Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 (20194 Views)

Seaport In The South East / HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port / Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by playmode(m): 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
The comments on this thread confirmed what i have always suspected that the average Nigerian is the d0mbest human being alive.The government is building a deep seaport in Akwa Ibom and people are saying things like "this will be the fall of lagos".Jeez are you Nigerian this primitive in your thinking? Any intelligent person will be be praying for every region of Nigeria to develop so that our people can enjoy after so much suffering but here we tribalizing a simple as as infrastructural development.I urge you Nigerians regardless of your tribe to reason intelligently and stop acting like d0mb n_ggers.

I am not a fan of GEJ because he is corrupt and has not done much since becoming President ,that however will not stop me from appreciating any development in any part of the country. The more infrastructure Nigeria gets the better for all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by ideology(m): 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
victorD3:

OP I sense you are an insider just like me. However as an Engineer I know such megaprojects can't be delivered within 2 to 3 yrs. If you stay in Akwa-Ibon like I do then you would remember how long it took to dualize just AKA RD which even all the finance needed were on ground.
Secondly, the federal gov own just 30% stake and the state Gov 30% while the other 40% belongs to private investors (perhaps Godswill and GEJ private coys). So after 2015 why don't you feel the next governor will stop sponsoring the project because he will need he's own percentage which means the contract will have to be revisited. just like the Ibom Airport, Ibom Le meridian, Akwa-Ibom state university were reviewed when Akpabio came in just to change contractors, consultants and contract terms, designs to suit his greed.
I even have a strong indication that Ibaka might be termed a "white elephant project" by the next Governor just like Akpabio killed the Amamkpa refinary which was initiated by Obong Victor Attah, why? Because it wasn't his project and the terms Attah had with the private investors didn't suit him.

So my friend just rejoice that you are still alive to this day but not for Ibaka till we see it commisioned
for you information the vision of the port didn't start under Godswill's tenure leave the politics behind if GEJ continues 2015 and godswill a senator by 2015 and a loyal akwa Ibom Governor by 2015 nothing go do seaport. with regards to completion ccecc may not meet target, aka road was because of rainy season but they completed it in 2years, Julius have serious job already stadium target is Nov 2014, Uyo, ik to Aba road 2014, tropicana 2014, ccecc just have etinan to eket, ibeno to eket and may be oron to east-west road, bro Goody de vex

2 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by etim20(m): 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
ideology:
you talk like am uneducated person, for your information, there a company moving into ikot ekpene from China or so to open industry, I will get you the details, for your information government have nothing to do with building industries, their business is to create enabling environment for investors that's what Godswill have been doing, Go to ikot ekpene and abak and count the number of unpaved road, some areas have traffic lights, am not from there but went around in 2011 and was like wow, no wonder the company choose there and its close to Aba, if you are an engineer you will know the cost of constructing road not to talk of the quality of roads being done and by top firms. always appreciate what you have, if you know how people now envy us, have travelled far and wide, recently when I introduce myself as from akwa Ibom, they treatment is different, the even call me akpabio
BROs abeg u sure say u pass WAEC??
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by DoffMan2: 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
obitwo:

As if there is no Port in PH and despite the concentration of oil companies, it is not growing as fast as Lagos under any circumstance

The pH port is not deep enough.
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by ideology(m): 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
acqiusitions042: . We no follow u drag. with this new port we will ship our goods straight to the east and then u will buy the shirts for 2k/ 2.5k in lag. Btw the federal govt collects the revenue for the ports. Ever heard of NPA?
guy no vex, you misunderstood me am from akwa Ibom I was responding to someone who posted. read again. also note state get share from port, and the companies there are paying theirs to state not federal, when the ports starts operations the cost of moving goods to east will reduce, hence the product will be cheap, companies will also move to east since their raw materials will be readily available, from uyo to Aba now is 45mins because of the dual carriage road on course, business go boom for east.

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Yujin(m): 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
This is long overdue. Its not about Lagos falling but about what is right. Lagos is overcrowded and needs to be decongested. The eastern region with all its potentials needs to be empowered for the benefit of all. How can an empire of over a hundred million people have just one functional seaport? What else does Nigeria benefit from her vast shores? Shame to all those who have in one way or the other worked against all good projects from being established in the eastern part.I repeat: THE PROJECT IS GOING TO BE FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL. Let every reasonable person support it. Its capacity to create the much needed jobs is just immeasurable.

6 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by ideology(m): 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
playmode: The comments on this thread confirmed what i have always suspected that the average Nigerian is the d0mbest human being alive.The government is building a deep seaport in Akwa Ibom and people are saying things like "this will be the fall of lagos".Jeez are you Nigerian this primitive in your thinking? Any intelligent person will be be praying for every region of Nigeria to develop so that our people can enjoy after so much suffering but here we tribalizing a simple as as infrastructural development.I urge you Nigerians regardless of your tribe to reason intelligently and stop acting like d0mb n_ggers.

I am not a fan of GEJ because he is corrupt and has not done much since becoming President ,that however will not stop me from appreciating any development in any part of the country. The more infrastructure Nigeria gets the better for all of us.
pls mention any that is not corrupt, from the first day he resumed office, some people started throwing bombs, its not easy o o o
lets appreciate the ones we de see

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by ideology(m): 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
etim20:
BROs abeg u sure say u pass WAEC??
Your comment is not pointing anywhere, explain yourself you way get all A's in all your paper
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by DoffMan2: 7:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
playmode: The comments on this thread confirmed what i have always suspected that the average Nigerian is the d0mbest human being alive.The government is building a deep seaport in Akwa Ibom and people are saying things like "this will be the fall of lagos".Jeez are you Nigerian this primitive in your thinking? Any intelligent person will be be praying for every region of Nigeria to develop so that our people can enjoy after so much suffering but here we tribalizing a simple as as infrastructural development.I urge you Nigerians regardless of your tribe to reason intelligently and stop acting like d0mb n_ggers.

I bow 4 d pipo o?!

Govt build Ibaka seaport; Lagos will raise their game- "goods cleared in 3 days + half price charges etc". Add to this improved road & rail network, your goods will be in your warehouse in Abia/Onitsha/Owerri days before the man importing through Ibaka who will have to jump over hurdles carefully placed by "friendly" Ibibios and Annangs.
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nicepoker(m): 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
obitwo:

As if there is no Port in PH and despite the concentration of oil companies, it is not growing as fast as Lagos under any circumstance
bad belle
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by gottliebglobal(m): 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
macjive01: THIS WILL BE THE FALL OF LAGOS !!!

bring it on -----IBAKA 2015--!!! GEJ 2019
We do not want Lagos to fall. Please note that the ports in Lagos were built by the federal govt. with mostly oil money that comes from........we all know where.
It was only politics that delayed and actually destabilized govt plans to build , operate and maintain functioning ports along our coast. The Ibaka deep sea port has been in the works for years.
It was actually a Yoruba engineer that wrote the proposal forwarded to the then Gov. Attah, who did nothing until Akpabio came.
Again, for you doubting Thomases, follow Gov. Akpabio and show me where he did not complete what he started.
Ibaka will be a blessing to all.

3 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by proudlyAfrica(m): 9:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
macjive01: [size=18pt]IGBOS ACCEPT A BABA-ANINI TO HEAD YOUR MARKET OR LEAVE LAGOS ! [/size]
....hahhaa...where this bleeping b*ch! Oozed out from?...what has dis gibberish got to do wth wat we re talking abt here..
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by MrMcJay(m): 9:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
ideology:
Go to ikot ekpene and abak and count the number of unpaved road, some areas have traffic lights,

Lolz. I guess Obafemi Awolowo University has more traffic lights than Akwa-Ibom state.

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Keneeby(m): 9:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
I like Akpabio, he is a man of his words. The seaport is a reality he will deliver it come 2015. The man is nearly completing almost all his projects. I'm proud 2 hv a man like him. Uyo, my beautiful city, here i come!
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by MrMcJay(m): 9:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
Please, is Ibaka seaport part of Biafra?
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by abinsco25(m): 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
Pray for the fall of Lagos,and we will see how your akwa ibom port will be actualised.
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nebeuwa(m): 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
Mr McJay: Please, is Ibaka seaport part of Biafra?

It is for the people of the former Eastern region. cool
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by ksington: 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To
Start Operations In 2015 by ITbomb
(m ): 10:54pm On Jul 31
Very soon Lagos shakara go end . Ibaka is much
nearer to Aba.

plzzz, am not being ethnocentric here, but ibaka is nt nearer to aba in any way infact it is far from ikot ekpene talk less of aba....pls check ur map. To our igbo brodas una don see wetin onye mmongo get
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by ak47mann(m): 11:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
This is a welcome development.Soon eastern nigeria will be economically solid,strongest economy in Africa cool

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by ksington: 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
Nebeuwa:

It is for the people of the former Eastern region. cool

bros leave dat thing, dere s nothing lyk "former eastern region" we seperate be say we don seperate. #one nigeria bro#
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by ksington: 11:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
gottliebglobal:
We do not want Lagos to fall. Please note that the ports in Lagos were built by the federal govt. with mostly oil money that comes from........we all know where.
It was only politics that delayed and actually destabilized govt plans to build , operate and maintain functioning ports along our coast. The Ibaka deep sea port has been in the works for years.
It was actually a Yoruba engineer that wrote the proposal forwarded to the then Gov. Attah, who did nothing until Akpabio came.
Again, for you doubting Thomases, follow Gov. Akpabio and show me where he did not complete what he started.
Ibaka will be a blessing to all.

bros, u are on point,
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
Completing the sea port by 2015 is just 1 aspect of a mega project(ibom industrial city)..,!The ibom industrial city includes d deep sea port,an industrial mix of oil and gas-based support services,housing dockyard,watercraft,repair facilities,fertilizer plant,oil refinary and gas to liquid projects,petrochemical industries,power plants,schools,hospitals,logistics,warehouse,hotels,shopping mall,housing estate..!1 tin is 4 sure,Akpabio's succesor has alot of work to do.Atleast rome was not built in a day,we are sure getting thr by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by willibounce: 11:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
Don't just know why these igbo ppl just like wahala. See them shouting 'fall of Lagos'. Even d ones who don't have anytin to offer. Una rejoice pass akwaibom ppl wey d seaport dey their land. D next thing is d igbos to start bragging about owning akwa ibom and developing it.

Una claim bayelsa cos of jonathan
Una claim PH/delta because of oyel
U claim Lagos cos of d chemist wey u get for lagos
U claim kaduna cos of okrika wey una dey sell there.
Make una calm down. Ibo and akwa ibom no be dsame language. Make una try achieve sometin on una own and stop this by foRce atache up n down. Whatever development tht happens in any part of the country is for everybody's good. Igbo pipu make una calm down. Iwatago!

Won ma pe yin o, ko ti kan yin.... E lo sempe!

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ibom industrial city masterplan.

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 14, 2013
Master plan

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 14, 2013
Complete view of the masterplan expected to be thretched 4rm esit eket,ibeno to mbo lga.

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Ama28(f): 12:52am On Aug 14, 2013
My concern Mr Governor are those kids living at Ibaka beach and sleeping under that shades, those little boys and girls called beach children by the Ibaka locals who wake up by 1am to await a boat arriving from cameroon with fish to offload and be paid/extorted by the owners who give them one fish per bucket they offload!

I hope your beautiful (as usual) policy for development will take them into consideration and relocate them for rehabilitation.
Long live Our Children!

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 1:01am On Aug 14, 2013
willibounce: D next thing is d igbos to start bragging about owning akwa ibom and developing it.
heaven bear me witness,i av upload pics of the proposed ibom planned industrial city today the 14/8/2013,so dat 10-20 yrs later my ibo brodas would not say dat they whr d one that developed aks o.No b play o.
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Dunexxx(m): 4:53am On Aug 14, 2013
demelza: grin
Chai, some Nairalanders will not kee me grin

Wetin carry ur eyes go there?
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by agbameta: 5:25am On Aug 14, 2013
phantom: common sense is not my problem.i want to know what you think.infact f*&k what you think.60 to 70% of the goods coming in are headed to the east.take that to the bank and be ready to retire from your broke a** day job in a few years!

Exactly what's the so called 70% goods? Consumables? Construction equipments, Farming equipments, automobiles? Just what?

1. How many people are left in the east to consume 70% goods entering Nigeria? What are they doing with it?

2. What and where are the construction activities in the east because the east is not synonymous with projects and they haven't commissioned any in a long time?

3. The buying power and population needed to consume 70% of the goods entering Nigeria is not in the east, even the meager GDP of the whole eastern region can not support 70%.

4. And this 70% figure came from where exactly? From inside ya pata or some official government data?

I know you people like to beat your hollow chest needlessly, but try pump your breaks sometimes because your proclamations gets too absurd, ridiculous, kindergarten and elementary sometimes.. grin grin
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by phantom(m): 6:15am On Aug 14, 2013

nigerians are damaged goods! Dont kid yourself that because you probably live abroad, you are somewhat exempt from the above.the concept of a detribalized nigerian is a big fraud.never forget that!
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by phantom(m): 6:38am On Aug 14, 2013
agbameta:

Exactly what's the so called 70% goods? Consumables? Construction equipments, Farming equipments, automobiles? Just what?

1. How many people are left in the east to consume 70% goods entering Nigeria? What are they doing with it?

2. What and where are the construction activities in the east because the east is not synonymous with projects and they haven't commissioned any in a long time?

3. The buying power and population needed to consume 70% of the goods entering Nigeria is not in the east, even the meager GDP of the whole eastern region can not support 70%.

4. And this 70% figure came from where exactly? From inside ya pata or some official government data?

I know you people like to beat your hollow chest needlessly, but try pump your breaks sometimes because your proclamations gets too absurd, ridiculous, kindergarten and elementary sometimes.. grin grin

spoken like one who has never been to the east.we have 'original' products,china made and aba made.never heard of ibadan made or ondo made.why? Its simple.theres lots of manufacturing going on in the east.when i mention 'east' i refer both to the geographical entity AND the people.meaning? The ' east' is not just in nnewi and aba but also in lagos, kano or even PHC.there is a spare parts village here in ph called ikoku populated by 'you know who' .they just dont sell parts anymore here.they produce and now assemble parts here.i kid you not.and we are talking of a place not up to 1 KM in length.the east might be small,but the output from its people is too enormous!we consume and use the above goods you listed in large quantities i make bold to say.if you still dont believe me, maybe you can tell me why the benin ore highway does not survive each rainy season.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Governor And A Senator Who Is More Powerful In Nigeria? / Nigerian Citizenship Eligibility With Regard To Elected Offices / 8 Deadly Security Threats Nigeria Is Facing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.