Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 (20207 Views)

Seaport In The South East / HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port / Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Dunexxx(m): 4:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
eldoradoxx: And so that those of us from South South and our South East brothers would rest from constant threat by "Kayodes" since we re the biggest importers and exporters. Kayodes can now use Lagos Ports as they deem fit.

Hahaha @Kayodes lmao!
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by phil5(m): 4:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
9ja is beyound lagos so we need something like this that can accommodate all manner of vessels ,I just pray it doesn't end on nairaland and news papers,
The way I see things going nigerians don open their eyes nw ,yearning badly 4 development which we really need.

3 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by fyneguy: 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
EUROBOMBER:

Yes my brother. All the eko chest-beating will cease. One key reason why Lagos is more developed than other states is because they have monopoly of the only real functioning port.

The East will become a wonder land. cool

Hmmm and why is the Anambra port as good as unused? witches and wizards?
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by EasternLeopard: 4:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
Thank God Akwa Iboms are one of Ndigbos great ally. Ibaka seaport will facilitate the rise of SS/SE into a global powers.

5 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by eldoradoxx: 4:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
bloggernaija: Over 70% of the cargo that comes into the country does not leave the SW .20% of that goes to the inner SW States.
Do the maths and the economics
They don't leave that axis because most of the importers are forced to either set up their warehouse in Lagos or Ogun axis where they receive the goods for onward distribtion to other parts of Nigeria or are forced to set up their factories where the goods imported are consumed because of the proximity of Port. Who would want to set up industry in Asaba, Uyo or Enugu when his raw materials must come from Lagos port and huge sum spent in transporting again down here. What the new port will do is to open up new industries that will either import or export raw materials directly and near its factory than passing through already congested Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
Action speaks louder than words:

Second Niger Bridge + Ibaka Sea Port + Enugu International Airport = The Biafran Dream

South will be Hong Kong by 2019 if we keep GEJ in power till 2019.

11 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by odiyaka(m): 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
Nice development! Just hope it does nt end up on paper.

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Dunexxx(m): 4:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
Good development for the NIGER DELTA!
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by charleff512(m): 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
Bravo!
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Immune1(m): 5:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
mojounited:

It is still at developmental phase, I think a rail link project would be too immature at this stage... Albeit it's a good idea that requires early planning, I don't foresee Ibaka port experiencing too much activities as there's Onne Port in Port Harcourt, hence there'll be lesser traffic and vehicular activities on the proposed road. Meanwhile, the revamped or proposed standard gauge rail tracks for the eastern part of the country will be extended further, either from Aba - Uyo or Port Harcourt - Uyo, which would make it easy to construct rail link to the port. Source below:

And have you been to Onne?That port is highly monopolised that is why people prefer Lagos inspite of the distance.
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Raypawer(m): 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
mojounited:

Lol, overtake Dubai..Dude seriously? #Pass me whatever you're smoking bro cheesy It's good to be optimistic, but you're wayyy overboard with your optimism - not when Naija politicians are at the helm of affairs...

Meanwhile, CCECC is currently handling the dualisation of Etinan - Eket - Ibeno road while Julius Berger is dualising Uyo - Ikot Ekpene - Aba road. Do you think CCECC will have the manpower to carry out two major road projects and still deliver on the schedule of key dates?

u hav a point here bro, but i trust julius berger, when they were handling Tinapa project, they were handling some other bigger project at Akwa Ibom and Port harcourt at the same time
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by phantom(m): 5:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
agbameta:

Common sense should tell you where..
common sense is not my problem.i want to know what you think.infact f*&k what you think.60 to 70% of the goods coming in are headed to the east.take that to the bank and be ready to retire from your broke a** day job in a few years!

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by ideology(m): 5:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
asha 80: are you sure about JB dualizing aba-ikot ekpene road?
oga when last you come home, them don go far, na Julius de in charge, If you ask me Godswill deserves to rule this country

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by ideology(m): 5:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
Raypawer:

u hav a point here bro, but i trust julius berger, when they were handling Tinapa project, they were handling some other bigger project at Akwa Ibom and Port harcourt at the same time
I think ccecc is handling it because they would charge less, Julius de handle 30k seat stadium, bro Goody de vex
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by EPOMA(m): 5:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
EUROBOMBER: AKWA IBOM,NPA SET 2015 TARGET FOR IBAKA

Akwa Ibom, NPA set 2015 target for Ibaka Deep sea port
…Akpabio grants NPA C of O for port area

Barring any last minute changes, the proposed Ibaka Deep sea port would start receiving ocean lines not later than 2015, Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State Chief Godswill Akpabio and the Managing Director of Nigerian Ports Authority, Engr. Omar Suleiman have hinted.

Governor Akpabio and Engr. Suleiman who expressed the resolve on Monday in Abuja at a brief event to mark the official hand over of the Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) of the over 5580 Sq meters of land area for the citing of the new port, said all infrastructures needed to fast -track the early completion of the port will be provided. This is even as the Governor pledged to within one month award contract for the dualisation of the port main access road to link the East –West road with a view to making it more intermodal

The state Government equally handed over the master plan of the port to the Managing Director of NPA at the event.

He said the state was spurred to fast-track work on the surveying and parceling out of the land where the port will be cited after the last visit of President Goodluck Jonathan to the state where he pledged support for citing of project in an area that has comparative advantage rather than based on ethnic sentiments.

Governor Akpabio noted that the infrastructures for a deep sea port is huge, saying the state is prepared to offer assistance to NPA at whatever point it will be needed. He added that his government is fully ready to partner with the Organisation to ensure that the necessary infrastructure for effective take-off of the port is provided. “Whatever support that may be required to ensure that a big ocean going Liner comes to the port by 2015 will be provided by the state government.

He allayed fears of security of investment in the port in view of the menace of the maritime pirates in the Nigerian territorial waters, saying that the federal government has granted the state it’s request to establish full military presence in that location. “Now we have NN Jubilee in the area, so with the presence of the Army, Navy, complementing the Marine Police, there will be adequate security of investments as the area will be a no go area for maritime robbers and other criminals.” The Governor envisages that when the multi-billion naira port project is completed, it will be the hub of oil and gas operation in the Gulf of Guinea.

The Ibaka port is said to be between 17 and 18 meters draught without dredging and its quay area will span over two miles (length). It is hoped that on completion, mega vessels of over 10,000 TEUs will be calling at the port and that will make it the largest in the region.

Earlier, the Managing Director of NPA expressing delight in the gesture of the Governor noted that the move to establish the deep sea port is a major step in the nation’s quest of becoming the hub of maritime operation in the West and Central African sub-region.

He noted that what is needed to realize the project is infrastructure, assuring that Ports Authority will partner with Akwa Ibom State to ensure that the necessary infrastructure is provided. He disclosed that the port project is intermodal that sees the construction of port access roads and mono- rail to ensure easy evacuation of goods out of the port.

He said the journey towards the construction of the Ibaka deep sea port dates back to the 70s but had not been taken with seriousness it deserves. “But with the new vision and the transformation agenda of President Goodluck Jonathan the development of the port has become a must if the country is to achieve its dream of becoming the hub port of the sub-region.

SOURCE http://www.nigerianports.org/news.aspx?id=251

This is great news! The operation of Ibaka seaport would drive further massive developments in Akwa Ibom and Neighboring states. Thank God for Governor Godswill Akpabio and president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GCFR).

Dreams Dreams Dreams. Built houses for the masses, what are we importing or exporting. We need people that can thinks not Idiots like Godswill who only dance around pressmen. What operation are they starting.Built manufacturing industries as you promised in each of the local government and stop decieving people. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by EPOMA(m): 5:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
pazienza: This Ibaka sea port holds the key that will unlock the potentials of Aba as a great Industrial and commercial centre capable of giving any other rival city a run for it's money. We must make sure that this port doesn't get compromised or made to play second fiddle to the port at lagos by the federal government, this is why we must ensure that GEJ stays in Aso rock beyond may 2015.

To keep APC( Hausa and yoruba alliance) off Aso rock,till atleast 2019,is a task that must be done.

And after 2019 what happen. Am always ashame of comments like this, people are progressing and in Nigeria we stay to fight who will be president. Make una hold all your goves accountable first before we worry about president
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by mooregan(m): 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
EPOMA:

Dreams Dreams Dreams. Built houses for the masses, what are we importing or exporting. We need people that can thinks not Idiots like Godswill who only dance around pressmen. What operation are they starting.Built manufacturing industries as you promised in each of the local government and stop decieving people. Rubbish
Wait make government come build house for you o! Keep waiting..
And you've failed to know that when there is a function seaport in Akwa ibom, Industries will spring up left, right and centre cos of its proximity to imported raw materials or to be exported finished goods. Godswill is a man of Action, and its very evident cos the projects are everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by demelza: 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
grin
Amaaskia: AKWA IBOM ADO OK cheesy grin
Proudly #teamAkwaIBOM
# *catwalks away, shaking ass* :-) grin

Chai, some Nairalanders will not kee me grin
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by snowytee(m): 6:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
EPOMA:

Wait,but who is this r*scal?Your village juju dey worry u?Why can't you get up from your lazy butt and be a man?Wait o,Akpabio wu soon come to your kitchen,cook food and serve you on a golden tray,unam.Carry on agwo annang anyid.Agwo annang ade agwo uko
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by AdaBekee1(f): 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
wow, dats gud news
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by ideology(m): 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
ba7man: You're so wrong. Those trailers loaded with containers you see leaving Lagos are heading to various parts of Nigeria. S.E and S.S included.
who gets the internally generated revenue is it ss and se or lag, the goods are for sale in those regions and the prices and usually higher because of cost of transportation. a shirt one buys for 1200 it lag goes for 2k and 2.5k
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by ideology(m): 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
kufre2010: If only they will leave politics behind and face reality. Ibaga if develop will b the deepest sea port in Nigeria because it is naturally deep without artificial digging. But anything akwa ibm state deprivation always set in, we were talking about refinary deprivation came in, we requested 4 petrochemical Pres.Obj. took it to Ogun state b4 it was cancel, we requested for petroluem training institude but we were denied despite the fact that we are the second largest producer of petroluem, we requested 4 airport we were denied before govt. Attah took it upon himself, we requested for liquidified natural gas plant we were denied, now i believe some people are working politically hard to trunket the building of this seaport.
I pray so, see what politics have done to Tinapa, its not working at full capacity.
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by searay(m): 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
Our prayers should be that some Ogas at the top should not disrupt the progress of this port. Akwa Ibom ad'ok
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by macjive01: 6:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
THIS WILL BE THE FALL OF LAGOS !!!

bring it on -----IBAKA 2015--!!! GEJ 2019

2 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nebeuwa(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
To make the East a powerhouse is the task that must be done!

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by victorD3: 6:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
EUROBOMBER:

Presently everybody depends on Lagos to bring in ocean liners but that has to change for more development and faster economic growth.

OP I sense you are an insider just like me. However as an Engineer I know such megaprojects can't be delivered within 2 to 3 yrs. If you stay in Akwa-Ibon like I do then you would remember how long it took to dualize just AKA RD which even all the finance needed were on ground.
Secondly, the federal gov own just 30% stake and the state Gov 30% while the other 40% belongs to private investors (perhaps Godswill and GEJ private coys). So after 2015 why don't you feel the next governor will stop sponsoring the project because he will need he's own percentage which means the contract will have to be revisited. just like the Ibom Airport, Ibom Le meridian, Akwa-Ibom state university were reviewed when Akpabio came in just to change contractors, consultants and contract terms, designs to suit his greed.
I even have a strong indication that Ibaka might be termed a "white elephant project" by the next Governor just like Akpabio killed the Amamkpa refinary which was initiated by Obong Victor Attah, why? Because it wasn't his project and the terms Attah had with the private investors didn't suit him.

So my friend just rejoice that you are still alive to this day but not for Ibaka till we see it commisioned

3 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by adino(m): 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
mooregan:
Wait make government come build house for you o! Keep waiting..
And you've failed to know that when there is a function seaport in Akwa ibom, Industries will spring up left, right and centre cos of its proximity to imported raw materials or to be exported finished goods. Godswill is a man of Action, and its very evident cos the projects are everywhere.

Never Ever Ever reply that idiat, he is a confirmed retard in Nairaland. Morrons like epoma need to be avoided, that is his best medicine.
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Raypawer(m): 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
asha 80: are you sure about JB dualizing aba-ikot ekpene road?

yes of course..
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by victorD3: 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
[quote author=Raypawer]

yes of course..[/quot

Stop spreading wrong info. JB is only Dualizing Uyo - Ikot Ekpene rd.
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by ideology(m): 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
EPOMA:

you talk like a fool, for your information, there a company moving into ikot ekpene from China or so to open industry, I will get you the details, for your information government have nothing to do with building industries, their business is to create enabling environment for investors that's what Godswill have been doing, Go to ikot ekpene and abak and count the number of unpaved road, some areas have traffic lights, am not from there but went around in 2011 and was like wow, no wonder the company choose there and its close to Aba, if you are an engineer you will know the cost of constructing road not to talk of the quality of roads being done and by top firms. always appreciate what you have, if you know how people now envy us, have travelled far and wide, recently when I introduce myself as from akwa Ibom, they treatment is different, the even call me akpabio
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by ideology(m): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
EPOMA:

you talk like am uneducated person, for your information, there a company moving into ikot ekpene from China or so to open industry, I will get you the details, for your information government have nothing to do with building industries, their business is to create enabling environment for investors that's what Godswill have been doing, Go to ikot ekpene and abak and count the number of unpaved road, some areas have traffic lights, am not from there but went around in 2011 and was like wow, no wonder the company choose there and its close to Aba, if you are an engineer you will know the cost of constructing road not to talk of the quality of roads being done and by top firms. always appreciate what you have, if you know how people now envy us, have travelled far and wide, recently when I introduce myself as from akwa Ibom, they treatment is different, the even call me akpabio
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by acqiusitions042(m): 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
ideology:
who gets the internally generated revenue is it ss and se or lag, the goods are for sale in those regions and the prices and usually higher because of cost of transportation. a shirt one buys for 1200 it lag goes for 2k and 2.5k
. We no follow u drag. with this new port we will ship our goods straight to the east and then u will buy the shirts for 2k/ 2.5k in lag. Btw the federal govt collects the revenue for the ports. Ever heard of NPA?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South-East Governors Are Confusionists - Junaid Muhammad / Ahmad Lawan: Buhari Will Be Challenged Under Me – Senate President Vows / Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.