Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,728 members, 7,851,499 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:48 PM

Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) - Sports (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) (23584 Views)

Team Nigeria At The African Athletics Championship / Nigerian Fans Meeting Ethiopian Fans In Addis Ababa Before The Match (Pictures) / Okagbare Wins Silver In Long Jump At World Athletics Championship, Moscow 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 12, 2013
adaobi123:

I can see that now grin
The Women's 100m final is at 6:50pm today.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 12, 2013
CFCfan:
The Women's 100m final is at 6:50pm today.

Yupppp
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by adbaba(m): 9:38am On Aug 12, 2013
Fingers crossed!
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 9:45am On Aug 12, 2013
adbaba: coruption is a cancer that eat up success in dis part of the world.

Really a cancer

When I was in second school, the noertherners always win to use to marathons

We have rivers

We have runners

We have a potential and sizable pool of sportsmen and women yet without a development program, nothing can happen

Even boxing and football which were one of our main stays are almost comatose
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by bambostic: 10:11am On Aug 12, 2013
k-solo2013:
that odumosu babe looks scared and tension got the better of her and she got experience at this lever, what a shame

I don't think it was nerves. I believe that Odumosu simply did not want to be out there. She's not been running well this season - I remember her finishing last or so in the Diamond League event in Birmingham a few weeks ago, I think she had an injury...

I have a feeling that she knew she was not going to make it through the rounds, but being obligated to compete she had to line up at the start of the race...the false starts (especially the first one) were so blatant that you have to wonder whether she did it intentionally...you rarely see false starts in 400m races...and twice from the same athlete in the same race? That's very unusually...it's also rather odd that they let her stay on the first time. Seems like she may have just been intent on getting herself disqualified!

That's too bad because she made the Olympic final last year. Let's hope she can pick herself up from this disappointment!
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by bambostic: 10:15am On Aug 12, 2013
CFCfan: And Ugonna Ndu is out. She finished 7th.

Well done to Ugonna for even making the World Championship team. She's only 21 and recently switched allegiance from the US to Nigeria. She's already Nigeria's 100m hurdle Champion from her first appearance at the National Championships in June, and she finished 2nd there behind Odumosu in the 400m hurdles I think...

She's technically a good hurdler but I think needs to get stronger and faster. She should be encouraged because she has a lot of room for improvement!

1 Like

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 12, 2013
UPDATE: Blessing Okagbare received a cash prize of $30,000 from the IAAF, for winning silver in the long-jump event.
While gold medalist, Brittany Reese of the USA was paid $60,000.

2 Likes

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 12, 2013
CFCfan: UPDATE: Blessing Okagbare received a cash prize of $30,000 from the IAAF, for winning silver in the long-jump event.

That's money. Lets hope she wins the 100m cool
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 10:39am On Aug 12, 2013
Nice!

Good dough.. She needs it

Glo should support this gal naaa

All these nonsensical celebs.. I no know

Soon glo will support toto dicke

CFCfan: UPDATE: Blessing Okagbare received a cash prize of $30,000 from the IAAF, for winning silver in the long-jump event.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 12, 2013
adaobi123:

That's money. Lets hope she wins the 100m cool

Who knows, she may end up taking home at least $100,000 at the end of this tourney.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 12, 2013
biolabee: Nice!

Good dough.. She needs it

Glo should support this gal naaa

All these nonsensical celebs.. I no know

Soon glo will support toto dicke

grin grin grin
I agree with you, she should be a Glo ambassador; even though she is also one for First Bank.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by ksolo2013: 10:48am On Aug 12, 2013
if she break a world record she can get the 100k at once
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by akintun: 11:02am On Aug 12, 2013
bambostic:

Well done to Ugonna for even making the World Championship team. She's only 21 and recently switched allegiance from the US to Nigeria. She's already Nigeria's 100m hurdle Champion from her first appearance at the National Championships in June, and she finished 2nd there behind Odumosu in the 400m hurdles I think...

She's technically a good hurdler but I think needs to get stronger and faster. She should be encouraged because she has a lot of room for improvement!

Ugonna was d wrong choice 4 dis . D girl dat ran a 55.30 at d warri caa was meant to have been our second representative, unless she was injured.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by bambostic: 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2013
k-solo2013:
if she break a world record she can get the 100k at once

like which World Record is she gonna break? 10.49? 21.34? Both well out of reach, thanks to Flo Jo!
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by olapluto(m): 1:36pm On Aug 12, 2013
Interesting behavior from Ajoke Odumosu. I feel she's got an issue with AFN or something similar. Its not looking good for our relay team in 4x400 if Ajoke doesnt want to be there.
Meanwhile....this afternoon, everybody gonna die on the line today. Blessing must take gold ooo.

1 Like

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2013
AMEN OO cool
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
double amen o ...

I have been trying to clear my desk since o got to work ...
I just wanted to be done with everything so I can have time to stream the semi finals live ...

by the time its the finals ... I must b in my haus ready to scream my lungs out

blessing of life ...
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 2:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
bambostic:

like which World Record is she gonna break? 10.49? 21.34? Both well out of reach, thanks to Flo Jo!

big thanks to her ...
I don't trust those times till today ... I have the clips on my laptop ... they look too boosted (you know what I mean)
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by olapluto(m): 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2013
Let the countdown begin!

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
Whhoooooopppppp
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
That race was awful
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin grin
I agree with you, she should be a Glo ambassador; even though she is also one for First Bank.

That's good news.. We should support her even more sef
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2013
Awful reaction times undecided
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2013
Flo jo's times were boosted

I believe she died of a DO

deene:

big thanks to her ...
I don't trust those times till today ... I have the clips on my laptop ... they look too boosted (you know what I mean)
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by olapluto(m): 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
Eager to see what English Gardner has left in the tank. She ran an eye-bulging heat. 100m women after these hurdles.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by akintun: 4:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
ola_pluto: Eager to see what English Gardner has left in the tank. She ran an eye-bulging heat. 100m women after these hurdles.

Her eye's are scary, but I expect her to be one of d fastest losers.

1 Like

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 12, 2013
Blessing oo !!!!
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 4:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
they are lined up. am nt bothered about this sf at all .. she ll jog
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by HAH: 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
100M women 1st semis won by okagbare 11.08
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by airmark(m): 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
Blessing through to 100m final in 11.08secs
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
Praise Jesus !!
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2013
Okagbare wins the heat and advances to the final!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (36) (Reply)

Maradona, Messi, Kanu Nwankwo To Play Anti-terrorism Match In Nigeria / Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr / Messi Re-elected Barcelona Captain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.