Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5951946 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Underground: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2013
Henry120: Siege in kenya

Wow! sOMe serious action went down in Nairobi......

On a side note, I see FN SCARs, M4 Carbines and AKs all in use. Probably cos different units of their armed forces are issued different small arms.... Good pics though. They say a lot
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:54am On Sep 22, 2013
andrewza: There are a lot of SA MRAPS in those pics makes me proud

M

Oh now you are proud? Yet, it was you who was claiming that nigeria had no MRAPs.

Let me lecture you on the sort of MRAPs nigeria operates.

We use the GILA, the okosh sandcat and the nigerian made proforce PF1 4x4 MRAP. 3 different types.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:10am On Sep 22, 2013
Underground:

Wow! sOMe serious action went down in Nairobi......

On a side note, I see FN SCARs, M4 Carbines and AKs all in use. Probably cos different units of their armed forces are issued different small arms.... Good pics though. They say a lot

Yeah, it was quite an impressive array of assault weapons. A mix of the old and the new. The FN SCARs kenyan army special forces were clutching immediately made me loose a significant amount of love for the tavor-21 which is widely used in nigeria. I mean, the FN SCAR is the world's most accurate assault weapon.

It is time for kenya to dump those ugly G3's their soldiers use. It is old, out-dated and heavy.

The M-4 carbines are used by kenya's equivalent of nigeria's DSS judging from their clothing.

There was also another PDW used by kenyan security services I could not quite identify. It was small, looked very compact. It looked a bit similar to the UZI PRO.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:09am On Sep 22, 2013
Henry120:

Oh now you are proud? Yet, it was you who was claiming that nigeria had no MRAPs.

Let me lecture you on the sort of MRAPs nigeria operates.

We use the GILA, the okosh sandcat and the nigerian made proforce PF1 4x4 MRAP. 3 different types.

I never said nigeria did not use mraps. You guys are building SA MRAPs locally. And I was not only taling about nigeria but the AU missions. SA sold a lot of MRAPs to the AU for certain missions. Not all the gear used by your solders or other african countries is thers. It belongs to the AU or UN.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Underground: 8:05am On Sep 22, 2013
Henry120:

Yeah, it was quite an impressive array of assault weapons. A mix of the old and the new. The FN SCARs kenyan army special forces were clutching immediately made me loose a significant amount of love for the tavor-21 which is widely used in nigeria. I mean, the FN SCAR is the world's most accurate assault weapon.

It is time for kenya to dump those ugly G3's their soldiers use. It is old, out-dated and heavy.

The M-4 carbines are used by kenya's equivalent of nigeria's DSS judging from their clothing.

There was also another PDW used by kenyan security services I could not quite identify. It was small, looked very compact. It looked a bit similar to the UZI PRO.

Post the picture and d i'll identify it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:09am On Sep 22, 2013

[img]http://www.thenewage.co.za/cms/gall_content/2013/8/2013_8$thumbimg130_Aug_2013_124308280-ll.jpg[/img]

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
Underground:

I don't have a photo of it. I saw the weapon in BBC news report on the kenyan siege.

More photos

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
Kenya

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2013
A guy there has a ranger Tab
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
More from kenya

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
more from Kenya

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:46am On Sep 23, 2013
Underground:

Here is the photo of the PDW. Can you identify it?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 9:06am On Sep 23, 2013
Nigeria should brace up!.....i mean u knw how bad pple in this country copy bad things from elsewhere and copy it badly!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 9:21am On Sep 23, 2013
Fynline: Nigeria should brace up!.....i mean u knw how bad pple in this country copy bad things from elsewhere and copy it badly!

Well a terrost attack on a mall was done in a tome clancy book. Though it was in america, it was a small town mall and it was only 3 people and when the first responders arrived they did not take hostages but attacked them.

But then again tom clancly had a 747 fly in to a goverment building long before 9/11. It was the seneant during a adress by the presendt though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Underground: 10:02am On Sep 23, 2013
Henry120:

Here is the photo of the PDW. Can you identify it?

Now, that's a tough one I must say. Never seen such a weapon before. It looks like a cross between a MP-7 and a Vector TDI. Funny thing is that I do not see any magazine
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Underground: 11:01am On Sep 23, 2013
Fynline: Nigeria should brace up!.....i mean u knw how bad pple in this country copy bad things from elsewhere and copy it badly!

I was thinking the exact same thing. I was at The Palms, Lekki yesterday and just couldn't shake the thought of such a possibility off my mind
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiguelMi6(m): 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nigeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiguelMi6(m): 4:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
Egypt-Africa's most powerful airforce.

Egyptian F-16

Egyptian B1-B

Chinook
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 4:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
Henry120: Nigeria

Oga Henry this is definately Maidugury....we hope the FG will be proactive enough to prevent what is happening at the moment in Kenya from happening in Nigeria(You knw this BKH boys like to copy), even at that,if that ever becomes the case,i kow the SBSS will be the no 1 choice to salvage the situation and i can always count on them.

Did you see the Kenya Special forces on TV? Men they looked nice. The sight of them made me think immediately of our DSS and SBSS chaps!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiguelMi6(m): 4:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
Egyptian Navy.
Amphibious Landing Craft.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiguelMi6(m): 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
Egyptian Special Forces.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
Nice photos miguelmi6. Very much appreciated your photos.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
Fynline:

Oga Henry this is definately Maidugury....we hope the FG will be proactive enough to prevent what is happening at the moment in Kenya from happening in Nigeria(You knw this BKH boys like to copy), even at that,if that ever becomes the case,i kow the SBSS will be the no 1 choice to salvage the situation and i can always count on them.

Did you see the Kenya Special forces on TV? Men they looked nice. The sight of them made me think immediately of our DSS and SBSS chaps!

Yes, that's maiduguiri. Nigerian navy SBS chaps. In- asmuch as we pray that the events in kenya do not take place in nigeria, we can only hope that our security services are well prepared to tackle it , if it ever arises.

I spoke to a DSS friend yesterday, and he told me categorically that they always conduct drills, with scenarios like this also constantly practised. I trust our security service, primarily the DSS and the army. Those guys are very well trained. if they had same resources as their mexican or indonesian counter-parts, terrorism would have been flushed out of nigeria by now.

If a situation like this ever arises in nigeria, the DSS would take the lead. They are the best trained and equipped agency in nigeria. Even navy SBS also have to carry out compulsory trainings with DSS tactical teams.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
Henry120:

Yes, that's maiduguiri. Nigerian navy SBS chaps. In- asmuch as we pray that the events in kenya do not take place in nigeria, we can only hope that our security services are well prepared to tackle it , if it ever arises.

I spoke to a DSS friend yesterday, and he told me categorically that they always conduct drills, with scenarios like this also constantly practised. I trust our security service, primarily the DSS and the army. Those guys are very well trained. if they had same resources as their mexican or indonesian counter-parts, terrorism would have been flushed out of nigeria by now.

If a situation like this ever arises in nigeria, the DSS would take the lead. They are the best trained and equipped agency in nigeria. Even navy SBS also have to carry out compulsory trainings with DSS tactical teams.

Thanks for the insight
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
Fynline:

Omo, I've been watching the news bulletin all day on aljazeera, CNN and TVC news. Those kenyan boys look tight. Their DSS equivalent look like american tactical teams. Well kitted out.

Another thrill for me was seeing kenyan special forces with FN SCAR-H. The world's most accurate rifle. Beautiful sight. It made me wish nigerian army special forces had those rifles.

Speaking of nigeria, I'm still not convinced that the army special forces team now use tavor-21's. Apart from the lone photo you pasted and the one I posted of an army guy, each clutching the tavor-21, I haven't seen any other photo of a army special forces with them. My hope is the army adopts a tactical rifle for her tactical teams. I'm tired of seeing them using AK-47's.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
I'm going to post more SBS photos tonight by 10pm, but I'd take down the photos 4 hours after I post them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2013
Henry120: I'm going to post more SBS photos tonight by 10pm, but I'd take down the photos 4 hours after I post them.

Oga Henry then i wont get to see them
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
Fynline:

Oga Henry then i wont get to see them

I'd leave them online till 12pm.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
Henry120:

I'd leave them online till 12pm.

Ok thanks
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao2ZYkaEwKk

Nigerian SF, Senegal SF and USMC
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:08pm On Sep 23, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: DaddyGoo and 3 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49