Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' (24250 Views)

Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! / Olu Jacobs Vs Pete Odochie & Joke Silva Vs Liz Benson? / Genevieve And Omotola To Co-Star In A New Movie (IJE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by May45: 11:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
[quote
author=FrostyZonn]She's cash-strapped and needed some quick payday,
nothing else. Hope she wouldn't ruin the movie with bad acting.[/quote] y r u so filled up wit negative though
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by mamagee3(f): 1:01am On Jul 29, 2013
It looks like a nice movie. . .
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by delors(m): 2:16am On Jul 29, 2013
SammyT95: now i'm no more a leaner
Great!
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 29, 2013
sholay2011:
SMH. A pity you couldn't respond to my post intelligently. And all you could do was try to find mistakes from mine...indeed.

Bro, 'bolded' is the past participle of the word 'bold'. So, it's in the dictionary grin grin.

I have a therapy for you that would cure you of this online stewpeedity. Place your right hand on your chest and say after me: ' I refuse to be a fool...I refuse to sound like a fool...whether online or offline...I claim the grace of speaking sensibly and not trying to sound cynical. So help me God'.

Hope you now feel better? grin F.O.O.L!!!! grin grin

bwahahahahaha grin grin......My namesake, you have done well cool
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 29, 2013
FrostyZonn: She's cash-strapped and needed some quick payday, nothing else. Hope she wouldn't ruin the movie with bad acting.

U nor get respect and nor get sen.se
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by pscott(m): 6:37am On Jul 29, 2013
teoo:
You b mumu... Even is she nids quick cash, must u open ur dirty mouth (bagggaaa) to say such.. You nid help.
Na u mumu pass...Read your comments before posting them..Animal!!!

1 Like

Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by pscott(m): 6:43am On Jul 29, 2013
FrostyZonn: I reiterate what I said before;

and this...

Haters, read and weep!!
...but, whats your problem?
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by pscott(m): 6:54am On Jul 29, 2013
PDPwayoo:

U nor get respect and nor get sen.se
You see ur life.
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by mzkanye(f): 7:18am On Jul 29, 2013
I miss both en I can't wait!! D movie wld be dope!!!
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by maskid(m): 8:06am On Jul 29, 2013
FrostyZonn: She's cash-strapped and needed some quick payday, nothing else. Hope she wouldn't ruin the movie with bad acting.

attention seeker. abeg park well jor. u dry
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by debbydominic(f): 8:24am On Jul 29, 2013

Is that all you have to say?Why are you so judgemental?
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by debbydominic(f): 8:29am On Jul 29, 2013
sholay2011:
SMH. A pity you couldn't respond to my post intelligently. And all you could do was try to find mistakes from mine...indeed.

Bro, 'bolded' is the past participle of the word 'bold'. So, it's in the dictionary grin grin.

I have a therapy for you that would cure you of this online stewpeedity. Place your right hand on your chest and say after me: ' I refuse to be a fool...I refuse to sound like a fool...whether online or offline...I claim the grace of speaking sensibly and not trying to sound cynical. So help me God'.

Hope you now feel better? grin F.O.O.L!!!! grin grin

you got him ooo!
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by VANENON(f): 8:29am On Jul 29, 2013
I think she will do great.
If you have got it, you ve got it. Nothing takes it away, just gets better with age.

1 Like

Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by Jeffy1206(m): 8:56am On Jul 29, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Allow me to teach you some "brighter grammar" Mr English teacher. There is nothing like "bolded". That word is not real, because you will never find it in any decent dictionary. It's a made up word like Trickish. Hope you get it? Good!

My "bro" quote was applied in my comment as a sort of mockery. An average person with a limited understand of English language and it's applications would have gotten the drift, but apparently not you. Very embarrassing indeed. I'm embarrassed for you. Your comprehension skills must be very limited indeed!

You must be feeling pretty stupid right now. grin grin
der are suppose to be called inviting commas.
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by nex(m): 8:58am On Jul 29, 2013
I hope it won't be dry. The title seems a bit dry though, and it is actually "DRY". I'll watch the trailer sha.

Okay, from the little I've seen, it may have been one of those projects they set aside, but are now trying to release due to the relevance of the issue of maternal mortality, especially as it relates to child marriage. Well, I know it's not a movie I'll derive joy from watching, and I don't think there's anything new it's going to teach me, because from the trailer, they're still touching on the basics. So for me, I'll skip this.

For those who wish to gain a fair insight into maternal mortality generally, and also this whole child marriage thing in particular, it'll be a good watch.
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 29, 2013
Jeffy1206: der are suppose to be called inviting commas.
inverted commas, you mean??

2 Likes

Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by emmabowin(m): 9:15am On Jul 29, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Go pack well joor. Ain't I entitled to my own opinion? Or must I sing her praise like everyone else? Dude, this is democracy, not communist China, so shut your trap.
i ain't gat time to argue with a low-life like you.have a nice day
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by maskid(m): 9:19am On Jul 29, 2013
denzel2009:

To quote people on NL is not free, Please send N5000 to our GT account 3454443001. We will give you unlimited access to quote the front page.

LWKMD U NO SERIOUS!!!!
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by joyidarauko: 10:04am On Jul 29, 2013
Nigerian movies good one
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 29, 2013
I don't even know what you are on about, and what the the hell is "inviting commas." 'Inverted commas' is more like it. You can thank me later!
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 29, 2013
Last Shot

If your sole purpose in this thread is/was to quote me and then talk thrash beneath the quote, you are only succeeding in revealing your joblessness or character(or lack of thereof) to the rest of Nairaland.

#MyTwoKobo.

2 Likes

Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by Irohjohnpaulc(m): 11:08am On Jul 29, 2013
sholay2011:
Your comment is quite funny. Why is your 'same' bolded? Why quoting your 'bro'? Or don't you know how to make use of punctuation marks? undecided Grab a copy of 'Brighter grammar' and it would do you good instead of jumping at any opportunity like a hungry lion to tongue-lash icons like Liz Benson. Nonsense! angry
Just passing shaa
----oooO----
----(----)----
-----\--(--
------\_)-
-----------Oooo ---
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ -
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by delors(m): 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
ahahaha grin grin grin grin Who is inviting commas? Is there a parry somewhere? cheesy Na wah o. Inverted commas please.
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by Geeeee3: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
sholay2011:
Yessir, I will park well. *Gently parks SUV at a corner*. So, can you also park your motorcycle from here pls? Thanks bro. smiley
wake up dreamer for your mind now u don park abi? Oya park urself for coner make pple see space coment for thread. *** kicking my okada to move***
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by Orikinla(m): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2013
Good movie. But amateurish acting is quite obvious and poor lighting too.
The DoP is not good enough.
The Art Director is either a novice or missing in action.
The costumier is an amateur. Seems to have worked without the DoP and Art Director.
This screenplay would have been better done by Kunle Afolayan, Tunde Kelani, Tope Oshin-Ogun or Chineze Anyaene.

A good film producer knows that a good director, good Director of Photographer and Art Director are a must have to make a good movie.

Stephanie Okereke Linus should go back to film school and spend more time on film production.
One full year would do and not a crash course.
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by touchmeder: 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2013
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lizzy i missed you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much dear grin
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by joeargy: 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
Dry
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by Orikinla(m): 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
The predicament of VVF is captured in the following article on The Girl With the Leaking Vagina.

The story of the girl with the leaking vagina is not fiction, but a true life story.

The girl with the leaking vagina is not a delight to sight and you may never recognize her on the street, because she does not want to be recognized in the present state of her predicament. She wants to hide the stigma and trauma of her loathsome disease that has made her cruel husband to drive her away and to be ostracized by others who have made her an object of derision as they cringe, cover their noses and spit at the first sight of her. Nobody wants to sit, talk or walk with her on the street , except her beloved mother, the only one sharing the pains and tears of her heavy burden day and night. Her mother is the only helping her to clean and wash her smelling underwear and other clothes everyday and nurses the wound of her malodorous sore. The sore that is always oozing with pus and the nauseating odour wherever she goes and she has to be in sanitary towels 24 hours everyday and may have to do so for the rest of her miserable life on earth. This disease has left her heart broken and hopeless as she goes about in the cloak of sadness, hanging her head in sorrow while her fortunate mates and others go about in the happiness of their good health and with heads raised in mirth. But the man, her cruel husband who inflicted this curse on her does not even care about her and has since taken a new young wife to replace her within weeks of driving her away from his home. No man wants to sleep with a girl passing out urine and faeces through her vagina. But this wicked man caused the cut in her vagina during the tormenting travail of premature labour as a result of her small pelvic. And she is not the only victim. They are legions, from the northern regions down to the southern states of Nigeria.

She joins other victims like her, exchanging consolations in the agonies of the lamentations of their malodorous disease. Each one of the over 700, 000 of them shares the same mirror of horror. But help is on the way as they receive the good news announced by the health centre.
Girls and women who need help on VVF care can dial the following phone numbers: 07033346418; 08033711116 and 08036492782.
She writes down the life saving information with glints in her brown eyes and her small brown lips part in a shy smile as she looks up at the noticeboard.
I thank God that there is hope for the girl with the leaking vagina.

Note:
As at the end of October, 2011, Nigeria had about 400,000 – 800,000 women living with Vestico Vaginal Fistula (VVF), with about 20,000 new cases occurring annually. 90 per cent of these have remained largely untreated. The above figures ironically place Nigeria highest on the VVF prevalence ladder in the world. Lamenting the high prevalence of the disease in the country, the first lady of Gombe State, Hajiya Adama Dankwambo recently took practical steps toward curbing the scourge in the state.

Vesico Vaginal Fistula (VVF) or Recto vaginal fistula (RVF) are holes resulting from the breakdown in the tissue between the vaginal wall and the bladder or rectum caused by unrelieved obstructed labour. Over the years, Gombe state has remained one of the states in the federation where the number of women living with VVF is high, especially in the rural areas where majority of the infected persons are indigent and cannot afford medical treatment.

Women with VVF have overtime been treated like outcasts by society especially in the rural areas due to the nature of their condition which gives off a foul-smelling vaginal discharge.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/21517/2012/04/08/succour_vvf_patients_gombe.html?quicktabs_2=0

~ By Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima, author of Children of Heaven, Scarlet Tears of London, Bye, Bye Mugabe, In the House of Dogs and other books.

© 2012. Nigerians Report. International Digital Post Network Limited, Lagos, Nigeria. All Rights Reserved. No part of this report should be used in any format of media without the permission of the authorized copyright owners.

Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by Cathybrown: 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2013
dat small boy called fosty abi na frostyzoon need to be checked.. he is mentally incapacitated. soo thank u
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by chriskwaku: 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
liz benson . i soo love this woman.good to see her act again
Re: Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' by 1BOBO1: 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
Orikinla: Good movie. But amateurish acting is quite obvious and poor lighting too.
The DoP is not good enough.
The Art Director is either a novice or missing in action.
The costumier is an amateur. Seems to have worked without the DoP and Art Director.
This screenplay would have been better done by Kunle Afolayan, Tunde Kelani, Tope Oshin-Ogun or Chineze Anyaene.

A good film producer knows that a good director, good Director of Photographer and Art Director are a must have to make a good movie.

Stephanie Okereke Linus should go back to film school and spend more time on film production.
One full year would do and not a crash course.

Actually I have to disagree with you greatly, yes the lighting is a little off, but I think the negative colors are used to accentuate the tone of the film... And did you just say you saw amateurish acting? Oh boy, send me your demo reel make I watch na? Abi you must be a legendary actor like Liz Benson... Mtcheeeww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes / Power Outage Interrupts AMAA 2016 / BBNaija: Big Brother Naija 2019 Starts June 30th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.