Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

International Dating - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / International Dating (6580 Views)

International Dating Guide - What Every Man Needs To Succeed With Foreign Women / International Dating Etiquette / International Dating Etiquette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Dating by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
Can it really work? Is it really real? Am I just being an Idiot? Does anyone have any REAL stories? I am American and I've found my Prince. He is Nigerian...

1 Like

Re: International Dating by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
Damn! You have found the bomb. A real man, who will make u happy. Nigerian men are the best. Trust me, u shall never regret.

1 Like

Re: International Dating by Feedmemore(f): 10:42pm On Aug 01, 2013
amitalian: Can it really work? Is it really real? Am I just being an Idiot? Does anyone have any REAL stories? I am American and I've found my Prince. He is Nigerian...

"internatinall dating" has its pros and cons, like anything else in life.

My friend had a four-year relationship with someone she met online. And I’ve also met inconsiderate guys who “disappeared”, smart guys, not-so-smart guys, great guys, fun guys, guys who liked me (but the feeling wasn’t mutual), as well as the other way around. All types.

Yes, it’s a numbers game. I believe that you have to put yourself out there and take a chance...

2 Likes

Re: International Dating by babadey(m): 10:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
amitalian: Can it really work? Is it really real? Am I just being an Idiot? Does anyone have any REAL stories? I am American and I've found my Prince. He is Nigerian...

baby, its real and it works. If you meet the right nigerian,you wont regret it cos we are loving and caring may not be romantic but when it comes to real love,we give fully. smiley.

2 Likes

Re: International Dating by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 01, 2013
Feed me more:

"internatinall dating" has its pros and cons, like anything else in life.

My friend had a four-year relationship with someone she met online. And I’ve also met inconsiderate guys who “disappeared”, smart guys, not-so-smart guys, great guys, fun guys, guys who liked me (but the feeling wasn’t mutual), as well as the other way around. All types.

Yes, it’s a numbers game. I believe that you have to put yourself out there and take a chance...

I hope I'm doing this right... We have been dating 2 years now n it only gets better. But I'm still so skeptical about the distance. We r trying to put together a trip right now but I'm nervous. Not nervous to meet him but to travel such a distance n jus being out of what I know.
Re: International Dating by babadey(m): 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
amitalian:

I hope I'm doing this right... We have been dating 2 years now n it only gets better. But I'm still so skeptical about the distance. We r trying to put together a trip right now but I'm nervous. Not nervous to meet him but to travel such a distance n jus being out of what I know.

Dont be!!!. Just take the risk dear and put in mind you are expecting two things, either for real or scam. By doing so,you wouldnt be shocked to your bones if you get to know it was a scam and if its real,you'll be as happy as my joystick smiley.

1 Like

Re: International Dating by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
baba dey:

Dont be!!!. Just take the risk dear and put in mind you are expecting two things, either for real or scam. By doing so,you wouldnt be shocked to your bones if you get to know it was a scam and if its real,you'll be as happy as my joystick smiley.

But that is a very long way to find out it's a scam. It started out as a scam sad. But then he finally told me what was up and after I got over the shock n realized it was him no matter what I thought he looked like. But I am still worried. But I don't have money so he's not after that lol. N he treats me so wonderful. I am truly happy to be his.

And for the record he is WAY better looking than the scam pic lol.
Re: International Dating by babadey(m): 11:25pm On Aug 01, 2013
amitalian:

But that is a very long way to find out it's a scam. It started out as a scam sad. But then he finally told me what was up and after I got over the shock n realized it was him no matter what I thought he looked like. But I am still worried. But I don't have money so he's not after that lol. N he treats me so wonderful. I am truly happy to be his.

And for the record he is WAY better looking than the scam pic lol.

You see!!?. I feel the man is for real. I wouldnt blame him for the first scam cos when a nigeria joins a dating site with a good and real intention to find love is rather taken for a scammer. Its good he later confessed to you. I think you;re on the right path. Listen to your heart. Men from Nigeria are handsome...lol smiley

2 Likes

Re: International Dating by Nobody: 3:53am On Aug 02, 2013
Lexusgs: Hope you are not been catfish'ed !!!!

Tell me more please?
Re: International Dating by Nobody: 4:30am On Aug 02, 2013
Lexusgs: Hope you are not been catfish'ed !!!!

Ok I looked it up. It started out that way, but I guess my charm was too much for him lol. We cam together all the time n I meet his friends on there as well.
Re: International Dating by Lucasbalo(m): 5:06am On Aug 02, 2013
Be very careful. The problem is not only the guy. The main thing is how u both get to see each other. Do u have enough money to travel to Nigeria and enough to sustain u in a nice hotel for the duration of your stay. Don't rely on any financial help from ur so called friend. Anyway, be careful.

2 Likes

Re: International Dating by dmcdad: 5:29am On Aug 02, 2013
amitalian:

That's what makes the whole thing a great experience. When one decides to leave its comfort zone, to go in search of somthing that the person desires very much, even though the expedition or rather the transitoon doesn't turn out to be a blissful one in terms of the hurdles you might face and probably are not used to, it takes everything to a whole new level.

Personally, my take towards long distance relationship is for both parties to try as much as they can in breaking that barrier(which is distance), at least for once in about a period of time. I think there is need to get to meet as soon as possible in order to to make the fantasy a reality.

Finally, if you believe in your heart he is real, then what's the development of cold feet for?
Re: International Dating by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 02, 2013
congrats! kinda weird,you opened your account yesterday,hmmmmm...
Re: International Dating by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 02, 2013
dmcdad:
That's what makes the whole thing a great experience. When one decides to leave its comfort zone, to go in search of somthing that the person desires very much, even though the expedition or rather the transitoon doesn't turn out to be a blissful one in terms of the hurdles you might face and probably are not used to, it takes everything to a whole new level.

Personally, my take towards long distance relationship is for both parties to try as much as they can in breaking that barrier(which is distance), at least for once in about a period of time. I think there is need to get to meet as soon as possible in order to to make the fantasy a reality.

Finally, if you believe in your heart he is real, then what's the development of cold feet for?

Not cold feet. I really love him no doubts, but being a female in a completely strange place I need to be careful.
Re: International Dating by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 02, 2013
mayapop: congrats! kinda weird,you opened your account yesterday,hmmmmm...

I'm not really sure what ur hinting at. If u must know I read as much as I can about Nigeria n international love stories n I stumbled across a story on this site yesterday. Remember I'm from the US it's not like this site is really well known here.

What does it imply that I registered yesterday?
Re: International Dating by Eiregirl(f): 11:02am On Aug 02, 2013
@OP I really, truly hope it all works out for you & you have actually found your prince. Good luck Bleep

1 Like

Re: International Dating by MrsChima(f): 11:25am On Aug 02, 2013
amitalian:

Have you physically met him?
Re: International Dating by MrsChima(f): 11:28am On Aug 02, 2013
Lucasbalo: Be very careful. The problem is not only the guy. The main thing is how u both get to see each other. Do u have enough money to travel to Nigeria and enough to sustain u in a nice hotel for the duration of your stay. Don't rely on any financial help from ur so called friend. Anyway, be careful.

I agree.
Re: International Dating by MrsChima(f): 11:31am On Aug 02, 2013
amitalian:

Ok I looked it up. It started out that way, but I guess my charm was too much for him lol. We cam together all the time n I meet his friends on there as well.

His friends are not important....did you meet his family?

Are you guys planning to get married as soon as you get to Nigeria?

Is he able to come to US FIRST?
Re: International Dating by owolabifunke14(f): 11:44am On Aug 02, 2013
Pkease don't come here to snatch my man lol. #Just kidding# lucky you,Nigerian men are good.

1 Like

Re: International Dating by MrsChima(f): 11:47am On Aug 02, 2013
owolabifunke14: Pkease don't come here to snatch my man lol. #Just kidding# lucky you,Nigerian men are good.

You mean my man? tongue

I have quite few of the men in Niger and Nigeria. I am building a harem. grin

Jaybee is my lead ho. wink
Re: International Dating by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
Be honest with each other. If you're honest and loyal to him, he should be holding down his own end. Both of you should be on the same page with what the two of you want in the r-ship and where you want it to go. Definitely visit each other.

1 Like

Re: International Dating by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Have you physically met him?

No. Only on cam.
Re: International Dating by Eiregirl(f): 2:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
amitalian:

No. Only on cam.

Just be careful.

1 Like

Re: International Dating by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

His friends are not important....did you meet his family?

Are you guys planning to get married as soon as you get to Nigeria?

Is he able to come to US FIRST?

I've only spoken to his mom on phone. Dad is passed on. N I also think he should come here 1st. But when I mention that to him n all the reasons y it's better he jus goes back to me visiting there. I figured it's so he knows I'm serious enough, but my thought was he comes here 1st since he will end up here n then we travel to Nigeria together but he's not getting it n I don't know how to get through to him. Any ideas? Or is it a sign that something isn't right?
Married? Idk. I'm in NO rush for that. He doesn't push the issue but we do talk about it and eventually want to. I don't want to jus get married so he can come here. I think him coming here to check out his surroundings n see if he could be happy here n how we mesh together is most important. What if we marry n when he gets here he is miserable? He may feel like I tricked him into coming or something. He keeps saying he truly loves me n he's so comfortable w me n him not wanting to be w me couldn't happen.

But also the fact the he lied to me for months about who he really was still bothers me and I am having some trust issues, but on the other hand I love him like no other... Doomed or normal?
Re: International Dating by MrsChima(f): 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
amitalian:

No. Only on cam.

Hmmmm. You made it seem though you met with him and spent quality time with him to paint him as Prince Charming.

If you are bent on meeting him in Nigeria....you need to plan your visit thoroughly and have plently cash in handy...not on you but access to it.

Make sure you have your hotel in place because you don't know his living conditions and if things doesn't work out that you won't be stranded until it's time to fly home.

Register with the embassy in Nigeria and give them true contact information. Give them a picture of the guy you are meeting.

Let your family and friends know where you are going and give them true contact information.

Carry mace for protection and don't depend on others to protect you.

Talk to his family before traveling so they would be expecting you and you can gather more information about him.

Good luck and don't be foolish.

2 Likes

Re: International Dating by MrsChima(f): 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2013
amitalian:

I've only spoken to his mom on phone. Dad is passed on. N I also think he should come here 1st. But when I mention that to him n all the reasons y it's better he jus goes back to me visiting there. I figured it's so he knows I'm serious enough, but my thought was he comes here 1st since he will end up here n then we travel to Nigeria together but he's not getting it n I don't know how to get through to him. Any ideas? Or is it a sign that something isn't right?
Married? Idk. I'm in NO rush for that. He doesn't push the issue but we do talk about it and eventually want to. I don't want to jus get married so he can come here. I think him coming here to check out his surroundings n see if he could be happy here n how we mesh together is most important. What if we marry n when he gets here he is miserable? He may feel like I tricked him into coming or something. He keeps saying he truly loves me n he's so comfortable w me n him not wanting to be w me couldn't happen.

But also the fact the he lied to me for months about who he really was still bothers me and I am having some trust issues, but on the other hand I love him like no other... Doomed or normal?

Different strokes for different folks. Some people can fall in love with a complete stranger online and some has to build the love through physical dating.

The fact that he lied first off is a red flag. Pay attention to the red flags.

The most common reasons why people want others to visit them are:

Lack of funds
Known hardship of getting a tourist visa
Potential scam/fraud
Can't pass the border/custom

If you have an issue with his lies...you need to handle that before flying 2, 000 miles to meet a stranger in a country where you know NO ONE personally.

It's your life.

1 Like

Re: International Dating by Tyche(m): 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
Re: International Dating by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Different strokes for different folks. Some people can fall in love with a complete stranger online and some has to build the love through physical dating.

The fact that he lied first off is a red flag. Pay attention to the red flags.

The most common reasons why people want others to visit them are:

Lack of funds
Known hardship of getting a tourist visa
Potential scam/fraud
Can't pass the border/custom

If you have an issue with his lies...you need to handle that before flying 2, 000 miles to meet a stranger in a country where you know NO ONE personally.

It's your life.

He's been to UK recently. Idk if that tells u if he can pass border or not. N he has mentioned the visa thing but if he can travel to UK y wouldn't he be able to travel to the us... Hummm.

N ur right. N I am being smart. And even tho I haven't met him face to face I do feel close to him. I jus know there r things I don't know yet. If everything he says is true the idc if we haven't met he is a true prince. He is smart n got his self together n soft n gentle when it comes to me. N not in a sissy girlie way lol.

I guess I will have to see how it plays. Thank you so much for all the comments.
Re: International Dating by MrsChima(f): 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
amitalian:

He's been to UK recently. Idk if that tells u if he can pass border or not. N he has mentioned the visa thing but if he can travel to UK y wouldn't he be able to travel to the us... Hummm.

N ur right. N I am being smart. And even tho I haven't met him face to face I do feel close to him. I jus know there r things I don't know yet. If everything he says is true the idc if we haven't met he is a true prince. He is smart n got his self together n soft n gentle when it comes to me. N not in a sissy girlie way lol.

I guess I will have to see how it plays. Thank you so much for all the comments.

You are welcome and remember to plan well before traveling.

1 Like

Re: International Dating by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 02, 2013
amitalian:

I'm not really sure what ur hinting at. If u must know I read as much as I can about Nigeria n international love stories n I stumbled across a story on this site yesterday. Remember I'm from the US it's not like this site is really well known here.

What does it imply that I registered yesterday?
nothing! Actually grin sorry my bad....goodluck with that. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The World Is Ending!! This Little Boy Born With B00bs (PHOTO) / (PHOTO) Man With The World’s Longest Manhood Weighs It On Scale / If You Are Asked To Marry Me Or Collect 100million Which One Will You Go For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.