Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389913 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 7:18am On Aug 04, 2014
Patiladwonder: 30 YOUWIN 3 POSSIBLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Business Information (For both new and existing business)
1. Your Name:___________________________________________________
2. Your qualification:______________________________________________
3.Business Name:________________________________________________
4.Type of Business:_______________________________________________
5. Sector of Business/Business Location :________________________________
You can read the remaining at
http://dayoadetiloye.com/30-youwin-3-possible-interview-questions/

They've already given us the quetions o!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ciscaos(f): 7:20am On Aug 04, 2014
Bigboyz32: mine is on 13th, August by 10:30 - 11:10am at Enugu. i am wondering if the result of d interview will take long as usual.
mine is 16th august at Enugu. pls i would want u to update me wen you do yours. can i get your contart? thank you.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Patiladwonder(m): 9:54am On Aug 04, 2014
20 TIPS TO SURVIVE YOUWIN 3 PANEL INTERVIEW

1. Don’t come late to the venue.
2. Make Eye Contact with the members on the panel.
3. Prepare by Rehearsing.
4. BE CONFIDENT……and even if you are not feeling confident, try to project confidence.
Use a mentor or coach to work with you in a practice interview role play.
Demonstrate that you’re making connections during the conversation.

5. Instead of just answering each person’s question, see if you can make connections and demonstrate your active listening skills.

Click here to read more...

http://dayoadetiloye.com/20-tips-survive-youwin-3-panel-interview/
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 1:23am On Aug 05, 2014
Have you guys seen this?

Pretty impressive...... Dupsy (MKO) Abiola delivers one of

Dragons Den Best Pitch Ever >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zumkSeC2u3M

If she can, YES YOU AND I CAN!

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 05, 2014
ciscaos: mine is 16th august at Enugu. pls i would want u to update me wen you do yours. can i get your contact? thank you.
Sure. 07063018638
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
Mine is 13th Enugu. Anybody with me?

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by obiscolly(m): 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
CoolKizzy: Mine is 13th Enugu. Anybody with me?
Mine is a day after, 14th!

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 11:12am On Aug 06, 2014
Coolkizzy, God is with you smiley wink
Wishing all of us all d very best, God will favour us.. Its important we visit and discuss extensuvely with people that are in the line of the business we choose, in order to know their challenges 1st hand knowledge of the business.... Theory alone will not help. Pls 4 those doing theirs early keep us posted... Success is ours, LETS GO THERE!!!!

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Lovechild: 9:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
mine is 21st, best western 9:10am. I pray all of us wins! smiley. it just might be a simple interview not as intensive or competitive as dragons den cos it kinda different here. even though its a competition its also is a government grant not a bunch of cut-throat fire-breathing investors looking only to make quick money and garner high ratings for the tv promoters.. drawing the contrast further some of us are going to be pitching new non-existent business while at the dragons den you have to have your business up an running or at least at a prototype stage (i think!) and be able to demonstrate your numbers thoroughly using multimedia boards n stuff.. here we weren't asked to even prepare a slide.. just my thinking tho..

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 11:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
chukwuka12: Coolkizzy, God is with you smiley wink
Wishing all of us all d very best, God will favour us.. Its important we visit and discuss extensuvely with people that are in the line of the business we choose, in order to know their challenges 1st hand knowledge of the business.... Theory alone will not help. Pls 4 those doing theirs early keep us posted... Success is ours, LETS GO THERE!!!!

thanks bro, wishing u all the best too. where and when is yours?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sydneyobioha(m): 9:11am On Aug 07, 2014
Goodday everyone.. A friend just introduced me to this educating forum. I'm also an awardee, mine is in Enugu on 13th.. pls my question is "Are we suppose to type the responses to the questions directly inside the template boxes or do we type it in a separate sheet (MS word document)"? Thanks!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 10:56am On Aug 07, 2014
Lovechild: mine is 21st, best western 9:10am. I pray all of us wins! smiley. it just might be a simple interview not as intensive or competitive as dragons den cos it kinda different here. even though its a competition its also is a government grant not a bunch of cut-throat fire-breathing investors looking only to make quick money and garner high ratings for the tv promoters.. drawing the contrast further some of us are going to be pitching new non-existent business while at the dragons den you have to have your business up an running or at least at a prototype stage (i think!) and be able to demonstrate your numbers thoroughly using multimedia boards n stuff.. here we weren't asked to even prepare a slide.. just my thinking tho..

You have a point and you might be correct but then I think it's better to be over prepared than to be under prepared. Whatever the intention of the Dragons Den, it still avail us a wondeful learning medium. You can always look beyon the drama to what you personally can learn from it. And if we critically analyze why the interview was introduce in this edition in the first place, it might be wise get more prepared for a dragons den expereince, most expecially you guyz we a New Business.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 11:00am On Aug 07, 2014
sydneyobioha: Goodday everyone.. A friend just introduced me to this educating forum. I'm also an awardee, mine is in Enugu on 13th.. pls my question is "Are we suppose to type the responses to the questions directly inside the template boxes or do we type it in a separate sheet (MS word document)"? Thanks!

Answer the questions directly on the ms word word on your system before printing it out. It is easy to determine the number of words and it will also make your work very neat.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 11:01am On Aug 07, 2014
sydneyobioha: Goodday everyone.. A friend just introduced me to this educating forum. I'm also an awardee, mine is in Enugu on 13th.. pls my question is "Are we suppose to type the responses to the questions directly inside the template boxes or do we type it in a separate sheet (MS word document)"? Thanks!

No one is certain because it was not indicated in the instructions. But, looking at the format YouWiN has adopted from the begin I think, we are expected to 'fill in' the answers in the same template, I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Patiladwonder(m): 11:22am On Aug 07, 2014
YOUWIN 3 MOCK PANEL INTERVIEW REPORT AND GUIDE IS HERE!

My Dear Millionaire Friend,

It gladdens my heart for a huge turnout of my millionaire friends that came to the
mock youwin panel interview on Sat 2nd August 2014, at Osun state, Nigeria.

I met a lot of people for the very first time. It was exciting as people were taught how
to defend their 10 million naira through their business plan.

NOTE: If you don’t defend your business plan very well at the interview stage,
you might not be thrown out of the competition but I guarantee you that your 10 million naira will be reduced.

At the mock panel interview, we also received the new template that will be
used to interview you. We also did justice to that.

NOTE: The content you put in the template must be the one you can talk about and defend.

Click here to read the more:

http://dayoadetiloye.com/youwin-3-mock-panel-interview-report-guide/
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by obiscolly(m): 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2014

I think that's what the space underneath each question is meant for. It's just logical to type it in there.

Welcome to Nairaland smiley

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 3:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
Respected nairalanders, who knows exact number of people shortlisted. Some say 1200 while others say 1500.. pls help..!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 3:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
dauaminu: Respected nairalanders, who knows exact number of people shortlisted. Some say 1200 while others say 1500.. pls help..!

It's not stated anywhere so everything you hear are speculations. But I guess we may be more than 1200.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
@Coolkizzy, mine is on 29th in abuja.... cool
@dauaminu, don't get me wrong, but don't Boda on the number1200 or 1600.. concentrate on doing a good presentation wen urs comes up, & leave d rest to God to complete what He started.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
Patiladwonder: YOUWIN 3 MOCK PANEL INTERVIEW REPORT AND GUIDE IS HERE!

My Dear Millionaire Friend,

It gladdens my heart for a huge turnout of my millionaire friends that came to the
mock youwin panel interview on Sat 2nd August 2014, at Osun state, Nigeria.

I met a lot of people for the very first time. It was exciting as people were taught how
to defend their 10 million naira through their business plan.

NOTE: If you don’t defend your business plan very well at the interview stage,
you might not be thrown out of the competition but I guarantee you that your 10 million naira will be reduced.

At the mock panel interview, we also received the new template that will be
used to interview you. We also did justice to that.

NOTE: The content you put in the template must be the one you can talk about and defend.

Click here to read the more:

http://dayoadetiloye.com/youwin-3-mock-panel-interview-report-guide/

Scope.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 6:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hello every1. Does d CAC registratn take long like dis? I paid last week Wednesday for biz registratn and I was there yesterday only to be told dey wud call me when it is ready. This is despite d fact dat I told dem I'm a YaouWiN! applicant. D man in charge even wrote 'YouWiN Applicant' on my form. Hope say no b only me waka come o?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
Denn:

Scope.

don't mind him. youwin Secretariat go soon catch him. they no dey ever hear word.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
Mine is on 30th at bercelona fct
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
I am happy to see that my humble suggestion on watching Dragon's Den and focusing on the questions asked by the Dragons and not the drama, has been accepted as something that will be of help to many attending the interview. I have has the opportunity of being interviewed by the EDC panel sometime in the past and I can tell you that the default mindset of the panelists is that of telling you your business will not work and is not worthy of such money.

It is therefore your job to convince them that the business you will present for the award is:
a) Viable
b) Capable of employing Nigerians on a sustainable level.

You must know your financials. Do not pad figures, do not be too optimistic or pessimistic. So take time to pin point the key points of your business, learn how to present and be confident.

4 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 10:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
stagger: I am happy to see that my humble suggestion on watching Dragon's Den and focusing on the questions asked by the Dragons and not the drama, has been accepted as something that will be of help to many attending the interview. I have has the opportunity of being interviewed by the EDC panel sometime in the past and I can tell you that the default mindset of the panelists is that of telling you your business will not work and is not worthy of such money.

It is therefore your job to convince them that the business you will present for the award is:
a) Viable
b) Capable of employing Nigerians on a sustainable level.

You must know your financials. Do not pad figures, do not be too optimistic or pessimistic. So take time to pin point the key points of your business, learn how to present and be confident.
tnx
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 6:41am On Aug 09, 2014
Denn:
Scope.

Thanks jare. I know d guy isn't better any of us here.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 6:55am On Aug 09, 2014
Omaobe: Hello every1. Does d CAC registratn take long like dis? I paid last week Wednesday for biz registratn and I was there yesterday only to be told dey wud call me when it is ready. This is despite d fact dat I told dem I'm a YaouWiN! applicant. D man in charge even wrote 'YouWiN Applicant' on my form. Hope say no b only me waka come o?

Pls, can someone share his experience on this CAC thing with me?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 7:40am On Aug 09, 2014
CAC reg is very simple and straight forward process depending on the state and d type of people u mate there..!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 9:56am On Aug 09, 2014
why are we not discussing the template?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2014
CoolKizzy: why are we not discussing the template?

Cos no one has started discussion on the template.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 11:44am On Aug 09, 2014
neksummi:

Cos no one has started discussion on the template.

OK I am starting it now, though the questions are what we already know, it is advisable to use words you know the exact meaning and can defend. be specific.

then who has done the break even Part? notice that it was after the (100) that we are asked to give the summary, should it be part of the 100 words?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 12:52pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hi. I think the summary of the break even will be in figures and very brief as we did on the. Cash flow.. Its not part of the 100 words..(my thinking)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.