Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

City Life Is Better Than Village Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / City Life Is Better Than Village Life (102635 Views)

9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities / If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us / Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

City Life Is Better Than Village Life by silans(m): 10:37am On May 26, 2006
can you propose on the topic which says that city life is more preffered to village life? cool
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by my2cents(m): 5:45pm On May 26, 2006
This is a matter of preference (as a matter of fact, some companies in the US ask this type of question to guage how you are likely to interact with fellow co-workers smiley), but I would have to say village life.

I would give anything for lack of air and noise pollution any day. Also, if your village is as mine, I wouldn't trade the following for the world: being able to breeze in and out virtually undetected, hospitality, peace and quiet, vegetation and oneness with nature to name a few.

1 Like

Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by Hotstepper(f): 9:30pm On May 26, 2006
2cents, which villa is dat?
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by my2cents(m): 5:10am On May 27, 2006
Hotstepper,

That villa in question is in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State grin

By the way, from the photo on your profile page, I seriously doubt you are located in nnewi. Maybe nnew-ingland, but definitely not Nnewi LOL
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by Hotstepper(f): 5:54am On May 27, 2006
hahaha@2cents,England ni kiss
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by Nosu(m): 9:20am On May 27, 2006
if u are in support of that topic, u will be need to develop the following point;

1. empolyment - availability of Industries, where graduate can work

2. Infrastructure - Good road, electricity, good water etc

3. improved standard of education with quality teachers and so on

l hope the people contributing will get serious and make meaningful contribution.
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by otokx(m): 11:06am On May 27, 2006
someone said choba as a village that houses the university of port harcourt is better than the town of warri, and he might be right cos there is high infrastructural development, almost constant electricity and absence of armed robbers. The social and religious life is very cool so it might well be.
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by LoverBwoy(m): 1:38pm On May 27, 2006
hotstepper i think u sooo love your village nnewi . the amount of times i've heard u mention Nnewi us unbelievable!!! u seem to pop up anywhere villages are mentioned  grin

Miss NNEWi  grin u bettter tell us about this your village on a new topic> travel  cool

i like a mixture of both!! not too crowdy n not too quiet  grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by silans(m): 2:04pm On May 27, 2006
i like Nosu point of view, cheesy by so doing, the student can easily write very fluntly, and good, moreso, social intaraction matters
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by Hotstepper(f): 3:14pm On May 27, 2006
@LoverBwoy, yea oo,
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by ToyM28(f): 3:43pm On May 27, 2006
[quote author=Hotstepper link=topic=13759.msg384193#msg384193 date=1148
Back to da topic, I like a lil bit of both esp. now Nnewi is a city and u can hardly get that nice villa breeze and air, lipsrsealed
[quote][/quote]

I like dis point of view. But i wld especially say dat although city life does ve its perks (such as better standard or living, education, employment etc), the village life is much more healthier. The reason i think this is that, there are no over polluted gases to slowly kill us. Also, it is much more peacefull, nature is much more apprectiated, the communications are ok (its not like its completely bad) and lastly u get the freshest and brightes ideas in villages, because thier are really no materialistic values to corrupt the mind.

Hope dis is a usefull debate!
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by silans(m): 3:55pm On May 27, 2006
Hey toym28 you hit a point, ans yeah its a useful debate
thanks
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by Hotstepper(f): 4:00pm On May 27, 2006
yes ooo, everything in da villa is fresh, food etc and nothing like mosq. to bit u, no gutters for dirty water so am loving da villa life datz why i dey for Nnewi now
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by Idekeson(m): 4:19pm On May 27, 2006
In developed countries you have a realistic choice between city and village because basic social amenities are not an issue. Your choice depends on personal issues like job preference and family.
But in developing countries, the unequal distribution or outright lack of basic amenities makes it very difficult to choose the village over the city, even when you have overwhelming personal reasons to do so.
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by Oracle(m): 1:17am On May 29, 2006
City life is definitely Better, i don't like staying at the village even for a sec.
though sometimes i have no choice but the city sure is better

Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by Hotstepper(f): 5:02am On May 29, 2006
are there still villages with such thing?
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by silans(m): 9:24am On May 29, 2006
Oracle you are right but i think what is called "DEVELOPMENT" is not in the dictionary of the villagers, village life is nothing to write home about,
just like the one below,

Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:04pm On May 29, 2006
I love my village, I was born in de village, im a villagitic grin grin, i cant wait till my pops finishes his house in the villa
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by Hotstepper(f): 1:23am On May 30, 2006
woaaa, datz a nice house with da whole plane idea
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by Nosu(m): 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2006
the truth is urbanization has does a lot harm to the human existence. why do people travel out of the city for holiday? becos the peace u find in the villa u can't get it anywhere else. u are closer to nature , man wasn't created to live outside nature, while in secondary school, l was taught ecosystem, how man depends on trees and other organisms in his environment, if u go and study carbon cycle, water cycle etc u will see what the city guys are missing.
let me put this question to u. why is it that people live longer in the villa then in the city? it is just because of the peaceful atmosphere, they hv there. just watch out very soon u will see a change in my location because l can't stay in lagos for long.
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by Ndipe(m): 8:31am On Feb 25, 2007
Having lived in the city and the country, I'd have to admit that each of them have its pros and cons. However, after living in the USA, I yearn to return back to my village and live a simple, idyllic life surrounded by relatives at the fire hearth, listening to stories, handed down from previous generation. The simple rustic life, the lush ecosystems, the friendliness of the people, the fresh air, unaffected by pollution, all makes the village an attractive place. However, the village is quiet, and stores to buy provisions are quite far away, so it is quite a challenge to go to the store, since they are far away. Also, when you live in the village, some people with little minds get jealous of you.
Re: City Life Is Better Than Village Life by mamagee3(f): 2:56am On Jan 28, 2010
They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

(1) (Reply)

Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) / How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? / Yabatech ND/HND Part Time Form For 2021/2022 Academic session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.