Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? (20387 Views)

3 Text Messages To Send Your Ex Girlfriend To Make Her Come Running Back To You / Guys Or Babes, Who Lose Their Virginity The Earliest? / My Girlfriend To Be Eats Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by halloween70(m): 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
Chop chop

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Alexmania: 3:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
topics such as dis should get thorough screening b4 bin posted....... Wen next u gat beta tings 2ask i'm ready 2give beta asnwers nt 4dis love enchanted rite up of urz
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Rhemmymatician(m): 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
sweetcheecks: Just do not talk about her weight whatever you do. It depresses her more than motivate her. Rather, play the reverse psych on her. Tell her that you actually realised you like big girls. And she is just perfect for you and try to convince her you mean it. You will not need to motivate her to loose weight, she will do it on her own.

Women sometimes do not like their boyfriends to point out something unattractive about them, it depresses them more than it encourages them. I think undecided
Telling her u like big girls will make her either want to keep her shape or want to get bigger. Why should she be motivated to lose weight when her lover says he likes her big huh?
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Obinoscopy(m): 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2013
Well I have several suggestions. I'll make it short and simple:

1. Be persistent; ðoñ't lose hope on her.
2. Be a little bit more closer to one of her slim friends. Make her a little jealous wink
3. Let her know the effect of Obesity on her lifespan and most esp on her future kids.

If u try all these and it doesn't work, don't still lose hope. Go ahead and marry her if u really love her, however continue trying those 3 suggestions of mine till death do you two part smiley.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by wanney: 3:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
wetin concern me
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
you gonna miss her when she`s gone!!!
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2013
Brother, find a way to make it fun. Be creative, get involved, use the "carrot" method of motivation, just find a way of making her look forward to these exercises, and changing the habits you noticed.
You have been with her for the past year, you have had more than enough time to "know" your woman!

Bottom line, it must be fun...
This is no time to be sarcastic or cynical or point fingers and make blunt statements...
If she truly is your baby, you'd catch my drift
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Stylaay(m): 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
Bro i feel ur pain i had one like that i just had to walk out on her. This girl was tall and fyn. But come see big stomach and that thing like hunch back wey some fat girls get. Her love for food was so irritating can't just imagine someone eating shawarma at 11pm before going to bed after eating dinner. For someone like myself that eats when i start feeling hungry i really found it hard to live with. She used to boast she can finish one bottle of red label, she smokes like a pac of cigarettes daily and wanted me to marry her. Some gehs sef. Went to tell her she'll be lyk if u don't like me the way i am look for someone else. I took her advice

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by crackhouse(m): 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
tell her that your love for has been eaten by rat and that you can't date someone who is too fat, then show her this apple to show that your love has been thrown to the outside world for anyone who cares to grab.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Picomon(m): 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
Tell am say u no go dey knack am apako wella if she nor change!! grin
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by devour129: 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
free2ryhme:

narrator

The OP is not married not to even talk of engage

girlfriend,wife whatever .
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by crackhaus: 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2013
DICKtator:

When you want to have sexxx with her, make sure she does the "sit-down-on-the-nail" position.As she goes up and down while tigthening her Poosie walls, she would be exercising her waist, her legs and her Arsenal. It works well.
Ensure you do this frequently!!!!!
Insist that is the position you want!!!!
Do not hit her from the back cos that would only make her "bom-bom" grow bigger!!!!!

Is this the sexuality section?
oh my!!!!!
not again!!!!!
got carried away!!!!!

okay op you know what? dump her and get that Genvieve-looking-i-wanna-smash-everynight-cos-she-makes-me-hard-all-the-time geh!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Lmao!! Evil!
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Blazinraj01(f): 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
You can simply get her a bottle of one of these products:

- Yoyo Bitters
-FIJK Flusher
-Pakurumo grin
-Osomo grin

If she uses it often, it will detoxify her system (Sugar). This will make her agile and encourage her to lose weight. Trust me wink
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by bulidasola: 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
Amoshie: I understand ur situation its not easy at all trying to help someone who is not ready to him/her self. so i suggest u start by motivating her with some few exercises dat she can do comfortably in da room like up n down, little stretches...n many more (u can google for some simple exercises) dat she can start with in d room.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Isiterere(m): 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
DICKtator:

When you want to have sexxx with her, make sure she does the "sit-down-on-the-nail" position.As she goes up and down while tigthening her Poosie walls, she would be exercising her waist, her legs and her Arsenal. It works well.
Do not hit her from the back cos that would only make her "bom-bom" grow bigger!!!!!

oh my!!!!!
not again!!!!!
got carried away!!!!!

okay op you know what? dump her and get that Genvieve-looking-i-wanna-smash-everynight-cos-she-makes-me-hard-all-the-time geh!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Seriously you're high on drug.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Isiterere(m): 4:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
Obinoscopy: Well I have several suggestions. I'll make it short and simple:

1. Be persistent; ðoñ't lose hope on her.
2. Be a little bit more closer to one of her slim friends. Make her a little jealous wink
3. Let her know the effect of Obesity on her lifespan and most esp on her future kids.

If u try all these and it doesn't work, don't still lose hope. Go ahead and marry her if u really love her, however continue trying those 3 suggestions of mine till death do you two part smiley.

You're so on point.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Jenny20(f): 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
I think for most, physical attraction is a component for a lasting relationship, although I have to admit, a good sense of humor can make someone appear more physically attractive. How sad your commitment to the relationship is based on the ability for someone else to change to meet your expectations. I think the whole point of the discussion is, how to cope with or inspire, the person you love unequivocally, to make the healthy choice to live better.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by shhhhh: 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2013
White007: What Do You Do When Your Spouse/Loved One Doesn't Exercise.

I’ve been dating someone for the last year who has been talking about losing weight and has yet to do so. I would say she is easily 40 lbs overweight.

I’ve tried working out with her with no success. She loves food and has a tendency to lay down and even nap after dinner. All she wants to do is lay down. It makes me crazy.

We’ve tried talking about it and the only thing that happens is we argue and I get disgusted. If I encourage her to join me for walks or any activity she gives up right away.

I want to see her get better because I know it will affect her health as she ages and I don’t know what to do. I care very much for her but I feel I’m fighting a losing battle.

I welcome all suggestions, please.

d best way 2 strt..is to introduce her to healthy diet...no late night food,less carbs,more vegies, then exercise.smetn indoor,like skipping,u cud do it 2geda wit music,make it fun. Bt finally it maynot work..cos she Aint interest...so my brother..jst put it in prayers grin
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by BankuTilapia: 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2013
African women r Jux lazy, they think being fat n chubby is a sign of healthy living.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by rhames(m): 4:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
tell her to fast for one week
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by sweetcheecks(f): 4:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
Rhemmymatician:
Telling her u like big girls will make her either want to keep her shape or want to get bigger. Why should she be motivated to lose weight when her lover says he likes her big huh?

I guess you are still very far from understanding the women psych. It is directly opposite to what men think.

To women being fat means being unattractive especiall at a point where your boyfriend keeps reminding you about. It only makes you feel deppressed than wanting to do something about. Ots different when your girlfriends tell you about weight gain. Its like telling a guy how he should be driving or when he is getting lost. They get deffensive, same way women do. Its impossible to explain why but we just do not want a boyfriend telling us about weight issues, rather tell my girl friend to tell me as if it comes from her.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by sportfeva(m): 4:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
This is all about mind set and belief which is very hard to change. To effect change, it takes patience and commitment. My opinion is to have a honest conversation with her, tell her the numerous health benefits for eating healthy and the negative effect for getting fatter without no check. Ensure you are capable in delivering this and make it humorous and exciting like keeping fat in ones body maybe the tummy, thigh (cellulites), arm or all over the body doesn't have any good purpose but building a little bit of muscles and it likes has many benefits and good. Tell her how much you love her for this not for selfish purpose but for mutual benefits and understanding. Always plan a eating date together where you can inquire for the healthy right food to aid in melting those fat. Also, you can use your lifestyle as a clue where directly you don't tell to lose weight and get to gym but you influence her with your lifestyle gradually. You go to gym together and eat together and when she began asking questions or want to make her choice, you just indirectly began to educate and motivate her. You allow her decision prevail at times especially when just starting. Remember, it takes patience and commitment.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Jenny20(f): 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
Op, to be sincere, i have the same problem like you.

6 months ago my boyfriend said he wanted to join a gym. He still hasn’t.

6 weeks ago he said he was going to go running. I brought him some specially designed running shoes. He hasn’t even got them out the box.

He keeps saying he will start eating healthy, low fat meals every night etc. Tonight he has gone and got his third takeaway of the week.

He gets home from work everyday, cracks open a beer and puts his feet up. He keeps making excuses not to go running, but the usual ones are hes tired, hes had a long day, just wants to relax

Now I am fed up. He had a slight belly when I met him 2 years ago, it didn’t bother me at the time. In fact I hardly noticed it. Now when I watch him get undressed I can barely look. His belly overhangs on his trousers and has practically doubled in size.

I have tried encouragement to exercise, offered to cook low fat meals for him. It never works, I just keep getting given the same false promises. I have tried nagging, telling him I am worried about his health but this just gets met with a stop telling me what to do, and he will end up arguing with me.

I have decided to just leave him to it now. Have come to the conclusion he is just plain lazy and no amount of encouragement or nagging is going to work. I went for a run/walk for an hour this morning and I feel really good for it. Never had a problem with my weight but would like to raise my fitness levels and perhaps tone up a bit. I am determined and if it means I have to do it alone then I will.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
Easy.

Just kick her to the curb. She'll definitely stop by the gym on her way to her next victim.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by free2ryhme: 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
devour129: girlfriend,wife whatever .

you dey vex ooo

nobe me do you ooo undecided
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by BankuTilapia: 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
DICKtator:

oh my!!!!!
not again!!!!!
got carried away!!!!!

grin grin grin grin

The wheel barrow position is da best, it tones da woman n gud for deep penetration cuz it meks da pussyyyyyyy more juicy like a first class road, easy to drive on.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by mgbeketoto: 5:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
There are always short-cuts to MOUNT ZION! kiss
Abi ROAD don block?
Mu Che Che Che Che Che
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
Somorin#1:
Easy.

Just kick her to the curb. She'll definitely stop by the gym on her way to her next victim.

Bro! This had me choking on my orange juice, LMAO. grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Originalsly: 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
Bro...you are not married...that's a big red flag waving in front of you. Most ladies would try their best to impress their fiancé that they xook, clean, workout, don't drink and all the good stuff but as soon as they get marry...things change.This your fiancée is lazy even to pretend that she is not lazy nor greedy. If married...do you really think she would be getting out the bed before noon? Then when up she would be on an eating rampage. Do you think you can afford to feed her? Don't uou know she would expand even greater?...and faster? People eat to live...this your fiancée is living to eat. Your choice...hmmm...growing danger.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2013
sweetcheecks: Just do not talk about her weight whatever you do. It depresses her more than motivate her. Rather, play the reverse psych on her. Tell her that you actually realised you like big girls. And she is just perfect for you and try to convince her you mean it. You will not need to motivate her to loose weight, she will do it on her own.

Women sometimes do not like their boyfriends to point out something unattractive about them, it depresses them more than it encourages them. I think undecided

Fact!....she will just withdraw..

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
You can't motivate her if she doesn't want to do the work she can't loose the way except she does it surgically.
Let her eat low Calorie meals and snack on apples, pineapples, oranges instead of chocolates etc.
Replace beef with local chicken
Have smaller portions and more soup.
Lots of fruits and salads as against fast foods and greasy meals
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
UR BABE IS A FAT PIGGY grin
DUDE U BETTER RUN RUN RUN
B4 SHE EATS U UP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Had FOUR Round Of Hot Sex Yesterday Night, And This Happens To Me.. / No Man Born Of A Woman Can Resist Me - Nigerian Lady Says (ENDOWED PHOTOS) / What Do Guys Admire In A Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.