Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,723 members, 7,851,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:18 PM

Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) - Sports (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) (23583 Views)

Team Nigeria At The African Athletics Championship / Nigerian Fans Meeting Ethiopian Fans In Addis Ababa Before The Match (Pictures) / Okagbare Wins Silver In Long Jump At World Athletics Championship, Moscow 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 8:10am On Aug 12, 2013
Well historically 'youth' talent from naija have always fizzled at the big stage and you wonder why I'm not convinced

Xavi hernandez played in u21 nigeria 99 14 years ago and he is still waxing strong

Julius agharowa and isaac promise played same tournamaent where are they

I wish her the best..
I like her
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 12, 2013
biolabee: Well historically 'youth' talent from naija have always fizzled at the big stage and you wonder why I'm not convinced

Xavi hernandez played in u21 nigeria 99 14 years ago and he is still waxing strong

Julius agharowa and isaac promise played same tournamaent where are they

Yobo and Mikel are both products of age-group tourneys and are still active.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 12, 2013
CFCfan: The Women's 400m hurdles heats start at 8:50am. Nigeria's Muizat Odumosu and Ugonna Ndu will be in heats 2 and 4 respectively.

The Women's 100m semifinals start at 4:35pm. Nigeria's duo of Blessing Okagbare and Gloria Asumnu are in heats 1 and 3 respectively.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 8:18am On Aug 12, 2013
If I'm to hazard a guess

Yobo is 33 and mikel is 26

Yet yobo is not as fit as john terry, puyol, rio fedi?

Mikel..has not been impressive as a dm like essien, not even as fit as ramires..

But good luck to them

CFCfan:

Yobo and Mikel are both products of age-group tourneys and are still active.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by adbaba(m): 8:54am On Aug 12, 2013
UPDATES ABEG!
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 12, 2013
Muizat Odumosu is about to start her 400m hurdles race now. She's in lane 1.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 12, 2013
Odumosu false started twice, and is disqualified shocked
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by HAH: 9:03am On Aug 12, 2013
Odumosu disqualified for false start from 400M hurdles
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 12, 2013
Zuzana Hejnova (CZE) won that 400m hurdles heat in 55.25secs.
Odumosu's participation in this championship is over. So sad.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by ksolo2013: 9:08am On Aug 12, 2013
that odumosu babe looks scared and tension got the better of her and she got experience at this lever, what a shame
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 12, 2013
CFCfan: Odumosu false started twice, and is disqualified shocked

Twice
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by akintun: 9:09am On Aug 12, 2013
I simply don't understand why she had to be nervous in dis first round. She has dis habit of getting disqualified or not performing at important times.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 12, 2013
Great Britain's Perry-Shakes Drayton wins heat 3 of the Women's 400m hurdles in 54.42secs. America's Lashinda Demus is 2nd with 54.94secs.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 12, 2013
Can't be believe people are doubting blessing's age angry angry
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 12, 2013
CFCfan: Great Britain's Perry-Shakes Drayton wins heat 3 of the Women's 400m hurdles in 54.42secs. America's Lashinda Demus is 2nd with 54.94secs.

PERRRRRYYYYY cool
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 12, 2013
akintun: I simply don't understand why she had to be nervous in dis first round. She has dis habit of getting disqualified or not performing at important times.

What makes it worse is that she is an experienced athlete, and the reigning African champion.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 9:15am On Aug 12, 2013
Tragic.. For odumosu
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 12, 2013
Nigeria's Ugonna Ndu is about to start her 400m hurdle race. She's in lane 8.
Can she salvage something fir Naija?
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 12, 2013
I hate Russians.

They are so strong angry
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 12, 2013
And Ugonna Ndu is out. She finished 7th.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 12, 2013
adaobi123: I hate Russians.

They are so strong angry
They have some talented athletes across many disciplines. They have a deep pool of talent.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 12, 2013
CFCfan:
They have some talented athletes across many disciplines. They have a deep pool of talent.

This is why I hate them angry
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 12, 2013
USA's Dalilah Muhammad won the heat in 54.90 secs.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 12, 2013
What else is happening today ?
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by adbaba(m): 9:26am On Aug 12, 2013
Odumosu why now?...well it does happen in a particular stage of 1ce life...let's kip moving!
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by adbaba(m): 9:30am On Aug 12, 2013
Now pressure has started to mount on okagbare,this was part of her jinx in last yr olympics.i pray she overcomes dis pscho trauma dis time!
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 12, 2013
adaobi123: What else is happening today ?

At 4:35pm, it will be Okagbare o'clock. She'll be in heat 1 of the 100m semifinal.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 9:30am On Aug 12, 2013
Same with the united states and china

DEep population translates to deep pool

Nigeria is the no 1 populous country that dpoes not dominate in sports anymore

CFCfan:
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 12, 2013
CFCfan:

At 4:35pm, it will be Okagbare o'clock. She'll be in heat 1 of the 100m semifinal.

Lol I meant this morning tongue
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2013
adaobi123:

Lol I meant this morning tongue
The morning session is over.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by adbaba(m): 9:35am On Aug 12, 2013
biolabee: Same with the united states and china

DEep population translates to deep pool

Nigeria is the no 1 populous country that dpoes not dominate in sports anymore

coruption is a cancer that eat up success in dis part of the world.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 12, 2013
CFCfan:
The morning session is over.

I can see that now grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (36) (Reply)

Maradona, Messi, Kanu Nwankwo To Play Anti-terrorism Match In Nigeria / Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr / Messi Re-elected Barcelona Captain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.