Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,491 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:28 AM

Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? (19562 Views)

Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
Lordave: what do you mean by religous sec and comment is actually foolish
Oh I see, your god doesn't tolerate foolish comments,no wonder he made Abigail barren.
What a hostile religion!
what is this one saying?

Is ur own god so daft e can't make u comprehend?

It's just like going to the shrine and asking them to stop worshipping their Gods or telling them not to call a diety's name!
Or u ask the muslim not to mention allah or they shldnt be grateful to him!

The foolish man like u who pride himself a billionaire with brains comes into a christian section to say God doesn't give the poster anything...

How foolish does dt sound?

But yours is worse....i can tell u dt!
grin your god is a comedian grin no intelligence whatsoever!

I reckon u and billy worship d same diety grin
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by babyboy3(m): 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
kevins ndeobi:

Your sister loves you.You can't see what she sees. She should first pray for God to open your eyes for you to see.

I can't buy a car and not dedicate it.The one I am using now was dedicated four years ago.

Do it. It's the best insurance. Quote me.

Tell me what was the last thing you dedicated to God
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by yadnus1(m): 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
What is big deal in buying a car?it's quite unfortunate that in this part of the world ppl still see cars as a yardstick to measure wealth or values. This is a graduate here buying a used car probably used buy an illiterate peasant farmer over there in a better country where things work & he's talking about dedication. Car,a liability -not even an asset.

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by flourishG(m): 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
Why u looking for a law dat tells u to dedicate or not to dedicate? Aren't u grown up to decide for yrself? Them manufacturers n white pple drive latest cars made yesterday n never dedicated nothing but them religious pple thinks buying car is a miracle n so need dedication.RENEW YOUR MIND!

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by babyboy3(m): 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
Look, what you do to show your appreciation to God is between you and God, not you, the priest, the 1000 church members and God.

God wants a relationship between you and him, not a religion!

Its like that part in the book of Matthew, about a Man who prayed loudly in public so that everyone could hear his prayer and God said to him that he got what he was looking for! Peoples attention or Boasting!! but not what he prayed for.

If you are going to dedicate your brand new car then you have to dedicate your brand new pen or else you are a hypocrite! Why didnt your sister tell you to dedicate your brand new phone or Laptop but was hell bent on the 4 wheel metal? Please be careful because the car is not your God! saying thank you and praising God is more than enough!

2 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Originalsly: 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2013
Reality...is this your new car a blessing or curse? ...a car causing envy and definitely bad blood between siblings.But then again the actions of your sister shows that she is not as hmmm.... holy as people believed. Why is she raising hell about dedicating the car as if she is the owner? ...and condemning you to hell if you don't do as she says? I would advise you not to dedicate anything material period.Did you dedicate your new pair of socks?...salary?...pen? ...where would it end?
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Miraclebaby1109: 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
Dedication of the car isn't a must,That i call a show off, And somethings we are the cause of our problem, Cant one buy something and shut up? I hate our mentality of Christianity sha. U can never see oyibo call up pastor to come dedicate car. Nawa ooo
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by antartica(m): 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
Dedicate it to nigerian death trap roads and untrained drivers,they are gods and devils you should look out for while driving.

Speed kills.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Kalamaya: 5:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
People like Bros Aliko Dangote will be busy all year round by dedicating his fleet of trailers. poverty is a sin
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by adconline(m): 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2013
Don't them. Pastors are not God. Your prayer alone is enough. I'd rather use the money that would go to pastor/priest and donate to less privileged
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Queenhadassah: 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
It is wise to dedicate a new car or any other property to God. Its a way of saying thank you to God and commiting such property into the hands of God. It doesn't have to be done infront of the whole church. In my church for example, u can drive the car to church and inform the pastor(s) about the new car and he will come out and pray on the car and also 4 u, that's all. Some pastors could even come to your house and pray on the car. It doesn't have to be a ceremony!
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Ayatullah(m): 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
Did you dedicate your troublesome Camry in the church when you bought it?................if YES, then what is stopping you dedicating the new one? If NO, ask yourself what you will lose not dedicating this new one. My warning to you however, is that there are 'EVIL EYES' even in Churches, the choice should be yours at the end of the day not your sister's. The best way to thank God however when you are happy is to remember the needy, so go out and give charity to those in need for God sake.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by lastpage: 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2013
God is SPIRIT!

He is EVERYWHERE!

Even before you utter the Prayer, he hears and knows the INTENTION OF YOUR HEART!

Dont let ANYONE put HEAVY LOAD on your shoulder ..... even if they feel like putting one on their own shoulder!

You are NOT responsible to all these nay-sayers!

Dedicate in Church or not, OVERSPEEDING and DRINK_DRIVING CAN KILL YOU! Slow down Bro, drink Coke if you must drink and drive!!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by 9jatatafo(m): 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
Bros if you want to dedicate the car do it on your free will. It is about choice. Your sister have no power whatsoever to force you to do what you don't want to do. What makes you feel God is pleased with us humans buying cars that sends fellow humans to their early grave day in day out through accidents as a result of pot-hole infested roads in Nigeria and looking at women with fat back sides as well as some mixtures of Sapele water in the blood. Nigerians over do things. Though the Bible said that we should always give thanks in whatever situation we are. Use your number 6, I rest my case.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by otokx(m): 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2013
no you must not
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by lymelyte(m): 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2013
I am so fcukin tire of this so called religious mindset of a nation called nigeria. What is really going on my beloved country? Far eastern Europe(norway,sweden etc),where 95% of the population are Atheist,experience rapid growth and development because no religion sentiment is attached to thier life.
It is really obvious that religion has become a main-stay and re-occuring problem in this country.Why can't we tell ourselves the truth for once. A YES is yes and a NO is no.We should stop decieving ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by chingydaboss(m): 8:38pm On Aug 04, 2013
Lobeez: is it a crime to dedicate a gift. Cud b in nywher bt it matters
.... just sayin
so cars that are dedicated to 'God' dont break down, crash or develop faults right?

Why do people just choose to live in denial for heavens sake?

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
so i suppose don go church 3 times for dedication dis year.

some people get time. my friend wey be car importer go dey dedicate every sunday.

my mum came up with same idea in march, i told her to go and bless the car herself. if she no want make she leave.

for your warning. dont go about exposing yourself when you have nothing. ivtec no pass 1.5
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
Kalamaya: People like Bros Aliko Dangote will be busy all year round by dedicating his fleet of trailers. poverty is a sin

hehehe. nah achievement for some side nah.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by respectkings: 7:30am On Aug 05, 2013
Young man, Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊ sis was tryin 2 lay a G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ beginnin.. 4 u . Sombody‎​​ must nt push u 2 dedicate de car, but is necessary. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ .. Do de right tin
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Lawalemi(m): 8:19am On Aug 05, 2013
What is in a car
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by bimchuswhat(f): 9:19am On Aug 05, 2013
Lordave: what do you mean by religous sec and comment is actually foolish
Oh I see, your god doesn't tolerate foolish comments,no wonder he made Abigail barren.
What a hostile religion!
[color=#006600][/color]
Why do I have to talk in this manner. Hummmmm.......people dont know what they say to attract curses notbonly to themselves but generations to come. Beware.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by egariyi(f): 9:51am On Aug 05, 2013
IMO, I dont think its necessary to take a 'car' to the church for dedication. As a child of God, you have access to the Father which you can access anytime. As for us, we pray over over any new car by ourselves. Most of the dedications of cars are done in most cases to 'show off' that we have 'arrived' too and it also sends negative thoughts to those that do not have the means yet to get one. The Bible admonishes that let everything be done in moderation!
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by joni2time: 10:53am On Aug 05, 2013
The essence is to show people in church that
If GOD can do it for u then it can do it for
Someone else . It's suppose to be like a testimony
Where u use to show GOD ur appreciation.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Prettyberrys(f): 11:29am On Aug 05, 2013
I think she isn't saying anything out of place, I think you should appreciate God for it , except you got it via another means.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by oloriooko(m): 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2013
[size=48pt]NO[/size]

You do not dedicate car in church rather you dedicate your car to God anywhere!
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by chokolatte: 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2013
You dont have to make the regular dedication noise just call a pastor to come pray on it simple
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by victorchinedu: 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
This your honda I-VTEC is it a brand new tear rubber or same tokunbo that one white man have used for almost 4yrs or more and dumped, dedicating any property I think is a thing of choice the dedications I know which is biblical are (1) When one is Born (2) When you have your holy matrimony 'wedding' and (3) When you die. So like I wrote earlier Dedicating a property is a thing of choice.

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by kimco(m): 1:27am On Aug 06, 2013
for me, i believe in giving, i rly want to give back to my country, Ghana, in the biggest way possible. That's just by the way.
@ OP, if u dnt need the car anymore, why don't u sell it and with the money received, u give to charity, somewhere u know will be very needed. That's if u want to. u can still give any other way too, not necessarily involving the car.
In the past, charity was given to the poor and needy and most of them assembled at the church so it was easier to give to them, that why people gave to the church. Now a days there are numerous institutions people can donate monies to, to help the less fortunate, buh instead of using their brains, people follow the old traditions of giving to the church, thinking they are giving to the lord (seriously, people are that daft?). As if the extravagant church building and the pastor's designer clothing wasn't enough, we had to add more to it, while leaving the poor, to starve to death. Pls OP, give to the needy any way possible, a good church will support that decision. As for the car, pls pls pls don't donate nothing to the church. Ur sis must be ashamed of herself.

1 Like

Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by kimco(m): 1:30am On Aug 06, 2013
joni2time: The essence is to show people in church that
If GOD can do it for u then it can do it for
Someone else . It's suppose to be like a testimony
Where u use to show GOD ur appreciation.
That breeds greed and a serious thirst for prosperity, which can be very very very dangerous. Do not lead ur people into temptation.
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by Marv650(m): 2:50am On Aug 06, 2013
tell her to dedicate her christmass dress. matthew6 read that just park well for your room thank your God silently . Or you end up feeding your pastor
Re: Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? by andymofia(m): 10:15am On Aug 06, 2013
Demain_man: Guys! While we are at it, I just bought a LISTER GENERATOR for 1 million naira. Should I dedicate it for my church? If yes, do I need to carry it to the church for the pastor's blessing

Lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Is It A Sin For Guy To Wear Fitted Shirts And Skinny Trousers? / Sex Scandal: Is Apostle Suleman Scared To Go To Court?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.