Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,239 members, 7,836,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation (33582 Views)

Desmond Elliot & Lagos House Of Assembly Members At US Conference (Photos) / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly / Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by Joyfullyme: 11:40am On Aug 07, 2013
When i go to the west i do like the westerners, Not to be a westerner but to be a better Nigerian.
Can they also legislate that we should bleach our skin and make it compulsory that we speak with an ascent also.
Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by stildude(m): 11:43am On Aug 07, 2013
ekwah:

smh sad... another senseless post.

1) Most business-like? Are you kidding me? Where did you get your stats from?
2) What has child marriage got to do with the argument on this thread. So the use of suits and foreign wears indicates an acceptance of a "modern" and productive mentality to you? And people who wear well-designed trads are now unproductive and archaic?
3) "yet his mode of dressing is not good enough for "us" ", need I say more? You are suffering from acute personality disorder. What about your own mode of dressing Mr, what exactly is wrong with it? Oh I see, na black man make am, datz why shey?
4) Change our mentality to what? That of a slave who denies his own and clings unto that which isn't his, right?

Mr man go and check your mental state.... your points here make no sense at all. If you don't know what to say just watch from the sidelines.

This is the kind of mentality I am refering to- Leaving the message to attack the messenger. Even the way you respond to other people's opinion shows your low menatal state. Apart from politicians and bokoharamites, the native attire thing in business setting is fast eroding. People like you are the ones who oppose change and are swept off by it as you become irrelevant.
Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by porka: 11:54am On Aug 07, 2013
NaijaNaWaa: Those local ethnic and religious garbs must be banished for public officials in their official public appearances. Whoever loves them should only adorn them in private.

And why?
Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by Olaposij(m): 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nice thread. how much is fashola paying his workers that he wants them to wear suits? Una go dey see all manner of suits and coats for lagos from now...
After deducting all their money as tax he still wants them to buy suits.... o ga oo

1 Like

Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by akano1: 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
honestly this guys brain need to be formated and instal a new brian software that will make them think properly imagin how can a yoruba man says amala is not good and stated eating china food or hausa man says he will no longer eat tuwo again that he prefer indomie or igbo man left akpu and went for ice cream we are not use to all this, is not our culture food this people sees our culture as archaic we need to replace their brain or they pay people that have normal brain of reasoning to reason for them.

2 Likes

Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by babslamin: 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2013
Rossikk: What a lousy, illiterate write-up by a colonised mental slave with no sense of dignity, self-worth, or independence.

The audacity this pig has to equate African attire with 'uncivilization' and western attire with 'civilization' alone is enough to confine him to a mental hospital for the severely reta.rded. Worse is his smug assurance that he can actually equate his self-hatred to some sort of 'enlightenment', positing that our traditional attire were created ''hundreds of years ago''. Well the western suit WAS invented 'hundreds of years ago' too, and, like African wear, has only been modified as the years progressed. Why can't this goat advocate a more 'work-friendly' transitional process for African wear if that's his thing, if not for his colonised self hatred? Just as this goat is happy to import his language, his religion, his eating habits, his car, he also wants to jettison his indigenous wear for imported clothes alone. How long before pigs like this begin to advocate for mass skin bleaching of all Africans to ensure we ''meet up'' with the light skinned colour of ''civilization''? It seems all we've got left to remind us of who we are is the skin colour. Don't bet against self-hating orang outangs and swine like this writer campaigning to shed that too.

Finally, the writer's claim that ''The wearing of cap is not indigenous to any ethnic group in Nigeria'' shows his GROSS HISTORICAL ILLITERACY, and that he is an absolute DUNCE where it concerns Nigerian/African history. A walking white dunce in black skin. An embarrassment to every living African, and a caricature representation of the bamboozled slave steeped in ignorance and self-loathing. The sooner his loathsome ilk die away from our independent society the better for us all.

Ife noble wearing a cap, 12th century

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/306903_Benin_Art_2_jpgf1b2119836e93a9b113b5cd337a41008[/img]
Ancient Benin, 14th century

Igbo Ukwu Chief wearing cap, dated 12th century. This man is from the writer's own ethnic region/group.
I am a Proud African, I hate wearing that tie I swear, even to wear complete suit gives me pain at work... I respect leaders wearing their cultural heritage clothing.

1 Like

Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by Mustay(m): 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2013
stildude: Apart from politicians and bokoharamites, the native attire thing in business setting is fast eroding.
This is so untrue shocked

1 Like

Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by maxw726gmailc: 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
interesting

Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
But why do we all choose to type our opinions in ENGLISH? This isn't about neglecting our cultural values (even the so called white men are wearing ankara these days) but about our dressing to formal/cooperate functions...
Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by olivertwist: 11:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
I don't think I've seen the picture of GEJ & OBJ in suit before? I understand that OBJ is covering is big belle with the Agbada thing but what about GEJ? I mean he's a Phd holder for crying out loud. Even if it's once in a while. The cowboy hat sometimes makes people not to take him serious. I believe he won't be wearing his cowboy hat everyday if he's in the military or works in a bank or a medical doctor. For me, wearing suit to office is more professional and formal than wearing Agbada etc
Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by Mustay(m): 12:05am On Aug 08, 2013
What about UMYA ^^^ Nigerian presidents tend not to wear suits.
Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by Horus(m): 1:08am On Aug 08, 2013

Tadodaho Sid Hill, Chief of the Onondaga Nation,
at the opening of the UN Permanent Forum

At the White House

Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by agbameta: 1:18am On Aug 08, 2013
Do they wear all that carnival costumes to regular 9/5 offices?

What's next? Wear masquerade costume to work because you are in love with your culture? Please stop with the senseless and illogical argument.

1 Like

Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by Bobandgreat: 5:41am On Aug 08, 2013
Dress code could be a problem for some cultures in the SW but a non issue for others as others have learnt to dress officially during official businesses and culturally during cultural businesses. It comes naturally, u don't need to give dress codes to grown ups like secondary school children.
Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by LordReed(m): 9:34am On Aug 08, 2013
Incoherent rubbish! A Nigerian house of assembly should not wear Nigerian attire? The writer must have been smoking grass.

1 Like

Re: Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2013
plaindealer:

So according to your admission, people wear shirts and pants all the time, so what's now the big deal wearing it to work everyday? Are you hired to work and make a living or to promote and worry about your culture? Get your priorities starlight.

This is not about what's special and not special, this is about your employer crating a uniform and balanced professional look in a professional environment across the state civil service.

You employer can mandate your dress code and they have dress codes at my job too like millions of jobs all over. If your culture and wearing babariga everyday is your primary concern and not your daily bread and your employer, sue your employer or go look for another job wear they allow people like you to wear your culture to work and all over your face.. it's your choice..

Your employer as your boss and the source of your daily bread has every power and authority to dictate to you what's allowed and not allowed regarding what you wear to work.

You are culturally insecure and paranoid because you think wearing shirts and pants to work for 8 little hours a day takes away your culture which I find very silly and childish.

You go to job interviews wearing suits and ties for one simple reason which is the fact that such clothing is the preferred attire and professional look so why all of a sudden you are against the same look simply because they want you to look exactly the way you looked when you interview for the job?

Again, your place of work is a place of work, not your cultural center or where you get paid to worry about your culture.

You are not only culturally paranoid and insecure, you are a freeking hypocrite too...

One word for this... THRASH grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya / Why I Approved Redesign Of Naira Notes - President Buhari / Armed Bandits Inspect An Abandoned Military Hardware (video/pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.