Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? (19340 Views)

Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by MrMi6(m): 9:29am On Aug 04, 2013
valicious1: Happy sunday to all nairalanders.
This is an issue seriously causing commotions between me and my sister. I finally changed my troublesome camry and got myself an i-vtec last month, I happened to travel to Delta state for a 4day seminar and since my sister and her family lives close to the venue I had to stay with them throughout the duration of the seminar. My sister has always been the very religious type right from our growing up years. Everybody was happyy for my new car but the problems started when she asked if I had dedicated it in the church and I replied no cos I didn't see it as a necessity. She insisted, threatened and even went as far as trying to drive the car herself to her church which caused a minor dent. I had to angrily leave before sunday. Now she sent me a text calling me an unrepentant atheist who would burn in hell (in my own car lol). Now my question, is it mandatory by law or bible that one must dedicate his car in the church( with gifts for the pastor/priest of course) I have all my licences intact so why the compulsion to dedicate it in church again?
its not a must yew dedicate in church brox. Follow ur hrt. Buh its kul 2testify n dedicate amist brethren 2hlp encourage odas...
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Syenite(m): 9:31am On Aug 04, 2013
Growing up in a church my parents and I attended, I saw many people dedicate their cars and I was wishing and Praying that one day i will buy and dedicate mine. Several years after God blessed me with a good job that took me away from Lagos where I grew up to Benin City. Soon after I bought a car. I did nt feel like dedicating it in church cos I later saw it as show-off. The man that helped me secure the car is a pastor in RCCG. He blessed the car for me and I drove it away to Benin.I have been driving the ride now for almost 6yrs and no issues. It all depends on what u believe in. If u dnt want to dedicate it in church u can call on a good Man of God to bless it for you.BUT YOU SURE NEED A MINISTER OF GOD TO BLESS THE CAR FOR YOU though not neccesarily in church.

2 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 04, 2013
Fooolish gullible set of moroons. What the hell? Dedicate what in church for what? To show of abi? Arrant nonsensical craps. Praise God at your house and enjoy your car jare.

4 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Dzany(m): 9:36am On Aug 04, 2013
frau.d-s.tars parading themselves as MOG.......wants to penetrate all aspect of our lives!

@ topic........thankGod for your gift by being considerate to other road users...man and beast inclusive.

3 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Jccy(f): 9:40am On Aug 04, 2013
Y dnt u try nd dedicate wit me sinc u dnt wnt d church*winks*
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 04, 2013
sometimes I wonder how we got to this point where owning a car becomes such a big deal. Do you dedicate your new iphone 5 or Ipad in church when you get them? its just the effect of several decades of impoverishment in the black society that drives such practices.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with friends, colleagues, family or even fellow church or club members rejoicing with you over a new car but 'dedicating' the car in church? for what purpose if I may ask? are you dedicating it to be used for church purposes? cos I really dont know why I should dedicate a personal car in church.

and in case anyone here is thinking that dedicating a car in church is a sign of gratitude to God, then you belong to the wrong school of thought; It makes absolutely no difference

4 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 04, 2013

OP while you're at it, why not dedicate these too:

Your new Tommy Hilfiger boxers
Your new DSTv decoder
Your new cutlery set
Your new Tiger generator
Your wife's new Victoria Secret lace bra
Your son's Transformer toy
Your new Samsung Galaxy S4
Your new Nike boots
Your new Marc Darcy 3-piece suit

8 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 04, 2013
Syenite: Growing up in a church my parents and I attended, I saw many people dedicate their cars and I was wishing and Praying that one day i will buy and dedicate mine. Several years after God blessed me with a good job that took me away from Lagos where I grew up to Benin City. Soon after I bought a car. I did nt feel like dedicating it in church cos I later saw it as show-off. The man that helped me secure the car is a pastor in RCCG. He blessed the car for me and I drove it away to Benin.I have been driving the ride now for almost 6yrs and no issues. It all depends on what u believe in. If u dnt want to dedicate it in church u can call on a good Man of God to bless it for you.BUT YOU SURE NEED A MINISTER OF GOD TO BLESS THE CAR FOR YOU though not neccesarily in church.

I'm really interested in knowing how you came about the above highlighted statement?

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by dfav: 9:47am On Aug 04, 2013
Lol @ op
Its not compulsory to take your car or anything to church for dedication expect your child based on the Bible teaching but you know Nigerian churches are very very religious and traditional even having a way of doing things that churches in the western world don't even practices.

do you know the common one now is the papa & mama stuff reigning ....

2 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 04, 2013
dfav: Lol @ op
Its not compulsory to take your car or anything to church for dedication expect your child based on the Bible teaching but you know Nigerian churches are very very religious and traditional even having a way of doing things that churches in the western world don't even practices.

U do you know the common one now is the papa & mama stuff reigning ....

please show me the bible reference that teaches child dedication... seriously waiting undecided
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Gozzzy(m): 9:51am On Aug 04, 2013
This is an issue seriously causing commotions between me and my sister. I finally changed my troublesome camry and got myself an i-vtec last month, I happened to travel to Delta state for a 4day seminar and since my sister and her family lives close to the venue I had to stay with them throughout the duration of the seminar. My sister has always been the very religious type right from our growing up years. Everybody was happyy for my new car but the problems started when she asked if I had dedicated it in the church and I replied no cos I didn't see it as a necessity. She insisted, threatened and even went as far as trying to drive the car herself to her church which caused a minor dent. I had to angrily leave before sunday. Now she sent me a text calling me an unrepentant atheist who would burn in hell (in my own car lol). Now my question, is it mandatory by law or bible that one must dedicate his car in the church( with gifts for the pastor/priest of course) I have all my licences intact so why the compulsion to dedicate it in church again?
Whether you dedicate am to church, mosque or shrine, who e concern? By the way, which true Christian will open his or her mouth to condemn you to die in a car, and rot in hell
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by cold(m): 9:53am On Aug 04, 2013
@Op,the answer is NO!Simples!It's a waste of time,money & effort.Sky daddy does not give cars,you worked hard & rewarded yourself with a car.Don't let the indoctrinators tell you any different

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by dfav: 9:59am On Aug 04, 2013
@Lobeez

Jesus was dedicated in Luke 2 vs 21-24
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by kenjudy(m): 10:03am On Aug 04, 2013
Ur sister na winch!!! Run for ur life oooo!!! How can a reasonable christian reprimand u just becos u refused to dedicate ur car? What happens when u refuse to attend church kpatakpata? She go skin u alive abi? Na wa for religious bigots of dis we country naija. By d way, am catholic and we never reprimand or force sm1 to dedicate whatever to church for whatever reason, at least never happened in my own parish. Just correcting where u stroked priest u hear. Thank God u bought a car, and nairaland is enuf show off and dedication as many has already prayed for u and d car. We'll children of God through baptism and possess d same spiritual powers of mog or priests as long as we believe. So here's my prayer: may God bless u more to bless others and never take dat car to ashawo joint else arm robbers go snatch am in... Name... Amiin!!! grin grin
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 04, 2013
In life, exposure is very important. It is very sad to see Nigerian Christians living his way. There is so much fear in them - fear of the pastor, fear of witches, fear of 'blood-sucking demons'. Brother, my advice to you, your business is your business and nobody's. Be quiet about your car mate. God meets people everywhere and anywhere. Your gratitude to him is a million times more significant than a public show in church.

2 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by gsparks01(m): 10:07am On Aug 04, 2013
It is not important.. God looks at the heart and knows if u'r grateful or not
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 04, 2013
dfav: @Lobeez

Jesus was dedicated in Luke 2 vs 21-24

In accordance to which law and custom?

Now this is the scripture you quoted:

Luke 2:21-24
King James Version (KJV)
21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;

23 (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lordwink

24 And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.

You must understand that Jesus was dedicated based on Jewish laws (Exodus 13:2)which required every male child to be dedicated to Yaweh.

Exodus 13:2
New International Version (NIV)
2 “Consecrate to me every firstborn male. The first offspring of every womb among the Israelites belongs to me, whether human or animal.”

As with so many other practices observed in todays church, this is very unecessary

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 04, 2013
it is necessary but not compulsory. I have no intention of dedicating my car in church when I start buying, that is not to say I won't dedicate it to God.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by yosmen: 10:18am On Aug 04, 2013
As a christain who prays to God and He answers.It is God that gave u the power to make wealth and buy that car,alot of pple are not opportune.
In psalms david always speaks of testifing about the goodness of God in the midst of the saints.
your dedicating your car in church is not about u alone but the faith of others that are trusting God for such blessings.You will become a reference point in their prayers.

Also.appreciating God by dedicating it in church will cause God to do more goodness in your life to showforth His praises.

and finally,respect the anointing of God in Your pastors.Jesus built His church for a reason and d gate of hell or fake MOG will not prevail against it.

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by chingydaboss(m): 10:29am On Aug 04, 2013
Stop bein stubborn nd askin too many questions.. just dedicate it to God to avoid unforseen events.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by FlyboyZee: 10:35am On Aug 04, 2013
It is essentially not neccessary to dedicate ur car in church.
I have never dedicated any of my cars in church and I have owned quite a handful.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 04, 2013
chingydaboss: Stop bein stubborn nd askin too many questions.. just dedicate it to God to avoid unforseen events.

so cars that are dedicated to 'God' dont break down, crash or develop faults right?

Why do people just choose to live in denial for heavens sake?

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by kinslykc(m): 10:37am On Aug 04, 2013
Not compulsory but necessary....
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by dfav: 10:37am On Aug 04, 2013
@Yosmen

The believe of respecting the anointing in your pastor life is a big fat lie from Nigerian church.

As a matured and well behaved person you need to respect every man u meet in life wether he is a pastor or not.

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by 3ace(m): 10:39am On Aug 04, 2013
valicious1: Now she sent me a text calling me an unrepentant atheist who would burn in hell (in my own car lol).
Haba! On top wetin na? That sister of yours has fanaticism enough to join Boko Haram if she was a Muslim. If she was that religious, couldn't she bless the car herself? This is why some people are gullible and easily fall prey to fake pastors. OP, thank God you also pray. Just continue to pray for God's protection and no evil shall befall you within or without the car. Continue living your life jare.

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 04, 2013
Lordave: what do you mean by religous sec and comment is actually foolish
Oh I see, your god doesn't tolerate foolish comments,no wonder he made Abigail barren.
What a hostile religion!
I can c ignorance in u,u jst want dem 2 tink n u re an intellectual 2, actually abigail l8ter gave birth huh read d bibbe well pls
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by ghettodreamz(m): 10:41am On Aug 04, 2013
It's not MANDATORY BUT NECESSARY. Bro, at the long-run the advantages will definitely outweigh its disadvantages if there is even any.

From a personal experience, taking the car for a dedication will go a long way to help prevent unforeseen dangers that might be lurking or lying ahead of you. So, it's advisable if only you want to. I for one don't really buy the idea back then when I bought my first but glad I did and listened to my partner and I can categorically say I never regretted it. (So many long trips on distrastrous roads and plans of the enemies, but they were all averted and rendered null). God be praised and devil
be shamed.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by segzicres(m): 10:44am On Aug 04, 2013
Ol, im sorry but your sister is a lost soul. Wth! sad angry angryL when i bought my own car a pastor prayed onit, thats didnt stop it fromnhaving faults or scratches. What im trying to say in essence is be grateful, thatsnenough for GOD. He doesnt need you to broadcast it abeg!
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by nbright: 10:54am On Aug 04, 2013
valicious1:
Thanx bro but I thank the Lord as I wake up every morning. Must it be done in church?
Help me ask them... Many know how to shout about God and Jesus but they hardly practice what they preach...
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by pannyman(m): 10:59am On Aug 04, 2013
In my opinion, a lot of people who dedicate their cars really mean to show off.

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 04, 2013
Demain_man: Guys! While we are at it, I just bought a LISTER GENERATOR for 1 million naira. Should I dedicate it for my church? If yes, do I need to carry it to the church for the pastor's blessing
Yes, you can get a towing vehicle or maybe a forklift to assist with the movement of the lister gen.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by trappatoni(m): 11:00am On Aug 04, 2013
Reuben.Abati:
[img]http://c2.likes-media.com/img/6ad438588860294a1c24bb6d471eea0a.600x[/img]
i guess thats the only comment you'll make throughout this week.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tom Kolawole Samson Graduates From University Of Essex, UK (Photos) / T.B. Joshua Doesn't Support Military Action Against Syria / What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.