Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) (52334 Views)

Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell / The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit Is Not About Speaking Gibberish / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
EBK2: @ Benalvino,
There are three types of Tongues recorded in the Bible:
1. Tongues unto God (mysteries). No one, including the speaker understands it. If anyone understands them, they will no longer be mysteries.
2. Tongues unto the unbeliever (in their language) - God will only give this where it is needed as a witness to his power and grace.
3. Tongues unto believers - just like prophecy, this one has to be interpreted and has to benefit/edify the believers.

I have always been confused by this until i listened to a teaching and dug deep into the Scriptures. I will encourage you to do the same by having a deeper fellowship with the Holy Spirit.

If you are really want to know these things, spend a bit of time with the Holy Ghost and ask Him to teach you the Truth. He will reveal it to you from the Bible or send teachers across to you. Having head knowledge of the scripture is not even enough. You dont give this type of advice carelessly because the depth of relationship people have with God to a large extent is influenced by the church they attend. So coming to NL to ask people to leave a certain church does show a lot of humilty. There are some advice you dont give to anyone unless God has given you a spiritual authority over them. I believe church to attend or not to attend is one of them. God bless you!

When will you guys stop wrestling with the scriptures? In one bible verse you manage to bring out 3 types of tongues in one context?... Thank you hulkhogan keep wrestling with the scriptures
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by mko2005: 3:56pm On Jul 29, 2013
benalvino:

When will you guys stop wrestling with the scriptures? In one bible verse you manage to bring out 3 types of tongues in one context?... Thank you hulkhogan keep wrestling with the scriptures
Speaking in tongues was not mentioned in Just one bible verse.And i think you have been shown more than enough verses in the bible on the issue of speaking in tongues ! Please do not mistake speaking in tongues for Yoruba language,it may be included if you care !
Take very seriously what EBK2 has said for they are scriptural and are very clear and open for those who want to learn and not those who want to argue. If you continue to argue this,you will never see it and will never pray in the 'holy ghost'
God help us
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2013
@Benalvino
You have to look at a number scriptural refernces before you can understand these thing (not just one chapter or verse)especially when docrinal issues are concerned. Bible explains Bible.

There are Tongues are one of the 9 Gifts of the Holy Ghost. These gifts, as against Fruits of the Holy Spirit, although given, manifest every when needed.

Gift of Tongues are three:
1. Tongues unto unbelievers - as a sign to unbelievers -Act 2. Unbelievers hearing the disciples speaking their (unbelievers) own language
2. Tongue unto believers 1 Cor 12 encouraged by Paul to be spoken and interpreted when believers meet so everyone will benefit. pretty much same as Prophecy (only that Prophecy doesnt need interpretation).
3. Tongue unto God - 1 cor 14. happens when you utter mysteries. no human, demon, devils or angel understands it. Only understood by the Master Himself. We are enjoined in the Bible to speak this only when we are alone with God. No point others hearing from you what they can not understand. this is a matter of orderliness and doesnt mean you sin or God will not hear you when you speak it.

Just to let you know, these are mere divine privileges given to believers just because Jesus died and rose again. If you dont belive it, you will never have it. Much like salvation, if you dont believe it, you will not have it. Also, much like salvation, you will never have it if you want to earn it. It is what it is - a gift.
Finally, although these things are all in the bible, the Holy Spirit will never reveal it to you if you just want to win an arguement or use it as a tool to put other Christians down. There is one thing i recently realised about the Holy Ghost, He frowns at any Christian (yes God can frown at you although you are His)that puts another Christian down or makes another Christian feel worthless or unworthy etc. Why because He paid a great price.
My prayer is that He will give us the Grace to spend time with His Spirit so we can know Him. The Word of God is a eternal treasure that we can know by spending a lot of time enquiring in His presence, rather that on the pages of newspaper or TV or even NL. The best teacher and revealer is the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately, much of the Church dont know this Person and to some, He is a stranger or some misty stuff floating around. If you allow Him, He will will stand next to you you as well as fill your inner man as read the Scripture.
God bless you.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by mko2005: 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
EBK2: @Benalvino
You have to look at a number scriptural refernces before you can understand these thing (not just one chapter or verse)especially when docrinal issues are concerned. Bible explains Bible.

There are Tongues are one of the 9 Gifts of the Holy Ghost. These gifts, as against Fruits of the Holy Spirit, although given, manifest every when needed.

1. Tongues unto unbelievers - as a sign to unbelievers -Act 2. Unbelievers hearing the disciples speaking their (unbelievers) own language
2. Tongue unto believers 1 Cor 12 encouraged by Paul to be spoken and interpreted when believers meet so everyone will benefit. pretty much same as Prophecy (only that Prophecy doesnt need interpretation).
3. Tongue unto God - 1 cor 14. happens when you utter mysteries. no human, demon, devils or angel understands it. Only understood by the Master Himself. We are enjoined in the Bible to speak this only when we are alone with God. No point others hearing from you what they can not understand. this is a matter of orderliness and doesnt mean you sin or God will not hear you when you speak it.

Just to let you know, these are mere divine privileges given to believers just because Jesus died and rose again. If you dont belive it, you will never have it. Much like salvation, if you dont believe it, you will not have it. Also, much like salvation, you will never have it if you want to earn it. It is what it is - a gift.
Finally, although these things are all in the bible, the Holy Spirit will never reveal it to you if you just want to win an arguement or use it as a tool to put other Christians down. There is one thing i recently realised about the Holy Ghost, He frowns at any Christian (yes God can frown at you although you are His)that puts another Christian down or makes another Christian feel worthless or unworthy etc. Why because He paid a great price.
My prayer is that He will give us the Grace to spend time with His Spirit so we can know Him. The Word of God is a eternal treasure that we can know by spending a lot of time enquiring in His presence, rather that on the pages of newspaper or TV or even NL. The best teacher and revealer is the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately, much of the Church dont know this Person and to some, He is a stranger or some misty stuff floating around. If you allow Him, He will will stand next to you you as well as fill your inner man as read the Scripture.
God bless you.

The words above touched me and i will say you are blessed. I care to be your friend but don't know if you will want to be my friend !
God help us
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Beey(f): 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
m.k.o2005:

The words above touched me and i will say you are blessed. I care to be your friend but don't know if you will want to be my friend !
God help us
Mmmmh,what kind of friend abeg tongue grin grin grin
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by frankie22: 5:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
Let's just say that speaking in tongues have been abused by the present churches of today! Church is even like organization nowadays unlike what it ought to be!
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by csharpjava(m): 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2013
@m.k.o2005
You are blessed too and i thank God that He blessed you with the words that i wrote.
There are even lots of Old testament Scripturs regarding speaking in tongue but i dont know them by heart. i have read them. It is always good to read many chapters of the Bible (if one can, Old and New testament)and the Spirit of God will join them all together for you. It is of recent that He taught me that all stories of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation points to the birth, life, death, resurrection and second coming of Jesus. Amezing, and knowing these just put a massive rest on one's soul. Things that i used to read academically and wouldnt have a clue what and why it is even in the Bible. In all i have said, if there is anything i will ask you to take away from it: it is this: There is nothing greater in this world today than spending lots of time in God's presence (personally and in Church). It fixes a lot of things between you and God and brings a certain peace to your soul that even God's own blessing does not give, and certainly the world can never know or understand such peace!

Sure we can be friends. i dont know where you live but i live in the United Kingdom
if you are on bb, send me you pin, i will add you and we take it from there.

Coming back to what we were discussing, before Jesus went back into glory, no one spoke in tongue, even the disciples. and it doesnt mean that they were not saved. Had any of them died between the days when Jesus died and rose agian to the day of Act 2, he would still have gone to heaven because they were saved. But speaking in tongue is a clear evidence that one is saved (if someone tells me they are saved, i normally ask them 'how do you know, just to prompt them to go for more - Baptism of the Holy Spirit). it does not however mean that if one doesnt speak in tongue, one is not saved. but it will help a lot to have a clear evidence in addition to the the faith in the Word of God that you are saved. God doesnt want assumption. He wants us to be sure. He knows being sure will help us a lot in our walk with Him. I have spokent to lots of religious people (including religious christians). They have one thing in common: They are not sure where they will spend their eternity. they are all asuming here and there bla bla bla.
my experience is this: someone can be saved but still not sure whether he is saved and still dooubt it and such person will never really enjoy Jesus and will never have peace of salvation. There is a peace that come from knowing how it will all end up when one dies. It is called the peace of salvation and Jesus wants every believer to have this peace. it is a fundamental peace that destroys the fear of death.
Yes, the Spirit dwells in us and bears witness that we are saved but how can anyone know he/she has been baptised in the Holy Spirit if they done speak in tongue? No room to assume here. When you drink water, only your know it, but when you swim in water everyone that sees you will know it. Drinking water is the indwelling of the Spirit and Swimming is Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
Finally, how can anyone be effective in prayer if they dont speak in tongue. there comes a time when praying in a known language becomes boring, tiring and u are just there talking while your mind is in the kitchen or watching football etc.
Only those that have never been baptised by the Holy Spirit argues against this gift. You can never see anyone that has this gift calling it gibberish. Once you receive this gift, you dont really care what people say. they dont know/have what you know/have. Most things of the Spirit are better experienced than explained.

God bless and dont forget to send me your bb pin
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
Orobokibobo... never was a time Jesus prayed like this... I use to believe this non sense but i had to test all the spirit after i grew up... am not following something cause my pastor says so... if i believe its red and he says its blue... I will test it and confirm if it is really red or blue...
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
@benalvino
Why will Jesus pray in Tongues.
looking at the three types of Tongues:
1. He did not need to speak in other tongues (laguages - Act 2)because he was always speaking to people that understoon His language.
2. there was no need to interprete what He was saying. He was/is a fufilment to prohecies and He also prophesied
3. Dont forget that he was/is God and knows everything so there is no mysterires to Him. He spent lots of time alone with God and would often speak to hear from God even when He was in the crowd.

I have given you three scriptures you may want to study to know more but reading them is not enough. i will seriously encourage you to know the Person of the Holy Spirit, not just knowing about Him. Therein lies the treasures of life. And dont by your comments vex him. One sure way of turning God into your enemy is by vexing His Spirit. Never ridicule what He does even if you dont understand it. I wouldnt step over that mark and calling speaking in tongue nonesense (albeit ignorantly) is not something that if you were to stand face to face with Christ, He will commend you for.
All the best
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
op. that is the truth. the bible leads to the conclusion that those gifts of the spirit has stopped.
I dont think that there is any logical reason to disprove the truth at 1cor. 13:8.

the gift were transmitted by only the apostles, including Paul, by laying of their hands or during their presence. and it is logical to conclude that the gift's transmission ended with them. I think history confirmed that miracles were less heard of some years after their death.

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
JMAN05: op. that is the truth. the bible leads to the conclusion that those gifts of the spirit has stopped.
I dont think that there is any logical reason to disprove the truth at 1cor. 13:8.

the gift were transmitted by only the apostles, including Paul, by laying of their hands or during their presence. and it is logical to conclude that the gift's transmission ended with them. I think history confirmed that miracles were less heard of some years after their death.

and i have been shewed alive Cause of this...
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2013
@ JMAN05:
if the Gifts have stopped, why do people (including myself) still have them?
There are 9 gifts:
Tongues, Interpretation of tongues, prophesy, faith, healing, working of miracles, word of knowledge, word of wisdom, and discerning of spirits.
So you mean these gifts have stopped?

The Holy Spirit still gives out these gifts even today. They will cease when we unite in glory with our Master because there is not need for them.

God bless
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
Anyways, Am outa here chaps, may God richly bless you all, reveal Jesus to you and strenghten you in your inner man

2 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2013
numen:

Like someone pointed out earlier Roman 8:26 said the "groanings" cannot be uttered It means they are not audible therefore you cannot say "inaudible groanings" is the same as "speaking in tongues". Tongues = Another Language on Earth.

read through the thread, i have provide answers to these question
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 29, 2013
I am truly worried that people will be speaking in a so called tongue which in many cases does not make sense, rather than pray to GOD in a language they can understand and be truly blessed.

I will rather pray for 5 minutes with understanding than 2 hours babbling in a strange 'unknown tongue'.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by gradeA(m): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
frosbel: I am truly worried that people will be speaking in a so called tongue which in many cases does not make sense, rather than pray to GOD in a language they can understand and be truly blessed.

I will rather pray for 5 minutes with understanding than 2 hours babbling in a strange 'unknown tongue'.

gud for you
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by trolling(m): 8:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
No wonder the bible call Christianity n Catholicism Babylon, simply because they babel,they keep babelling and they call it speaking in tongues
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 9:40pm On Jul 29, 2013
bishopjoe02:

read through the thread, i have provide answers to these question

but you didnt answer anything...
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by bishopjoe02(m): 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2013
benalvino:

but you didnt answer anything...

hahahahahhah...i have told u all u nid to know.....there was nor of ur question dat i didnt answer....

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
bishopjoe02:

hahahahahhah...i have told u all u nid to know.....there was nor of ur question dat i didnt answer....

that groaning can be uttered in the form of shakanakanaka? but the verse says it cant be uttered which means it cant be uttered in the form of shakanakankana... simple
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by AyBelly: 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
benalvino: One of the "Tenets" of the Pentecostal movement is the belief in the infilling of the "Holy Spirit" with the evidence of "Speaking in Tongues" or an "Unknown Tongue". There own interpretation of this is the Spirit of God ... "The Holy Ghost" ... is speaking through them. and if the holy spirit is speaking through them how do they know what they are praying to God? they usual pray in tongues(gibberish) in Nigeria and preach in normal English or known tongue(language)

like in the youtube video hisblud posted... They will further explain that sometimes they do not know what they are saying and the those present do not know what is being said. Many times they will rely on an interpreter to explain what has been said. The Bible speaks of no such thing! Many of these believers are deceived and are not speaking in any tongue .. let alone an unknown tongue. Those who are present may become confused for all they here are sounds of "gibbering" and "jabbering". Those who sincerely believe in "speaking in tongues" believe that this is necessary for an individual to be completely saved to the "uttermost". All this "seeking" for the "Holy Ghost" takes place after being baptized in accordance with (Acts 2:38) .. in the name of Jesus for the remission of their sins. (1 Cor 14)

I: The Bible Speaks of an Unknown Tongue. (1 Cor 14:2)

A. Even then it is unknown (the language) to the individual being spoken to.

1. The speaker at times understands what he is saying but those he is speaking to .. do not. ... His understanding in unfruitful.

2. As a result, he speaks to God and he alone is edified (through understanding) ... To those present it is meaningless ... because his language is "unknown" to them.

a. What good has he done for the those he is speaking to?

b. What good had he done for himself? (1 Cor 14:4) ... (PURPOSE OF PREACHING!)

II. We Know That By "Tongue" ... Paul Has Reference To Words That Can Be Understood. (1 Cor 14:9) (1 Cor 14:14,15)

A: "Unknown Tongue" here refers to an "Unknown Language" ... to those who are listening.

1. If Paul would be praying in an "unknown tongue" ... those listening would find his pray to be meaningless ... What good would this accomplish?

B: If I were to speak in another language ... those of you who do not know that language .. would not benefit from what I had to say. (INTERPRETERS WOULD HAVE TO BE USED.)

1. If the "song leader" were to lead in songs .. in another language .. those who do not know the language .. could not be edified. (You would not understand the words.)

C: We need to determine that in praying .. in preaching .. in singing .. in teaching .. we need to do all things in "Spirit and Understanding".

1. We are not to "edify" ourselves .. but we are to "edify" one another in "Spirit and in Truth."

III. When Paul Speaks of "Unknown Tongues" .. He is Speaking of "Unknown Languages". (Glossa .. Noun.) (1 Cor 4:16-19)

A: Some here .. possibly speak two or more languages .. We could very well converse with one another in two or more languages ... We have learned them!

1. What about the rest of the congregation .. are we edifying them? NO! .. Is it right NO!

B: I try very hard to speak with words that all may understand what is being said.

1. When words come up that are difficult to pronounce .. I make every effort to speak correctly .. many times with an explanation.

2. I want everyone to hear and by hearing .. understand. ... I want men .. women .. boys .. girls to know what the Bible says .. It could change their lives.

IV. "LISTEN TO IT!" (1 Cor 14:21,22)

A: What is the purpose of Tongues? (EXPLAIN) ... Remember this!!!!

1. (1 Cor 14:27,28) ... did you understand that? (DEAF INTERPRETATION)

B: The "Unknown Tongue" is a "language" unknown to the "unlearned listeners!"

1. If there be one who speaks in an unknown tongue .. there should be with him an interpreter ...so that all could hear and understand!

2. If no one is there who can interpret ... Paul says .. "... let him keep silence in the church..."

a. There is no profit for him to speak ... for anyone but maybe oneself .. as each one should speak alone with God.

V. Let's Go Back To Our Text. .. (Acts 2:1-4)

A. Who had the "power" to speak in "Unknown Languages?" .. (Hetero Glossos) which means ... "Strange Tongues". .... Only the 12 Apostles ...

1. The Lord promised to them and them alone .. the "Baptism of the Holy Spirit."

2. One of the "resulting" signs was that they were able to speak in "Strange Tongues" (Hetero Glossos)

a. Which is "Unknown Languages" ... they were each able to speak in a "tongue" (Glossa) they had not learned .

b. Every man could "understand" in his own language (Acts 2:6-cool.

1. This was not "gibberish" .. it was the tongue in which they were born.

2. A "tongue" that the Apostles had not been taught.

B: Cornelius and his household received the "Baptism of the Holy Spirit". ... Why?

1. To show that the Gentiles had been accepted of God too ... and they spoke in "tongues" (Glossa). (Acts 10:46)

C: Then those on whom the Apostles laid their hands on received the "Holy Spirit" ... and they too spoke with strange tongues (Hetero Glossos). (Acts 19:1-7).

D: Were there others? ... The Bible is silent .. no further record anywhere!

1. Why did these men receive limited power of the 'Holy Spirit"?

2. To have the ability to go into foreign nations .. preach the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ ... without need of an interpreter.

E. How long did it last? ... Until the New Testament could be written and given to the world.

F. Paul preached that the time would come .. tongues and miraculous gifts would cease. (1 Cor 13:9,10)

a. (Jam 1:25) .. "But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed."

b. I submit to you that this ... Bible ... is perfect.

G. There are no "miraculous tongues" .. being spoken today. There is no need o such .. This word of God is truth .. for God is true. (John 3:33)

VI: What About Those Who Claim To Speak In "Unknown Tongues" Today?

A. In their :zeal" .. they over look several important "facts".

1. The "Baptism of the Holy Spirit" ... (Speaking in Tongues) ... has not been promised to them.

a. It was promised to the Apostles ... ONLY. (Acts 1:4,5)

2. Since only the Apostles could "lay their hands" on others so that they might receive the "Laying on Hands Measure" of the "Holy Spirit" ... since all the Apostles are dead .. no one could have that measure today.

3. "Speaking in Tongues" always had reference to "Speaking in Strange Languages". (Hetero Glossos)

4. "Speaking in Tongues" was for the benefit of unbelievers .. never was it intended for believers.

a. Today it is practiced in churches for the benefit of believers as a "prayer language "and an evidence of the "Holy Spirit".

b. Where is the authority? .... surely not in the Bible!

5. If the "claimants" do not know what they are saying .. those who hear do not know what is being said ... how could they expect God to be worshipped acceptably?

a. This was not the way of the first century worship or practice.

6. Those who claim to speak in "tongues" .. are not able to speak like the Apostles did on the day of Pentecost ... they have no "miraculous" gifts.

7. God does not speak directly to man today ... If anyone teaches this ... he is a false teacher and the truth is not in him.

a. "Satan" is a sly "Old Fox" ... "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walking about, seeking who he may devour." (1 Pet 5:cool

Many people have been deceived because they have not studied their Bibles. If one would only study .. diligently .. with an honest heart .. a searching mind .. they would be able to see the truth of the Gospel. Satan is alive and well and rejoicing in their unbelief. (2 Tim 2:15) Let me leave you with these words of wisdom ... "Do not depend on others to teach you what you need to learn for yourself. If you put your faith in man .. man will deceive you. Just because a preacher tells you .. that does not make it right."

(Gal 1:cool ... "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, Let him be accursed."
Oga, you've got it all wrong ooo
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2013
AyBelly:
Oga, you've got it all wrong ooo

grin cheesy grin cheesy
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Angyee(f): 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
EBK2: @Benalvino

God bless you.

Wow! You are truly blessed. Thank you for this. You've actually done 1Cor 14:6. Now for me to go do some more digging and ask the Holy Spirit for more understanding. But thank you for taking the time to teach this. God bless you.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by dragunov: 1:22am On Jul 30, 2013
funshint:
If dis' wat I'll get from dis xtain thread; then it's time to exit it 'cos it's gradually becoming satanic. Why d insult when I was only admonishing a brother?! *runs from thread
Run nigga! Run.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by biafranqueen: 4:58am On Jul 30, 2013
COOLDUN:

I am a christian who loves and believe in God almighty alone. I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and personal Savior. I also believe that i am a sinner who is living by the special grace of God almighty.

I support what you said 100%, i have traveled world wide and worshiped in many churches in the western countries and see how these people worship in truth and spirit. Though no one is free from sin, but the white people are more honest than the African Christians.

I don't believe that anyone living now can speak in tongues, speaking in tongue does never mean to repeat gibberish all in the name of speaking in tongues. The disciples of Christ were true born again and were not Christians but real children of God. They had the gift of speaking in tongues because of their movements around the world then. It gave them the opportunity to send their messages to the people whom they could not speak their languages then. When they were in a high spirit they would speak in tongues immediately they finish their preaching and speaking in tongues, the holy spirit would leave them , those people who heard their different languages would rush them to inquire from them whether they were from their places but the disciples would not be able to respond to them again, by then their message had been passed.

It was one of the miracles that won the disciples and Christ many converts, but today in just few minutes in prayers pastors and Christians would start speaking the same thing you hear from another pastors. Orobo scater, yakerrri, yamaha , suzuki , samadonki, oroborororororo, kirimamamamamam, yakarrrrrraaaa. Arrant nonsense, any language you speak, while speaking in tongues that was not heard by any memeber of the church or people around you then is a big FAKE.

They said it is heaven language, agreed but it must be heard by someone around you, whom you don't know his/her language before. You cannot speak the language and interpret it at the same time, then what is the need?

I don't go to church for any one but to worship my God, no one living will ever convince me that he/she can speak in tongues. You can talk your trash while praying or preaching to me but to believe you is optional to me.

I repeat again, no one speaks in real tongue nowadays. Take my words or leave it.
shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 30, 2013
@Angyee
May God bless you too and I thank God He has promted you to enquire of Him more from His Word. That is one sure way of knowing the Spirit is at work in a person's life. Except the Holy Spirit, nothing and no one can ever give you the desire to study this eternal treasure -His Word. And He will show you things that when everyone argues and rants, your soul will be at peace because you have been with Him. I am talking from personal experience. He desires a deeper and intimate relationship with us and I pray we will have it before each and everyone of us finishes our journey here on earth!

Please share with us if He shows you anything. We all want to know Him. That is all that counts. Every other thing is just temporary.
Thanks and God bless you
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by queenlatifa: 9:32am On Jul 30, 2013
Omexonomy: @ops. Let those pentecostal fundamentalist catch you on this tread you will regret why you open this tread e.g the poster above me
l grin;Dmao u funny o
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 30, 2013
EBK2

"if the Gifts have stopped, why do
people (including myself) still have
them?"

many will say the samething and will be surprised.

22 Many will say to me on that day,
‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your
name and in your name drive out
demons and in your name perform
many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them
plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from
me, you evildoers!’.'' matt. 7:22-23

for eg can u speak in another man's language without learning it?

the power can still come from another source.

"There are 9 gifts:
Tongues, Interpretation of tongues,
prophesy, faith, healing, working of
miracles, word of knowledge, word of
wisdom, and discerning of spirits.
So you mean these gifts have
stopped?"

a) good. are all of these gifts in ur church? not only prophesy and tongues? does ur pastor transmit any of them after baptizing people? does all of u have atleast one gift? he honest to urself.

b) of course, it has stopped. the gift came to show that God has shifted His attention to the christian congregation.

Peter showed that the prophesy of Joel has fulfilled.

16 No, this is what was spoken by the
prophet Joel:
In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my
Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will
prophesy,
your young men will
see visions,
your old men will
dream dreams.
Even on my servants, both
men and women,
I will pour out my
Spirit in those days,
and they will
prophesy.
I will show wonders in the
heavens above
and signs on the earth
below,
blood and fire and
billows of smoke." acts 2:16-19

"The Holy Spirit still gives out these
gifts even today. They will cease when
we unite in glory with our Master
because there is not need for them."

What makes u think that it will end then, when there is a historical proof that this powers reduced after their death? Were there anyone apart from the apostles who were empowered to transmit the gift?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by mappete(f): 10:24am On Jul 30, 2013
Well, just like any other religious thread, this has its fair share of people who are more concerned with being right(i.e winning an argument) than knowing the truth. If i had come across this thread 2 years ago, i would have been in doubt about this whole tongues issue, but i thank God for my current level of growth which has helped me to understand.

For those who are willing to lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness and receive with meekness the engrafted word which is able to save your souls(James 1:21), i strongly recommend this book "Tongues Beyond The Upper Room" by Kenneth.E.Haggin. All issues and questions raised on this thread have already been treated in it. Get understanding.
Remember; counsel in the heart of a man is like deep water but a man of understanding will draw it out prov 20:5.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Prophet Joshua Iginla 2023 Prophecies / Catholic Church Ozubulu Opens Again For Services After Last Sunday Massacre / US Embassy Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo Visa Denial Report. Says It's Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.