Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible (6063 Views)

Does The Koran Really Encourage Faithful Moslems To Kill Christians? / Is There Sign Of The End Time In The Koran? / The 5 versions of the Arabic Koran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by mahdino: 8:38pm On Aug 02, 2013
Eben 2:

I wonder how people can be so blind even when their eyes are wide open!! With all the evidences I gave above? What evidence do you have that Jesus was alive, alive, ALIVE in the heart of the earth? Or can you explain what happened at the golgotta in a better way since you are so sure he was alive, alive, ALIVE in the heart of the earth?

Ok, since you dont understand what Mat 12:39-40 is saying and you believe the words of Jesus is better than 500 and even a billion christian; let me give you (for the last time) a more vivid and clearer words of Jesus on his death: "For He shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: and they shall scourge Him, and put Him to death: and the third day He shall rise again" Luk 18:32-33; Mat 16:21; Luk 9:22; Mark 9:31; Mat 17:22-23.

He went through all these just for you and I. Halleluia! You also can experience what He gave me: peace, love and joy in the Holy Ghost.

You asked me to prove to u if jonah was alive in the golgotta. I hope u will now believe, u know people believe in what they want despite the fact they see and read in black and white. Ok , Jonah prayed in the beLly of the whale(fish). Do dead men pray? No. Brother see that is the only miracle Jesus was prepared to tell them was the miracle of Jonah for that kind of situation one is suppose to die, but if he doesn't die that is the miracle (sign). Jesus said he is going to be like Jonah, ALIVE. Now who is speaking the truth u or Jesus? He said he is going to be like Jonah and u say he is unlike Jonah?
The christian world should resolve the fabrication legends they have concocted on this mighty messenger of God.
Peace be upon u
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
mahdino:
Please brother what are u reading? Where is your mind? Can't u reason? You are reading something and u are giving it a direct opposite meaning.
Jesus said the only sign (miracle) he can give them is that of Jonah for as Jonah was 3 days and 3nights in the belly of the whale so shall the son of man be.
For 3 days and 3 nights Jonah was alive, alive, ALIVE in the belly of the whale. Jesus was alive, alive, ALIVE in the heart of the earth. Matt: 12:38-40
Jonah never die at any time during the tribulations
Jesus never die at any point during the tribulations

The problem you and your co brethen have is that you always interpret to suite your fallacious statement. Please don't misguide yourself just because you want your claim to be right.

The word of Jesus is better than the words of not only 500 but even a billion christian.

Thank God this statement came out from you.

If Jesus himself has said he is not going to die then to hell with the christian world.

Please point out the verse where Jesus said He will not die?

The words of Jesus the prophet of God is enough for us muslims

See the same word from Jesus:

Matt 26:31 "Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

What does it mean to smite?
Remember when Jesus was cruxified His desciples fled.

38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me."

Notice the bold, now those are Jesus statement Himself that comfirm the death of Jesus.

Lastly, if I charge of an offence and I try to justify myself by saying I didn't commit the offence, it doesn't hold any evidence because I won't like seeing myself to rot in jail. So I may lie!

What if my best friend says I didn't commit the offence, well because he likes me and doesn't want to see me in jail, we can say he's lying.

What if my relatives say I didn't do it, they might also lie just because they might not want to see me sent to jail.

Finally, what if my worst enemy now says I didn't commit the offence, remember he will like seeing me rotten and perished in the jail; then I'm not guity of it.

What does this signify?

Jesus said He will die, mahdino and his brethen said it's a lie.

Emusan as a best friend of Jesus said my saviour died mahdino and his brethen said it's not true.

Jesus' desciple said their master died, with the evidence that include what mahdino quoted from yet mahdino and his brethen said it's a pure lie.

Then, one of the greatest enemy of Jesus Christ was Lucian of Samosata in his book he try to mock Jesus and his followers but this provide us with a great evidence of Jesus existence and his crucifixion, “It was then that he learned the wondrous lore of the Christians, by associating with their priests and scribes in Palestine. And—how else could it be?—in a trice he made them all look like children, for he was prophet, cult-leader, head of the synagogue, and everything, all by himself. He interpreted and explained some of their books and even composed many, and they revered him as a god, made use of him as a lawgiver, and set him down as a protector, next after that other, to be sure, whom 11 they still worship, the man who was crucified in Palestine because he introduced this new cult into the world."

@bold-Samosata even recognises the remaining eleven desciples and stated it clearly Jesus was crucified.

Mahdino and his brethen what do you have to say about this?

Nobody is forcing you to accept Christian but always have it at back of your mind that Jesus died for you and I leave the story you've been told or implanted in your memory. Stop saying this is what Muslims believe about Jesus Christ it looks rediculous rather say this is what Christian claim but you can't just accept it.

Shalom!
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by mahdino: 10:00pm On Aug 02, 2013
[quote author=Emusan]
Nobody is calling Muhammad any name than a prophet who was sent by Angel.

we are not talking about religion here, we only talk about salvation of our soul.

[/quote

The Quran spoke about salvation check. Quran 2:38, 89:27-30
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by mahdino: 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
Emusan:

The problem you and your co brethen have is that you always interpret to suite your fallacious statement. Please don't misguide yourself just because you want your claim to be right.

Thank God this statement came out from you.

Please point out the verse where Jesus said He will not die?

I have been trying to explain to u that Jesus said he is going to be like Jonah for as Jonah was aliv eso I will not die. What are u seeing when u read matt 12:38-40

See the same word from Jesus:

Matt 26:31 "Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

What does it mean to smite?
Remember when Jesus was cruxified His desciples fled.

38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me."

Notice the bold, now those are Jesus statement Himself that comfirm the death of Jesus.

Lastly, if I charge of an offence and I try to justify myself by saying I didn't commit the offence, it doesn't hold any evidence because I won't like seeing myself to rot in jail. So I may lie!

What if my best friend says I didn't commit the offence, well because he likes me and doesn't want to see me in jail, we can say he's lying.

What if my relatives say I didn't do it, they might also lie just because they might not want to see me sent to jail.

Finally, what if my worst enemy now says I didn't commit the offence, remember he will like seeing me rotten and perished in the jail; then I'm not guity of it.

What does this signify?

Jesus said He will die, mahdino and his brethen said it's a lie.

Emusan as a best friend of Jesus said my saviour died mahdino and his brethen said it's not true.

Jesus' desciple said their master died, with the evidence that include what mahdino quoted from yet mahdino and his brethen said it's a pure lie.

Then, one of the greatest enemy of Jesus Christ was Lucian of Samosata in his book he try to mock Jesus and his followers but this provide us with a great evidence of Jesus existence and his crucifixion, “It was then that he learned the wondrous lore of the Christians, by associating with their priests and scribes in Palestine. And—how else could it be?—in a trice he made them all look like children, for he was prophet, cult-leader, head of the synagogue, and everything, all by himself. He interpreted and explained some of their books and even composed many, and they revered him as a god, made use of him as a lawgiver, and set him down as a protector, next after that other, to be sure, whom 11 they still worship, the man who was crucified in Palestine because he introduced this new cult into the world."

@bold-Samosata even recognises the remaining eleven desciples and stated it clearly Jesus was crucified.

Mahdino and his brethen what do you have to say about this?

Nobody is forcing you to accept Christian but always have it at back of your mind that Jesus died for you and I leave the story you've been told or implanted in your memory. Stop saying this is what Muslims believe about Jesus Christ it looks rediculous rather say this is what Christian claim but you can't just accept it.

Shalom!

Mahdino, his brethen or muslims are not saying anything except what Jesus said in matt 12: 38-40. You explain to us if u are truthful because Jesus said his miracle will be that of Jonah for as Jonah was alive so Jesus will be alive. These are not mahdino's word his brethen or the muslims. Pls stop beating around the bush clearify the miracle solve this problem first, but u are going out track quoting matt 26:31 then said he unto them... , then Jesus said to them... Pls who is speaking? Is not God nor Jesus nor matthew. Read matt9:9. If matthew was talking he will he saw me and I followed him. These are narration from a historian ur people that having been editing the bible to fit in the Roman concept of salvation. U can check history.
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Eben2: 11:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
Dear Mahdino,

I believe I have shown you enough to open your eyes but i think I should point something very simple out for you: golgota is not the place Jonah prayed but "the place of the skull" where Jesus was cruxified.

I've given you more than 4 passages of the scriptures where Jesus Himself told you in plain words the manner of His death and you still insist in your ignorance to the extent of calling where Jonah prayed Golgotta (laffs)? I can only pray for you and I will.

"Golgotta of whale" indeed!!!
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by mahdino: 6:30am On Aug 03, 2013
Eben 2: Dear Mahdino,

I believe I have shown you enough to open your eyes but i think I should point something very simple out for you: golgota is not the place Jonah prayed but "the place of the skull" where Jesus was cruxified.

I've given you more than 4 passages of the scriptures where Jesus Himself told you in plain words the manner of His death and you still insist in your ignorance to the extent of calling where Jonah prayed Golgotta (laffs)? I can only pray for you and I will.

"Golgotta of whale" indeed!!!

Thank u for the correction I did not note well, but u see I think this is a sickness out of all the biblical facts I have been talkin about, point of grave important in ur life about leaving the false peace and understand true peace by submitting yourself to God and his prophets. About the very sign (miracle) of Jesus that he said he is going to be like Jonah and the christians say he is not like Jonah. You did not see any fault in that but that of golgotta.
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 7:21am On Aug 03, 2013
mahdino:

Mahdino, his brethen or muslims are not saying anything except what Jesus said in matt 12: 38-40.

The fact is for you to hold on to this verse alone shows that you don't want to accept the truth.

You explain to us if u are truthful because Jesus said his miracle will be that of Jonah for as Jonah was alive so Jesus will be alive. These are not mahdino's word his brethen or the muslims. Pls stop beating around the bush clearify the miracle solve this problem first,

I think @Eben has explained this earlier, beside even Christians know that the death of Jesus Christ is different from ordinary human death because at Jesus death He went to grave and preach to the dead one's. Jonah prayed at the belly of the fish, Jesus preashed at the grave both happen through spiritual realm.

but u are going out track quoting matt 26:31 then said he unto them... , then Jesus said to them... Pls who is speaking? Is not God nor Jesus nor matthew. Read matt9:9. If matthew was talking he will he saw me and I followed him. These are narration from a historian ur people that having been editing the bible to fit in the Roman concept of salvation. U can check history.

Wao! You call it narration from historian; see yourself the verse you quoted isn't it also a narration from historian?

You even Made mention about Mattew 12:39 but neglecting the beginning of the verse and you later call my quoted verses a narration! did you read the first phrase of that verse 39 at all?

Matt 12:39-40 "But He answered and said unto them.........

What does the above mean? Narrator's voice or Jesus' voice? According to mahdino.

An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it but the sign of prophet Jonas: for as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly: shall the Son of man be three daysand three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH”.

The phrase "in the Heart of the Earth"..... Here Jesus didn't say He will go to heaven and then come back to die again. It means the miracle will happen in their presence which is the sign their looking for. This very verse has even nullified any argument against the death of Jesus Christ if you truly want to hear the truth.

Lastly, you boycott "Lucian of Samosata-statement" I posted above, why?
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 7:43am On Aug 03, 2013
@mahdino

You and your brethen always talk about Matt 9:9. Is like you need to learn more about ancient method of writing.

For example, this statement is from Lucian of Samosata which I posted above

"It was then that he learned the wondrous lore of the Christians,......."

The above statement was written by Samosata but see the way he composed and wrote about himself. God can't lie!

That's what happen in Bible also.

Shalom!
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 7:56am On Aug 03, 2013
mahdino:
point of grave important in ur life

If point of grave is not important, why are you fighting against Jesus went to the grave? The reason why I took my time reply all your post is because of that point of grave my brother because I don't want Jesus death to be in vain on you and me.

about leaving the false peace and understand true peace by submitting yourself to God and his prophets.

Your true peace how can I obtain it and through what? What you call false peace is what you are trying to discard all day long. The death of JESUS CHRIST

About the very sign (miracle) of Jesus that he said he is going to be like Jonah and the christians say he is not like Jonah.

Your own assumption, all Christian know that Jesus died and rose up the third day.

You did not see any fault in that but that of golgotta.

Nothing like fault, is just your own false disposition and lack of knowledge of the scriptures.

Shalom!
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by mahdino: 8:20am On Aug 04, 2013
Emusan:

The fact is for you to hold on to this verse alone shows that you don't want to accept the truth.

I think @Eben has explained this earlier, beside even Christians know that the death of Jesus Christ is different from ordinary human death because at Jesus death He went to grave and preach to the dead one's. Jonah prayed at the belly of the fish, Jesus preashed at the grave both happen through spiritual realm.

Wao! You call it narration from historian; see yourself the verse you quoted isn't it also a narration from historian?

You even Made mention about Mattew 12:39 but neglecting the beginning of the verse and you later call my quoted verses a narration! did you read the first phrase of that verse 39 at all?

Matt 12:39-40 "But He answered and said unto them.........

What does the above mean? Narrator's voice or Jesus' voice? According to mahdino.

An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it but the sign of prophet Jonas: for as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly: shall the Son of man be three daysand three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH”.

The phrase "in the Heart of the Earth"..... Here Jesus didn't say He will go to heaven and then come back to die again. It means the miracle will happen in their presence which is the sign their looking for. This very verse has even nullified any argument against the death of Jesus Christ if you truly want to hear the truth.

Lastly, you boycott "Lucian of Samosata-statement" I posted above, why?

Brother, you see the bible as a whole is mixed up with narrations from historians, u have the words of prophet and the word of God so as a whole is not the word of God. Examples of the words of the historians are the like of those verse we have been talking about matt:9:9 u don't need to be a professor, any school child can tell that it is not God, Jesus nor matthew that is talking. The word of prophet can be found in the new testament where Jesus said said ... It has been said at old times that who so ever looks up on a woman to lust after her has already commit aldultery in his heart. This u know that is Jesus that is talking not any of his diciples nor God. Pls go to the book of Isaiah u will see ... U shall not worship anything beside me cos I your lord is a jealous God. This u know that Isaiah is not telling peopl to worship him its God that is talking.

We believe even matt: 12:39 its a narration but is a fact cos its correspond with an outer source and that is how u cross examine facts.

Do u know that now in the revised standard version backed 50 coperatin denomination with 32 christian scholars of the highest eminence has thrown out the verses that Jesus asended to heaven and the word begotten.

The verse for as jonah was alive in the belly of the whale so shall the son of man be in the heart of the earth means he will be alive in the tomb. Not dead for three days and go to hell.
I did not mention the statement luciana of samosata because like I have said the words of Jesus is better than the words of billion professors, kings or servants. We believe he is one of the mighty messengers of God so he can not lie or change his promise, if he had said he is not going to die then what right would someone has to pronounce him dead.
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2013
mahdino:
We believe even matt: 12:39 its a narration but is a fact cos its correspond with an outer source and that is how u cross examine facts.

You disappointed me with this your statement. So Muslim believe is a work of narration only a fact from Jesus while the rest of narrations are lies and not fact.

You know what you want....keep deluding yourself.

The verse for as jonah was alive in the belly of the whale so shall the son of man be in the heart of the earth means he will be alive in the tomb. Not dead for three days and go to hell.

How did Jesus roll the great stone of the tomb?

Even for you to believe that Jesus was put in the tomb shows that you don't know what you're saying.

How can they put someone who was not nailed to the cross in a tomb?

Do they catch Jesus alive and put Him in the tomb(like bruried alive)? What can I call this self?

I did not mention the statement luciana of samosata because like I have said the words of Jesus is better than the words of billion professors, kings or servants.

Remember samosata is not a Christian so he can't bear a good record of Christian, in his statement he try to mock christians but it's a great evidence that Jesus exists and crucified.

See many words of Jesus you ignored but hold on to only one just to justify your falsehood religion.

John 14:6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:15 if ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 15:22 if I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

John 4:24 God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Mathew 17:9 and as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 17 Therefor doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. Who is the truth? Jesus!(John 14: 6 above) 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; naither came I of myself, but He sent me.

John 8:23-24 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath(Earth); I am from above(Heaven): Ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefor unto you, that ye shall die in your sins; for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
And many more of His words

I know you will still claim that they're narrators voice but anything that will make you accept Matt 12:39-40 you should also accept all this verses unelse you're an hypocrite.

We believe he is one of the mighty messengers of God so he can not lie or change his promise, if he had said he is not going to die then what right would someone has to pronounce him dead.

I so much love the bold, now that you know Jesus can't lie or change his promise; how did you see all those quoted verses above?

I told you stop this brainwash of yours it looks rideculous "we(Muslim) believe......" hmm!

Jesus said He is the Son of God, you said no we believe He's a messanger of God.

Jesus said He will die and rise third day, you said no; We believe He didn't die but was taken to heaven

Is it the word of Jesus you should believe or what Muslim believe about Him after you know Jesus can't lie?

Muslims believe Jesus was taken to heaven, is it Jesus who proceeded out from God and return to heaven you should believe or Muhammad who only received message from Allah, died, buried in the grave, and didn't rise?
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by mahdino: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2013
Emusan:

You disappointed me with this your statement. So Muslim believe is a work of narration only a fact from Jesus while the rest of narrations are lies and not fact.

You know what you want....keep deluding yourself.

How did Jesus roll the great stone of the tomb?

Even for you to believe that Jesus was put in the tomb shows that you don't know what you're saying.

How can they put someone who was not nailed to the cross in a tomb?

Do they catch Jesus alive and put Him in the tomb(like bruried alive)? What can I call this self?

Remember samosata is not a Christian so he can't bear a good record of Christian, in his statement he try to mock christians but it's a great evidence that Jesus exists and crucified.

See many words of Jesus you ignored but hold on to only one just to justify your falsehood religion.

John 14:6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:15 if ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 15:22 if I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

John 4:24 God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Mathew 17:9 and as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 17 Therefor doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. Who is the truth? Jesus!(John 14: 6 above) 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; naither came I of myself, but He sent me.

John 8:23-24 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath(Earth); I am from above(Heaven): Ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefor unto you, that ye shall die in your sins; for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
And many more of His words

I know you will still claim that they're narrators voice but anything that will make you accept Matt 12:39-40 you should also accept all this verses unelse you're an hypocrite.

I so much love the bold, now that you know Jesus can't lie or change his promise; how did you see all those quoted verses above?

I told you stop this brainwash of yours it looks rideculous "we(Muslim) believe......" hmm!

Jesus said He is the Son of God, you said no we believe He's a messanger of God.

Jesus said He will die and rise third day, you said no; We believe He didn't die but was taken to heaven

Is it the word of Jesus you should believe or what Muslim believe about Him after you know Jesus can't li
e?

Muslims believe Jesus was taken to heaven, is it Jesus who proceeded out from God and return to heaven you should believe or Muhammad who only received message from Allah, died, buried in the grave, and didn't rise?

U see all of this explanation and log stories will not solve the issue u are just arguing without reason pls don't look at it as if one is trying to score points.
You as a christian explain to us matt: 12:38-40 Jesue said he is going to be like Jonah that he will not die for three days and three nights. I did not put this verse in the bible. Pls u as a scholar simply explain to us. Pls pls pls go staight to the point and explain to us. How is Jesus like Jonah?
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2013
@Eben and emusan
you see, i have come to realise the problems of you two as well as some other christians in nairaland. When someone quotes a verse in the bible that says 1+1=x..instead of accepting is, you go ahead to bring another verse where it says 1+1=y....if y is not = x, then both statements cant be correct......now back to the topic....both of you have quoted verses which you claim that he was dead in the 3days and 3nights....equally mahdinho also brought a verse from the bible which is even a direct statement from jesus(pbuh) that his sign will be that of jonnah and we all know jonnah wasnt dead in the belly of the whale.....in a book of God, we shouldnt see contadictions like this...both of you bringing your verses to prove that he died doesnt erase the prophesy of jesus (pbuh):....if you choose that he died, then it means you are saying that jesus's prophecy was wrong and we both know he cant lie....the if you choose that he didnt die, then that means attaining salvation by john 3:16 becomes false which removes the whole concept of christianity......and either way, if you choose one, it means the bible wasnt inspired by God since it has faults...God isnt a God of confussion and God's work is perfect, wether it was done through a prophet or a human, there is stil that uniqueness which is ITS PERFECT....every religion accepts this simple fact...so my dear emusan and eben..i leave you both to make your choice.....
@mahdinho
may Allah reward you for constantly trying to show them the truth...the reason i dnt reply them when they demanded for the verses of salvation is that they would only make ridicle of it, and it would derail the topic..i wasnted them to stay focussed on the topic at hand

1 Like

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2013
udatso: @Eben and emusan
now back to the topic....both of you have quoted verses which you claim that he was dead in the 3days and 3nights....
Yes you're right

equally mahdinho also brought a verse from the bible which is even a direct statement from jesus(pbuh)

But also ignoring the rest of statement by same Jesus.

that his sign will be that of jonah and we all know jonah wasn't dead in the belly of the whale

You're lying sir @bold.

in a book of God, we shouldnt see contradictions like this

No contradiction at all, just misunderstanding of the scriptures.

both of you bringing your verses to prove that he died doesn't erase the prophesy of jesus (pbuh);

Never never He's word remain the only one that is true.

if you choose that he died, then it means you are saying that jesus's prophecy was wrong and we both know he can't lie

Anytime I'm discusing Bible with a Muslim I always like us to reach this point before I show you the real mistake that your Elders make to believe Jesus never died.

the if you choose that he didn't die, then that means attaining salvation by john 3:16 becomes false which removes the whole concept of christianity

For sure Jesus died because before He was born it has been prophesied both His birth and death.

and either way, if you choose one, it means the bible wasn't inspired by God since it has faults

Bible is the word of God. Thank God you even know that.

God isn't a God of confussion and God's work is perfect, wether it was done through a prophet or a human, there is stil that uniqueness which is ITS PERFECT....every religion accepts this simple fact...so my dear emusan and eben..i leave you both to make your choice

Wao... Thanks again for this God's attribute you mention "God is perfect"

Now let me tell you this and if you can open your heart to receive this truth you will know Muslim scholars made a great mistake to try to claim Jesus didn't died and choose a verse to support their false claim.

This is the real story of Jonah's miracle inwhich Jesus made reference to.

Jonah 2:1-2 Then Jonah prayed unto the Lord his God out of the fish's belly,
2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

@bold this phrase occur "and he heard me; out of the belly of HELL cried I"

Hell in Hebrew language was translated from the word SHEOL which means a place usually refers to a world of the DEAD with this in that verse 2 of that Jonah, it really shows that Jonah did die only that God's grace was upon him.

Stop taking one verse from Bible, study the whole scripture verse by verse and draw your conclusion.

Now according to Udatso and co brethen, if God can't lie, perfect and inspired Bible.

If Jesus died for you and me. Do you still need to believe another name again?

God have mercy on us all!

Shalom....
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 5:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
mahdino:

U see all of this explanation and log stories will not solve the issue u are just arguing without reason pls don't look at it as if one is trying to score points.
You as a christian explain to us matt: 12:38-40 Jesue said he is going to be like Jonah that he will not die for three days and three nights. I did not put this verse in the bible. Pls u as a scholar simply explain to us. Pls pls pls go staight to the point and explain to us. How is Jesus like Jonah?

See my reply to @Udatso above.

I dare you come and refute that point. Seek salvation where the real salvation is.

And stop teaching those children that Jesus didn't die since you've know the truth now.

Shalom!
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 3:10am On Aug 05, 2013
let me quickly correct some few mistakes in your speech...please and please, i dont believe the bible to be the word of God..it may contain words that can be said to be words of God but as a whole, it isnt the word of God....thats my belief and am sorry if it hurts your feelings...secondly, am going to correct your misinterpretattation of the verse....like you said, we shouldnt quite just some parts of the bible and ignore others and when you tried to justify your claim from your quotations, you only quoted the part that suits you and stopped, now let me quicly quote the part that doesnt suit you
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 3:26am On Aug 05, 2013
Jonah prayed to the LORD his God from the stomach of the fish and said, “I called out to the LORD from my distress, and he answered me; from the belly of
Sheol I cried out for help, and you heard my prayer. You threw me into the deep waters, into the middle of the sea; the
ocean current engulfed me; all the
mighty waves you sent swept over me. I thought I had been banished from your sight, that I would never again see your
holy temple! Water engulfed me up to my neck; the deep ocean surrounded me; seaweed was wrapped around my head. I went down to the very bottoms
of the mountains; the gates of the
netherworld barred me in forever; but you brought me up from the Pit, O LORD, my God.WHEN MY LIFE WAS EBBING AWAY, I CALLED OUT TO THE LORD, AND MY PRAYER CAME TO YOUR HOLY TEMPLE. Those who worship worthless idols forfeit the mercy that could be theirs. But as for me, I promise to offer a sacrifice to you with
a public declaration of praise; I will surely do what I have promised. Salvation belongs to the LORD!” Then the LORD commanded the fish and it disgorged Jonah on dry land.
( Jon 2:1-10 NET). Equally we have a similar account in the book of psalm:
WHEN HIS OUL WAS ABOUT TO SINK INTO THE NIGHT OF DEATH, he
thought of Jehovah in prayer, and his prayer reached to God in His holy temple, where Jehovah is enthroned as God and King of His people (Psalm 18:7; Psalm 88:3).
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 3:40am On Aug 05, 2013
from this verses..it is clear that jonnah made his prayer when he was not dead yet or we can equally say, when he was about to die or when he was dying but the fact remains, he wasnt dead when he made the prayer..so my dear, if he wasnt dead as at d time of prayer, then he was alive...am coming to your second point of SHEOL
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 4:36am On Aug 05, 2013
sheol was used figuratively...if i just told you this, you would av argued with me that i do not understand the bible so i went ahead to get the explanation from people who know the bible..try these 1.m.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/jamieson-fausset-brown/jonah/jonah-2.html out of the belly of hell--Sheol, the unseen world, which the belly of the fish resembled.
2.In verse 2, Jonah prays, "Out of the belly of
Sheol I cried for help." The King James
Version translates Sheol as "hell." This is a
confusing verse for many given the common
misconception that Sheol is a place of the
dead in the spirit realm. However, the
Hebrew word literally means "grave" or "pit."
People become confused because they
attach to death the pagan concept of going
to heaven or hell, a teaching that the Bible
never supports. Hence, the idea that Sheol
can mean the netherworld. It must be noted
that "nowhere in the O[ld] T[estament] is
Sheol described as a place of torment or
punishment for the wicked. At most it is a
place of confinement away from the land of
the living.... Not until the Hellenistic era (after
333 B.C.) was Sheol (Hades) conceived of as
compartmentalized, with places of torment
and comfort" (International Standard Bible
Encyclopedia, "Sheol"wink. Thus, the creature in
which Jonah lay was, in essence, a tomb—a
watery grave. bible.ucg.org/bible-commentary/Jonah/Jonah's-prayer,-his-deliverance-and-the-fulfillment-of-his-commission%3B-Jonah's-anger-at-God's-mercy-on-Nineveh/default.aspx
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 7:05am On Aug 05, 2013
No problem what ever you believe about Bible

udatso:

from this verses..it is clear that jonnah made his prayer when he was not dead yet or we can equally say, when he was about to die or when he was dying but the fact remains, he wasnt dead when he made the prayer

What does this Phrase signify "...out of the belly of HELL cried I"?

Remeber Jonah comfirmed it himself to be sure that he cried from "grave" SHEOL no assumption as you put it up stop coming with assumption. That's another way to twist the truth.

so my dear, if he wasn't dead as at d time of prayer, then he was alive...am coming to your second point of SHEOL

Jonah died stop perambulating and accept the truth. Jonah's statement is true Like Jesus' statement.

If you claim Jonah didn't die according to that verse 2 you're a real hypocrite.

Like I told Mahdino nobody is forcing you to accept Christ but just agree the way Christian preach the truth of their Book. If a Christian quote a verse from Quran, Muslim will say they don't understand it that's why they interpreted it that way. Likewise Christian if you really want to get the real clue of Bible's meaning pray for the descendant of Holyspirit.

Like Mahdino he claimed Jesus was put in a tomb, I asked him is it possible to put someone who didn't die in a tomb(as to bury alive)? He couldn't answer.

On SHEOL......translated HELL is a place of dead but you said is a GRAVE, see the meaning of grave:

A place of burial for a dead body, typically a hole dug in the ground and marked by a stone or mound

a. An excavation for the interment of a corpse.
b. A place of burial. 2. Death or extinction:

if you have any meaning aside this to grave let me know.

NOTE: in hebrew is simply means place of dead no other meaning.

But the truth is Jesus fully aware that Jonah died and was brought back to life by God's grace.

Shalom!
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 9:09am On Aug 05, 2013
emusan..why are you behaving like this....i made two points about sheol and jonahs prayer while his life was 'ebbing away'..u only responded to sheol..so i take it you have no reply for the other one so you have to believe that he was alive while in the belly of the great fish...i am the one asking you to believe me but believe your bible....giving meanings to the bible is something i wont do....if you observed my links i gave where all from bible commentaries online....it wasnnt done by muslims, it was done by christians who are scholars of the bible.....now back to sheol....if i gave you my own bible dictionary here with the page number, you would call me a liar..so i gave you something online and you still wont believe....what type of person are you...?Sheol is found in the Bible sixty-five times. It
is translated “the pit” three times, “the
grave” thirty-one times, and “hell” thirty-one times. Hades is used eleven times, being rendered “hell” ten times and “grave” once.
Adding to the confusion is that two other words are also translated hell in the New
Testament. These are Tartarus, which is found once and Gehenna, which is used twelve times.
The simple way to solve this objection is to examine the use of the word "hell" throughout the Bible. In the Old Testament,
"hell" is always translated from the Hebrew word sheol, which means simply "the unseen state.” (See Young's Analytical
Concordance.) The idea of fire or
punishment is not found in the word. We read, "Then Jonah prayed unto the Lord his
God out of the fish's belly. . . . out of the belly of hell [sheol] cried I" Jonah 2:1,2. It would be difficult to imagine anything akin to fire
in connection with a cold sea monster. The marginal reading of this text gives "the grave" as the translation of hell, or sheol.
Sheol is very frequently translated "grave." Both good and bad go there. "What man is he that lives, and shall not see death? Shall
he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave [sheol]?" Ps. 89:48. The godly man job said, "If 1 wait, the grave [sheol] is mine
house." job 17:13. The psalmist wrote,” The wicked shall be turned into hell [sheol]." Ps. 9:17. www.helltruth.com/q-a/angels-cast-down-to-hell.aspx
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 9:45am On Aug 05, 2013
please refer to the link to see other meanings of sheol beside grave and the verses. So my dear esan, its up to you to chose one and ignore the other, either way, its a diificult choice to make. No mata how hard you try, if you prove shoel to mean he died , then what happens to the other verse where he prayed while he was silt alive...atleast eben knew when to back off with dignity than trying to turn a spade into shovel...i invite you to islam the only faith accepted in the sight of Allah. I leave you with the saying of Allah: And say: Truth hath come and falsehood
hath vanished away. Lo! falsehood is ever
bound to vanish. Quran 17::81

1 Like

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
udatso:
emusan..why are you behaving like this....i made two points about sheol and jonahs prayer while his life was 'ebbing away'..u only responded to sheol..so i take it you have no reply for the other one

The sheol and Jonah's point are the same that's why I answered that way.

so you have to believe that he was alive while in the belly of the great fish

No! He wasn't alive get your fact from Jonah's statement "out of the belly of HELL cried I"

What is Hell? Hell(sheol) is place of dead used throughtout the OT.

i am the one asking you to believe me but believe your bible....giving meanings to the bible is something i wont do....if you observed my links i gave where all from bible commentaries online....it wasnnt done by muslims, it was done by christians who are scholars of the bible

I know but grave in hebrew used in Old Testament through out was translated from the word Sheol meaning a place of dead no other meaning. You know some bodies have interpret Bible to suit their selfish interest that's why I don't quote any word partent to Bible from web I use Bible as Spirit leadth.

now back to sheol....if i gave you my own bible dictionary here with the page number, you would call me a liar..so i gave you something online and you still wont believe....what type of person are you...?

Well bring it up but any where you found Sheol in the OT refers to a place of dead.

Sheol is found in the Bible sixty-five times. It
is translated “the pit” three times, “the
grave” thirty-one times, and “hell” thirty-one times. Hades is used eleven times, being rendered “hell” ten times and “grave” once.
Adding to the confusion is that two other words are also translated hell in the New
Testament. These are Tartarus, which is found once and Gehenna, which is used twelve times.
The simple way to solve this objection is to examine the use of the word "hell" throughout the Bible. In the Old Testament,
"hell" is always translated from the Hebrew word sheol, which means simply "the unseen state.”

The unseen state? Is a liar Mr Udatso. No other meaning to sheol used in OT than place of the dead.

We read, "Then Jonah prayed unto the Lord his
God out of the fish's belly. . . . out of the belly of hell [sheol] cried I" Jonah 2:1-2.

"Out of the belly of (the dead) sheol cried I" no other translation.

It would be difficult to imagine anything akin to fire
in connection with a cold sea monster.

This is where you miss it, I said throughout the OT sheol(HELL) was used as place of the dead not a burning fire. Hmmmm!

The marginal reading of this text gives "the grave" as the translation of hell, or sheol.
Sheol is very frequently translated "grave." Both good and bad go there.

This is where you short yourself, again HELL (sheol) in the OT translated "the place of the dead" throughout then will Jonah's Hell excluded?

"What man is he that lives, and shall not see death? Shall
he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave [sheol]?" Ps. 89:48. The godly man job said, "If 1 wait, the grave [sheol] is mine
house." job 17:13. The psalmist wrote,” The wicked shall be turned into hell [sheol]." Ps. 9:17. www.helltruth.com/q-a/angels-cast-down-to-hell.aspx

Again HELL (sheol) in the OT used thourghout is a place of the dead will Jonah's hell different?

With all the verses you quoted just add the real meaning to my point.

NOTE: Hell used in OT was translated from sheol "a place of the dead" throughout the Old Testament, it is NT that you will find only different meaning to HELL.

Jesus couldn't make the mistake of comparing His death with Jonah's miracle. Jesus quite knew Jonah died but was brought forth from his dead place by the grace of God.

Mr. Udatso is it clear now?
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 9:56pm On Aug 05, 2013
I was ban without any offence for my post above, I would've replied your post.

udatso:
please refer to the link to see other meanings of sheol beside grave and the verses.
The best place to see the true meaning of the word SHEOL is King James Bible-KJ was original tranlation of Bible's word. Get a King James open the back and check Bible Dictionatry you'll see the real meaning of HELL there not what people have interpreted to suit their selfish interest. And if you search this on google "meaning of Sheol in hebrew or get Hebrew dictiontionary" I believe you will see the real answer rather than someone's interpretation (only if you're seaking for the truth sha)

So my dear esan, its up to you to chose one and ignore the other, either way, its a diificult choice to make. No mata how hard you try, if you prove shoel to mean he died, then what happens to the other verse where he prayed while he was silt alive
All the prayers of Jonah was rendered in HELL He never alive. Even in a norm-sense is it possible for a man to pass through such conditions and still alive? Most Sceptic have used Jonah's story to counter Bible for unscientific accuracy that it's not possible for Jonah to survive they concluded it's a cook up story without study and understand the real message in that Book. Though some Christians Elders accept that Jonah was alive in the belly of fish when people are not well familiar with Hebrew Dictionary. but with the help of hebrew dictionary and Holyspirit Bible begins to get clearer to people.

atleast eben knew when to back off with dignity than trying to turn a spade into shovel
When you and your co keep perambulating in one place he rest is case not because of what you think.

i invite you to islam the only faith accepted in the sight of Allah. I leave you with the saying of Allah: And say: Truth hath come and falsehood
hath vanished away. Lo! falsehood is ever
bound to vanish. Quran 17::81

Well you're welcome Mr. Udatso but Jesus who has found my life, Who I can feel His presence of being alive through Holyspirit, who speak with me everyday can't allow that.

Jesus is still alive I can testify and boast on that with the help of the HOLYGHOST.

Shalom!
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by mahdino: 11:19pm On Aug 05, 2013
Emusan: I was ban without any offence for my post above, I would've replied your post.

The best place to see the true meaning of the word SHEOL is King James Bible-KJ was original tranlation of Bible's word. Get a King James open the back and check Bible Dictionatry you'll see the real meaning of HELL there not what people have interpreted to suit their selfish interest. And if you search this on google "meaning of Sheol in hebrew or get Hebrew dictiontionary" I believe you will see the real answer rather than someone's interpretation (only if you're seaking for the truth sha)

All the prayers of Jonah was rendered in HELL He never alive. Even in a norm-sense is it possible for a man to pass through such conditions and still alive? Most Sceptic have used Jonah's story to counter Bible for unscientific accuracy that it's not possible for Jonah to survive they concluded it's a cook up story without study and understand the real message in that Book. Though some Christians Elders accept that Jonah was alive in the belly of fish when people are not well familiar with Hebrew Dictionary. but with the help of hebrew dictionary and Holyspirit Bible begins to get clearer to people.

When you and your co keep perambulating in one place he rest is case not because of what you think.

Well you're welcome Mr. Udatso but Jesus who has found my life, Who I can feel His presence of being alive through Holyspirit, who speak with me everyday can't allow that.

Jesus is still alive I can testify and boast on that with the help of the HOLYGHOST.

Shalom!

Brother how are u doing, I hope fine? I have been very busy. Just checked in for some mins. I saw wher u said that u asked me why should life body be but in a tomb cos is like a grave.
I did not know u don't know how the tomb of Jesus is.
The tomb is not like the grave because is a big roomy chamber belonging Joseph of Arimathe a very rich influential Jew who can afford to cutve out of a rock 5ft wide,7ft high 15ft deep with a vegetable around one can stay there comfortably without dying.
Udatso, has taken time to explain to u like a teacher and a school child, but u still go ahead to say that he has not got the spirit, then who has got the spirit among the christiandom all the churches and denomination are going in different direction and still claim they have the spirit.
What is the spirit doing to u that u can't understand simple explanations?
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 12:08am On Aug 06, 2013
mahdino:

Brother how are u doing, I hope fine?

I'm fine by God's grace and you?

I have been very busy. Just checked in for some mins.

Eayahhhh, hope isn't too hectic?

I saw wher u said that u asked me why should life body be but in a tomb cos is like a grave.

No isn't like a grave, it is a grave indeed.

I did not know u don't know how the tomb of Jesus is.

I know a, it a sepulchre

The tomb is not like the grave because is a big roomy chamber belonging Joseph of Arimathe a very rich influential Jew who can afford to cutve out of a rock 5ft wide,7ft high 15ft deep with a vegetable around one can stay there comfortably without dying.

Once you believe the scripture about Joseph an Arimathaea then you should also believe it these:
Matt 27:64-66 "Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away,and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.
65 Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can.
66 So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch.

In verse 66 it was even the pharisees that employed those guards.

And with the discriptions of the Bible it shows that the sepuchre was far to the main city.

Udatso, has taken time to explain to u like a teacher and a school child, but u still go ahead to say that he has not got the spirit,

Is it by twisting HELL(sheol) the place of the dead to another thing? Remember you ask me to prove to you ealier why the Jesus' statement was not the same as Jonah's miracle. When I finally show it udatso begin to twist the word sheol. You also you can't get hebrew dictionary of King James version to see the real meaning of Hell used in the Old Testament. If you or udatso present this from either of the two and is different I will welcom your point.

then who has got the spirit among the christiandom all the churches and denomination are going in different direction and still claim they have the spirit.

Many mystery about God, Jesus, and Christian is over the world today but see what the Bible says;

1 Corin 3:10-13 10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

So the foundation has been laid even for people that misinterpreted the Bible and every man's work shall be tested by fire.
2Corin 2:17 "For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ."

What is the spirit doing to u that u can't understand simple explanations?

Just provide me with the real meaning of sheol from hebrew dictionary or KJ Bible dictionary if you truely know that God hates lie.
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by mahdino: 9:30am On Aug 06, 2013
Emusan:

I'm fine by God's grace and you?

Eayahhhh, hope isn't too hectic?

No isn't like a grave, it is a grave indeed.

I know a, it a sepulchre

Once you believe the scripture about Joseph an Arimathaea then you should also believe it these:
Matt 27:64-66 "Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away,and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.
65 Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can.
66 So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch.

In verse 66 it was even the pharisees that employed those guards.

And with the discriptions of the Bible it shows that the sepuchre was far to the main city.

Is it by twisting HELL(sheol) the place of the dead to another thing? Remember you ask me to prove to you ealier why the Jesus' statement was not the same as Jonah's miracle. When I finally show it udatso begin to twist the word sheol. You also you can't get hebrew dictionary of King James version to see the real meaning of Hell used in the Old Testament. If you or udatso present this from either of the two and is different I will welcom your point.

Many mystery about God, Jesus, and Christian is over the world today but see what the Bible says;

1 Corin 3:10-13 10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

So the foundation has been laid even for people that misinterpreted the Bible and every man's work shall be tested by fire.
2Corin 2:17 "For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ."

Just provide me with the real meaning of sheol from hebrew dictionary or KJ Bible dictionary if you truely know that God hates lie.

Emusan the words from "the belly of sheol". U know i won't be suprised one day there would be a version that will remove the word belly and say Jonah was dead and in hell when he prayed to suit their believe that Jesus too was dead.
Going back to the discussion from the belly of sheol does not mean grave or hell. You have to use your God given intelligence. All what Jesus was pointing out was a sign (miracle) if Jonah was dead then there is no miracle in the scene. The miracle is from deep soffocation and heat (now that is real hell) in the belly of the whale u cried out for help. From the belly of sheol is a figure of speech describing that when one is under heat and suffocation it real hell to anyone in that kind os sittuation. Can't u see that the words were together "belly of sheol". Is HELL located in the belly of a fish. NO the condition there is not plesant so it is hell. When I say u are in deep shit or from frying pan to fire I don't mean u are in fire.
Pls read the bible with the centextual meaning ther is no need because u want to claim Jonah is dead then we start to translate words to suite us. The only miracle was for a man to be dead in deep shit and he did not die thereby ALIVE
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 11:20am On Aug 06, 2013
mahdino:

Emusan the words from "the belly of sheol".

It means what?

U know i won't be suprised one day there would be a version that will remove the word belly and say Jonah was dead and in hell when he prayed to suit their believe that Jesus too was dead.
Well you may find that but not from me go through all my post in NL I usually quote from KING JAMES VERSION.

Going back to the discussion from the belly of sheol does not mean grave or hell.
It means what? this is what I call great hypocrite. twisting the truth to justify self claim.

You have to use your God given intelligence.
That's what I'm using on this thread to reply you and your brethen.

All what Jesus was pointing out was a sign (miracle) if Jonah was dead then there is no miracle in the scene.
Great one from mahdino coming back to life from dead position is not a miracle..hmmmmm anyway not only you do that you've collegues.

The miracle is from deep soffocation and heat (now that is real hell) in the belly of the whale u cried out for help.
Then what happen as Jonah was soffocated at the belly of the fish for three days? Remember soffocation means lack of AIR.

From the belly of sheol is a figure of speech describing that when one is under heat and suffocation it real hell to anyone in that kind of sittuation.
Lol.. now the belly of fish become figure of speech to mahdino does it make any sense? when Jonah himself decleared "out of the belly of hell cried I" and where the word of HELL translated from is Sheol used throughout in the OT as GRAVE 'a place of the dead'.

Can't u see that the words were together "belly of sheol".
I see dear but only if you can also see that the BELLY represent where the SHEOL happened.

Is HELL located in the belly of a fish.
I believe you're not mixing it up for the translation of 'LAKE OF FIRE' in the New Tesatment?
This is what you missed anywhere you see the word HELL in the Old Testament it means GRAVE a place of the dead....is it clear now?

NO the condition there is not plesant so it is hell.
Mahdino can you define or tell me the meaning of HELL?

When I say u are in deep shit or from frying pan to fire I don't mean u are in fire.

You're right but what if I now tell you in my own language that yesterday I was in a deep of shit, and you later find out that what I mean with my deep of shit is I was very hungry. will you call it figurative or real expirence?

Pls read the bible with the centextual meaning ther is no need because u want to claim Jonah is dead then we start to translate words to suite us. The only miracle was for a man to be dead in deep shit and he did not die thereby ALIVE

See Mahdino telling me to read Bible with contextual mind, how do you read your own Bible?

Lol..therefore ALIVE....hmmm

Ok if you didn't take that verse 2 as Jonah died, let see the rest of the verse and know who is reading with contextual mind or not.

Jonah 2:3-7 3 For You cast me into the deep, Into the heart of the seas, And the floods surrounded me; All Your billows and Your waves passed over me.

This verse talks about how GOd dealt with him(Jonah).

4 Then I said, ‘I have been cast out of Your sight; Yet I will look again toward Your holy temple.

5 The waters surrounded me, even to my soul; The deep closed around me; Weeds were wrapped around my head.

@bold notice the phrase "even to my soul" what does it mean to you?

6 I went down to the moorings of the mountains; The earth with its bars closed behind me forever; Yet You have brought up my life from the pit, O Lord, my God.
The whole of this verse cancel all your argument if only you can open your heart on it.
see "earth compassed him" have you ever heard that the place of the dead are at the centre of the earth? find it out.

7 “When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the Lord; And my prayer went up to You, Into Your holy temple.

This last verse killeth it all...at this phrase @bold "when my soul fainted within me,..." Here, he didn't say my soul is fainting (continous tense) or my soul is about to faint (Unlike assumptions made by @Udatso above) but my soul fainted (past tense)-which means it happened before Jonah prayed "and my prayer went up to you.

Tell yourself the truth with these declearations from Jonah himself, did Jonah die or not?

Shalom!
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 11:21am On Aug 06, 2013
-
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
my dear emusan....from your replies, i was able to get the following:
1. You believe in the KJV of the holy bible alone
2. You only believe in the commentaries/explanations of KJV alone
3. There are two holy spirits at work here...the holy spirit that gave you your understanding as well as that of the KJV of the bible and the holy spirit that gave others theirs OR 1 holy spirit giving thesame people of same faith different understanding.
For the last time, let me see if i can still break my explanations into smaller pieces
1. You said if he(jonah) didnt die, then it means the prophecy wasnt fulfilled...and i say no: if jonah didnt die there are 2 possibilities
a. Jesus didnt die too, hence the prophecy was fulfiled
b. Jonah died and jesus died, hence the prophecy is false
2. If in a verse we saw a statement like" as he was dying he begged from the house of hell" from this statement, its a known fact that house isnt a hell, neither is the stomach of a big fish a hell...so if it isnt a hell yet it was described as so, then we look further to get the nearest explanation possible. And in this statement, we can say that the house of hell is used figuratively or literaly...so to know if there is anything that supports any of these assumption...hence the statement" as he was dying" which means not dead yet.So we both know that in order to be in hell, one has to be DEAD and not DYING...now if i ask you, when did jonah pray? An unbiased answer should be: he prayed while his life was ebbing away which means he wasnt dead.
Emusan, please get this clear..am not trying to read meanings to the bible....i got these meanings from your christian folks who ofcourse are guided by the holy spirit and i have given you proofs......
@eben, where are you....please i need you....perhaps you would understand better....@eben and emusan..am sorry if i said anything offensive to your religion. It wasnt my intent
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 7:41am On Aug 07, 2013
udatso: my dear emusan....from your replies, i was able to get the following:
1. You believe in the KJV of the holy bible alone

Is KJV not a Bible?

2. You only believe in the commentaries/explanations of KJV alone
Not a commentaries/explanations but direct translation from the original script that's why most people that attack Bible used KJV not other version.

3. There are two holy spirits at work here...the holy spirit that gave you your understanding as well as that of the KJV of the bible and the holy spirit that gave others theirs OR 1 holy spirit giving thesame people of same faith different understanding.

One Holyspirit but different ministration though some people have put their own selfish interest in the interpretation of God's word 'Bible'

For the last time, let me see if i can still break my explanations into smaller pieces
1. You said if he(jonah) didnt die, then it means the prophecy wasnt fulfilled

Yes!
and i say no: if jonah didnt die there are 2 possibilities
a. Jesus didnt die too, hence the prophecy was fulfiled

Yes because Jesus said it. @bold stop claiming what is wrong the prophesy didn't fufill because God can't lie.

b. Jonah died and jesus died, hence the prophecy is false

Pure lies, Jesus quite knew well that Jonah did die because He was the one who revived his life.

2. If in a verse we saw a statement like" as he was dying he begged from the house of hell" from this statement, its a known fact that house isnt a hell, neither is the stomach of a big fish a hell

NOTE: "as he was dying" continous tense not as he died.
Ask you again list all the meaning of grave you know?

so if it isnt a hell yet it was described as so, then we look further to get the nearest explanation possible. And in this statement, we can say that the house of hell is used figuratively or literaly

Now it has become figurative to you real hypocrite.

so to know if there is anything that supports any of these assumption
How can you put assumption into a clear statement made by the victim?

hence the statement" as he was dying" which means not dead yet.
Then check that verse 7 again, "my soul fainted within me..." does this phrase resemble continous or past tense

So we both know that in order to be in hell, one has to be DEAD and not DYING.

You hit yourself with this your point again tell me the meaning of this phrase "my soul fainted within me" as an english student.

now if i ask you, when did jonah pray? An unbiased answer should be: he prayed while his life was ebbing away which means he wasnt dead.

No such comfirmation from Jonah, he clearly states it that in verse 7 My soul fainted within me and I remembered Lord..." Notice his soul has gone before he remembered God not his soul is going.[/quote] is it clear?

Emusan, please get this clear..am not trying to read meanings to the bible....i got these meanings from your christian folks who ofcourse are guided by the holy spirit and i have given you proofs.

Udatso pls get this right, it's wrong to browse the internet to interpret the Bible sit down, read, and ask HOLYSPIRIT to do it.
@eben, where are you....please i need you....perhaps you would understand better.
He has left you in your dillusion.

@eben and emusan..am sorry if i said anything offensive to your religion. It wasnt my intent

No offence in Christ, remain bless by Jesus' grace.

I only try to help you how to read Bible not on what people say.

My last question if you believe in Jesus existence and His ascension into heaven what make you disbelieve in His death?

You need to answer this question and tell yourself the truth.
Shalom!
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by mahdino: 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
[quote author=Emusan]
Pure lies, Jesus quite knew well that Jonah did die because He was the one who revived his life.

Brother how do u do, hope fine. Been quite busy, I will have much time after the ramadan and eid.

Just a question.
Is it that you are lying or is it that u don't fully understand Jesus?
No where in the bible did Jesus revived. If u read well with understanding u will understand Jesus when martha the sister of Lazarus said "if u where around u could have save him" Jesus said even know u shall see the GLORY of GOD.
And did u know he tried to avoid this kind of claim from people like u that was why after he has groaned in the spirit (seek help from God) he said father I know u always hear me but I'm saying it loud cos of the people who stood by they should know u are doing the works still people like u fail to realise it.
Act 2:22 "Jesus of Nazareth a man approve of God, by miracles, wonders and signs which God did by him which u youselves also know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) / Fortune Telling In Islam And How To Repent From It / Recommended Dua On Laylatul Qodr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.