but oyil
at least we're better than a people that has no CH,V ,Z and H sounds in their lingo
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by victor08(m): 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
Igbos and Hausas are the ones holding the economy of Nigeria
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Seempliehuman(m): 3:42am On Sep 16, 2014
SonOfEl:

it is your aspersion that has real evidence right? My conclusions are logical and relatable. You are only rigmaroling.

you can try it urself. Search armed robbers arrested in lagos or any other yoruba state and see how many igbo names you come up with.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by SonOfEl(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2014
Seempliehuman:

you can try it urself. Search armed robbers arrested in lagos or any other yoruba state and see how many igbo names you come up with.

see bias! Anyway, i have googled 'armed robbery' and criminals in nigeria, and a lot of yorubas seems to be in the mix. YOU ARE A LIAR.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Seempliehuman(m): 9:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
SonOfEl:

see bias! Anyway, i have googled 'armed robbery' and criminals in nigeria, and a lot of yorubas seems to be in the mix. YOU ARE A LIAR.

What bias? I can assure you that if you request for it again, I'll get you at least 10 links providing details on Igbos arrested across Yorubaland for various criminal practices. I've just thought there should be a limit when airing dirty linens in public. However, my challenge still stand. Can you get a link to a story about Yoruba robbers arrested in Igboland? Infact, I extend the search to any crime committed by a Yoruba in Igboland(not Nigeria, pls). One credible link from a credible online news plaftorm.

Anyway, that isnt the point of my first post. Yorubas dont need Igbos. Your presence is causing Yorubas great harm and little good. Competing for economic opportunities with us when you have all the opportunities in your own land. Also, most of the business of so called Igbo traders has not been constructive for our economy. They are only after enriching themselves. Helping china dump inferior goods in our markets, importing fake goods(including drugs), and selling stolen goods amongst others. I have noticed only a few in the manufacturing sector to whom I'll give credit. The vast majority however, are just enriching themselves at the expense of our land. It is you who would have to deal with such people being unemployed if you leave our land. True, there'd be a vaccum(particularly and perhaps only in Lagos) but I trust in my people's ability to patch it up in no time
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by SonOfEl(m): 8:39pm On Dec 20, 2014
Seempliehuman:

What bias? I can assure you that if you request for it again, I'll get you at least 10 links providing details on Igbos arrested across Yorubaland for various criminal practices. I've just thought there should be a limit when airing dirty linens in public. However, my challenge still stand. Can you get a link to a story about Yoruba robbers arrested in Igboland? Infact, I extend the search to any crime committed by a Yoruba in Igboland(not Nigeria, pls). One credible link from a credible online news plaftorm.

Anyway, that isnt the point of my first post. Yorubas dont need Igbos. Your presence is causing Yorubas great harm and little good. Competing for economic opportunities with us when you have all the opportunities in your own land. Also, most of the business of so called Igbo traders has not been constructive for our economy. They are only after enriching themselves. Helping china dump inferior goods in our markets, importing fake goods(including drugs), and selling stolen goods amongst others. I have noticed only a few in the manufacturing sector to whom I'll give credit. The vast majority however, are just enriching themselves at the expense of our land. It is you who would have to deal with such people being unemployed if you leave our land. True, there'd be a vaccum(particularly and perhaps only in Lagos) but I trust in my people's ability to patch it up in no time

keep JONZING...
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Seempliehuman(m): 9:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
SonOfEl:

keep JONZING...

Whatever that means.
I'm a crazy patriot. I would love it if Igbos and people of other nationalities left and we formed a country with, say, 99% Yoruba majority. But the fact of the matter is that, even if Nigeria was to split, those people of foreign nationalities who live in Lagos and other parts of Yorubaland have already built their lives in Yoruba country and would probably not leave, so we'dl have to tolerate and accept them.
But if anyone leaves, it's their loss. You arent doing us any favours, you get employment in our land and your businesses survive on Yoruba patronage. This is just like Nigeria saying if it dosent sell oil to America, then America will collapse. Crazy, right? Nigeria is actually the one in need of the money and there are many more alternatives for the state. Worse, the United States itself is sitting on great oil reserves, exports oil and is even starting to meet a significant proportion of its domestic oil needs independently.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by SonOfEl(m): 5:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
Seempliehuman:

Whatever that means.
I'm a crazy patriot. I would love it if Igbos and people of other nationalities left and we formed a country with, say, 99% Yoruba majority. But the fact of the matter is that, even if Nigeria was to split, those people of foreign nationalities who live in Lagos and other parts of Yorubaland have already built their lives in Yoruba country and would probably not leave, so we'dl have to tolerate and accept them.
But if anyone leaves, it's their loss. You arent doing us any favours, you get employment in our land and your businesses survive on Yoruba patronage. This is just like Nigeria saying if it dosent sell oil to America, then America will collapse. Crazy, right? Nigeria is actually the one in need of the money and there are many more alternatives for the state. Worse, the United States itself is sitting on great oil reserves, exports oil and is even starting to meet a significant proportion of its domestic oil needs independently.

but careful what u wish for.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Seempliehuman(m): 6:26pm On Dec 22, 2014
SonOfEl:

but careful what u wish for.
Check out Nigeria's history and see how our region out-paced all other in the country during and before the 1st republic, when we had some measure of self-government.
I hope Jonathan wins the next election and the north make good on their threat to destabilise, and consequently split the country. Au revoir forever
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by SonOfEl(m): 10:14pm On Dec 22, 2014
Seempliehuman:

Check out Nigeria's history and see how our region out-paced all other in the country during and before the 1st republic, when we had some measure of self-government.
I hope Jonathan wins the next election and the north make good on their threat to destabilise, and consequently split the country. Au revoir forever

very typical of ur type. Awo said the same thing n screwed up at the critical moment. Abegi...
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Seempliehuman(m): 11:05am On Dec 24, 2014
SonOfEl:

very typical of ur type. Awo said the same thing n screwed up at the critical moment. Abegi...

Tell me how Awo screwed it. Tell me.
Silly stereotype. Remember June 12? Yorubas faced the wrath of the millitary devil alone and suffered greatly. Many of our prominent citizens were killed and many more fled the country. But we didnt back down and we were "compensated". The two candidates for the 1999 Presidential election were Yorubas.
We are not afraid to get confrontational when we need to. But it's smarter not to commit fully to any side, especially since neither benefits us. If the North lose this election, you guys stand to face the brunt of the North's fury. Yet, as many as half of our population might be anti-north and the country could be still be divided.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by SonOfEl(m): 11:36am On Dec 24, 2014
Seempliehuman:

Tell me how Awo screwed it. Tell me.
Silly stereotype. Remember June 12? Yorubas faced the wrath of the millitary devil alone and suffered greatly. Many of our prominent citizens were killed and many more fled the country. But we didnt back down and we were "compensated". The two candidates for the 1999 Presidential election were Yorubas.
We are not afraid to get confrontational when we need to. But it's smarter not to commit fully to any side, especially since neither benefits us. If the North lose this election, you guys stand to face the brunt of the North's fury. Yet, as many as half of our population might be anti-north and the country could be still be divided.

mouth mouth mouth, thats all you folks have. Easterners voted MKO, a yoruba muslim, something yorubas can never do. Remember the inec boss then was humphrey nwosu, who conducted the freest and fairest election in nigeria's history. All these lends weight to the legitimacy and bragging rights of MKO AND HIS YORUBA KINSMEN, which saw the need for compensation in 1999
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Seempliehuman(m): 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2014
SonOfEl:

mouth mouth mouth, thats all you folks have. Easterners voted MKO, a yoruba muslim, something yorubas can never do. Remember the inec boss then was humphrey nwosu, who conducted the freest and fairest election in nigeria's history. All these lends weight to the legitimacy and bragging rights of MKO AND HIS YORUBA KINSMEN, which saw the need for compensation in 1999

What percentage of Igbos voted MKO, do you have any real stat? We got compensation because we fought for it, not because an Igbo
man was Chairman of the Electoral Commision.
And what do you mean something Yorubas could never do? After the death of Yar Adua, who led the mass movement to get Jonathan sworn in as President? And did Jonathan not win in the South West in 2011? Yorubas voted ACN on state level and voted Jonathan for President.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Seempliehuman(m): 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
what the Igbos are doing for themselves all over Nigeria, and beyond is admirable, enviable and worth emulating. But dont act like you're doing anyone a favour. The arrangement enriches only you. What sort of an economy is it if the natives/citizens are excluded. Perhaps, Igbos leaving is exactly the wake-up call we need.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/global-connection/17962-yorubas-need-new-money-2
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Adminisher: 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2015
NwaTeacher1:
Igbo's are the strength of Nigerian economy

In Rivers and Lagos the conventional view is that they are a bunch of traders who mess up your urban planning with their containers, luxurious buses, second hand everything and pay no taxes. Look at Onitsha some years back and Aba till this day, is that how liveable cities should be?.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
z

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Bashir El-rufai Blasts New York Times For Mocking Buhari's 2nd Term Bid / 2019: Ayodele Fayose Reaches Out To Labour Party For Presidential Ticket / Nigerian Troops Storm Sambisa Forest, Hunt For Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.