Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? (29117 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? / How To Make Your Own Micro Sim Card! / New Nokia-lumia-800 To Use Micro-sim Like Ipad/iphone4? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by sniperwolf(m): 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Who bring this thing come FrontPage? People have been using Micro and Nano sims for more than 5years and you need one to advice you on which to use.
You should have just told us that you just bought a 4-year old HTC One X.
You bought HTC One (M8)
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
alldruns1:
It's true bt nt for all phone. e.g it cannot fit into Nokia E72.
sori is dat a phone model? Cant recall
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by sol2galay: 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
Which network is best to use in window phones. Pls need your advise.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by YoungDaNaval(m): 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
cirmuell: you must be visually impaired, "MTN has a cutting machine in their office" has been mentioned more than thrice on this thread. If you can't cut it yourself, take it to ur SP office. undecided
Must you Insult? Smh
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by BetaTechnicians: 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nctrice: My gf tried to cut her sim yesterday and ended up damaging it! I thought this thread would be educative but Up till this point on this thread no body has been able to give a step by step way of cutting ones sim without damaging it! But every one of them be bragging "I cut My sim since 1960 and am still using it till today!"

There are sim cutters designed for that purpose, though back then I used to do it with a mini scissors after so many 'mapping'.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by tonychristopher: 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
McStoic: Dear Nairalanders, how advisable is it converting your favourite, normal sized sim into a micro sim line? I just got a HTC One X (unlocked international version) which i intended using with my MTN line. Am now in a dilemma cos am afraid of cutting it to micro sim since i usually swap phones when network and low battery palaver arises. Should i go ahead and cut my MTN Sim or do it with another network and end up carrying multiple phones around? Also, which network is the best for an android user? Thanks in advance.

you must be old . new phones these days comes with micro sim card and modern phones don't have open back they are sealed so you insert the sim by the side

this is to protect the technology .

I used 2014 Motorola RAZR droid. and its so flat like thin of paper and its 4g lte don't worry about sims

Apple HTC Motorola and even BlackBerry uses a small sim

just cut ur sim and ensure y keep the cut of part ...it serves as casing in case u want to use it on another device

android phones are good but the snag is that it soaks data and battery

that's a nice Phone u got

I am HTC fan
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by tonychristopher: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
I did cut my own at computer village ...we have sim cutters pls don't do it yourself

it less that 250 to cut a sim
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by mytym1: 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
physise: buy micro sim frm mtn office..price na 1k
1k micro sim, in which state?

1 Like

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by tonychristopher: 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
sol2galay: Which network is best to use in window phones. Pls need your advise.

windows phone suck...I used a HTC d7 that phone sucks threw it away after few weeks

HTC is a good phone but windows is a bad os

lumia by Nokia is worst
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by tonychristopher: 2:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
;name the place
its cheap to cut sims
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by tamertery(m): 2:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
. Na so dem tk collect ur 1k 4 free ba?? @OP jus go to mtn office tell em u wana swap ur sim with a micro sim, they wil nw gv u 2 in 1 sim, u cn pop it out to bcm micro sim nd den fix it back in to bcm nrml macro sim... U welcm
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by duality(m): 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
Do a welcome back on your MTN sim. You will be able to pull out the micro sim from the whole and also fix it back carefully if you want.
I did it and it's working as most NEW mtn sim packs have been designed that way.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by alldruns1: 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
mackmanuel:
sori is dat a phone model? Cant recall
Broda man, dis is one of rugged & outstandng symbian phones I'll wil ever stick to despite android inventn. Check out a few things abt it.
http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Nokia-E72-Review_id2327

Naija price of it now hs dropped dwn to btw N14-17k clean UK or US used.

A few things online review may nt tell u:
1. Multiscanner - wt dis I did my schl projects
2. WiPresenter - powerpoint companion for presentatn
3. Wireless printer - support wireless printng

Others:
.wifi
.5mp/2mp back/front cam resp.
.touch pad (like BB)

@op, sowwrry o, somebody asked 4 dis.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by naijanaso: 2:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
McStoic: Dear Nairalanders, how advisable is it converting your favourite, normal sized sim into a micro sim line? I just got a HTC One X (unlocked international version) which i intended using with my MTN line. Am now in a dilemma cos am afraid of cutting it to micro sim since i usually swap phones when network and low battery palaver arises. Should i go ahead and cut my MTN Sim or do it with another network and end up carrying multiple phones around? Also, which network is the best for an android user? Thanks in advance.

You don't need all the hassles. Just go to your network provider and get a new Micro SIM. It comes with an adapter for fit into the regular Mini SIM, should you need to put it back into a Mini SIM phone.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Lanretoye(m): 3:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
hello house, i bought a samsung galaxy phone (s4) from someone but i found out that it rarely gets signal/network most places i go. most times i have to leave the bedroom for the living room before i can use the phone but when i insert my sim card in another phone there is no issue with the network. anybody knows what could be wrong please?
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
alldruns1:
Broda man, dis is one of rugged & outstandng symbian phones I'll wil ever stick to despite android inventn. Check out a few things abt it.
http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Nokia-E72-Review_id2327

Naija price of it now hs dropped dwn to btw N14-17k clean UK or US used.

A few things online review may nt tell u:
1. Multiscanner - wt dis I did my schl projects
2. WiPresenter - powerpoint companion for presentatn
3. Wireless printer - support wireless printng

Others:
.wifi
.5mp/2mp back/front cam resp.
.touch pad (like BB)

@op, sowwrry o, somebody asked 4 dis.

question for the gods,did anyone ask for it?
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by oleeee(m): 3:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
wait untill u want to use ur cut sim on ur modem,,,,,i know u can fix it on d oda part but just wait until it hooks ur modem,,,lobatan
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by doublecross(m): 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
[quote wether u scam glo or not, u still wount enjoy ur browsing bcus it's either it's nt browsing at all or extremely slow.
author=tomiobj]

You can cut your sim to a microsim and get a sim adapter when you want
to use it in a phone of bigger sim slot. #thats all. Also if d
sim slot of your phone is like the BlackBerry bolds and curves. U cn
actually position the sim very well by matching the metal slots on top
of each other. There is a 60%chance of success.

For android devices the best network is glo. Nt best in speed but
they r easy to scam. 1000N for 3gig (30 days). Change your apn to
'blackberry.net'. [/quote]
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by allenadeola(m): 3:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Is glo BIS still working on non-BB devices?
[quote author=doublecross][/quote]
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Revolva(m): 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
Omo I can't cut my sim oo if dese andriod no dey use d normal sim make dem pack well
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by sirwilly1(m): 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Instead of buying a micro sim, he should go for sim swap. The new sim that will be given to him will serve for both a mini sim phone and a micro sim phone. If you want to use it as a micro sim, you seperate it smaller part with the chip for the mini sim. And if you want to use it as a mini sim, you join the 2 together. The bigger part will then serve as a micro sim adaptor. I've done it. And it only cost of N550 (N400 for recharge card and N150 for the sim)

1 Like

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by sugaarbear(m): 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
nybol: u can still use ur micro-sim in ur other fones. Even a nano sim can be used in a regular sim slot, just make sure the shiny panel on the sim touches the sim connector on d fone. I use d same nano sim on my ipad mini and my torchlight nokia
your head dey there
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by yungryce: 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
D new Mtn welcome back comes with a sim adapter n d sim is already cut so jst do a welcome back
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by tlops(m): 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
it has no 'pro' or 'con' its just the same sim card in two sizes.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nctrice(m): 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
cirmuell: you must be visually impaired, "MTN has a cutting machine in their office" has been mentioned more than thrice on this thread. If you can't cut it yourself, take it to ur SP office. undecided
. This one is Still busy telling us what we already know! If you can't tell us what we don't know just #ReadOnly its not a must you comment on a thread, talk less of quoting a comment of mine you could hardly comprehend
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by secnelly: 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
satowind: The reason y they changed to mini sim Is to save cost just lyk mtn changing from recharge card to recharge paper.
You can go to mtn office they have the cutter they will do it 4 u

There is no economy or saving cost in the micro sim regarding mobile network operators. the micro sim is simply an advancement in technology. just like the previous bigger memory cards and micro memory card.

@OP, simply retrieve your line from your mobile operator and request for the micro sim. the micro sim comes with the sim adapter and you can easily insert the micro sim into the sim adapter to give you the initial sim card used in most phones as well as remove the micro sim to suit into ur micro sim phone.

thank me later.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by jeff2010(m): 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
micro sim na 100

1 Like

Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by aooo(m): 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
Do service providers have facilities for Nano sim, cos na micro sim all of you dey mention since!! @least d two r different.
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by jeremolar(m): 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
tomiobj:

You can cut your sim to a microsim and get a sim adapter when you want to use it in a phone of bigger sim slot. #thats all. Also if d sim slot of your phone is like the BlackBerry bolds and curves. U cn actually position the sim very well by matching the metal slots on top of each other. There is a 60%chance of success.

For android devices the best network is glo. Nt best in speed but they r easy to scam. 1000N for 3gig (30 days). Change your apn to 'blackberry.net'.
Abeg, is it blackberry subscription I ll use?
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by infinitty(m): 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
...still a learner? The micro sim can also be used together with the sim cut out to form a normal sim
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by biomedixexcel(m): 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
I learn things here
Re: Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
[quote author=tonychristopher]

windows phone suck...I used a HTC d7 that phone sucks threw it away after few weeks

HTC is a good phone but windows is a bad os

lumia by Nokia is worst [/quote am sorry to say but you are silly u used a windows 7.x device and expect it to be awesome its just like saying you used an android 2.0 phone and its not good how will it be good and also saying lumia by nokia is worst just go to google and type review of nokia lumia 930 so dont say windows phone is bad uh just buy a current one which runs on windows phone 8.x then am sure you may give out your current android device and am not a fanboy cause i use a windows device and android and can tell that i only use android phone for its numerous apps ]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! / Tecno Camon C10 Specs And Price: What You Should Expect / Which Good Camera Phone Can I Get For 100k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.