Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market (44461 Views)

Gaidam Gave Out 100's Of Hilux Vehicles To The Army, Police (pic) / Suicide Bombs: Muslims Kick As Army, Police Frisk Women In Hijab, Burka - Punch / Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
masu:

but this is a bad trend in a country like ours. fashola is a tribalist I must confess.

He is not a tribalist. You must abide by rules and tradition of your host. The problem with the Igbo traders at Ladipo market is that; they don't want to be ruled by Babaloja. It is a tradition that must be respected. You don't come from the East and tell Oba of Lagos to put the seat of Babaloja to a vote.

Ask yourself this question: Can Igbo people do the same they are trying in Lagos in places like Kano, Bornu, Bauchi, Katsina, Bornu or Sokoto?

You don't tell your host how to treat you. You adapt to the treatment your host gives you. If you don't like the treatment, you move for your sake.

5 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Mesico2(m): 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
masu:

hHAHAHAHAHAHA guy pls don't ask me the question again, my dad and so many of my kins men fought the war along with Yoruba soldiers and they told us a lot that happens in the war front,

ask yourself why is it only black scorpion a Yoruba that said "he is going to shoot anything moving or whatever"
Abeggy make I hear word. Who be your dad that fought the civil war? So because your dad tell u his personal experience about the war now make u think yoruba hate igbo? What if your dad personally hate yorubas too and decided to poising the mind of u his kid? I also have a personal grudge against igbo cos my dad also lost his 3 storey up-stairs building located at no15 Bida street in Onitsha to the war and so? Tell me where u are from in Benue and I'll tell u my personal experience of igbos in that your same benue and how they hate us yoruba with their life.
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by masu: 7:04pm On Aug 01, 2013
Ji_sun_pack:

No! If you have more than 20 million, we give you asylum cool

But if you hunt for gala or la casera then I'm sorry grin

stop this hate and wicked statements, these guys are humans just like us, they don't pluck money from the tree, its their sweat and labour so they are entitle to enjoy it.

no where in the constitution of Nigeria that states that a citizen is a foreigner in any part of the country.
look at it coming the yorubas and the core north are dividing this country gradually bcus of their ibo hatred.

the war is over lets move on stop hunting for ibos and their properties and businesses.
are we not fair enough in the middle belt to allow yorubas and ibos trade freely and move freely live in peace.
pls accommodate others stop the media hype that you guys are tolerant.

this is why I don't blv people that talks so much and do little.

1 Like

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 01, 2013
Bwahahahahahaha

It seems the "cowards" are winning and the "brave" ones are about to go back to begging! grin

You can't make this shiit up!!

They talk the talk but can't walk the walk!! undecided undecided

*Unfollows thread*

1 Like

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by idumuose(m): 7:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
When will Fashola begin to deport miscreants dotted all over
shomolu,oshodi,mushin?I mean omo ita(area boys),these guys are
the real problem of lagos.I am happy this is happening now.let
the federal government dredge the river niger so that ships
bringing in containers can berth so that these folks can return
home and invest.
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by masu: 7:08pm On Aug 01, 2013
Mesico2: Abeggy make I hear word. Who be your dad that fought the civil war? So because your dad tell u his personal experience about the war now make u think yoruba hate igbo? What if your dad personally hate yorubas too and decided to poising the mind of u his kid? I also have a personal grudge against igbo cos my dad also lost his 3 storey up-stairs building located at no15 Bida street in Onitsha to the war and so? Tell me where u are from in Benue and I'll tell u my personal experience of igbos in that your same benue and how they hate us yoruba with their life.

i don't wana trade words with you but search your conscience if it tells you that fashola action is wrong why not condemn fashola .

by the way sir are you a Christian or muslim?
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by kettykin: 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
if by omission or commission igbos are forced or frustrated out of Lagos , Yorubas and their business which is not limited to Glo, connoil up stream , oando up stream ,GTB,Sterling,Skye Bank,FCMB, will be forced and frustrated out of the East and Niger Delta.

it is an eye for and eye not an eye for an ear or nose
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by taharqa2: 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2013
Mesico2: Irrelevant comment. Local laws' issue is different from NGF palava bro. Beside, what majority are u talking about? Does being majority in the market make u the owner of the market? Were u guys in Lagos in the first instance to fight for post or do your trading peacefully? God bless u on our land and now u want to be dragging which belong to us from us. Pls and pls don't get it started

Now, now sm of d 'logic' been used on this thread is ASTONISHING even for Shameless HYPOCRITES like yaself. Did you just say 'it is our LAND, and nobody should drag it with us'? 'Land'?? For God's sake, This is a MARKET, not some land. It is an Economic/Business undataking by a group of person who have taken d risk of investing and have every right to protecting those investments, by at d very least, feeling they hv sm control over the venture. This is not sm traditional heirloom (nee, 'Land') unda sm unknown, immutable 'traditional laws' to be manipulated by lazy, unproductive peeps under the guise of 'naour land'!! It is a built business; a MARKET...

That stu.pid logic of yours is akin to me rising up today with sm guys in Benin and rushing to d Aduwawa Cattle market at d outskirts of d City, and imposing a 'leader' on d Cattle owners/sellers there (who are mostly Hausa and Fulani) cos it 'na our land' and they ought to obey our 'local laws'!!! Like that, right??.

*bunchofdumbazzes*

4 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2013
Geomac:

You are very safe under the PDP Umbrella. We need more people to take over Lagos State in 2015. Tell your friends, family members etc that PDP is the future. You are welcome sister.
Me join PDP, I dey craze? that's jumping from frying pan to fire. I rather join Chris Okotie's Fresh Democratic Party. angry
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Jisunpack: 7:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
masu:

stop this hate and wicked statements, these guys are humans just like us, they don't pluck money from the tree, its their sweat and labour so they are entitle to enjoy it.

no where in the constitution of Nigeria that states that a citizen is a foreigner in any part of the country.
look at it coming the yorubas and the core north are dividing this country gradually bcus of their ibo hatred.

the war is over lets move on stop hunting for ibos and their properties and businesses.
are we not fair enough in the middle belt to allow yorubas and ibos trade freely and move freely live in peace.
pls accommodate others stop the media hype that you guys are tolerant.

this is why I don't blv people that talks so much and do little.

You came up with this worthless epistles because we asked you to respect our norms and traditions? Can you try this nonsense in Kano? Infact, can you try this nonsense in rivers state? Did Theodore Orji not sacked and deport his fellow Igbo brothers from Abia State civil service?

5 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by masu: 7:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
Ji_sun_pack:

You came up with this worthless epistles because we asked you to respect our norms and traditions? Can you try this nonsense in Kano? Infact, can you try this nonsense in rivers state? Did Theodore Orji not sacked and deport his fellow Igbo brothers from Abia State civil service?

mind you am not ibo but because as a Christian am obliged to say the truth where ever and when ever i see one.

th bottom line is that there are hatred and envy of the ibos in the mind of average Yoruba man.
am saying this with sincerity not to down grade the yorubas. ofcourse there are many good side of yorubas but on this i confirm it to be true.
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by kasiem(m): 7:23pm On Aug 01, 2013
Since this issues started all i have been waiting for is to see the comments from idio.ts like eziachi, abagworo, okorocha, ngige et al
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by olabukola: 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
This will be bad for Ngige in the coming election in Anambra.
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by masu: 7:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
why fashola why? you of all people, you can control yourself from this tribalism unless you are fake and all the media hype about you are false.

the onlyman that makes me to blv there's hope yet for naija

there are Yoruba mayors in Britain that alone is a kesson.
the bible said concerning the servant who cannot forgive another servant that owe him little to what he owe his master but were forgiven, "get him an throw him inside the prison till he paid the last penny"
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Moves: 7:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
I hardly comment on tribalistic threads, but reading comments of socalled nigerians here, I sincerely hope that this is not representative of the nigerian populace. Are all the Sabo's in the southwest headed by Yorubas?
In other time with Tinubu's daughter installation some goons here justified her imposition that she was democractically elected by market people and was not imposed by the Oba or lagos state gov; this now begs the question was the disputed baba Oloja elected by 99% of the market traders. We should always remember that we always tend to expect to be treated equally when we are in a foreign country and quick shout racism or descrimination when we are not; comments above shows that we are guilty or what we tend to accuse others of; if an Igbo or Hausa person can be given chieftancy title by Oba's why then cant they be elected as baba Oloja.

4 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by masu: 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
kasiem: Since this issues started all i have been waiting for is to see the comments from idio.ts like eziachi, abagworo, okorocha, ngige et al

shame has covered them
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Garrithe1st: 7:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
kettykin: if by omission or commission igbos are forced or frustrated out of Lagos , Yorubas and their business which is not limited to Glo, connoil up stream , oando up stream ,GTB,Sterling,Skye Bank,FCMB, will be forced and frustrated out of the East and Niger Delta.

it is an eye for and eye not an eye for an ear or nose

Attache by force!!!

Why can't you cowards fight your battles without bringing in the Niger-Deltans??

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
If igbos won't obey Our customary Law... Fashola should pull down the market and rebuild a standard market or amusement park... Hahaha... We are tired of buying stolen goods and fake spare parts frm iboz...
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Mesico2(m): 8:04pm On Aug 01, 2013
masu:

i don't wana trade words with you but search your conscience if it tells you that fashola action is wrong why not condemn fashola .

by the way sir are you a Christian or muslim?
My choice of religion is meaningless here my brother. What am saying is when u find yourself in a peaceful environment that happen not to be your village and God is blessing u and your family, then all u should care about is your daily bread not dragging with the locals of which belong to them. There was a case of David Mark during the campaigns for 2011 elections when he threatened non-idomas in Otukpo of eviction simply because they turned against PDP. Then they let him do his wishes on his people and everybody move on with their lives. That's what understanding is all about. So igbos should respect their hosts for peace to reign. And again I still want to know which part of benue u are from.

1 Like

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by masu: 8:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
Olamagnifico: If igbos won't obey Our customary Law... Fashola should pull down the market and rebuild a standard market or amusement park... Hahaha... We are tired of buying stolen goods and fake spare parts frm iboz...
my advice to fashola is not to build market there no matter the standard after pulling down this current one.
bcus it take more than government help and juju help to beat this ibos in trading field, just give it to them they are number one on that infact the best i hav seen in the land of the black.

but i still blv this ibos are beatable in business and trading but not until government stop giving Fulani,hausa and yorubas unreasonable advantage over ibos. let us all compete on a level ground play we can develop and stand tall with the ibos or above them. but if we continue on government sizures or their goods bla bla for sure we are doomed with that.
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by masu: 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2013
Mesico2: My choice of religion is meaningless here my brother. What am saying is when u find yourself in a peaceful environment that happen not to be your village and God is blessing u and your family, then all u should care about is your daily bread not dragging with the locals of which belong to them. There was a case of David Mark during the campaigns for 2011 elections when he threatened non-idomas in Otukpo of eviction simply because they turned against PDP. Then they let him do his wishes on his people and everybody move on with their lives. That's what understanding is all about. So igbos should respect their hosts for peace to reign. And again I still want to know which part of benue u are from.

thanks bro for your response though still unrealistic yet i will help you out.

why not the yorubas impose a baba oloja on hausa Fulani that sell live stocks? why only the ibo dominated markets?

why did Fulani/kanuri bombers usualy bomb markets or business areas populated by ibos? why not the Yoruba tailors etc?

be sincere in answering me the questions, i tell you only then do we see the solution we are looking for in this country.

if david mark did a thing as u mentioned above he is a bigot for doing so, am not as silly as changing the goal post just bcus my brother is involved. u bring in david mark issue just to defend the indefensible that its a norm here in Nigeria. pls bro accept it once and for all that fashola has demonic intentions against the ibos and good yorubas has to stand against him on that.

remember today you are ontop and tomoro sure you will not be their again, and what if the ibos are there how do you want them to treat you? bible says "do to others (the good things) what you want them to do for you"

2 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Mesico2(m): 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
taharqa2: Now, now sm of d 'logic' been used on this thread is ASTONISHING even for Shameless HYPOCRITES like yaself. Did you just say 'it is our LAND, and nobody to drag it with us'? 'Land'?? This is a MARKET, not a land. It is an Economic/Business undataking by a group of person who have taken d risk of investing and have every right to protect those investments, by at d very least, feeling they hv sm control over the venture. This is not sm traditional heirloom (nee, 'Land') unda sm unknown, immutable 'traditional laws'. It is a built business; a MARKET... Tha stu.pid logic is akin to me rising up today with sm guys in Benin and rushing to d Aduwawa Cattle market at d outstricts of d City, and imposing a 'leader' on d Cattle owners/sellers there (who are mostly Hausa and Fulani) cos it 'our land' and they ought to obey our 'local laws'!!! Like that, right??......*bunchofdumbazzes*
Don't tell me u mean what u just typed "it's a MARKET and not LAND"? Na wa o
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by pistol: 8:25pm On Aug 01, 2013
The idiocy of fashola is quite amusing.
What is the worst that him and his likes can do eh?
What can their worst amount to...
Let me say this..
In this 2013 and the age of social media,
He can't do anything.
That market is there to stay....FACT
The igbos r not recognizing any babaloja....FACT
The igbos in Lagos are there to stay.....FACT.
Just finished my service.
Will be relocating to Lagos tomorrow....FACT
Coming with my three igbo frnds.....FACT
More are on their way coming....FACT

4 Likes

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by sparkleRed(f): 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
Eko oni baje ooh e ma ja lo, sad
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Mesico2(m): 8:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
masu:

thanks bro for your response though still unrealistic yet i will help you out.

why not the yorubas impose a baba oloja on hausa Fulani that sell live stocks? why only the ibo dominated markets?

why did Fulani/kanuri bombers usualy bomb markets or business areas populated by ibos? why not the Yoruba tailors etc?

be sincere in answering me the questions, i tell you only then do we see the solution we are looking for in this country.

if david mark did a thing as u mentioned above he is a bigot for doing so, am not as silly as changing the goal post just bcus my brother is involved. u bring in david mark issue just to defend the indefensible that its a norm here in Nigeria. pls bro accept it once and for all that fashola has demonic intentions against the ibos and good yorubas has to stand against him on that.

remember today you are ontop and tomoro sure you will not be their again, and what if the ibos are there how do you want them to treat you? bible says "do to others (the good things) what you want them to do for you"
Noted. Pls where were u when the same Fashola deported, yorubas, fulanis, benins and others before? U even said u knew Fashola was going to go harder on igbos,now here's my question bro, was it ok then deporting others but not ok now when igbos got deported too? And again,pls where in benue are u from?
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
Yungwizzzy: we are been persecuted in the north, now west God pls help your children

if you believe that BIAFRA is still the solution to all this click something
You're "Jews", you should be used to being "persecuted."

1 Like

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2013
FSU:

Glo ke

MTN's chairman is Igbo
The new MD is also from the East (will find out whether he is Igbo or not)
GLO's business in the East will be in trouble when all is said and done.
Is MTN owned by an Igboman?
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by pheforusty(m): 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
Tribalism n sentiments have clouded our minds judging by d comments I've read here..while y'all r bizzy engaging in war of words..dem dey steal d money go..dere children r in various countries schooling,while ur at HOME letting hate rule u..y'all tink dey give an f about u??..instead of us putting heads 2geda on hw 2 make tins rite,y'all r buzy being tribalistic..allowing old men dictate ur future 4 u..we all are making commenTs based on frustrations,n taking in out on some oda tribe hausa/ibo/yoruba..wonda wat d future holds wiv d kinda comments we make 2dai.

1 Like

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: I REPEAT!!
IF FASHOLA CONTINUE WITH HIS STOOPIDITY BY DISPLAYING HIS HATE FOR IGBOS, I WILL STOP BEING A DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF APC!! FASHOLA BE WARNED!!
Withdrawing your support is like taking a cup of water from a river: it won't be noticed.
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Withdrawing your support is like taking a cup of water from a river: it won't be noticed.

Who know her? She is inconsequential ....
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 01, 2013
Moves: I hardly comment on tribalistic threads, but reading comments of socalled nigerians here, I sincerely hope that this is not representative of the nigerian populace. Are all the Sabo's in the southwest headed by Yorubas?
In other time with Tinubu's daughter installation some goons here justified her imposition that she was democractically elected by market people and was not imposed by the Oba or lagos state gov; this now begs the question was the disputed baba Oloja elected by 99% of the market traders. We should always remember that we always tend to expect to be treated equally when we are in a foreign country and quick shout racism or descrimination when we are not; comments above shows that we are guilty or what we tend to accuse others of; if an Igbo or Hausa person can be given chieftancy title by Oba's why then cant they be elected as baba Oloja.
Didn't you read the post, the Igbo traders have their President-General, must they also take the post of the Babaloja?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Where Seized Maxokada And Gokada Bikes Are Kept By LASG - Photos / "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son / Oshiomhole: "I Am No Longer 'Excellency'. I Am A Removed National Chairman..."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.