Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Domain Name Business - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Domain Name Business (84598 Views)

*must Read* All You Need To Know About Domain Name Business / Have You Ever Tried Domain Name Selling Online Without Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 10:36am On Aug 10, 2013
Jamji:

i will create thread for just me and you and any other expert to help me

What is the story Jamji?
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 10, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

What is the story Jamji?
lol @thread for me and yu
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 10:53am On Aug 10, 2013
mikelreal: lol @thread for me and yu

grin
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 10, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 11:51am On Aug 10, 2013
mikelreal: lol @thread for me and yu
why you dey "lucifer our lord"
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 11:51am On Aug 10, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

What is the story Jamji?

many questions but worthwhile or let me just ask them here, but abeg give me attention oh
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 11:54am On Aug 10, 2013
Jamji:

many questions but worthwhile or let me just ask them here, but abeg give me attention oh

Go ahead with your question. But you should also understand that everyone here all busy with their domain business. Only those who are less busy will be able to respond to any question.

Go ahead with your question.. wink
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 12:03pm On Aug 10, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Go ahead with your question. But you should also understand that everyone here all busy with their domain business. Only those who are less busy will be able to respond to any question.

Go ahead with your question.. wink
ok Boss

1.you mentioned in the other thread the it doesnt matter on backordered domains or new ones what matters is the uniqueness, now how do i know if it is unique and sellable? for example in my domain search i stumbled on locat.net. is that unique?

2.i have a couple of domains i found, how can i show it to you privately so we can access which one is worth it?

3. is it ok to follow a domain name trend? for example the namecheap domain. i have a couple of domains following the 'name' trend. whats the wisdom in that?

4. whats is the difference if i find a domain thats free and i backorder it AND i take it and register it anew?

let stop here first. awaiting your response boss
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2013
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 1:51pm On Aug 10, 2013
mikelreal: Just read dz on cameron's blog, good read

http://bizham.com/some-mistakes-domainers-make-when-they-are-now-in-domain-business/

Very interesting.

Thats why i always laugh whenever i come here. Some people don't know what am up to, if i say i'm heading to 50 domains or 100 domains, they don't even know whether i'm just pulling their legs to know more about such a step. They just went ahead and register 20 domains, 30 domains.

Principal in life cannot work with somebody or anybody's clock. All na packaging.

It is well.
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 1:55pm On Aug 10, 2013
Jamji:
ok Boss

1.you mentioned in the other thread the it doesnt matter on backordered domains or new ones what matters is the uniqueness, now how do i know if it is unique and sellable? for example in my domain search i stumbled on locat.net. is that unique?

2.i have a couple of domains i found, how can i show it to you privately so we can access which one is worth it?

3. is it ok to follow a domain name trend? for example the namecheap domain. i have a couple of domains following the 'name' trend. whats the wisdom in that?

4. whats is the difference if i find a domain thats free and i backorder it AND i take it and register it anew?

Your answer is here http://bizham.com/some-mistakes-domainers-make-when-they-are-now-in-domain-business/
Re: Domain Name Business by Zika130(f): 2:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
[quote author=2s£xy]If you nor see buyer, just park am at Voodoo.com or Bodis.com or Rookmedia.net... Make e dey gather some cents there. At least before 1 year end, u go don recoup ya dollars.

Nor b so?

Good day ogas at the top in the house. I have been following this thread from the first one created & this one now, I want to say thanks to all the ogas for all ur contribution to we the newbie. May God continue to bless & give u people great ideas to thrive in this biz. I want ask how does one get fund from a parked domain & is it from a newly registeres domain or mini site hosted domain.
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 3:51pm On Aug 10, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Your answer is here http://bizham.com/some-mistakes-domainers-make-when-they-are-now-in-domain-business/

You fall my hand, maybe you dont have answers for me. why do you want me to waste my time? you think i dont know all that? angry
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 10, 2013
Jamji:
ok Boss

(((locat.net doesnt mean anytn does it?? Can anyone search locat in d internet? Can u urself buy locat.net?)))

(((dont just follow the trend, except u ve sometn tangible n reasonable, b4 u buy a domain, try googlin the domain n analyze d results, LEARN TU BE CREATIVE)))
(((U cant backorder for free, backorderin is like biddin, so ua payin for it, n u will renew it)))
answers re in quote
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 10, 2013
Jamji:

You fall my hand, maybe you dont have answers for me. why do you want me to waste my time? you think i dont know all that? angry
if u knew all dat then u shudnt be askn wat ua askin bro
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2013
Jamji:
ok Boss

unique domains should be the dictionary ones or premium ones which are all but gone. but brandable domains could also be termed to be unique. eg flooq.com, qlichy.com but i recommend you do a google search b4 you register anything

Jamji: 2.i have a couple of domains i found, how can i show it to you privately so we can access which one is worth it?
yes, we could access it and try to appraise. but the worth of a domain is decided by the buyer. A reseller could buy $100 what an enduser will pay thousands for

Jamji: 3. is it ok to follow a domain name trend? for example the namecheap domain. i have a couple of domains following the 'name' trend. whats the wisdom in that?
depends on the trend you talking about. ask yourself, is it really a current trend? those that bought the domain trend b4, have they sold it? is the trend for quick flip or long term purposes? so many questions you ask yourself

Jamji: 4. whats is the difference if i find a domain thats free and i backorder it AND i take it and register it anew?

you cannot backorder a domain that is unregistered. you can backorder domains that have expired but are yet to be released to the public for new registeration. i suggest you read about backordering.

just my2cents
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 4:42pm On Aug 10, 2013
@mikelreal

(((locat.net doesnt mean anytn does it?? Can anyone search locat in d internet? Can u urself buy locat.net?)))

well in the blog you referred me to, the guy talked about brandable easy to pronounce and memorable domain names abi? you know there are many crazy 4 or 5 letter domain words that wont even make sense to you, much worse than locat.net, abi? it was also dot.com that inspired me a bit, you can see his kixracom doesnt make any sense

(((dont just follow the trend, except u ve sometn tangible n reasonable, b4 u buy a domain, try googlin the domain n analyze d results, LEARN TU BE CREATIVE)))

ok.why i asked is that on dnsale, i saw alot of 'name' domains selling well, and many of the variations are scarce. was thinking of something for domain/hosting companies.

(((U cant backorder for free, backorderin is like biddin, so ua payin for it, n u will renew it)))

i know that quite right, coz i opened pheenix and still trying to understand it. what i'm tryin to know is before backordering, the domain expires, and it shows available on namecheap or godaddy. so what if i reg the expired domain on namecheap, thats not backordering? is backordering done by a special service like pheenix? also which is better, take the expired domain and reg it afresh on namecheap or use the backorder service by sites like pheenix? and what does backordering preserve in an expired domain name/
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 4:51pm On Aug 10, 2013
Jamji:

Nawa for you sef... I only mean that link might be useful to you as it contained most of the question you asked. Sorry if you upset O!
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 4:53pm On Aug 10, 2013
Shawnmayor: unique domains should be the dictionary ones or premium ones which are all but gone. but brandable domains could also be termed to be unique. eg flooq.com, qlichy.com but i recommend you do a google search b4 you register anything
thanks.brandbucket.com comes to mind.i got many ideas from there but is it risky to go branding? is it long or short term biz?

Shawnmayor: yes, we could access it and try to appraise. but the worth of a domain is decided by the buyer. A reseller could buy $100 what an enduser will pay thousands for

lets connect on fb. please drop ur handle. i stayed all through the night working on the domains, please i want to try as much as register 50% of them after we are done.

Shawnmayor:

depends on the trend you talking about. ask yourself, is it really a current trend? those that bought the domain trend b4, have they sold it? is the trend for quick flip or long term purposes? so many questions you ask yourself

my mind is short term and home run.

Shawnmayor:

you cannot backorder a domain that is unregistered. you can backorder domains that have expired but are yet to be released to the public for new registeration. i suggest you read about backordering.

just my2cents

thanks.i understand it better now.
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Nawa for you sef... I only mean that link might be useful to you as it contained most of the question you asked. Sorry if you upset O!

no vex, i'm sorry, just that its the same stuff i've been reading years ago.i needed technical details and indepth guide.

in btw,i got a realty domain. it contains adjective + realty, so when i googled it exact, i got more than 100k searches and they are all practicing realtors and no one has the domain name yet. what do you think? i buy the domain, then approach these guys to sell it as it would look better branding on them?
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2013
Jamji:

no vex, i'm sorry, just that its the same stuff i've been reading years ago.i needed technical details and indepth guide.

in btw,i got a realty domain. it contains adjective + realty, so when i googled it exact, i got more than 100k searches and they are all practicing realtors and no one has the domain name yet. what do you think? i buy the domain, then approach these guys to sell it as it would look better branding on them?

I think its ok..
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 5:20pm On Aug 10, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

I think its ok..

ok, just like that? anyone has discerning views because this will be my first foray into this biz. is it wise?
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
Jamji:
thanks.brandbucket.com comes to mind.i got many ideas from there but is it risky to go branding? is it long or short term biz?
thats why many domainers dont do brandables. coz you might never know when it would sell. i think dot com regd a brandable and barely 2 weeks he had started receiving offers. you might have a good brandable which might neva be spotted by a potential buyer. yes brandbucket gives u the showcasing, but can you pay for it. you must a certain amount to put your name on brandbucket

Jamji:
lets connect on fb. please drop ur handle. i stayed all through the night working on the domains, please i want to try as much as register 50% of them after we are done.
send me a pm and i will send you my fb link

Jamji: my mind is short term and home run.
then i suggest you target small business in cities and states or you go for aged generic domains that can easily be flipped. go to namepros, search for where domainers report their sales. that will give you a hint on which domains are selling
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 5:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
Shawnmayor: thats why many domainers dont do brandables. coz you might never know when it would sell. i think dot com regd a brandable and barely 2 weeks he had started receiving offers. you might have a good brandable which might neva be spotted by a potential buyer. yes brandbucket gives u the showcasing, but can you pay for it. you must a certain amount to put your name on brandbucket

send me a pm and i will send you my fb link

then i suggest you target small business in cities and states or you go for aged generic domains that can easily be flipped. go to namepros, search for where domainers report their sales. that will give you a hint on which domains are selling

thanks.i understand it better now.

Replied
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Replied
hope you nor wan do like jide oh. in btw how far you kixra?
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
^^^^^ double reply
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 5:33pm On Aug 10, 2013
sent you pm shawn.
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2013
i just got 5 letter brandable, this one looks promising men! who can help reg. it? no hijacking!
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 5:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
Shawnmayor: ^^^^^ double reply

triple reply
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 5:47pm On Aug 10, 2013
Jamji:
hope you nor wan do like jide oh. in btw how far you kixra?

God forbid. As i wish for myself so for others.
As as i wish for others, so shall it be for me too.
kixra.com currently receiving bids on sedo. And on some forum...
Kixra.com is just a brandable name, nothing special.
Some crazy brandable makes big doe though.. its a choice, but am cool with kixra.com

Thank you
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 5:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
If anyone want to register any good domain and also want me to sell for him..
(1) Get ready your money and must cover the cost of the domains you wish to register.
(2) Make sure the domain u want me to sell for you will 100% likely to sell/receive bids
(3) You must have a paypay and the amount in your paypal.
(4) If you're using coupon code, make sure the coupon is valid. if not, make sure the amount you will send to my paypal for the domain registration is the exactly required amount of the domain registration.
(5) I will then give you my paypal to pay the registration fee so i can help you register it and list it for sale or parking, which ever way you want.
(6) Pray that you should be a goodluck to me by doing this for you grin
Just send me PM anytime.
Goodluck.
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
Dot.com,u dey talk to me codedly.i have small money in paypal, lets do it. How about reg. 3 domain at a go?d brand one is likely to be a social media hit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (106) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Takes $500,000 Cash To Deposit In A Bank, Causes Stirs / Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum / Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.