Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Lets Just Admit The Truth About Wole Soyinka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Just Admit The Truth About Wole Soyinka (2214 Views)

The Truth About The Second Niger Bridge-Chibuzo N. Ziggy Azike / Israelis Admit To Sterilizing African Women In Israel / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Just Admit The Truth About Wole Soyinka by dubem3(m): 6:30am On Aug 01, 2013
@Ikengawo I have read this your write up and re read it all in the bid to make meaning of what you've been crying about, but to no avail.

do you mean to tell me you're wiser than everybody that has reviewd Wole Soyinka' s work? If you have issues with the man its understandable but condemning literary works that have international reputation as well done, you're only helping him discredit your opinion since the world can't be wrong just for you alone to be right.
I didn't think I'ld need to remind you that Soyinka is a activist. That means he is in no particular camp. He goes around treating 4k ups irrespective of whose ox is gored. So don't tell me how he was supporting a certain man yesterday and not today. About the FRSC job, FRSC does not build roads, they supervise its use so I can't connect how he is responsible for bad roads or am I missing something?

The issue is about Good and bad, right and wrong and what side you take dictates what you get. I really didn't think you would have me telling you all these.

Please leave Chinua Achebe out of this. You lot should learn not to mangle issues. If we should look at it that way, then we can say Achebe contributed nothing to nation building since he always declined every call to even come close. But NO! They are two different people who chose separately how to live their lives. respect that and stop attempting these lame comparisons.
Re: Lets Just Admit The Truth About Wole Soyinka by mgbeketoto: 8:13am On Aug 01, 2013
Ikengawo:

You can never name one incident where Achebe compromised his values.
Not a single one.

When Achebe was given an award by the Federal Government, he rejected it. Over and over and over.
When asked to participate in partisan nigerian politics he refused, reiterating that he's a writer

For starters. . . WHEN LAST DID ACHEBE VISIT BIAFRALAND. . .?
Where did he live and DIE? undecided

Do I need to 'proceed further'? wink
Re: Lets Just Admit The Truth About Wole Soyinka by 3ace(m): 9:27am On Aug 01, 2013
Only God knows when this Wole Soyinka issue will be laid to rest.
Re: Lets Just Admit The Truth About Wole Soyinka by kunlekunle: 10:06am On Aug 01, 2013
Ikengawo: Consider this. Soyinka has been going on and on about mismanagement in Nigeria

To shut him up, IBB, the most corrupt anti-democratic, and murderous dictator in Nigerian history, makes him FRSC to monitor...don't laugh..roads.

He, because a career-politician, agrees.

Can you tell me he condition of roads in Nigeria during babangida, and the condition after? He's shot to make a difference was given to him by the man that was robbing Nigeria blind. He accepted, he failed, he went back on the street and started protesting Patience Jonathan while his former boss ANNULLED THE ONLY FAIR AND FREE ELECTION nigeria has ever seen and slaughtered a slew of journalists.

Yet Soyinka had the heart to speak against Patience Jonathan.

You make him the commissioner of roads, roads reach the peak of their dilapidation
You put him in a university he introduces a campus cult
You leave him in charge of combating westernization and colo-mentality, he moves to California.

Fraud.

FRSC had been since the 60s/70s way before IBB became the president.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? / How Patience Blocked Jonathan, Military From Rescuing Chibok Girls / The Biggest Lie And Propaganda Of The Century In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.