Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Domain Name Business - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Domain Name Business (84594 Views)

*must Read* All You Need To Know About Domain Name Business / Have You Ever Tried Domain Name Selling Online Without Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2013
in domaining, you dont need too much time to understand the system. i guess thats how federer started. he started 2008 or there about. right from time he didnt start tinking of investing .99$, he read and read and voila, within few weeks he was already raking in sales. that guy would have made millions from domaining. although the country he come from help am sha
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2013
Shawnmayor: that's why you should never underestimate the power of researching. if you research a domain, where its own by somebody or its unregistered, you grab it. thats why 2sexy made those sales. im not condemning hand-regs oo. only be say they can never be compared to aged ones

i may not be type that wants to sell domain everyday. but i surely wants to be the type that makes it big just selling a/few domain(s). im re-investing sharp sharp. this industry is so sweet. you dont need to be full time to make a year's salary. can you beat that??
haha i swear u talk true. if person just make like $10k lol e don do me (dreams)
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2013
mikelreal: thanks, but what I wantu know is what re thier charges like,i.e let say i wantu reg Bleep.com domain. hw much will I pay?? dem tu get coupons?
godaddy is the best in coupons oo. its not even advisable for you to buy a domain at a market places. you dont see people buying from sedo or afternic, rather thats where they sell. namecheap is even beta than so called sedo.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 08, 2013
mikelreal: haha i swear u talk true. if person just make like $10k lol e don do me (dreams)
na im ooo! thats why we must work hard. e no easy oo but i know sey e no fit take your full day
Re: Domain Name Business by 2sexyus: 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ah... This escaped me.

Sedo is not a registrar. They are just a market where you sell your domains and you pay them commission for using their platform.

For instance, they are like the biggest market in Abuja where you reside. You don't pay money for the shop or stand where you showcase your wears/ goods. You only pay commission from goods you sold/sell.

Registrars are namecheap, godaddy, 007names, nameboy, crazydomains etc.

Domain Market place are : Sedo, Afternic, Moniker, Domainlore, GreatDomains, etc
mikelreal: thanks, but what I wantu know is what re thier charges like,i.e let say i wantu reg Bleep.com domain. hw much will I pay?? dem tu get coupons?

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by 2sexyus: 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2013
Not just country, professionally crafted emails...

Shawnmayor: in domaining, you dont need too much time to understand the system. i guess thats how federer started. he started 2008 or there about. right from time he didnt start tinking of investing .99$, he read and read and voila, within few weeks he was already raking in sales. that guy would have made millions from domaining. although the country he come from help am sha
Re: Domain Name Business by 2sexyus: 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2013
Amen... smiley

I am still waiting for my own. No reply yet and it just be anytime.

I will renew the domain next month. It has had interest 3 times...

Can I go now?
mikelreal: haha i swear u talk true. if person just make like $10k lol e don do me (dreams)
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2013
2sexy.us:
Ah... This escaped me.

Sedo is not a registrar. They are just a market where you sell your domains and you pay them commission for using their platform.

For instance, they are like the biggest market in Abuja where you reside. You don't pay money for the shop or stand where you showcase your wears/ goods. You only pay commission from goods you sold/sell.

Registrars are namecheap, godaddy, 007names, nameboy, crazydomains etc.

Domain Market place are : Sedo, Afternic, Moniker, Domainlore, GreatDomains, etc
GBam!! kai 2sexy if no be say all my sisters don marry, i for dash u 1..mehn thanx!

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2013
2sexy.us:
Amen... smiley

I am still waiting for my own. No reply yet and it just be anytime.

I will renew the domain next month. It has had interest 3 times...

Can I go now?
no oo wait. pls who is federer? how can i just read him up n where?
Re: Domain Name Business by 2sexyus: 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2013
Lol... Thanks. But you don seem my chic pic before na.

Can I go now?
mikelreal: GBam!! kai 2sexy if no be say all my sisters don marry, i for dash u 1..mehn thanx!
Re: Domain Name Business by 2sexyus: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2013
Go to namepros.com

click on domain name discussion

click on 'report completed domain sale' and scroll down to where Federer reports his recent sales.

Then, click through his handle like we do here on nairaland.

When on his profile, click on Statistics and then click on 'post by Federer'

it's that simple.
mikelreal: GBam!! kai 2sexy if no be say all my sisters don marry, i for dash u 1..mehn thanx!

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2013
ok. THAnK YOU
Re: Domain Name Business by 2sexyus: 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2013
Okay BYE!

Shawnmayor, make u buzz me when you come on facebook.

Have a nice time friends.

#unfollow.
mikelreal: ok. THAnK YOU
Re: Domain Name Business by samee72(f): 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2013
i'm not sure i know how to do that, i think all i need to do is change the name servers on godaddy to that of the sedo or bodis, right?

Shawnmayor: if you want to park for a while, then you can use bodis but from what i heard they dont pay much at all. you can move your domain to sedo at anytime. Sedo is the biggest marketplace for domains. BTW, do you know how change your Domain name Servers

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by 2sexyus: 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2013
Yes...
samee72: i'm not sure i know how to do that, i think all i need to do is change the name servers on godaddy to that of the sedo or bodis, right?

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 08, 2013
2sexy.us:
Okay BYE!

Shawnmayor, make u buzz me when you come on facebook.

Have a nice time friends.

#unfollow.
you n dz ur yanga, which one is #unfollow now

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by bomking4x: 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2013

Nobody seems to understand this guy grin grin grin

You can't register a domain on sedo,you can only sell or park your domain. The 10% you are hearing is sedo's commission for selling your domain WHILE you can register your domain and also sell it via auction at Godaddy.
Re: Domain Name Business by samee72(f): 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2013
abeg you guys are confusing me shawnmayor do you mean that even when a domain is available it could be expiring soon? i registered 3 domains recently not dropped or aged domains just did my own small research and use my head, i didn't check anywhere if they are expiring soon o, pls how do i do that? Also where do i go to change my whois address?

Shawnmayor: dont forget youre not the first person to see this domain unregistered. it was not registered for a purpose. i advise you not to register for registering sake. it will expire and drop or else you have long time investment in the domain. from what i can see, you just cherry picked these names and check their whois info. you can prove me wrong by quoting where and how the domains came to be. dont forget .mobi extensions have failed in the industry. even a premium .mobi hardly sells past $400. be careful please
Re: Domain Name Business by samee72(f): 4:02pm On Aug 08, 2013
thanks 2sexy

2sexy.us:
Yes...
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2013
bomking4x:

Nobody seems to understand this guy grin grin grin

You can't register a domain on sedo,you can only sell or park your domain. The 10% you are hearing is sedo's commission for selling your domain WHILE you can register your domain and also sell it via auction at Godaddy.
lol prof, 2sexy just said dat already, or re u short sighted? grin grin
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2013
@bomkin ve gotten my paypal oo,
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2013
samee72: abeg you guys are confusing me shawnmayor do you mean that even when a domain is available it could be expiring soon? i registered 3 domains recently not dropped or aged domains just did my own small research and use my head, i didn't check anywhere if they are expiring soon o, pls how do i do that? Also where do i go to change my whois address?

looool ur new domains will expire next year na, lwkm
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
yes b4 I forget, dont think of changing ur whois address if not ur domain will be locked for 60 days oo. and once its locked its stuck with godaddy.
Re: Domain Name Business by bomking4x: 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2013
mikelreal: @bomkin ve gotten my paypal oo,

grin grin grin When? have u tried it
Re: Domain Name Business by bomking4x: 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2013
2sexy.us:
Yes...

3 domains I parked at bodis earned 46cents within 2days,is that an improvement?

meanwhile,I listed 3 of them at namepros auction and 1 guy don already bid $3 each

please help me go bid $4,I want to leave it for a while at bodis.

Don't fear about namepros because i have plans cheesy

Mature07 is the handle while the Thread name is "3 Great domains"

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
^^ guys are not smiling angry angry

make i help your ministry
Re: Domain Name Business by bomking4x: 5:22pm On Aug 08, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^ grin grin grin grin^^^^^^^^

AM SMILLING ABI U NO SEE MY TEETH grin
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2013
samee72: abeg you guys are confusing me shawnmayor do you mean that even when a domain is available it could be expiring soon? i registered 3 domains recently not dropped or aged domains just did my own small research and use my head, i didn't check anywhere if they are expiring soon o, pls how do i do that? Also where do i go to change my whois address?

You are free to register any domain you want but as a marketer you have to put in value of the domain into your research.

If your research makes you feel that the domain is valuable, wait a little while and try marketing.

Some domainers like going for aged domains because the domains being aged have some marketing value.

Yet it is okay choosing your own path but test the market before continuing. Your brainstormed domains are fresh and will expire in one year, depending on how long you paid. .
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2013
bomking4x: ^^^^^^^^^^ grin grin grin grin^^^^^^^^

AM SMILLING ABI U NO SEE MY TEETH grin
oya i don put $4. your teeth no showw ooo cool
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:29pm On Aug 08, 2013
Anyone knows if 123-reg pays well for parking with them? Ie compared to sedo, godaddy and bodis.
Re: Domain Name Business by bomking4x: 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2013
Shawnmayor: oya i don put $4. your teeth no showw ooo cool

THANKS BUT YOU FOR SELECT VIKLINE NA shocked OR ARE U A LEARNER cheesy

2SEXY COME USE 2009 HANDLE BID ABEG
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2013
bomking4x:

THANKS BUT YOU FOR SELECT VIKLINE NA shocked OR ARE U A LEARNER cheesy

2SEXY COME USE 2009 HANDLE BID ABEG

When will Naija learn to carry last.

First strategy on this thread - Blackmailing.

Second Strategy - Forum price hiking.

LOL. I believe you guys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (106) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Takes $500,000 Cash To Deposit In A Bank, Causes Stirs / Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum / Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.