Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? (19364 Views)

Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by valicious1(m): 7:33am On Aug 04, 2013
Happy sunday to all nairalanders.
This is an issue seriously causing commotions between me and my sister. I finally changed my troublesome camry and got myself an i-vtec last month, I happened to travel to Delta state for a 4day seminar and since my sister and her family lives close to the venue I had to stay with them throughout the duration of the seminar. My sister has always been the very religious type right from our growing up years. Everybody was happyy for my new car but the problems started when she asked if I had dedicated it in the church and I replied no cos I didn't see it as a necessity. She insisted, threatened and even went as far as trying to drive the car herself to her church which caused a minor dent. I had to angrily leave before sunday. Now she sent me a text calling me an unrepentant atheist who would burn in hell (in my own car lol). Now my question, is it mandatory by law or bible that one must dedicate his car in the church( with gifts for the pastor/priest of course) I have all my licences intact so why the compulsion to dedicate it in church again?

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 04, 2013
don't be ungrateful bro. you should thank and dedicate that ride to God. nor be by power oo

9 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by bigt2(m): 7:49am On Aug 04, 2013
To show how grateful u r to God, do accordingly.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by yamunla(m): 7:51am On Aug 04, 2013
Ogbeni wan show off....,naija pple and notice me...u no fit just buy kolanut and seamans schnapp take bless the car?

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by woky: 8:03am On Aug 04, 2013
see dis mango wan tel us say him buy car

4 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by valicious1(m): 8:05am On Aug 04, 2013
Yungwizzzy: don't be ungrateful bro. you should thank and dedicate that ride to God. nor be by power oo
Thanx bro but I thank the Lord as I wake up every morning. Must it be done in church?

21 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 04, 2013
Your choice!!! And it's not necessary for you to give a gift to a priest to have him bless your car.

2 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by valicious1(m): 8:07am On Aug 04, 2013
big-t:
To show how grateful u r to God, do accordingly.
Can't I just do it within the confers of my room.

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by bigt2(m): 8:17am On Aug 04, 2013
valicious1:
Can't I just do it within the confers of my room.
let the people know God has been soog to you. Just like a weaver weave cloths in the dark and showcase it outside to see how beautiful it is.
Besides, people will pray for you and your car, then ask for the same also. cool
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nomski0(f): 8:24am On Aug 04, 2013
valicious1:
Thanx bro but I thank the Lord as I wake up every morning. Must it be done in church?

No it mustnt but its actually more advisable for you too.
But its really your choice.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by valicious1(m): 8:43am On Aug 04, 2013
Nomski0:

No it mustnt but its actually more advisable for you too.
But its really your choice.

Advisable? Why advisable? Or is it like a marriage ceremony where you need witnesses to be present.

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by almajiri101: 8:46am On Aug 04, 2013
Showing off they call it.

7 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 04, 2013
Where you wan dedicate am before? Beer parlour?(no offence).

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 04, 2013
shocked
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by seedord247(m): 8:55am On Aug 04, 2013
When are we gonna learn?..

Slave mentality will always flow in black man brain. cry

8 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Desdola(m): 8:56am On Aug 04, 2013
Dedicate a car? Can't d o p pray on his own and thank GOD for the gift. another avenue for the pastor to demand for something after d prayers.

2 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Elitist: 8:56am On Aug 04, 2013
I believe that God is everywere. Bro all u need to do is to show appreciation
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by ReubenAbati: 8:56am On Aug 04, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by micklplus(m): 8:57am On Aug 04, 2013
All these show offs sef! Must you dedicate a car in church? For what? So that people go no say u don arrive? What happens to ; God I thank you for all that you have done? In the corner of your room? Oh, you must runs for pastor, abi? You no nah, you must to arrange envelope after hin don bless you car, bah?

When you buy a new shirt, dedicate in church. We you disv.I.r.g.in your wife, dedicate. When you buy a new bag of rice, dedicate bikonu!!!

15 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Clemzy16(m): 8:59am On Aug 04, 2013
No, you shouldn't dedicate your car in the church...why not take it to a babalawo shrine and do so
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 04, 2013
You do not need to dedicate a car, it makes no sense at all. God didnt give you a car, you bought it with your money. You can be grateful to the infinite oneness, but it doesnt even care about these minor material thing that helps you move within a tiny fraction of its creation.

People need to know how to separate the madness called Religion from the Infinite One, who needs no worship.

14 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by amanikondo: 9:07am On Aug 04, 2013
The year of the car you bought will determine if I will advice you to do thanksgiving. If it is year 2000 - 2011, just forget it. If it is 2012 -2014, I know you are really blessed and it needs thanksgiving not only in the Church but Nairaland.

7 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Ypompin(m): 9:11am On Aug 04, 2013
y must u dedicate a car in Church. .. dis is just a naija mentality...and what does d pastor's prayer seek to achieve.. is it dat nobody will scratch d car or d car won't have any accident..pastors aren't God. . even my own pastor's car has bn damaged a few times by stupid drivers. ..in Nigeria we take religion and pastors too far

5 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:12am On Aug 04, 2013
Dude, wld u rather dedicate it at the shrine?
Or we hit the bar and thank God for making u successful? Will that glorify him?

U see, the fuse is abt 'dedicating' it in the church has become a tradition, people av made it a religion.
A pastor or an elder can alwys gather with ur wife and children and thank God for making u successful, thereby committing all journeys with that car in the hands of God!

The problem people have abt dedication is that it's been made a religion, they mistake it for 'thanks giving'. In the real sense, it becomes a sin if in the future, u are asked to leave ur car for a missionary/evangelical reasons, and u can't because u av an important place to go.

As it becomes no sin if u avent dedicated it to God and av refused, but a sin if u av and can't leave it for God's work.

So dude, do a thanks giving instead.

People perish for lack of wisdom!

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by martowskin1(m): 9:12am On Aug 04, 2013
And dis made front page....na wa

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:16am On Aug 04, 2013
Billyonaire: You do not need to dedicate a car, it makes no sense at all. God didnt give you a car, you bought it with your money....
hey dude,
May i remind u dt this is a religious section? And ur comment is actually foolish...

If only nairaland has filter that filters un_intelligent beings like u undecided

5 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nicepoker(m): 9:18am On Aug 04, 2013
u can even dedicate ur new under wears. Ur sis is a typical hypocrite

5 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by ednut1(m): 9:21am On Aug 04, 2013
Like say dedicated cars no dey get accident, christains self, na for d dedication pple go dey jealous u nd wish u bad, yeye tins, religious slavery

2 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Lordave: 9:25am On Aug 04, 2013
ednut1: Like say dedicated cars no dey get accident, christains self, na for d dedication pple go dey jealous u nd wish u bad, yeye tins, religious slavery
No mind them

2 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Demainman1: 9:26am On Aug 04, 2013
Guys! While we are at it, I just bought a LISTER GENERATOR for 1 million naira. Should I dedicate it for my church? If yes, do I need to carry it to the church for the pastor's blessing

5 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by vanunu: 9:26am On Aug 04, 2013
Why are we Africans always satisfied with small small things, I am not saying that it is wrong to thank God, but what is in a car?
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Lordave: 9:28am On Aug 04, 2013
SLIDE waxie: hey dude,
May i remind u dt this is a religious section? And ur comment is actually foolish...

If only nairaland has filter that filters un_intelligent beings like u undecided
what do you mean by religous sec and comment is actually foolish
Oh I see, your god doesn't tolerate foolish comments,no wonder he made Abigail barren.
What a hostile religion!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? / Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? / Bankole Solomon Apologises To Adeboye Over Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.