Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 (56756 Views)

Jeffrey Akoh Is The Winner Of Mtn Project Fame 8.0(photos) / Ayo Emerges Winner Of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 5 / MTN Project Fame West Africa: Season 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
That guy that wears a lion pupppet on d head is so g.a.y, have you noticed?
Also, dat Gemi gal talks too much, shes just too forward. The gals are sexy tho.
Thanks to ASUU fr making it possible fr us to watch it, no thanks to PHCN though.
MTNProject Fame Rocks
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by mtnfirstson: 9:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
Kaffy walks in very early for the fitness class, not everybody finds it easy. The contestants all sweat it out before settling down to Mummy J's class.

On getting to the Academy, Mummy J took to inspecting the rooms and she was impressed with the contestants conduct. She then settled into the class asking them all what their life aspirations are. They all had different lofty dreams to share with Mummy J. Margaret wishes to be a Musical Doctor to be able to heal and inspire people through music, Leonard wants to be a good husband and father while he expresses himself though music, Blessing wants to be a music minister to reach out to people through music, Simon wants to be a music legend and a successful businessman.

Nini on her part also wants to be a successful musician and have her own art school, Olawale wants to be successful in life and also a motivator, lmmaculate would like to be a great singer who inspires people through music, Gbemisola on her part wants to be successful enough to help people. David wants to be a successful musician and also open a restaurant where people can relax and listen to good music, Oluchi wants to heal people through music and so on...

Yes to Captain Margaret, she had her first speech. She pleaded for cooperation and asked for unity. Let's see how her tenure goes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugNyVojovgs
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by mistamexzy(m): 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
and i smell, deciept already...ps text 17 to 306 to vote ma boi simon

1 Like

Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Omolola1(f): 11:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
So many great singers this season! Infact they are all good.

I can't say for sure who my favorite is just yet, since the show hasn't begun proper.

But for now, I have my eyes on Nini and Simon. Myt change later tho'... grin

Let the singing begin!
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by jeffoski(m): 4:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
Will catch the highlight for dis whole week 2morow.Was only able to see today's own and I must say we are in for a fantastic season. All d contestant can sing and are so Unique. The discipline level is really high and I like d way Mummy J handle dem. I was shock when she shouted on dem and ask the late comers to knee down. It takes humility and self discipline not to react to her scolding and I thank God they all behaved. Their song choice dis week is incredible I can't wait to watch the live shows. Still sticking to my Top 6 ,till things change.

1 Like

Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by mtnfirstson: 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by mtnfirstson: 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Omolola1(f): 9:57pm On Aug 03, 2013
After tonight's performance:
Am rooting for Simon, Immaculate and Niniola
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by jeffoski(m): 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
Wow they really tried but am giving it to the ladies.
Ayoka
Blessing
Gbemi
Immaculate
Nini
This girls really did well tonight. for the guys
Simon
Jonny
Jimoh
David
Roland
This guys too did well. For magret she tried but went a little of beat. And henry was just ok nothing really spectacular I guess is d song choice. Omotayo performance was funny. They made bruno mars, just the way u are into pop and instead of him to flow, he tried making it like r&b and was dragging the song. d ending didn't really work for me. Leonard might be d first to leave his performance didn't work at all and Oluchi's own was the worst.Let see how 2morow will be.

Meanwhile project fame really improve dis year in terms of stage design,graphics,lightings and camera transition.U guys rock. And plz faculty continue with the strictness o make we no come see anoder bev and angelo for here o
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Omolola1(f): 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2013
jeffoski: Wow they really tried but am giving it to the ladies.
Ayoka
Blessing
Gbemi
Immaculate
Nini
This girls really did well tonight. for the guys
Simon
Jonny
Jimoh
David
Roland
This guys too did well. For magret she tried but went a little of beat. And henry was just ok nothing really spectacular I guess is d song choice. Omotayo performance was funny. They made bruno mars, just the way u are into pop and instead of him to flow, he tried making it like r&b and was dragging the song. d ending didn't really work for me. Leonard might be d first to leave his performance didn't work at all and Oluchi's own was the worst.Let see how 2morow will be.

Meanwhile project fame really improve dis year in terms of stage design,graphics,lightings and camera transition.U guys rock. And plz faculty continue with the strictness o make we no come see anoder bev and angelo for here o

Yes o, Oluchi's performance was RUBBISH..she could not even maintain a key.
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by amebotinz: 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
The starting line to fame and fortune has begun...but every task is a huddle, and every song is a thin line between fame and elimination.

It’s been one week in the academy and only time will tell who’s got the chops to grab the grand prize.

It is the first in a long line of Elimination nights, when contestants on probation find out what their fate is. But because it’s been just

one week in the academy and there have been no nominations, therefore there was no eliminations. This means that all 16 contestants

performed as bonafide students of the Project Fame Academy on the show.

With all the contestants clad beautifully and gorgeously for the evening, they went straight into the business of the evening. Ayoka opened

the floor with a beautiful presentation of Aretha Franklin's 'Willing to Forgive'. Below is the list of who performed what :

Omolayo sang 'Lean On Me' by Michael Bolton,

Blessing performed Beyonce's 'One Plus One',

David did 'Angels' Wings' by West Life,

Gbemisola performed Christina Aguilera's 'Bound To You',

Henry took up Lionel Richie's 'Three Times A Lady',

Immaculate performed 'Halleluyah' by Alexander Burke,

Jimoh did a beautiful rendition of Joe's 'I Believe in you'

Johnny stunned with Lionel Richie's 'Do It To Me'

Leonard performed 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight' by Elton John,

Margaret Serenaded everyone with Jennifer Hudson's 'I'm Not Doing'

Simon rocked the stage with Stevie Wonder's 'Signed, Sealed, Delivered,

Olawale wowed everyone with Bruno Mars' 'Just The Way You Are'

Oluchi took to the floor singing Toni Braxton's 'Unbreak My Heart'.

Roland did a beautiful rendition of Kenny G's 'Even If My Heart Will Break'

and Nini ended the show with a flawless performance as she sang Celine Dion's 'If that's what it takes'.

The contestants performed well on opening night, and while the judges applauded them, they did not fail to give a few

knocks here and there as they look forward to the contestants doing songs outside of their comfort zones soon.

The faculty on the other hand welcomed the contestants into the competition and to great moments in the Academy in the coming weeks.

Tomorrow’s show will bring the first Nomination Night of the season where judges will decide on who will be placed on probation...

and there begins the journey to the top, or for some – the journey back home.

It promises to be thrilling, make sure you don’t miss it cos this season, MTN Project Fame West Africa is indeed bigger and better, in every way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ko2-9eIh2w

Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by amebotinz: 10:48pm On Aug 04, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW_LRvwCsy4

It is another night of pure excitement for the audience and viewers but not so much fun for the contestants as they had to sing their best to avoid being on probation on the very first nomination show. The contestants have already spent 7 Days in the MTN Project Fame Academy. Tonight was the very first Nomination show, and so much was expected from the contestants but Ayoka (1), Oluchi (15), Leonard (11), Simon (17) and Roland (16) were not lucky enough to escape this trap.

All the contestants looking confident and ready to impress the Judges took to the stage one after the other.

Johnny was the first to perform 'If I could turn back the hands time' by R Kelly, the Judges were expecting more from Johnny they think he needs to modify the song but the faculty thought otherwise, they felt the performance was good and excellent.

Leonard performed 'Runaway' by Styl Plus, the Judges did not see confidence in him he was advised to be more focused and the Faculty agreed saying they will work more with him. Henry on his part rendered 'Unchained Melody' by Righteous Brother, the Judges noticed he was been too careful and trying to be perfect and advised him to open up more.

David took another song outside of his comfort zone when he performed 'Knock on wood' by Eddie Floyd. The Judges saw improvement in him compared to the last performance. However, he still struggles with the song- forgetting his lyrics they added that he needs to connect with his song and be passionate on stage.

Ayoka stepped on stage to perform 'Waiting to Exhale' by Whitney Houston. The Judges commented on her strong voice but encouraged her to be careful with stressing the voice beyond limits which the Faculty also concurred to. Oluchi did not so impress the judges with 'Fire To the Rain' by Adele, and the faculty promised to work with her. Aretha Franklin's 'Respect' was performed by Immaculate. The judges commended her for being able to move and sing at the same time. She brought so much pride to the Faculty with her magnetic performance.

Jimoh took to the stage all looking dapper as he performed 'You Raised me Up' by West Life, the Judges loved his performance and expect something better in his next performance. Simon hit the stage with 'Crazy' by KC & JOJO, the Judges expected him to do more with his good voice, and the Faculty promised to work more on him.

Olawale performed 'Against all Odds' by Phil Collins, the Judges applauded his confidence and the originality in the rendition of the song and the Faculty likened him to a good combo of Chidinma and Tolu of season 3. Roland did a good one with Michael Bolton's 'Soul Provider' but he did not impress the judges enough. Margaret sang her heart out with Alicia Keys' 'Girl on Fire'. The Judges commended her on good communication skill in her performance.

Niniola took the stage to perform 'I'll be there' by Mariah Carey but the Judges felt she could have done better. But Uncle Ben disagreed with them completely, commending the performance as well above average.

The show continued with Blessing singing Rapture by Anita Baker, Gbemisola rendered 'Subway' by Asa. Omolayo rounded off with a passionate rendition of 'Aye Ole by Infinity'. Both the judges and faculty were impressed beyond words and applauded his performance.

So, after all said and done Ayoka(1), Oluchi(15), Simon (17), Rowland(16) and Leonard(11) landed in probation. Their fate is in your hands, to save your favorite contestant(s), send his/her number to 306 if you are in Nigeria, Liberia or Sierra Leone. Viewers in Ghana please text your favourite contestant(s) number to 1745. All votes must be from an MTN line in Nigeria, Ghana and Liberia. In Sierra Leone, voters must vote from airtel line.

Voting lines are open right now and they will be closed on Friday at 6pm. So start voting now, West Africa because the power keep your favorite contestant(s) in the competition is in your hands.

There’s a whole lot at stake. Apart from the experience they gain from the Academy, there are mouth-watering prizes to be won. Like we said at the opening gala, cash prizes have been doubled, so this season, the third runner-up goes home with TWO MILLION NAIRA, the second runner up goes home with TWO MILLION NAIRA and a brand new salon car, the first runner up will be rewarded with THREE MILLION NAIRA and a mid-size salon car, and the winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 6 will go home with FIVE MILLION NAIRA, a brand new SUV and a recording contract worth millions of Naira.

It doesn’t end there though. There will also be prizes for viewers. Every week, the viewers/voter with the highest number of votes will win LCD TVs, home-theatre sets and microwave ovens. The next five voters with the highest votes will take away Star-Time decoders and 50 other voters will win consolation prizes of lots and lots of MTN airtime. The star prize for viewers/voters this season is a fully loaded Hyundai Accent executive carwhich will go to the voter with the highest number of votes at the end of the season.

So, start voting to keep your favourite contestant and you could be a proud owner of any of these mouth-watering prizes.
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by jeffoski(m): 11:04pm On Aug 04, 2013
Immaculate was on fire tonight and too me she had the best performance followed by Blessing,then Gbemi,Olawale ,Jonny and Niniola. I didn't quite understand TYmix on Niniola issue. She did well and sounded so beautiful. His critic was so off point and i was glad dat the faculty totally disagreed.

I was happy with the judges on the people put on probation, and am sure Leonard and Oluchi are the ones going cos those 2 are the weakest. For Simon his over confidence is what will get him evicted if he is not careful. He started too strong and during the middle of his performance he didn't have anything more to bring even after raising the bar too high for himself. He just want to get a standing ovation by force.

Ayoka should beta up her game and Roland should keep it tight. Am sure the both of them will be saved.

Then dat Adrenaline band really contributed in spoiling Oluchi song o. It was just too fast and noisy and d lead guitar was too loud. Then I tink Uncle Ben should be fair on his song choice for each contestant cos some of dem had higher advantage over others especially those dat did african songs and Slow tunes. If we are having Soul,blues ,pop,rhythms and blues or african night let us know and give all contestant d same genre of song.

1 Like

Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
jeffoski: Immaculate was on fire tonight and too me she had the best performance followed by Blessing,then Gbemi,Olawale ,Jonny and Niniola. I didn't quite understand TYmix on Niniola issue. She did well and sounded so beautiful. His critic was so off point and i was glad dat the faculty totally disagreed.

I was happy with the judges on the people put on probation, and am sure Leonard and Oluchi are the ones going cos those 2 are the weakest. For Simon his over confidence is what will get him evicted if he is not careful. He started too strong and during the middle of his performance he didn't have anything more to bring even after raising the bar too high for himself. He just want to get a standing ovation by force.

Ayoka should beta up her game and Roland should keep it tight. Am sure the both of them will be saved.

Then dat Adrenaline band really contributed in spoiling Oluchi song o. It was just too fast and noisy and d lead guitar was too loud. Then I tink Uncle Ben should be fair on his song choice for each contestant cos some of dem had higher advantage over others especially those dat did african songs and Slow tunes. If we are having Soul,blues ,pop,rhythms and blues or african night let us know and give all contestant d same genre of song.
concise and apt
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by tolulinks(m): 12:06am On Aug 05, 2013
I think the top five tonight based on performance were: Immaculate: she did an immaculate job, NiNi, I'm not quite sure how TY could fault her effort, Blessing, Excellent!! Olawale, AWESOME, Gbemisola, she kinda reminded me of season 3's Omobadan, yetunde with her Very perculiar showmanship and OMOLAYO, despite his song 'Aye ole' being african, it is a difficult song to sing! Well top six then!
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 05, 2013
In my opinion, it may be subjective but this season's contestants haven't done anything to move me at all.

season 1, 3 and 5 still rocks.

Early days yet lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by jeffoski(m): 3:11am On Aug 06, 2013
Does anyone know Which song they will be singing dis week
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 06, 2013
jeffoski: Does anyone know Which song they will be singing dis week
songs are selected by the music director uncle ben. what i know is that those on probation will do a repeat of the songs that got them into trouble and also prepare for another song to be performed on sunday night
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 07, 2013
highlights

Academy
Academy Day 8: Contestants Prepare For Festival of Naija Hits!

Academy
Academy Day 8: Contestants Prepare For Festival of Naija Hits!
Tuesday, 06 August 2013 14:32

Mummy J stepped into the class while every one was settled in, except for Simon who later strolled in after a couple of minutes. Upon his arrival into the class, Mummy J asked him to stand for some minutes as a form of punishment for coming late to her class. She later made them realise that play time was over and it is time for serious business as the competition has fully started.

She later had a chat with those placed on probation, they all had one excuse or the other to give about their performance. Mummy J advised them to pray and remain focused. She went further to encourage them, she said, "probation is not the end, attitude and character in the Academy determines who stays and who leaves."

While dancing later in the day, Uncle Ben made an unexpected entry in to the Academy, and at the speed of light,they all converged at the music room. He beckoned on the contestants on probation, made them to realise that two out of the five of them will sadly leave the competition this weekend so they all need to work hard. He cautioned Leonard to stop looking on the ground but at the audience whenever he is performing on stage. He commended Immaculate and Omolayo for putting so much efforts and seriousness into their performance. Uncle Ben further warned them to stay focused because they will get weaker by the day.

The five placed on probation will redo their songs while the others will do a new song as this week is Naija Hit. This week is dedicated for Naija songs,making Nigeria,West Africa and the World proud. He later presented gift items to them on behalf of the Faculty in regards to their good performances and encouraged them to LEARN,FOCUS and DELIVER.

Margaret and Immaculate mimicked the presenters of the MTN Project West Africa while some of the contestants performed and others served as dancers.

They all had so much excitement and fun doing this until lights out. So, after all said and done Ayoka(1), Oluchi(15), Simon (17), Rowland(16) and Leonard(11) still need your votes as their fate is in your hands, to save your favourite contestant(s), send his/her number to 306 if you are in Nigeria, Liberia or Sierra Leone. Viewers in Ghana please text your favourite contestant(s) number to 1745. All votes must be from an MTN line in Nigeria, Ghana and Liberia. In Sierra Leone, voters must vote from a Comium line.
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 07, 2013
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqDyTdlYvNc
Academy Day 9 | MTN Project Fame 6.0 Reality Show
www.youtube.com
For more exciting clips Subscribe to Project Fame Youtube Page: www.youtube.com/projectfametv Like Project Fame on Facebook: www.facebook.com/MTNProjectfamew...
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by MissOpe(f): 8:21am On Aug 07, 2013
Margaret and simon NOT margaret and immaculate.

1 Like

Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 07, 2013
Miss Ope: Margaret and simon NOT margaret and immaculate.
lol. at all at all na hin bad.

margaret and somebody grin
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by MissOpe(f): 10:23am On Aug 07, 2013
toba: lol. at all at all na hin bad.

margaret and somebody grin
Lol...correct ur mistake jor
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 08, 2013
Miss Ope:
Lol...correct ur mistake jor
kai u fine die. lm interested
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Ehisyor: 6:52am On Aug 09, 2013
For me I think JIMOH was the best..
Pink_Lezbian:
concise and apt
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 09, 2013
My fav contestants are Simon- I love simon, he's got a very distinct voice and like the judges say, there's just something about him....iono know him personally, but guys vote for him, he shouldn't leave the academy jes yet. Olawale- Olawale's voice is SWEET, and you can't jes loose interest listening to him sing and he chooses his songs well, he's my mom's favourite contestant :-). Niniola is such a diva, she's got a very beautiful voice and she's got the presence. And....Immaculate...OMG! *speechless* cheesy
Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 09, 2013
that immaculate is really immaculate tongue kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 by Nobody: 3:20am On Aug 10, 2013
Mr Ben is going to far with the shouting! I think he is humiliating them, treating them like kids. Dunt like it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

BBNaija: Omashola "Sex With Khafi Will Be Easy" / Makeup Transformation: Which Nollywood Actor Is This??? / Funny Video Of A Castrated Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.