Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,317 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 (20208 Views)

Seaport In The South East / HELP !! Yoruba Plot To KILL Ibaka Deep Sea Port / Ibaka Seaport ’ll Create 100,000 Jobs – Gov Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by naptu2: 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
ujoinme: Ibaka seaport will be good for nigeria reason being that it will be designed to recieve big ships due to its depth such that ships that cannot berth at the shallow ports that dot the nigerian shoreline will be able to berth there.

this seaport will make other surrounding seaport profitable as goods that come in there will be broken up and smaller ships will transport them to all port in nigeria.

the need for a deep seaport should not be overemphasized in nigeria and hence every nigerian should be cheering for these ports despite the fact that other states are also pursuing the same goal as we have lekki, olokola, badagry and the ibaka seaport on the pipeline. Am cheering for all of them to be built as that will address the infrastructural deficit in the country.

as per the profitability of these ports that should be left for the free market to decide and not politics. i don't understand why some Nigerians will be against any infrastructure that will benefit the country simply because its not sited at their region.

The availability of viable seaport is likned directly to the development of any country and as nigerians we should be thankful that we are blessed with these natural shorlines.

Very good post.

+100

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by IGBOSON1: 11:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
omonnakoda: The last time Ojuiku tried it many of my kinsmen died in the ensuing police action to restore order when the "Calabar" people cried out for liberation.So I have a duty to ensure that my kinsmen did not die in vain. They need to be protected from any aggressive neighbours.Kudos to "Calabar" people for developing their land with their God-given wealth. Soon Places like Eket ,Oron ,Uyo,Calabar,Ogoja,Ikom etc would be world class cities while their kidnapping neighbour will look on in envy

^^^Surely you're having a laugh! undecided

So where were you when Gowon (with the full knowledge of your man Awo) was packaging Bakassi like a Christmas present and handing over to Cameroun?.....and how come you suddenly lost that hunger to liberate the people of Odi when OBJ visited mayhem and destruction on them; the people of Zaki Biam nko? Besides, when exactly did the 'Calabars' send emissaries to you lot asking for liberation......and liberation from what exactly? Care to list Ikembas sins against them for us to know and compare with what they've gone through since they've been liberated?

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by pazienza(m): 4:42am On Aug 16, 2013
omonnakoda: The Akwa Ibom people out of the bounty of their land and their wisdom decided to build a Port and some other jokers are already planning what the port will be used for and how it will develop THEIR own land as if the Akwa Ibom People will just stand by and clap for them.How arrogant can a people be. There is no talk of the benefits to Cross River , Rivers or Taraba .Already they are coveting it as their own. Let us wait till then so we shall see how "foolish" Calabar people really are. The Akwa Ibom government is more focussed on facilitating export particularly oil and gas and not on the imports of fake drugs and other counterfeit tinz

Anyway talk is cheap. While we wait for them to buy their first bag of cement at the Ibaka site real work is going on in Lagos State and we shall soon have the Lekki Port and the Badagry Port completed.The Lekki port like the Ibaka one both claim that they will be completed in 2015 so let us wait and see what happens "when market set"
Konquest: A lot of non-ibos are heavily into importation business - and/or import-export business in Nigeria. A lot of Yoruba, Edo, Lebanese and other multi-nationals are heavily into this sector. Ibos wrongly think they are the only people bringing containers into Nigeria but a lot of those containers do NOT belong to ibos.

So even if they move to Ibaka axis of Akwa Ibom State, business will still boom in the western ports with cargo moving up north of Nigeria as well. Lekki Free Trade Zone will also lead to a boom.

I'm happy for Akwa Ibom and Nigeria over Ibaka and hope indigenes of Akwa Ibom will key into it business-wise as well
so that some "outsiders" will not start saying they are the ones that built Akwa Ibom and own 50% of the houses in Akwa Ibom - or constitute 75% of Akwa Ibom within the next 10 years of arrival[Pun Intended]
wink
omonnakoda: The last time Ojuiku tried it many of my kinsmen died in the ensuing police action to restore order when the "Calabar" people cried out for liberation.So I have a duty to ensure that my kinsmen did not die in vain. They need to be protected from any aggressive neighbours.Kudos to "Calabar" people for developing their land with their God-given wealth. Soon Places like Eket ,Oron ,Uyo,Calabar,Ogoja,Ikom etc would be world class cities while their kidnapping neighbour will look on in envy
Konquest: A lot of non-ibos are heavily into importation business - and/or import-export business in Nigeria. A lot of Yoruba, Edo, Lebanese and other multi-nationals are heavily into this sector. Ibos wrongly think they are the only people bringing containers into Nigeria but a lot of those containers do NOT belong to ibos.

So even if they move to Ibaka axis of Akwa Ibom State, business will still boom in the western ports with cargo moving up north of Nigeria as well. Lekki Free Trade Zone will also lead to a boom.

I'm happy for Akwa Ibom and Nigeria over Ibaka and hope indigenes of Akwa Ibom will key into it business-wise as well
so that some "outsiders" will not start saying they are the ones that built Akwa Ibom and own 50% of the houses in Akwa Ibom - or constitute 75% of Akwa Ibom within the next 10 years of arrival[Pun Intended]
wink

Same old tactics of divide and rule, very soon, some of them will morph into akwa ibom people under new monikers,and start making anti igbo comments. Just watch out for them brothers.

2 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 02, 2013
I think Akwaibom seaport wud do d east good,,,as a result of d presence and proximity of 2 river ports to it(anambra port and oguta river port)...

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by omonnakoda: 11:54am On Sep 02, 2013
Lagos will end up with 5 seaports and several airports.Thank God we don't have swampy or creeks as our coastline and we have leaders with foresight. The Lagos Port has been there since 1890 and the new ones will be built by businessmen with vision Eko oo ni boje
The Ibaka seaport will be good for the SS peole while the landlocked SE will look on in envy

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
omonnakoda: Lagos will end up with 5 seaports and several airports.Thank God we don't have swampy or creeks as our coastline and we have leaders with foresight. The Lagos Port has been there since 1890 and the new ones will be built by businessmen with vision Eko oo ni boje
The Ibaka seaport will be good for the SS peole while the landlocked SE will look on in envy
Its dat envy dat wud make us park out of lagos with all our business and sell out our properties to Kayode's like u...at least dz tym...d relationship wud be mutual,,,keep shouting ss bcoz u re sad of d new developments...keep shouting ss and se re diff bcoz u don't want d Igbo's to take der containers to the east,keep shouting ss bcoz u knw most igbo's re sole distributors to many international firms,u guys love ur eko,,,d difference btw lagos and every other Nigerian state is money...with money,doz ur airports can be built even 15 in 1 state is our business,,,so pls don't die
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 02, 2013
Ndi east/igbo kwenu

2 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by basilo101: 11:30pm On Sep 03, 2013
omonnakoda: Lagos will end up with 5 seaports and several airports.Thank God we don't have swampy or creeks as our coastline and we have leaders with foresight. The Lagos Port has been there since 1890 and the new ones will be built by businessmen with vision Eko oo ni boje
so d ibaka port will be more beneficial 2 smbody at Benin dan smbody at Aba?
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by basilo101: 12:00am On Sep 04, 2013
agbameta:

Exactly what's the so called 70% goods? Consumables? Construction equipments, Farming equipments, automobiles? Just what?

1. How many people are left in the east to consume 70% goods entering Nigeria? What are they doing with it?

2. What and where are the construction activities in the east because the east is not synonymous with projects and they haven't commissioned any in a long time?

3. The buying power and population needed to consume 70% of the goods entering Nigeria is not in the east, even the meager GDP of the whole eastern region can not support 70%.

4. And this 70% figure came from where exactly? From inside ya pata or some official government data?

I know you people like to beat your hollow chest needlessly, but try pump your breaks sometimes because your proclamations gets too absurd, ridiculous, kindergarten and elementary sometimes.. grin grin
Onitsha is a veri large wholesale market and ppl kum frm ova nigeria evn niger n cameroon 2 buy goods.
Hw abt ur own hollow chest u beat abt being d most educated while jamb n unity school statistics continue 2 prove u wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 04, 2013
I don't even knw for him o...he forgot dat most of d business men and distributors re Igbo's,,,nothing stops us from importing from Ibaka seaport and still selling it to ppl in Lagos smiley...
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by omonnakoda: 7:00am On Sep 04, 2013
lygn19:
Its dat envy dat wud make us park out of lagos with all our business and sell out our properties to Kayode's like u...at least dz tym...d relationship wud be mutual,,,keep shouting ss bcoz u re sad of d new developments...keep shouting ss and se re diff bcoz u don't want d Igbo's to take der containers to the east,keep shouting ss bcoz u knw most igbo's re sole distributors to many international firms,u guys love ur eko,,,d difference btw lagos and every other Nigerian state is money...with money,doz ur airports can be built even 15 in 1 state is our business,,,so pls don't die

Envy, lol

What business? Nestle,Flour Mills,Dangote? Nigerian Brewereies,Guinness,Cadbury,Nestle,Berger Paints,May & Baker,Neimeth Pharmaceuticals, IPWA, Chemicals and Allied Products or Onward Press,Eleganza Industries or what Please tell us what buiness exacty? You guys are clowns. You call your dirty shops at Ladipo Business? You are traders that's all, you produce nothing and specialize mostly in selling fake things. Somehow you delude yourselves Lagos needs you. We can't wait to see your backs.
The Stock market is in Lagos as is the Money Market,Maersk,7Up and other serious players doing serious business not village champions making noise and degrading the environment.
The reason you are so dependent on the Port is all you know is buying and selling.Lagos is moving beyond that.

Tell us what it is that you produce for export.Till tomorrow next to oil the Largest earner of FOREX is Cocoa. Tell us what you contribute to our FOREX

Please tell us your "businesses" listed on the Stock EXchange. Do not disappoint

2 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 04, 2013
omonnakoda:

Envy, lol

What business? Nestle,Flour Mills,Dangote? Nigerian Brewereies,Guinness,Cadbury,Nestle,Berger Paints,May & Baker,Neimeth Pharmaceuticals, IPWA, Chemicals and Allied Products or Onward Press,Eleganza Industries or what Please tell us what buiness exacty? You guys are clowns. You call your dirty shops at Ladipo Business? You are traders that's all, you produce nothing and specialize mostly in selling fake things. Somehow you delude yourselves Lagos needs you. We can't wait to see your backs.
The Stock market is in Lagos as is the Money Market,Maersk,7Up and other serious players doing serious business not village champions making noise and degrading the environment.
The reason you are so dependent on the Port is all you know is buying and selling.Lagos is moving beyond that.

Tell us what it is that you produce for export.Till tomorrow next to oil the Largest earner of FOREX is Cocoa. Tell us what you contribute to our FOREX

Please tell us your "businesses" listed on the Stock EXchange. Do not disappoint
ThankGod u said nxt to oil,,,coz the last tym I checked d southeast has oil,and my state is also a Niger delta state,and also an oil producing state...lol...COCOA sth dat any KAYODE can plant on hz bckyard...lol...even if u like tumble d entire west,u won't hv half d oil we got,,,also d reason y doz businesses re located in d west is bcoz of d ports der,,,do u expect a foreign capitalist to locate a business in d east wen d only functioning port is like 5states away?...pls don't die of ENVY when u see Lagos seaport dat used to be d Almighty and unshakable,,,giving out adverts to business men on TV..."LoL...Import 1 container and get rail transport free... All Hail D KAYODE's

1 Like

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by omonnakoda: 8:05am On Sep 04, 2013
lygn19:
ThankGod u said nxt to oil,,,coz the last tym I checked d southeast has oil,and my state is also a Niger delta state,and also an oil producing state...lol...COCOA sth dat any KAYODE can plant on hz bckyard...lol...even if u like tumble d entire west,u won't hv half d oil we got,,,also d reason y doz businesses re located in d west is bcoz of d ports der,,,do u expect a foreign capitalist to locate a business in d east wen d only functioning port is like 5states away?...pls don't die of ENVY when u see Lagos seaport dat used to be d Almighty and unshakable,,,giving out adverts to business men on TV..."LoL...Import 1 container and get rail transport free... All Hail D KAYODE's
I said next to oil because I am more interested in HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY. The SW has oil too and much more oil than the SE. How much oil does the SE have Why not name your state ,the SE is not Niger Delta. Sooner or later they will find oil in Kano. Let us talk about HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY !!!

You are still TALKING about port we have THREE and TWO more are being built NOT with GOvernment MONEY. Let us see which Port will come on line first. Talk is cheap. HAVE THEY BROKEN GROUND AT IBAKA??
Anyway we were talking of businesses and I don't know how many SE people are in oil business compared to others Let us focus on HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY.
What businesses in Lagos are you talking about?
What do you contribute to Fore from your so called hardworking and enterprising nature. Even Kwara state is the number one earner from Cashew nuts. What do your PEOPLE contribute to FOREX in Nigeria
The Port has been there since 1890 why did they not locate it at Mgbidi then. You talk of Business what business . You only sell what we produce in Lagos or your fake goods.Tell us what business?
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 04, 2013
omonnakoda:
I said next to oil because I am more interested in HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY. The SW has oil too and much more oil than the SE. How much oil does the SE have Why not name your state ,the SE is not Niger Delta. Sooner or later they will find oil in Kano. Let us talk about HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY !!!

Anyway we were talking of businesses and I don't know how many SE people are in oil business compared to others Let us focus on HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY.
What do you contribute to Fore from your so called hardworking and enterprising nature. Even Kwara state is the number one earner from Cashew nuts. What do your PEOPLE contribute to FOREX in Nigeria
LoL...as far as u were sane enuf to say d south east is not part of Niger Delta,,,as long as u re sane enuf to say Imo is not in d list of Oil producing states,as long as u re sane enuf to say south west has more oil dan d south east...lol... I don't think I ll be sane enuf to answer u untill u go for checkup
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 04, 2013
omonnakoda:

LoL...as far as u were sane enuf to say d south east is not part of Niger Delta,,,as long as u re sane enuf to say Imo,Anambra and Abia are not in d list of Oil producing states,as long as u re sane enuf to say south west has more oil dan d south east...lol... I don't think I ll be sane enuf to answer u untill u go for checkup
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by omonnakoda: 8:15am On Sep 04, 2013
lygn19:
LoL...as far as u were sane enuf to say d south east is not part of Niger Delta,,,as long as u re sane enuf to say Imo is not in d list of Oil producing states,as long as u re sane enuf to say south west has more oil dan d south east...lol... I don't think I ll be sane enuf to answer u untill my father goes for checkup
OK when he returns let us know. Ibaka seaport remains a dream. They are going to sign Memorandum of understanding this month.lol
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 04, 2013
D south west really has a lot of human resources,,, we have-
1)The Alaye human resources(the lagos thugs we know).
2)The Tinubu human resources(the looters crew)
3)The Kayode's(the knucklehead loudmouted cowards)
4)The go bck to ur land resources(the Lagos 4 yoruba, Niger delta for all)...etc
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 04, 2013
omonnakoda:
OK when he returns let us know. Ibaka seaport remains a dream. They are going to sign Memorandum of understanding this month.lol
Don't worry its tinubu dat wud sign d MOU...
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 04, 2013
omonnakoda:

You are still TALKING about port we have THREE and TWO more are being built NOT with GOvernment MONEY. Let us see which Port will come on line first. Talk is cheap. HAVE THEY BROKEN GROUND AT IBAKA??
The Port has been there since 1890 why did they not locate it at Mgbidi then. You talk of Business what business . You only sell what we produce in Lagos or your fake goods.Tell us what business?
Don't worry even if they like let them build 20seaports in Lagos,,, All I know is that Tinubu must sign dat MOU,nd dats final'''lol
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
How far
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by cheruv: 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nebeuwa: My Eastern brothers (Igbos, Ibibios,Efik, Annang, Ijaw, Ogoni, Ekoi,) look at the jealousy that in coming from our Western brothers. angry
these nations are part of the gulf of Guinea coprosperity sphere
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
My next HUMMER will enter through Ibaka
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by omonnakoda: 11:21am On Apr 25, 2015
They have created another thread to say Yoruba have sabotaged the project grin

3 Likes

Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Keneeby(m): 3:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
0GBUEFI:
This is three years after you made this comment ... Akpabio hasnt built the Ibaka seaport and he is leaving office in few weeks time. Is it suffice to say that you lot have been scammed?

He is still better than many governors. He still remain one of the best.
Re: Ibaka Seaport In Akwa Ibom To Start Operations In 2015 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
I can finally say Jonathan is a fool. He has five years to unlock the south south and south east a d he wasted it doing nothing.
second Niger bridge will be tolled on igbos. enugu airport is not really recognised internationally. many airlines still prefer to land at lagos or abuja.
ibaka seaport is worse than second Niger bridge. nothing happening there.

With majority of pdp senators he couldn't give igbos one more state. Smh. Jonathan you are a fool. It will take mighty long for another ss to rule and you wasted chances of unloving former eastern region.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekiti Crisis: APC Lawmakers Gives Terms For Truce / Peter Obi And Datti Visit Emir Of Minna,HRH Umar F. Barago (Photo) / President Buhari Hiding Unemployment Data Because Of 2019 Elections- Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.