Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,507 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5953571 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 9:13am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 9:25am On Sep 24, 2013
kenya

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 9:38am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 9:43am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 10:18am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiguelMi6(m): 1:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
Leopard 2A-7

M60AZ

Abrams

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2013
andrewza: On the issue on the use of pick ups.

The toyat landcruisser beat every milltary vechilcle in it's class that has gone on the the proofing grounds in SA. They easy to maintain, fast, cheap, nimbel and can carry a nice pay load.

They not a front line vechile but you do not all ways need a front line vechile. Remember the HUMMVE has no armour to.

These are exactly my sentiments.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiguelMi6(m): 1:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
SAM

SCUD3A

Anti-aircraft missile

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Underground: 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2013
MiguelMi6: Leopard 2A-7

M60AZ

Abrams

Hey Miguel, nice pics but I think this is supposed to be an African military photo only thread,, right, Henry?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
Underground:

Hey Miguel, nice pics but I think this is supposed to be an African military photo only thread,, right, Henry?

Yes, african militaries. Preferably sub-saharan african militaries.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 24, 2013
MiguelMi6: SAM
g[/img]

Hello miguel thank you for the photos, however we only want african military photos. The north african photos are welcome, but we would prefer militaryphotos from sub-saharan africa.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
NA

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 5:59pm On Sep 24, 2013
http://ntanews24.tv/News/Africa/2013/SEPTEMBER/SEPTEMBER24/AMISOM%20Awareness%20On%20Nigerian%20Police%20Contingent.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralJ(m): 11:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
Nigerian Police Anti Bomb Squad

My question is, do they know thats not the right way to holster thier sidearms, or is that a correct way of holstering a pistol?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Underground: 11:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
GeneralJ: Nigerian Police Anti Bomb Squad

My question is, do they know thats not the right way to holster thier sidearms, or is that a correct way of holstering a pistol?

This means that he reaches for his pistol with his right arm across his waist although I think this method is outdated and doesn't allow for a fast,easy draw like a hip holstered pistol grip would
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralJ(m): 5:38am On Sep 25, 2013
Underground:

This means that he reaches for his pistol with his right arm across his waist although I think this method is outdated and doesn't allow for a fast,easy draw like a hip holstered pistol grip would

Same thing i was thinking, and also, it doesn't allow for instant aim, as the police officer would still have to put his hand back to aim, compared to if he had it the right way, all he would have to do is pull it up.
But this is really a disturbing trend among nigeriain military and security services, i've seen navy officer with his side arm holstered the same way, and a whole load of Police officers with their side army holsterd this way, i think this needs to be fixed, before it results in something else
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Underground: 7:55am On Sep 25, 2013
[b][/b]
GeneralJ:

Same thing i was thinking, and also, it doesn't allow for instant aim, as the police officer would still have to put his hand back to aim, compared to if he had it the right way, all he would have to do is pull it up.
But this is really a disturbing trend among nigeriain military and security services, i've seen navy officer with his side arm holstered the same way, and a whole load of Police officers with their side army holsterd this way, i think this needs to be fixed, before it results in something else

tactical teams such as the Navy's SBS use THIGH holstered pistols
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:51am On Sep 25, 2013
I would not worry to much about those techs holstering there side arms like that. They bomb techs not front line personeal. If they need to shoot some one really screwed up.

I like the hip holster but the waist and chest holsters are all so good. Those one that are in the cop shows where they are under your arm don't look nice.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gst101: 9:56am On Sep 25, 2013
whats the difference between a tactical team and a special force
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 12:12pm On Sep 25, 2013
gst101: whats the difference between a tactical team and a special force

All speciol forces are tactical teams but not all tactical teams are speciol forces.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
Thanks to all who have been posting pictures. Pictures speak a thousand words. A special thanks to Henry120 especially with the continued absence of Beeg.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 2:05pm On Sep 25, 2013

This is a good pic to bring the point around

Guys in green are recces aka special forces, guys in camo are German Navy marines not special forces but in this regard can conduct tactical mission the guy in blue is a South African MRS(marine) who are the same has the Germans

At a glance they all look like speciol forces but only 2 of them are, the other 3 are highly trained regular solders that focus on close quater combat on board ships.

Does this mean those 3 can only fight on ships? No they can all so fight like regaler light infantry.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2013
andrewza:

This is a good pic to bring the point around

Guys in green are recces aka special forces, guys in camo are German Navy marines not special forces but in this regard can conduct tactical mission the guy in blue is a South African MRS(marine) who are the same has the Germans

At a glance they all look like speciol forces but only 2 of them are, the other 3 are highly trained regular solders that focus on close quater combat on board ships.

Does this mean those 3 can only fight on ships? No they can all so fight like regaler light infantry.

Nice Consice explanation. Still on the exercise accord, here are more photos.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
Underground: [b][/b]

tactical teams such as the Navy's SBS use hip holstered pistols

Naah, the navy's SBS use thigh holstered pistols.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Underground: 11:45pm On Sep 25, 2013
Henry120:

Naah, the navy's SBS use thigh holstered pistols.

I meant to say thigh actually. We have all seen several pics of them of course. How I equated thigh to be same as hip!!....... undecided
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 26, 2013
This is the reason why terrorists attacked a defenceless mall in kenya. After the KDF had roundly given it to them on their own turf, they ran like chickens to a mall.

KDF troops in somalia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 26, 2013
Underground:

I meant to say thigh actually. We have all seen several pics of them of course. How I equated thigh to be same as hip!!....... undecided

You might not like the IMI TAVOR-21, but our generals seem to love them. The navy, airforce , DSS and NIA use them in large numbers.

This is an airforce QRF officer with his tavor

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 26, 2013
OFF TOPIC

Things that can only happen in mexico. A man was kidnapped in broad day light by 3 POLICEMEN in the middle of a high-way, in the middle of mexico city, in front of camera's.

Wow, mexicans. Watch aljazeera news to see the video of the kidnapping.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.