Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

MTN App Developers Competition Thread - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / MTN App Developers Competition Thread (22901 Views)

Ericsson App Developers Contest 2013; Are You Creative Enough / Android App Developers Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Javanian: 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2013
Deadline: October 24, 2013,
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by nollyj: 6:25pm On Sep 10, 2013
I am working on Education App. Hopefully I will finish before end of this month. I haven't worked with android before so this is my first attempt on android app. I know that I am far from the competition. For me it is all about trying something new. Do you know if it is possible to upload the same application in Google Play?.
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Javanian: 8:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
nollyj: I am working on Education App. Hopefully I will finish before end of this month. I haven't worked with android before so this is my first attempt on android app. I know that I am far from the competition. For me it is all about trying something new. Do you know if it is possible to upload the same application in Google Play?.

ofcouse it is possible to upload your app to playstore but you need a developers account and its about $25. Goodluck on your app, would like to see it when you are done.
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by ayodinho91: 9:42pm On Sep 10, 2013
I just finished android tutorials and will be getting ready to build my app now. October 24th edging closer, Lord!!! strength me. Hopefully, I should be launching my app before this month runs out.
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by nollyj: 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
Javanian:

ofcouse it is possible to upload your app to playstore but you need a developers account and its about $25. Goodluck on your app, would like to see it when you are done.

Thanks, I have an account already. I have try out a simple native android application first so that I can get use to android environment. Though I knew a bit of Java in the pass. I will show you the application tomorrow or a day after tomorrow. I am just working on it in my free time and have not started thinking about cross-platform that while I am using native.

Are you working on a project?
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Javanian: 10:43pm On Sep 10, 2013
well, i have tried to put something together.
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by privatetisa(m): 2:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
does anyone know if it's possible for a person to submit more than one entry? possibly as a member of a team for one category and individually in another category. thanks.
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by gameaddict(m): 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
@private.tisa: yes it's allowed. check the terms and conditions page.
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Artorius(m): 8:42am On Sep 14, 2013
Anybody interested in teaming up?

1 Like

Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by ayodinho91: 10:35am On Sep 14, 2013
Artorius: Anybody interested in teaming up?
do you want to team up??
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Artorius(m): 10:57am On Sep 14, 2013
ayodinho91: do you want to team up??
yea!!! Im very enthusiastic about programming, I'm not really a Michael Jordan or anything like that, still learning but I'm ok. If you on whatsapp, add me on 08140313996, lets talk.
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 18, 2013
Its 35 days to go and am yet to come up with an app idea.advise needed oh!
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Javanian: 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
I'm i the only one that has noticed that the NextApp store has been down for about 3 days now undecided
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by nollyj: 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
I found out yesterday
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by DharkPoet(m): 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
As a team of undergraduate students, could one submit an app for a specific category, let's say mobile game app, and still submit under the special category for students? please opinions need, Thanks.
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by gameaddict(m): 12:48am On Sep 25, 2013
Hello guys, I'm sort of confused, is android the only supported platform for the competition? Some people are stating that the competition may be for any mobile platform.

@DharkPoet: You can submit multiple apps to different categories but I'm not sure a 'student category' exists. I'm thinking it means your app can be tagged as a 'student submission' but it must be submitted in one of the main categories. Please confirm by mailing them: mtnappschallenge@nextapps.com
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Javanian: 8:23am On Sep 25, 2013
Why don't you forget about the students category and enter into one of the other categories.
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 25, 2013
Guys, I'm good in PHP and VB.Net but PHP ain't in for installable apps fully yet and I don't have the Android SDK for .Net languages (can't even use it). I'm really a good programmer (check rocana.com etc) Now, is there a way I can still find my way into the show?
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by dpuzo: 7:39am On Oct 05, 2013
Ope it has not ended, currently working on an app...mayb 2 sef
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Javanian: 9:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

All apps have been put in the Developers Challenge Category angry sad grin cheesy tongue

About 120 apps angry angry angry
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
Javanian: tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

All apps have been put in the Developers Challenge Category angry sad grin cheesy tongue

About 120 apps angry angry angry

Please can you share the link to were you saw them listed
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Javanian: 11:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
what is the name of your app?
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
Javanian: what is the name of your app?

We've not yet submitted. Inbtw is it possible for a developer to continue updating his/her app even as the competition is taking place
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Javanian: 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
Matthew briggs:

We've not yet submitted. Inbtw is it possible for a developer to continue updating his/her app even as the competition is taking place

It is possible, but it takes time. Also, any already installed app wont get updated.
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 22, 2013
Web Contractor: Just thinking aloud.Whats the max number of entries one can put in. 1M is not tempting enough.Maybe 3M will be just perfect.
Trillionaire, i guess u dn't know that a hyundai IX35 is gonna be rewarded to the overall winner. If u dn't know it's worth in the market, visit the Nairaland Auto Section, ask them how much tis being sold in the market.
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
Bossforeva: Trillionaire, i guess u dn't know that a hyundai IX35 is gonna be rewarded to the overall winner. If u dn't know it's worth in the market, visit the Nairaland Auto Section, ask them how much tis being sold in the market.

Thanks for the info.I will see what I can do in 3 days
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 22, 2013
av really been too busy to put in for this one, anyone has a link to last year's winners?
and their app, I may quickly port my old as3 game to a multiplayer for mobile if i stand a chance.

anyone wanna show us screenshot from their apps?
so i know whether to give up or try grin
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by gameaddict(m): 12:14pm On Oct 23, 2013
One of my submissions: Super Akpos.
Akpos goes for some coins, avoiding missiles and missile-riding-monkeys in this exciting Nigerian game. What's more? It comes in four languages; English, Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba.

Link: http://www.nexva.mobi/31287

1 Like

Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by DharkPoet(m): 5:43am On Oct 24, 2013
Please how did you guys upload your apps? I have been trying to upload mine, but when I click on the upload button, it doesn't respond, is it advisable that I use the add by URL feature?
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by gameaddict(m): 9:28am On Oct 24, 2013
@DharkPoet: click select files to select your apk, then click upload file to start the upload process. You should see a progress bar. Wait till it shows completed. Sometimes, after upload, the next page may show you a small thumbs down icon (indicating file not found). I just delete it and redo the process again. If you're still having problems, contact mtndeveloperchallenge@nexva.com or support@cchubnigeria.com.
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by dpuzo: 11:46am On Oct 24, 2013
Dis is my app. Multiplayer whot! for android fones. Jst waiting for approval nd light cry

Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by DharkPoet(m): 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
dpuzo: Dis is my app. Multiplayer whot! for android fones. Jst waiting for approval nd light cry
Did you upload via URL? Please reply, because when I click the upload button, nothing happens, besides if you uploaded via URL which site did you use?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? / If You've Always Wanted To Learn Programming But Failed, Be Here!!! / Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.