Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,598 members, 7,851,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:28 PM

Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) (23580 Views)

Team Nigeria At The African Athletics Championship / Nigerian Fans Meeting Ethiopian Fans In Addis Ababa Before The Match (Pictures) / Okagbare Wins Silver In Long Jump At World Athletics Championship, Moscow 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 5:28pm On Aug 11, 2013
a wonderful silver for Okagbare ... first medal in over 10 yrs
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
Awww blessing cry

Congrats !!!! kiss
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by olapluto(m): 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
Gracious Okagbare. She tried her best. Luck was not on her side. She can win another medal tomorrow. Congrats Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by akintun: 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
Silver, but she has to improve on hitting d board
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by airmark(m): 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
Blessing silver, better.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2013
akintun: Silver, but she has to improve on hitting d board

bros please congratulate her before saying this ...tanx.

up 9ja
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
Congrats to blessing
Dayum this brittany reese chic came thru
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by solomon111(m): 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2013
Nice.
Congratulobia.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by BlackPikiN(m): 5:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by HAH: 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2013
To be honest with you am disappointed cos my mind was all on Gold for blessing

Anyhow at all at all naim bad pass congrats
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by akintun: 5:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
deene:

bros please congratulate her before saying this ...tanx.

up 9ja

Nigeria has never won a gold at d WC, and Okagbare is our only hope. I believe dat she would do it in d 200m. She is unlucky to be competing against some of d all time greats in her events.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by luvablesam(m): 5:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
Congrats Blessing.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Afam4eva(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2013
Silver is not bad. Congrats blessing...

Bu i'll like to know if Blessing is really a Nigerian product. Did she grow up or school in America? Where does she train. If she can come this far then why's it difficult for other home grown athletes.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by olapluto(m): 6:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
Afam4eva: Silver is not bad. Congrats blessing...

Bu i'll like to know if Blessing is really a Nigerian product. Did she grow up or school in America? Where does she train. If she can come this far then why's it difficult for other home grown athletes.
Blessing is very much home talent. She started out in Nigeria and only got a scholarship to study in America after she did well in triple jumps at national sports festival. Then she moved to Long jumps, then her coaches saw she was good at sprints too.. and today, we have a beautiful athlete who is good in jumps and sprints.
There are still talents in Nigeria. Warri axis seems to be producing constantly. Lagos too.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
I think she trains in the us

She is also mostly self sponsored that's why she runs in most of the diamond lig events to raise funds
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Evestar200(f): 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
Congrate blessing
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by HAH: 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
10000M female, About to start
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by ksolo2013: 6:03pm On Aug 11, 2013
blessing na born and raised sapele babe from delta she schooled and grew up in naija until after 2008 olympics in china, she now went to texas for her university education. sponsorship from delta state govt
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by HAH: 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
Dibaba has never lost a 10000M before

Let she what she can do now.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
Good success story..

She needed a boost to get there..

Dibaba!
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by ksolo2013: 6:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
what has happen to inter house sports in naija schools ? do they still exist at all.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by HAH: 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2013
k-solo2013:
what has happen to inter house sports in naija schools ? do they still exist at all.

Sadly most people take their children to private schools and most private school don't have even a football pitch talkless of track and basketball court.

Sad for our sports development
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2013
Until there is an investment in sports, youth restivenss cannot be curtailed

As west afrikans, we have the natural strenth for sprints but it needs to be systemized like the jamaicAns

As usain and asafa are phasing out

We have yohann blake and now bailey cole
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by olapluto(m): 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2013
k-solo2013:
2 things: Football and Lack of infrastructures. Without sounding too boastful, I think at least 2 members of the super eagles can run faster than our fastest 100m. That is why the female are producing talents in athletics unlike the men.
We still have abundant talents. Lara Omotosho, Divine Oduduru, Seye Ogunlewe, Tobi Ashamu, etc are names that will come through in the coming years. Also Stephanie Kalu, Kemi Adekoya. Lets hope Blessing's medal can make Nigerians open eye to long jump again. It fetched us our first olympic gold.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Evestar200(f): 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2013
k-solo2013:
public and some private schs still do inter- house and inter-schools sports in Delta state
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by ksolo2013: 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
i notice that most of our female athlete are americans who cant make the yankee team chosse naija as 2nd choice.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
Awwww.. Inter-house sports. I didn't participate in any event, was selling ice cream abi na water mixed with saccharine to my fellow students. We started from the bottom now we here.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by AyodejiCharles(m): 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
This Brittany Resse is highly unpredictable, she struggled to qualify for the finals only for her to suddenly jump a 7.01 to win gold. I wonder why she managed a 6.57 in her qualifiers when she is a 7.0+ jumper on a good day.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by adbaba(m): 6:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
Congrats okagbare!...it aint easy mehn,i ran 100m in skul on a standard track.i nearly collapse.then i started respecting bolt!
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
Dibaba looks like adaobi.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
Dibaba wins 10m
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 6:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
AyodejiCharles: This Brittany Resse is highly unpredictable, she struggled to qualify for the finals only for her to suddenly jump a 7.01 to win gold. I wonder why she managed a 6.57 in her qualifiers when she is a 7.0+ jumper on a good day.

It could be mental.... it could be drugs... I no trust these athletes again

Dibaba!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (36) (Reply)

Maradona, Messi, Kanu Nwankwo To Play Anti-terrorism Match In Nigeria / Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr / Messi Re-elected Barcelona Captain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.