Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

"Keeping Secrets In Relationships... The Big Picture" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Keeping Secrets In Relationships... The Big Picture" (766 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Keeping Secrets in a Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Keeping Secrets In Relationships... The Big Picture" by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 04, 2013
No one wants their partner keeping secrets from them. Everybody wants the truth of their partner's past, present and sometimes even request for the future if any are available.

Secret telling in relationships actually do build stronger bond, trust and connection.It brings in credibility, reliability and faithfulness to the table. And many relationships have broken because someone wasn't telling their secrets or was even lying about them... interesting! isn't it?

The Truth:

Revealing secrets in relationships is a good thing but at the same time, I think it's a two way thing.

From experience I think there are more relationships that got broken as a result of secret revealing than it's for safeguarding it. The reason is because the human body has this tendency to want to absorb things that it can barely digest... wanting to know every detail but with little capability to handle the truth.

Some secrets are probably not supposed to be told in relationships and this is not because you don't love your partner rather it's the opposite. You keep certain secrets to protect a relationship than it's to destroy it.

Take for example:

I once had a friend whose relationship got broken because he cheated and after that break-up two things happened:

1: He acknowledged that what he did was wrong

2: He was 100% ready for a change

I may have not believed his resolutions but I do strongly know that he believed in himself about it. So it goes, he got into another relationship and you could see his determination to make things right... his NOW girlfriend loved him for his vision about having a healthy relationship but pretty soon he decided to tell the secret behind his last relationship.

And from there on things never remained the same. In the long run, him not answering his calls were interpreted to mean "is he doing it again"? His close relationships with other women were also misinterpreted to mean "Men will always be cheats"... etc.

So let me ask:

Did you notice in this case that revealing the secret builds in NEGATIVITY instead of the usual positivity?

Did you also notice that BOY told his secrets because he was ready for a change but that wasn't exactly how GIRL saw it?

Why?

Because revealing the secret created another world for the woman to study, a world that is built with elements of doubts, negativity as compared to the former one which was just the NICE MAN before her all this while, a nice man who was on a mission for a change.

So regardless of how you think revealing secrets makes a relationship healthy, it's important to recognize what elements are built in around your little secrets, is it going to create positivity or otherwise... in other-words the psychological impact.

As long as you're ready for a change about a particular error of yours, telling it, is not worth it. But if you've doubts you can share it and ask for help and also pray your listener buys into your new ambition.

www.flaubertajiero..co.uk
Re: "Keeping Secrets In Relationships... The Big Picture" by Bootylicious(f): 4:33am On Aug 07, 2013
Lovely article. Somethings are better left unsaid!!!
Flaubert Ajiero: No one wants their partner keeping secrets from them. Everybody wants the truth of their partner's past, present and sometimes even request for the future if any are available.

Secret telling in relationships actually do build stronger bond, trust and connection.It brings in credibility, reliability and faithfulness to the table. And many relationships have broken because someone wasn't telling their secrets or was even lying about them... interesting! isn't it?

The Truth:

Revealing secrets in relationships is a good thing but at the same time, I think it's a two way thing.

From experience I think there are more relationships that got broken as a result of secret revealing than it's for safeguarding it. The reason is because the human body has this tendency to want to absorb things that it can barely digest... wanting to know every detail but with little capability to handle the truth.

Some secrets are probably not supposed to be told in relationships and this is not because you don't love your partner rather it's the opposite. You keep certain secrets to protect a relationship than it's to destroy it.

Take for example:

I once had a friend whose relationship got broken because he cheated and after that break-up two things happened:

1: He acknowledged that what he did was wrong

2: He was 100% ready for a change

I may have not believed his resolutions but I do strongly know that he believed in himself about it. So it goes, he got into another relationship and you could see his determination to make things right... his NOW girlfriend loved him for his vision about having a healthy relationship but pretty soon he decided to tell the secret behind his last relationship.

And from there on things never remained the same. In the long run, him not answering his calls were interpreted to mean "is he doing it again"? His close relationships with other women were also misinterpreted to mean "Men will always be cheats"... etc.

So let me ask:

Did you notice in this case that revealing the secret builds in NEGATIVITY instead of the usual positivity?

Did you also notice that BOY told his secrets because he was ready for a change but that wasn't exactly how GIRL saw it?

Why?

Because revealing the secret created another world for the woman to study, a world that is built with elements of doubts, negativity as compared to the former one which was just the NICE MAN before her all this while, a nice man who was on a mission for a change.

So regardless of how you think revealing secrets makes a relationship healthy, it's important to recognize what elements are built in around your little secrets, is it going to create positivity or otherwise... in other-words the psychological impact.

As long as you're ready for a change about a particular error of yours, telling it, is not worth it. But if you've doubts you can share it and ask for help and also pray your listener buys into your new ambition.

www.flaubertajiero.com

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Dating A Girl And A Woman / Ideas To Show Love / Would U Perfer Dating A Bad Ass Pretty Bitch Or An Ugly Good Gal D@ Sucks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.