Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,988 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) (52331 Views)

Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell / The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit Is Not About Speaking Gibberish / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Solardamex(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
I urge you, my brothers and sisters: watch out for those who cause divisions and upset people's faith and go against the teaching which you have received. Keep away from them!
For those who do such things are not Serving Christ our lord, but their own appetites. By their fine words and flattering speech they deceive innocent people.
{Romans 16:17-18}

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by johndwayy(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

What builds up your faith is accepting Christ and read the bible... Speaking in tongues like the gibberish doesn't build your faith.

I'm enjoyinf this thread, very enlightening.

@benalvino,i hv two quick questions for u... pls hv u read jude v20? speaking in tongues builds up ones faith.... and what if i speak in tongues in my house, during my personal prayer time.... won't i still be edified?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
If you call yourself Christian and you are not Catholic then u are a slowpoke . There's only one and true church,the only apostolic ,God's own church it is the Catholic church ,others are soulless .Pentecostals ,protestans & co you can still b saved .

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by nevderek(m): 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
Picture this; an I.T. student wakes up someday and tells Bill Gates that he (Gates) doesn't know what works or not in microsoft. You know Gates will be looking at the young guy like someone that's high on some cheap weed.

I have a few questions for the guy who says today Christian's tongues are gibberish and they are:

1) In verse Acts 2:13, why do you think some folks called the apostles drunks when they were speaking in tongues?

2) 1 cor 14:2, why did Paul use the phrase "no one/man understands him." Plz if you care to answer, use scripture, anything outside, anything you conjure up out of your common sense is invalid.

Really read 14, open your heart to the scripture and not your just your mind, there are remarkable comments Paul made that he wouldn't had if he was only talking about being enabled by the Holy Spirit to speak German while your Ibo, or Spanish while your English.

I have my personal experiences with tongues and the Holy Spirit that I may or may not decide to share but that will depend on whether you created your post to argue or to learn.

@Cameroonpride, do yourself a big favour and shut the hell up
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by ImaBruno: 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2013
thorpido: First of all,there is nothing like pentecostal christians.It was a word coined in ignorance.
Jesus said,ye do err, not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God'(Matt 22:29)

You need to go back and re-read 1 Corinthians 14 again.You also need a teacher who can lead you right.
'Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit,especially prophecy.For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God,indeed no one understands them,they utter mysteries by the Spirit.But the one who prophecies speaks to people for their strengthening,encouraging and comfort...'(1 Cor 14-)

Indeed when a man speaks in tongues,the people do not understand him but the bible says he edifices his own spirit.Apostle Paul however said it is better to prophecy because it benefits more people.

See Apostle Paul's statement:'I speak in tongues more than all of you'(Vs 18).Why would he make such statement and even say he does it more if it was fake?
. The word 'christian' means 'christlike'in other words, if u are not christlike, u are 'satanlike'.
@OP, I don't want to call u a false teacher because I think u are a little ignorant of d word and I won't want u to mislead others cos they may not forgive u when they find themselves in hell fire, now there are pastors in hell just because they didn't believe in speaking in tongues.
The gift of speaking in tongues was given for our edification,u may not need to speak in tongues when u are ministering to someone unless there is a person with d gift of interpretaion of tongues, but you can do that when a group prayer is going on, when u are praying alone. The bible says for most times we pray amiss but when we pray in tongues d spirit of God makes intercession for us, its an heavenly language, so a canal man does not understands the things of the spirit.
Don't read d bible for arguement but try and read d bible for a deeper revelation of his word.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by frankgreat(m): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

That is exactly what I did. Speaking in tongues mean speaking in Japanese French igbo Yoruba... If you do not understand it... It is unknown to you.

When people pray In tongues kikikikakakasantaya kimokolobangara is gibberish man... Even Jesus did not pray like this.

Paul states that if you speak unknown tongue you did not share your understanding with the church but to only you and God..

because if the people can't understand you... You are talking to your self. God understand everything so you are talking to God as well. You should learn to take bible verse in context. He says if you must speak in an unknown tongue someone should interprete it. Simple.

Notice he is not talking about prayers but ministering to people...

may the God I serve bless u broda...people don't understand the meaning of speaking in an unknown language... Wch language is kikikilambaboush?

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by DgRaNdShErifF(m): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
chaloner: All I will say is that the MOD that put this on front page is naturally MAD, for the writer JUDGE urself . Pls for your safety dnt reply dis writeup
I'm afraid u've got no power to cow anyone here.
speaking in tongues is real, but should be done d right way.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by jesuspikin(m): 4:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
I NEED SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN ROMANS CH8V6
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by jesuspikin(m): 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2013
SORRY I NEED SOMEBODY TO EXPLAIN ROMANS CH8 V 26 IN RESPECT TO THIS TOPIC
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Michyeddy(f): 4:18pm On Jul 28, 2013
There are some threads that shouldn't even be commented on....y'all can argue all u want,it wnt stop this OP from believing in what he believes....all he needs is A HOLY GHOST BAPTISM

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by ImaBruno: 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: If you call yourself Christian and you are not Catholic then u are a slowpoke . There's only one and true church,the only apostolic ,God's own church it is the Catholic church ,others are soulless .Pentecostals ,protestans & co you can still b saved .
. The truth is that there is no catholic, pentecostal etc church in heaven. Anyman that accepts Jesus christ as his Lord and personal saviour and obeys his instructions will make heaven otherwise being a christian by name or a catholic without christ will land u in hell. Paul talking in d book of Acts said after teaching and preaching go back and search the word of God if my doctrines and teachings are according to the scripture, so my dear friend I will want you to do d same, go search d scriptures if ur church doctrines and teachings are according to d word of God, have been there before.
SHALLOM
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by shdemidemi(m): 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
jesuspikin: I NEED SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN ROMANS CH8V6

6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

A carnally minded person is anyone that does not believe in the gospel of Christ. On the other hand every believer has the Spirit of God deposited in them, every believer of the gospel has an assurance of eternal life and peace in this world.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by saintgwizard(m): 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
benalvino:

But is that not it is? When someone do kapasantaya kimoshangala he is speaking gibberish... Not supported in the bible simple

Ignorance has taken over your reasoning. No need aguring with you, I pray to God that one day He would open your eyes to the truth.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Emylexray(m): 4:24pm On Jul 28, 2013
clue:

Because, just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are God's ways and His thoughts too! See Isaiah 55:9
Never use your human reasoning, your intelligence and logic to question God's ways.
You will end up looking foolish
God bless you sir! I clicked like
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2013
idnoble135:
sir, Peter speaking about the Holy Spirit said, "....ye shall recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you and to your children and to all that are afar off, EVEN AS MANY AS THE LORD OUR GOD SHALL CALL." Acts 2:38-39.
Jesus speaking said, "AND THESE SIGNS SHALL FOLLOW THEM THAT BELIEVE: in my name shall cast out devils; THEY SHALL SPEAK WITH NEW TONGUES." Mark 16:15
Go study your bible sir.

1 Corinthians 14:19
But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.

1 Corinthians 14:23
So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and inquirers or unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by livebullet(m): 4:28pm On Jul 28, 2013
'gibberish' is too fine tuned... 'jargons' is more like it...

2 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by takeprofit: 4:31pm On Jul 28, 2013
when u fellowship with the Father, maybe u r singing to Him or u r speaking in praise or prayer. it sometimes gets to a point where u lack words to express urself. and u may find urself speaking words u dont understand, which nobody else will understand.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Goshen360(m): 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
Tgirl4real:

OK sir. Let me get u right, do u get interpretation when you pray in tongues.

Praying tongues NEEDS NO INTERPRETATION
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by ImaBruno: 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
There are countable testimonies of people speaking in tongues and miracles just starts taking place, 1. A couple where praying in tongues in the night and angels of God were released to hold a water tank that would have fallen on them that night, so d tank fell on d spot where they where sleeping that was after they must have gone for work in the morning, imagine if they were only praying in english language that they understand, dy would have been dead by now.
2. A church had embarked on some nights prayer and speaking in tongues and the heavens was open for them, their eyes where all opened, they could see Jesus and demons, some where taken to see hell and heaven etc. I would encourage u to read this book titled 'Baptized by blazing fire' by Pst Kim, its online.
There are many more testimonies but I want to encourage somebody that the power that was at work in the lives of Apostles of old is still at work today only if we can yearn for it.
SHALLOM
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Emylexray(m): 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
Richy.:

I know that every one is entitle to their own opinion. but i know that Kenneth Hagin is not a false teacher. the bible characters you wanted to refer to were men like you and me.

Take PAUL for instance, he was beaten, almost stoned,imprisoned for teaching what his generation called false. but i guess you can quote what Paul said in the scripture because he was not in our generation.

Now Kenneth Hagins is a false prophet because he is in our era. if Paul were to be in our generation, would you have believed his teaching.
hmm! So nice! smiley
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2013
Am back... Am amazed on how I have been criticized here... The fact is...

I want to address everyone at once again... I will use some bible analysis in doing this... Goshen360 I know you are always open to reason and I urge others to reason with me...

I use to believe in things like this. But not anymore.

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
Ima Bruno: There are countable testimonies of people speaking in tongues and miracles just starts taking place, 1. A couple where praying in tongues in the night and angels of God were released to hold a water tank that would have fallen on them that night, so d tank fell on d spot where they where sleeping that was after they must have gone for work in the morning, imagine if they were only praying in english language that they understand, dy would have been dead by now.
2. A church had embarked on some nights prayer and speaking in tongues and the heavens was open for them, their eyes where all opened, they could see Jesus and demons, some where taken to see hell and heaven etc. I would encourage u to read this book titled 'Baptized by blazing fire' by Pst Kim, its online.
There are many more testimonies but I want to encourage somebody that the power that was at work in the lives of Apostles of old is still at work today only if we can yearn for it.
SHALLOM

I think I know this movie !!!! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
takeprofit: when u fellowship with the Father, maybe u r singing to Him or u r speaking in praise or prayer. it sometimes gets to a point where u lack words to express urself. and u may find urself speaking words u dont understand, which nobody else will understand.

Romans 8:26
And in like manner the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered;

There is no mention of words u don't understand in this verse.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 4:36pm On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360:

Praying tongues NEEDS NO INTERPRETATION

Praying in tongues? If I ask you what did you ask God in you prayers can you tell me?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by MzXtacy(f): 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
Well @OP, at 1st i thought u had a point 2 prove. But After reading ur response 2 pple's comments, i had no choice than to conclude dat u're just IGNORANT. May u not experience d arrest of d holy spirt so u get convinced.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by GJames(m): 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
frankgreat: may the God I serve bless u broda...people don't understand the meaning of speaking in an unknown language... Wch language is kikikilambaboush?
You just called it an unknown language. French, Igbo, German, Yoruba, Spanish are all well known.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by nevderek(m): 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
G.James:

You just called it an unknown language. French, Igbo, German, Yoruba, Spanish are all well known.

Lool @ G.James, imagine the irony!!!!
MrBible:

But in the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue.

So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and inquirers or unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?
MrBible:

@Mr Bible, plz are you for/against the post? If in support, let me know cos I may have something to ask you in view of the 2 scriptures you quoted.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Deschil: 4:42pm On Jul 28, 2013
Dear Benalvino, I wish I could read all of your post but the little I have read has shocked me. You need a teacher to take you through the word of God. What saddens me is the boldness you have to come on here and attack a concept you obviously know NOTHING about. "...woe unto he that makes others stumble..." Luke 17:1-4. There is a thin line between contradicting the Bible and offending the Holy Spirit. I'll advice you to go God in repentance.

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Dasaintpee(m): 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
Speaking in tongues is not as difficult as you think. Life is full of ''Word and Opposite''. Everyone views A matter from different perspective. But to the person who created this thread ''Your Topic has some Hitches''. If the Gift Of The spirit was promised only to the Apostles. Why are we Christians?? And again, God's Gift is not something that occurs in only one Generation. Because if it shuld Apin only in d biblical days. Why are we Christians?? Dat means you are trying to Say God loves The Apostles then more, then what are we gaining. We are not gaining anything. And being a Son of God, you have the joy of having anything from your father. N.B God's Gift exist forever, that is why the bible is reference.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
MzXtacy: Well @OP, at 1st i thought u had a point 2 prove. But After reading ur response 2 pple's comments, i had no choice than to conclude dat u're just IGNORANT. May u not experience d arrest of d holy spirt so u get convinced.

I still dont know why am ignorant... I have explained the verses you people use to prove your gibberish in full context... While you people build a doctrine in just 2 words "unknown tongue" how can you build a doctrine with 2 words?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Ayoolapaul90(m): 4:47pm On Jul 28, 2013
@ Op & potentials Born again on this thread. Pls at times if am praying especially while worshipping God. I discovered myself singing and praying in tongues. Pls can somebody help me out. I cant confirm perhaps am speaking amist or truely doing the right worship God wanted from me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) / Prophet Joshua Iginla 2023 Prophecies / Catholic Church Ozubulu Opens Again For Services After Last Sunday Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.