Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Pharmacists: The Drug Experts - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pharmacists: The Drug Experts (9954 Views)

Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine / Your Experience When You Have Wicklo And The Drug You Used / The Drug Rochi,what For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by onagoodday1: 2:52am On Aug 10, 2013
thepathologist:

quack dental doctors. u should have advised him to see a dentist. that is how u guys misinform public. how would u feel if non-pharmacist open pharmacy shops.

professional dental doctor..what is wrong with advice please..enlighten us and stop hating

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 10, 2013
i look at the thread, very interesting. pharmacist keeps it up. my only reservation is internet medical or nursing or clinical pharmacy consultation. advice is better. some drugs are POM and it is only physcians that prescribe them. i have seen pharmacist selling drugs like prednisole without prescription. and in country while pharmacist prescribe for follow up there must be doctor duagnosis and and prescription. health policy is very bad in nigeria. sorry if i am wrong.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 10, 2013
adeola_drg: Didn't you see the 'you can' in his comment? It becomes the patients decision then.. U shud av gone straight to ur point and attacked the Pharmacist. Point ur hate toward another direction abeg..

thepathologist is not absolutely wrong. it is not hate. may be from his experience.
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 10, 2013
#me@:

inferiority complex at its peak. Tell me, what are u feeling like? Shame on you
why are u attacking him. i think he or she makes some point.
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by adeoladrg(m): 7:33am On Aug 10, 2013
I doubt the thepathologist guy is a doc sef.. Didn't they teach ethics in med. skul?? Well, anyone has access to google, so u can save us with the copy and paste.. What is more important is what ur Pharmacist thinks about ur condition and d drugs to use.. #shikena

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 10, 2013
Laalamed:
why are u attacking him. i think he or she makes some point.
sure, he did, but with wrong attitude. Tnx
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 10, 2013
on a good day:

mr copy cat doctor,i would have washed you thoroughly if not that this thread is meant for pharmacist,i would not like you to turn it into a an arena of hate/jabbing because that is what most doctors are known for..but let me advise you,look at your first sentence and then look at your source/link and then use your brain
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by chichi414: 10:58am On Aug 11, 2013
Firimador:Thanks very much the sign i hv be seeing since is itching although i do discharge be4 but after using some drugs it stop but the itching stuff is giving me problem.i have taken many antibiotics drugs even injection, done so many things but it nt working please i need help thanks
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Jonesjoe(m): 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
Stl waitin forr ur rreply on d best drug to tak in ma own issue.....please u people shld stop attttackin urselves nd focus on wt d thread z meant fforr
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by joshuapharm(m): 6:31pm On Aug 11, 2013
Jones joe: Stl waitin forr ur rreply on d best drug to tak in ma own issue.....please u people shld stop attttackin urselves nd focus on wt d thread z meant fforr

Sorry for that sir.. What are the symptoms u r experiencing.. U'll still need to see a good doc or a lab scientist.. U need to do a test to confirm the extent of the disease and possible damage on other organs.. Ur treatment sir, shud then depend on that.. Cheers..
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by firimador: 1:33am On Aug 12, 2013
I want to firstly appreciate you all, for your comments. I went for another important program and was not on line all this while. I am stating emphatically that everytin done in this thread is on point so far, and so for those of you that are critising, i think there is absolutely no reason for that, except for the reason of mere self expression. It should be cleared to everybody, that pharmacists are drugs experts, if you have to forget everytin, this you shouldnt. The pharmacists alone have the largest and purest volume of info concerning any drugs. Of course this is true b/c he manufactures the drugs. The manufacturer of any product knows best the purpose of that product than anyone else. Also his clinical experience gives him an edge. So he must be consulted for the use of any drug either pom or otc. Nothing is also wrong for pharmacits to administer through other routes rather than oral when it is absolutely necessary. To inform you alittle, nurses are not even lisenced to give iv, but if it is absolutely necessary no one blames her to safe life by that action, ok? The aim of this thread is to add qaulity and quantity to lifes of people in drug related needs so such comments that serve as distractions is banned. Thanks for your understanding.

4 Likes

Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 12, 2013
which antimalaria would u suggest for a doctor to prescribe for patient on antiTB drugs who develop malaria mp++. patient is still in intensive phase of RIPE regimen. your kind advice would be appreciated.
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 12, 2013
firimador: I want to firstly appreciate you all, for your comments. I went for another important program and was not on line all this while. I am stating emphatically that everytin done in this thread is on point so far, and so for those of you that are critising, i think there is absolutely no reason for that, except for the reason of mere self expression. It should be cleared to everybody, that pharmacists are drugs experts, if you have to forget everytin, this you shouldnt. The pharmacists alone have the largest and purest volume of info concerning any drugs. Of course this is true b/c he manufactures the drugs. The manufacturer of any product knows best the purpose of that product than anyone else. Also his clinical experience gives him an edge. So he must be consulted for the use of any drug either pom or otc. Nothing is also wrong for pharmacits to administer through other routes rather than oral when it is absolutely necessary. To inform you alittle, nurses are not even lisenced to give iv, but if it is absolutely necessary no one blames her to safe life by that action, ok? The aim of this thread is to add qaulity and quantity to lifes of people in drug related needs so such comments that serve as distractions is banned. Thanks for your understanding.

you are quite correct. clinical pharmacists have good knowledge of drugs. that is why i always say that pharmacists and doctors should be good friends. i think pharmacists should not be forming unholy alliance with other allied health workers in johesu. pharmacists can rock the boat in health sector. it is high time nma and psn form a strong partbership for health . i bet to disagree that nurses are not licenced to give iv drugs. in ideal setting clinical pharmacists and iv drug certified nurses can give iv drugs. i am not interested in overlap duties in health sector but basic duties doctors to make diagnosis,nurses to care for patients and pharmacists as drugs experts.
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by adeoladrg(m): 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
As men of honour..

1 Like

Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Idyllic: 1:42pm On Aug 12, 2013
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by joshuapharm(m): 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
Laalamed: which antimalaria would u suggest for a doctor to prescribe for patient on antiTB drugs who develop malaria mp++. patient is still in intensive phase of RIPE regimen. your kind advice would be appreciated.

I'd suggest sulfadoxine+pyrimethamine(Fansidar)... Cheers..
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by joshuapharm(m): 2:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
Idyllic: @Joshuapharm, please I will like to chat with you. Are you on 2go, please what is your 2go username, or any other chatting platform. I will like to chat with you.

Oops.. Okay, send me a mail.. Thank you.
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
joshuapharm:

I'd suggest sulfadoxine+pyrimethamine(Fansidar)... Cheers..

any scientific basis for the suggestion. thank for ur kind review.
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by joshuapharm(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2013
Laalamed:

any scientific basis for the suggestion. thank for ur kind review.

Kk, I'd av suggested chloroquine but for possible hepatotoxicity with INH.. So after a lot of interaction scrutiny, sulfa/pyrimethamine is d safest bet, mefloquine is anoda option, but with close monitoring.. Cheers.
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
pls doctor in the house,is Adams desire effective for weak erection
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by onagoodday1: 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
Jones joe: Stl waitin forr ur rreply on d best drug to tak in ma own issue.....please u people shld stop attttackin urselves nd focus on wt d thread z meant fforr

you shouls see a good doctor,after he has done the diagnosis and tell what is wrong with you,then the author and finisher of druhs(the pharmacist) comes in,we must know your diagnosis first....cheeers
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by onagoodday1: 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
firimador: I want to firstly appreciate you all, for your comments. I went for another important program and was not on line all this while. I am stating emphatically that everytin done in this thread is on point so far, and so for those of you that are critising, i think there is absolutely no reason for that, except for the reason of mere self expression. It should be cleared to everybody, that pharmacists are drugs experts, if you have to forget everytin, this you shouldnt. The pharmacists alone have the largest and purest volume of info concerning any drugs. Of course this is true b/c he manufactures the drugs. The manufacturer of any product knows best the purpose of that product than anyone else. Also his clinical experience gives him an edge. So he must be consulted for the use of any drug either pom or otc. Nothing is also wrong for pharmacits to administer through other routes rather than oral when it is absolutely necessary. To inform you alittle, nurses are not even lisenced to give iv, but if it is absolutely necessary no one blames her to safe life by that action, ok? The aim of this thread is to add qaulity and quantity to lifes of people in drug related needs so such comments that serve as distractions is banned. Thanks for your understanding.
God bless you one billion times...aaaamennn!!
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by onagoodday1: 3:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
Laalamed: which antimalaria would u suggest for a doctor to prescribe for patient on antiTB drugs who develop malaria mp++. patient is still in intensive phase of RIPE regimen. your kind advice would be appreciated.

depemding on the age atemether/lumefanthrin or artesunate/mefloquin....please dnt abuse......meet your local pharmacist for complete regimen
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Idyllic: 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 14, 2013
[quote author=on a good day]

depemding on the age atemether/lumefanthrin or artesunate/mefloquin....please dnt abuse......meet your local pharmacist for complete regimen[/quot

thanks.
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Jonesjoe(m): 9:28am On Aug 14, 2013
Thaanks for all your contributions so far! I met with my doctor and after asking me some questions, he concluded that it is still the staphylococcus aereaus....that i didnt take my first medication well enough as instructed. So pls pharmacists in d house, can u help me withh the best drug prescription that will kill off this bacteria and may be some other drugs that will help reduce the toxicity of the blood, in case the bacteria envaded the blood cells? Please am keenly waiting for your prescriptions so that i commence treatment immediately...........thanks
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Lerin(f): 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2013
Pls is tramaldol good to take in pregnancy. 7wks old
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by adeoladrg(m): 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
@Jones, i'm afraid, that's so not going to happen on here.. What did the doctor tell u to use after he diagnosed staph? What did he tell u to use at first that u didn't adhere to? U see, we need to know all this before we venture into saying 'do this' or 'do that'. What scan was carried out to check the extent of d disease? A CT scan, CBC or urinalysis or even x-ray? U dont diagnose staph by asking questions or better still see another doc.. We also need to know if the infection is methicillin resistant.. which makes it harder to treat.. Then ur pharmacist can come in.. Thank you sir..
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by adeoladrg(m): 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2013
@Lerin U need to speak to ur doc b4 u take tramadol.. Cos it shud be used when maternal benefit outweighs foetal risks.. Left to me. i wont tell u to use it as there are alternatives.. E ma so layo IJN..
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by usaration: 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
usaration: sir pls is there any medication for treating loss of coordination.i've had d problem for 3 years now.though i suffer from tinitus & severe hearing loss which started gradually,10yrs ago;do u think its d cause of d cordination problem.i also experiece anxiety/fear.i'm indegent,would have gone to d hospital for evaluation.pls advice me,i'm gradually loosing my life cos i've not been able to amount to anything due to this predicament even with my B.sc degree.
u havnt said anything about my post.am still waiting for a reply.thanks
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by adeoladrg(m): 12:01am On Aug 17, 2013
usaration: u havnt said anything about my post.am still waiting for a reply.thanks

Then go to the hospital for evaluation like you earlier said.. Cheers..
Re: Pharmacists: The Drug Experts by Doyensky: 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
firimador: Doyensky, postinor is a brand for the drug levonorgesterol. But i seem no to be familiar with the brand sendinor, so tell me what drug it contains and i will help you fully. Thanks.
I think its anoda brand of postinor2,its also levonorgesterol dats written on it n Wots written on d label is similar to dt of postinor, a friend wanted to buy postinor 2 nd was given sendinor so we wanted to be sure if its also effective

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Launches HIV Trust Fund (photos) / Stop Consuming Non Iodine Salt, NAFDAC Urges Nigerians / Please Help Safe My Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.