Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:36 AM

Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? (19560 Views)

Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 04, 2013
SLIDE waxie: hey dude,
May i remind u dt this is a religious section? And ur comment is actually foolish...

If only nairaland has filter that filters un_intelligent beings like u undecided
I guess you are not a good Christian. You sound unschooled in the art of tolerance. May the Cosmic Infinity radiate its wisdoms on your soul.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by nep2ra(m): 11:03am On Aug 04, 2013
Poverty has ravaged the minds of Nigerians to an extent that buying a brand new car is seen as a major achievement in Life. The con men called pastors will use this as an opportunity to further enslave the ever gullible, unthinking, congregation into man made doctrines and superstition.

Dude, dedicate nothing and keep away from religious folks who are eager to drag you into the bondage they need to escape from.

4 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 04, 2013
amanikondo: The year of the car you bought will determine if I will advice you to do thanksgiving. If it is year 2000 - 2011, just forget it. If it is 2012 -2014, I know you are really blessed and it needs thanksgiving not only in the Church but Nairaland.

So those driving 2000-2011 cars are cursed

You r a big fooool.

4 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Zamizoni(m): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2013
Bros if you no wan go church just organize something to eat, drink or whatever you can afford for any less priviledge around you, at least you should have noticed a few on your way to work, it might even be in your place of work, use this as a sign of gratittude to GOD. I organized breakfast in our cafteria for more than 50 people I knew and even those I don't know and I had a FULFILLED FEELING afterwards.
If the point is being grarteful to GOD then extend the gratitude to where you know they really really need it.
Instead of dancing HYPOCRITCALLY to church showing.people that "I DON HAMMER" and not glorifying GOD, you may also look for something the church needs and secretly buy it for them. YOU DONT JUST WALK INTO ANY CHURCH AND DEDICATE ANYTHING. BECAUSE IS A CHURCH DOESN'T MEAN THEY WORSHIP THE GOD.

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by An0nimus: 11:18am On Aug 04, 2013
Is a must to dedicate a car in church?
if you don't dedicate it does it make you less a christian or hinder your walk with God?
if you do dedicate it does it also add to your christian faith?
what is the real essence of a car dedication?
are there no other ways to show God gratitude?
what house/luxury items that I buy can I dedicate and which can I not? can the flatscreen tv or the blender also go for a dedication?

...these are honest questions that need honest answers. pls no insults.

Atimes we tend to attach so much importance to some of these practices and neglect the more important things.

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by 234GT(m): 11:21am On Aug 04, 2013
When I buy my car in January 2014, I will not dedicate it in church. To me, it amounts to showing off and making noise.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by funtanherb(m): 11:24am On Aug 04, 2013
RELIGION IS A TOOL USED BY THE OPPRESSOR TO SHADE AWAY THE TRUTH FROM THE OPPRESSED.....YOU ARE RELIGIOUS SO DEDICATED IT TO CHURCH(PASTOR AND NOT GOD)
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by pkween(f): 11:25am On Aug 04, 2013
Just got a BB,should I edicate it in church?What of the new goat I am preping for xmas mas,my new boyfriend,new dress,new rubber sandal.Gush!how do I drag all of these to ChurchhhhhhhHmmm!I just think a simple thank you lord for ur blessing and bless others with what God has given me will do.

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by MacLovington(m): 11:28am On Aug 04, 2013
Na wa o!

I remember parents buying VW beetle brand new for mum, then 504 salon for dad, then 504 Station Wagon complete with AC (not a common thing then), then VW bus (aka kia kia bus as family school bus), then 505 with AC, then Mercedes 200. There was steady increase in family fortune. Mind you these cars all cost below N6,000, all brand new.

We didn't do any special dedication in our church and parents' cars never had more than a minor scratch.

When did we become so fearful and insecure (I don't believe it's genuine fear of God) about life that we must consult modern day babalawos (MOGs) for everything?

Poster if you don't want to go do dedication, gather your wife and kids and thank God for his kindness. It is your heart that matters. Please drive carefully so that nobody will claim you had accident because you didn't dedicate it. Shikena.

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by MacLovington(m): 11:32am On Aug 04, 2013
pkween: Just got a BB,should I edicate it in church?What of the new goat I am preping for xmas mas,my new boyfriend,new dress,new rubber sandal.Gush!how do I drag all of these to ChurchhhhhhhHmmm!I just think a simple thank you lord for ur blessing and bless others with what God has given me will do.

Abi o my dear.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by janvier27(m): 11:34am On Aug 04, 2013
SimonAndal:
OP while you're at it, why not dedicate these too:

Your new Tommy Hilfiger boxers
Your new DSTv decoder
Your new cutlery set
Your new Tiger generator
Your wife's new Victoria Secret lace bra
Your son's Transformer toy
Your new Samsung Galaxy S4
Your new Nike boots
Your new Marc Darcy 3-piece suit
Abi o. And consider taking them all to church.

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Pakonte(m): 11:39am On Aug 04, 2013
big-t:
To show how grateful u r to God, do accordingly.
if u buy a nu fone will u dedicate it in church?
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 04, 2013
what do you mean by the infinite one?
Are you saying Jesus (Son of God )?

Billyonaire: You do not need to dedicate a car, it makes no sense at all. God didnt give you a car, you bought it with your money. You can be grateful to the infinite oneness, but it doesnt even care about these minor material thing that helps you move within a tiny fraction of its creation.

People need to know how to separate the madness called Religion from the Infinite One, who needs no worship.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Pakonte(m): 11:41am On Aug 04, 2013
woky: see dis mango wan tel us say him buy car
like say if im buy nu fone e go enta church 4 dedication...na real sherry mango e b
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by sicily4u: 11:43am On Aug 04, 2013
@poster remember majority of the reply's here na kids, don't forget when we did a poll concerning age group.
So use your sense and do the right thing

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by obowunmi(m): 11:51am On Aug 04, 2013
Now if you don't go to church, what meaning will a car dedication hv to you.

Abeg, leave long thing.which one is car dedication again?
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by SimplySEA(m): 12:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
And they overcame by the blood of the Lamb and THE WORDS OF THEIR TESTIMONY...... It's truely ur choice, but if u're a real christain, i believ u know wat to do.....

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nokio1: 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
The sagacity of ur sanguine and cantankarus decision not to revere the holy One will lead u to damnation...

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by anonimi: 12:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
Billyonaire: You do not need to dedicate a car, it makes no sense at all. God didnt give you a car, you bought it with your money. You can be grateful to the infinite oneness, but it doesnt even care about these minor material thing that helps you move within a tiny fraction of its creation.

People need to know how to separate the madness called Religion from the Infinite One, who needs no worship.

For those who think what is up there is unBiblical, they should read up the conversation of Jesus Christ with the Samaritan woman at the well in John 4.

http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=john+4&ver=kjv

Happy meditation. Happy Sunday.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2013
Demain_man: Guys! While we are at it, I just bought a LISTER GENERATOR for 1 million naira. Should I dedicate it for my church? If yes, do I need to carry it to the church for the pastor's blessing

Lol, abi them wan bless everything grin. You gotta dedicate your diesel too!
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by kukus01(m): 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
Demain_man: Guys! While we are at it, I just bought a LISTER GENERATOR for 1 million naira. Should I dedicate it for my church? If yes, do I need to carry it to the church for the pastor's blessing
lobatan!

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Dollarjunkie: 12:28pm On Aug 04, 2013
SLIDE waxie: hey dude,
May i remind u dt this is a religious section? And ur comment is actually foolish...

If only nairaland has filter that filters un_intelligent beings like u undecided

I think his comment is more intelligent than yours.
I learnt something from his comment but didn't learn any from yours.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by coputa(m): 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2013
Are you afraid of going to church...
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Flygerian1(m): 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2013
valicious1:
Thanx bro but I thank the Lord as I wake up every morning. Must it be done in church?
Why?... If u have reasons for that then i think u should also have reason to be greatful to God for your new car.

If u cant take it to church then allow her drive it to church for prayers and thanks giving. Its ALL for ur own good/benefit.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2013
micklplus: All these show offs sef! Must you dedicate a car in church? For what? So that people go no say u don arrive? What happens to ; God I thank you for all that you have done? In the corner of your room? Oh, you must runs for pastor, abi? You no nah, you must to arrange envelope after hin don bless you car, bah?

When you buy a new shirt, dedicate in church. We you disv.I.r.g.in your wife, dedicate. When you buy a new bag of rice, dedicate bikonu!!!

abi ohh...in as much as he pay his tithe...he his good to go.....
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by kevinsndeobi(m): 1:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
Your sister loves you.You can't see what she sees. She should first pray for God to open your eyes for you to see.

I can't buy a car and not dedicate it.The one I am using now was dedicated four years ago.

Do it. It's the best insurance. Quote me.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2013
I hate this black man kind of religion! Even the white who exported religion over here don't take it to this dimension. All these material things dedication is just a bloody show off. What happened to you personally thanking God for his blessings upon you?? You could even come out for testimony if ur d testimony type and thank God dat "oh God blessed me bountifully". Simple!
Once you show appreciation to God, no need for dedication, he's already happy with ur grateful heart and he'll def protect and bless u more.

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by sweetBummsy(f): 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
Yungwizzzy: don't be ungrateful bro. you should thank and dedicate that ride to God. nor be by power oo
yea, pls do. It shows hw grateful u r to God nd he wil definatly bless u d mre
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by woky: 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
Pakonte: like say if im buy nu fone e go enta church 4 dedication...na real sherry mango e b
no mind am jare.. Ndi car mtcheeeeeeeeeews
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by olatayok(f): 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
Pls avoid talking †✆ God like who d hell Ȋ̝̊̅§ he watch Ʊя̲̣̣̥ mouth if U̶̲̥̅ like dedicate Ʊя̲̣̣̥ car aπϑ if U̶̲̥̅ like don't it not ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥A̶̲̥̅ most so don't disrespect God.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by lomprico(m): 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
sicily4u: @poster remember majority of the reply's here na kids, don't forget when we did a poll concerning age group.
And what is the right thing? Na bad thing say d bobo buy car? Old man!
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by valicious1(m): 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
sicily4u: @poster remember majority of the reply's here na kids, don't forget when we did a poll concerning age group.
Thanks bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have Cursed God / The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Is It A Sin For Guy To Wear Fitted Shirts And Skinny Trousers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.