Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,273 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5977547 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralJ(m): 12:32am On Sep 26, 2013
i'm starting to think the Tavor is becoming over used in the Nigerian Military, i don't know why, maybe its because i've been seeing too many pictures of it,
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 4:55am On Sep 26, 2013
GeneralJ: i'm starting to think the Tavor is becoming over used in the Nigerian Military, i don't know why, maybe its because i've been seeing too many pictures of it,

What is wrong with that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralJ(m): 5:40am On Sep 26, 2013
andrewza:

What is wrong with that.

I don't know, its notliek theres anything wrong with it i just feel like the Special forces need some diversity you know, not just 5.56, they need some 7.62, not just bullpup, they also need rifles and carbines you know. They need to start developing skills with 9mm like the mp5, for urban warfare. just my 1 cent
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 5:52am On Sep 26, 2013
GeneralJ:

I don't know, its notliek theres anything wrong with it i just feel like the Special forces need some diversity you know, not just 5.56, they need some 7.62, not just bullpup, they also need rifles and carbines you know. They need to start developing skills with 9mm like the mp5, for urban warfare. just my 1 cent

Most of the photos of the tavor are photo ops. Aka it is just for the camra. Photos of Nigrian SF in acstion has them with AKs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 11:20am On Sep 26, 2013
GeneralJ:

What special forces personnel use depends on the operational environment.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
GeneralJ: i'm starting to think the Tavor is becoming over used in the Nigerian Military, i don't know why, maybe its because i've been seeing too many pictures of it,

It is widely used. It is not over used. The problem is the photos I post, I make sure that the officers and men in them have a different rifle which is not the AK-47. More often than not, the only different rifle is the tavor-21.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
GeneralJ:

I know the navy also use the baretta CX4 carbine.
The SSS use, the FN F2000
FN P90
UZI PRO( PDW)
MK.48

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
andrewza:

Most of the photos of the tavor are photo ops. Aka it is just for the camra. Photos of Nigrian SF in acstion has them with AKs

Most of the photos are photo ops. The only official photos from the navy are those from exercise obangame.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
rka1:

What special forces personnel use depends on the operational environment.

This is correct. the last navy SBS photos I posted are from guys currently in the field.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nns thunder in sydney. Poor image

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
Henry120:

This is correct. the last navy SBS photos I posted are from guys currently in the field.

And what good photos they were.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
rka1:

And what good photos they were.

Agreed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by hunter21(m): 12:00am On Sep 27, 2013
Henry120: Nigeria
What i don't understand is if the sbs actually wears this blue camouflage pattern on operation. I have seen pictures of them wearing it in mali and borno. Does this camouflage pattern do well to hide the sbs operatives in those enviroments?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 1:33am On Sep 27, 2013
hunter2,1:

What i don't understand is if the sbs actually wears this blue camouflage pattern on operation. I have seen pictures of them wearing it in mali and borno. Does this camouflage pattern do well to hide the sbs operatives in those enviroments?

The NN suffers from america is awsaomness. The USN wears blue camo so they want to(though you desighn is chines). They should be wearing the apropert army camo.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:46am On Sep 27, 2013
Photo 1, Nigerian Airforce QRF conduct an exercise simulating a terror attack in the nation's airports.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:15am On Sep 27, 2013
hunter2,1:

The navy wasn't deployed to mali. Only airforce QRF and army troops were deployed. The nigerian navy SBS in my opinion is second only to the US navy in terms of the number of camouflage uniform. The different camouflage pattern they deploy is chosen depending on the environment the guys are operating in. the camouflage pattern in the photo you quoted would blend well in a mangrove/ rain forest environment, and also on a ship. They also got the all black camouflage. They also have the brown camouflage for desert regions etc etc
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GHKWAME(m): 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2013
andrewza:

I never said nigeria did not use mraps. You guys are building SA MRAPs locally. And I was not only taling about nigeria but the AU missions. SA sold a lot of MRAPs to the AU for certain missions. Not all the gear used by your solders or other african countries is thers. It belongs to the AU or UN.

Hi guys, I have been a silent Ghanaian observer of this thread and I was hoping to see some Ghanaian pix's but I guess I would have to upload them myself.
Anyways, @B0lded, The United Nations since 2000 operates
what is termed the Wet Lease System as against the old Dry Lease System.
Under the new system, troop
contributing countries like Ghana sign a memorandum of understanding to
supply a number of troops as well as
logistics and equipment for the stated
period of operations.
Under the terms of the MOU, serving
troops are paid a daily stipend or
allowance which is currently about
USD32. Additionally, countries get
monthly reimbursement for all
equipment and logistics and what is
more take back all their equipment at
the end of the operation.
A few examples will suffice here.
Vehicles, helicopters, hospital
equipment such as dental chairs and
ambulances, washing machines,
computers and all other equipment
covered under the MOU, get monthly
reimbursement. Under the previous wet lease system the UN only paid allowances to troops and
supplied all logistics and equipment.
Such is the business side of modern
peacekeeping that many countries reap
millions of dollars every year from their
participation. The records will show that some third world countries are making over USD 300 million annually from peacekeeping.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GHKWAME(m): 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
dBard: Really enjoying this thread..
Keep it up guys..kudos

still awaiting d ghanian pics

Ghana Army Special Forces.
The primary Weapon of the Ghana Armed f0rces is an M4 Carbine......

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 27, 2013
GH KWAME:

Ghana Army Special Forces.
The primary Weapon of the Ghana Armed f0rces is an M4 Carbine......

I'm sorry dude. I did not skip ghanaian photos on purpose. The problem is, ghanaian military photos are not readily available on the net. Most of the photos I post are of those militaries that can be found with ease.

South africa
Nigeria
Amisom (uganda, burundi and kenya)
Unfortunately some from the kenyan mall siege.

If you got photos of the ghanaian military or police, please do well to post them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GHKWAME(m): 3:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ghana Air F0rce Special Forces.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GHKWAME(m): 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2013
Henry120:

I'm sorry dude. I did not skip ghanaian photos on purpose. The problem is, ghanaian military photos are not readily available on the net. Most of the photos I post are of those militaries that can be found with ease.

South africa
Nigeria
Amisom (uganda, burundi and kenya)
Unfortunately some from the kenyan mall siege.

If you got photos of the ghanaian military or police, please do well to post them.

G00d to know Bro. I hope this Thread does not become a country bashing Thread. I used to like Beegeagle's Blog until that site became anti-Ghana site.
I will do well to upload more pictures.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
GH KWAME:

G00d to know Bro. I hope this Thread does not become a country bashing Thread. I used to like Beegeagle's Blog until that site became anti-Ghana site.

@ Kwame nice pics! What we need in west africa is co-orperation not rivalry. We should co-orperate to have stronger militaries. The war Nigeria is waging against boko haram is a point in case. The weakness and nonchalance of our neighbours is making the war tedious for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GHKWAME(m): 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ghana Navy Special F0rces........

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
GH KWAME:

It's not going to become a country bashing thread. The soul purpose I started this thread is the show the militaries of sub-saharan africa in a positive light, and also have fun . Many africans have been brainwashed by the media in the west, what they see on CNN, BBC, fox and the likes have shaped the thinking of most africans, and many ignorant nigerians in a shamefully negative manner. With nairaland boasting over a million members and visitors, my hope is that, this thread no matter how small it is, can begin to change the mindset of the africans who visit it, one ignorant head at a time.

So please post the images you have of the ghanaian military here. Let us celebrate sub-saharan africa.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GHKWAME(m): 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
Fynline:

@ Kwame nice pics! What we need in west africa is co-orperation not rivalry. We should co-orperate to have stronger militaries. The war Nigeria is waging against boko haram is a point in case. The weakness and nonchalance of our neighbours is making the war tedious for Nigeria

Gbam! ^^^ You have hit the nail!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GHKWAME(m): 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
Henry120:

So far so g00d! The topic is focused sha.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Underground: 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
GH KWAME:

Thank God it still is o cos that other thread on who has the strongest military in Africa has totally derailed. Reason i do not contribute there.

PS: Since when did Ghanians use "sha"
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
GH KWAME:

Nice pictures.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 4:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
Henry120: Photo 1, Nigerian Airforce QRF conduct an exercise simulating a terror attack in the nation's airports.

Do you know if the NAF QRF teams are based in every NAF airport facility or centrally or in zones (minus operationally)? I am just curious as I was wondering what reaction times are like.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 4:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
GH KWAME:

Hi guys, I have been a silent Ghanaian observer of this thread and I was hoping to see some Ghanaian pix's but I guess I would have to upload them myself.
Anyways, @B0lded, The United Nations since 2000 operates
what is termed the Wet Lease System as against the old Dry Lease System.
Under the new system, troop
contributing countries like Ghana sign a memorandum of understanding to
supply a number of troops as well as
logistics and equipment for the stated
period of operations.
Under the terms of the MOU, serving
*troops are paid a daily stipend or
allowance which is currently about
USD32. Additionally, countries get
monthly reimbursement for all
equipment and logistics and what is
more take back all their equipment at
the end of the operation.
A few examples will suffice here.
Vehicles, helicopters, hospital
equipment such as dental chairs and
ambulances, washing machines,
computers and all other equipment
covered under the MOU, get monthly
reimbursement. Under the previous wet lease system the UN only paid allowances to troops and
supplied all logistics and equipment.
Such is the business side of modern
peacekeeping that many countries reap
millions of dollars every year from their
participation. The records will show that some third world countries are making over USD 300 million annually from peacekeeping.

SA sold a number of MRAPs not to a country but instead to the UN and AU missions. These vechiles belong to the mission. Though you are correct on the procses.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GHKWAME(m): 5:42pm On Sep 27, 2013
Underground:

Thank God it still is o cos that other
thread on who has the strongest
military in Africa has totally
derailed. Reason i do not contribute
there.
PS: Since when did Ghanians use
"sha"

Haha! When you are in Rome, you do
what the Romans do. I 've been 0n
Nairaland to know the meaning sha.

rka1:

Nice pictures.

Thanx, get m0re......

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
rka1:

Do you know if the NAF QRF teams are based in every NAF airport facility or centrally or in zones (minus operationally)? I am just curious as I was wondering what reaction times are like.

To be honest, I do not know. The QRF team is a tactical team like the navy's SBS. So what I think is, if one of the nation's airport is attacked, the first respondents would be the security team on the group ( police and airforce ratings). The idea of the airforce QRF is for the airforce to have a tactical team ready to go in the shortest possible time. Some might be based close to the nation's airport, while others in the city itself. Again, I do not know for sure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.