Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,275 members, 7,829,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? (9490 Views)

Engine Oil Capacity For Your Vehicles / Post Pictures Of Your Vehicles Mpg(miles Per Gallon) / Where Do You Park Your Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by EnairatofroUK: 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2013
quilty cant help myself grin grin
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Policewoman(f): 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
I always park well.
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Riskymallam: 10:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
Where in the traffic code is it a crime to park with your tires not aligned straight
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by immortalcrown(m): 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
This is a vital topic. It is a lecture indeed but, only the wise ones will benefit from it.
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
not too bad
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by tellwisdom: 10:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
uboma: It irritates when I see parked vehicles with the front tyres not in a straight position, they are either turned to the right or to the left. When parking my car, I ensure that the wheel is straight. How do you park yours?

So you own a car??..Dats good smiley
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Yvete(f): 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
I park straight, but don't check the tires or turn the steering after parking. I consider myself an excellent driver anyways.
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
uboma: It irritates when I see parked vehicles with the front tyres not in a straight position, they are either turned to the right or to the left. When parking my car, I ensure that the wheel is straight. How do you park yours?

i am good at parking any way.
but ironically i parallel park better than straight parking. tongue
I think I learned something new from Sienna. I never thought there would be hydraulic pressure in the hose after the engine and therefore the hydraulic pump is switched off. I also wonder how this affects my Toyota MR2 which has an electrically powered hydraulic power steering pump.

One key reason and actually a legal requirement here but is still a prudent thing anywhere in the world is when you park on a hill.

When you parallel park on a hill and depending on if you're facing downhill or uphill then you're supposed to turn your wheels one way or the other. In case of a parking brake system then if the vehicle rolls it will get stopped by the curb, hopefully. Yeah, not so much curbing in Nigeria presently.

Now that being said I turn my wheels one way or the other as it gives me an opportunity to see if there is any fluid loss from the shocks, etc and see general going ons under the front wheel well in between my schedule maintenance schedule.

1 Like

tellwisdom:

grin
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 28, 2013
I park like an idiot.... I take up two spots and don't give a damn... grin
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
I park well, joor grin
99.9% of the time I park very close to the curb.
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by legendsilver(m): 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2013
manny4life:

I park my car VERY WELL.... The wheels are aligned straight. It's not only parking, but most drivers have bad driving habits.
I no send d parking formular, so fa I don park the car noni. grin
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by legendsilver(m): 11:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
tellwisdom:

no b bicycle dem dey talk here o!!!! Na moto, as in four big tyres not two small tiny round tyres o!!!!!!. grin

1 Like

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Originalsly: 11:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
Hmmm...you live and you learn. I park very well...need only like 20cm clearance space front and back and a minute to park a car...parallel and close to the curb.About wheel not being straight....it shouldn't be straight. If you are parking on level road or the car is facing downhill...the wheels should be turned into the curb.If you are parking and the car is facing uphill the wheels should be turned outwards...as if to drive off.The reason being if for some reason the car should roll off it will be stopped by the curb or if no curb...it will roll in a circle. If parked with wheels straight it will roll down the street and increase speed the farther it travels and that would be a disaster.Do practice turning your wheels in or out if you are parking downhill or uphill.

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Imhotep007(m): 11:42pm On Jul 28, 2013
Originalsly: Hmmm...you live and you learn. I park very well...need only like 20cm clearance space front and back and a minute to park a car...parallel and close to the curb.About wheel not being straight....it shouldn't be straight. If you are parking on level road or the car is facing downhill...the wheels should be turned into the curb.If you are parking and the car is facing uphill the wheels should be turned outwards...as if to drive off.The reason being if for some reason the car should roll off it will be stopped by the curb or if no curb...it will roll in a circle. If parked with wheels straight it will roll down the street and increase speed the farther it travels and that would be a disaster.Do practice turning your wheels in or out if you are parking downhill or uphill.

+1
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
IAMBREEZY: I park my car anyhow,i don't care what will happen to the tyre...

Boy u gt car sef?
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by eagleeye2: 11:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
Policewoman: I always park well.
Of course na.... you be policewoman
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by helphelp: 12:01am On Jul 29, 2013
@Poster follow this link and learn http://www.wikihow.com/Park-on-a-Hill
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by eagleeye2: 12:02am On Jul 29, 2013
legendsilver: no b bicycle dem dey talk here o!!!! Na moto, as in four big tyres not two small tiny round tyres o!!!!!!. grin
Eehhn now... him fit get four big tyres, but him no go get wheels..... car na car..... even if na motor mixture.
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by helphelp: 12:03am On Jul 29, 2013
It depends on where you park oga poster...

Follow this link and learn oga http://www.wikihow.com/Park-on-a-Hill

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by helphelp: 12:14am On Jul 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsD-Nf2CPU

2 Likes

Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by uboma(m): 12:19am On Jul 29, 2013
helphelp: It depends on where you park oga poster...

Follow this link and learn oga http://www.wikihow.com/Park-on-a-Hill

Thanks for providing the link. The uphill parking is well understood now but parking on a level road with the wheels not in a straight position is still something some drivers need to work on.
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by seangy4konji: 12:27am On Jul 29, 2013
Only drunk drivers will care if a car is parked with the tyres straight or not unless it is parked in your parking space...if you are not speeding,even if the driver is inexperienced with the tires turned in an angle making it look as if its going out,slow down,press your horn and move on...what concerns you with the pressure of hydraulics...are you the one paying for the servicing the car
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by seangy4konji: 12:28am On Jul 29, 2013
of* the car
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by seangy4konji: 12:30am On Jul 29, 2013
how it take concern you how i park my car with the steering turned you will tell me...
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by HisExcellencyM(m): 12:38am On Jul 29, 2013
It depend, but to me parking it that way is ok :-)
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by uboma(m): 12:41am On Jul 29, 2013
seangy4konji: Only drunk drivers will care if a car is parked with the tyres straight or not unless it is parked in your parking space...if you are not speeding,even if the driver is inexperienced with the tires turned in an angle making it look as if its going out,slow down,press your horn and move on...what concerns you with the pressure of hydraulics...are you the one paying for the servicing the car

Are u high on weed?
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by russianyuri: 12:42am On Jul 29, 2013
I park according to my mood. When I'm angry the wheels can never be straight only if theres an officer parking me. My BAD!!
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by seangy4konji: 12:46am On Jul 29, 2013
Yes...How it take concern you how i park my car if i no block your road...wetin concern you with my tire or hydraulics leak?na u deh service am?if i no sabi drive and u wan pass,press horn and i wait and you go ur way,if i jam u,insurance cover you which wont happen so wot is d matter? no concern u unless u deh look for trouble...U be womanna woman get all dat time...how old u be self
uboma:

Are u high on weed?
Re: How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles? by seangy4konji: 12:46am On Jul 29, 2013
Yes...How it take concern you how i park my car if i no block your road...wetin concern you with my tire or hydraulics leak?na u deh service am?if i no sabi drive and u wan pass,press horn and i wait and you go ur way,if i jam u,insurance cover you which wont happen so wot is d matter? no concern u unless u deh look for trouble...U be womanna woman get all dat time...f
uboma:

Are u high on weed?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buying From Copart, IAAI Or Auction Export / 6 Expressions Of A Failing Alternator / What's Your Wrong Car Painting Experience And In Which City?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.