Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5952817 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
Henry120:

Omo, I've been watching the news bulletin all day on aljazeera, CNN and TVC news. Those kenyan boys look tight. Their DSS equivalent look like american tactical teams. Well kitted out.

Another thrill for me was seeing kenyan special forces with FN SCAR-H. The world's most accurate rifle. Beautiful sight. It made me wish nigerian army special forces had those rifles.

Speaking of nigeria, I'm still not convinced that the army special forces team now use tavor-21's. Apart from the lone photo you pasted and the one I posted of an army guy, each clutching the tavor-21, I haven't seen any other photo of a army special forces with them. My hope is the army adopts a tactical rifle for her tactical teams. I'm tired of seeing them using AK-47's.

And they did good. 10 captured alive is what I heard.

The SCAR has it's problems.

There are many pratical resoans for a SF team to use a AK47. So they may use the tavour but the operastional needs calls for AKs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Underground: 10:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
Henry120:

Here is the photo of the PDW. Can you identify it?

It isn't a PDW.

It's a RONI stock on a pistol of unknown manufacture. I would hazard a guess and say it's a CZ75 or a Jericho 941, but I can't tell for sure from the picture. Here's a link to the stock that's available in the US:

http://www.caatactical.com/viewCategory.asp?catID=376
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Underground: 11:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Henry120:

I'd leave them online till 12pm.

Oga I have been waiting patiently for the pics you promised o!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralJ(m): 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
Henry120:

Here is the photo of the PDW. Can you identify it?

IWI uzi pro?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gst101: 11:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
henry make sure say you no post those pics for mu back oooo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gst101: 11:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
henry make sure say you no post those pics for my back oooo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 24, 2013
Underground:

Oboi, I dey resize the photos. I'd post them now.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 24, 2013
Underground:

Oboi no vex, I dey resize the photos. I'd post them now.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 24, 2013
SBS photos in borno
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Underground: 12:12am On Sep 24, 2013
Henry120: SBS photos in borno

Was just about to go to bed! Nice one.

And God bless these boys... Doing what the do- facing sheer terror - ain't no easy task
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gst101: 12:14am On Sep 24, 2013
but why navy dey work for Borno? Water no dey there na. SBS means special boat service. Where water dey for there wey boat go con dey before e go con concern SBS boys

shey na SF dat SBS be abi na wetin?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Underground: 12:16am On Sep 24, 2013
Why did the Nigerian Special Forces for got the Tavors by the way? Would have preferred a weapon with picatinny rails such as the FN SCAR, LWRC M6,Knights Armament SR16, Bushmaster ACR or even the M4 carbine in which different accessories can be fixed unto them? Price I guess??There is just something about the Tavor I just don't like
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 24, 2013
More
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Underground: 12:24am On Sep 24, 2013
Henry120: More

Nigeria should PLEASE do away with these light weight pick up trucks and give these special units the very best armored trucks or personnel carriers for goodness sakes!! Special units require special tools... The Seals, SAS, Spetsnaz, etc get the very best gear and so should these boys!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 24, 2013
gst101: but why navy dey work for Borno? Water no dey there na. SBS means special boat service. Where water dey for there wey boat go con dey before e go con concern SBS boys

shey na SF dat SBS be abi na wetin?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 24, 2013
Underground: Why did the Nigerian Special Forces for got the Tavors by the way? Would have preferred a weapon with picatinny rails such as the FN SCAR, LWRC M6,Knights Armament SR16, Bushmaster ACR or even the M4 carbine in which different accessories can be fixed unto them? Price I guess??There is just something about the Tavor I just don't like

Say what you like, for me, the tavor is the best special forces rifle. It is compact, light, and has a better accuracy and range than the weapons you listed above, apart from the FN SCAR-H or L.

I love the tavor-21 a lot.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gst101: 12:30am On Sep 24, 2013
these guys are doing great Job, yet Nigerians dont apreciate them very much. We insult and look down on them. We also call them all sort of derogatory names. Our self hate is something else.

Just go to the 'FG offers kenya help' thread and see so many self hate posts. People who dont know anything just cant keep quiet.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 24, 2013
Underground:

Nigeria should PLEASE do away with these light weight pick up trucks and give these special units the very best armored trucks or personnel carriers for goodness sakes!! Special units require special tools... The Seals, SAS, Spetsnaz, etc get the very best gear and so should these boys!!

I agree completely with you. It's irritating seeing troops in light weight pick-up trucks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gst101: 12:36am On Sep 24, 2013
henry pls answer those questions i asked in one of my posts, the very one you quoted
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 24, 2013
gst101: these guys are doing great Job, yet Nigerians dont apreciate them very much. We insult and look down on them. We also call them all sort of derogatory names. Our self hate is something else.

Just go to the 'FG offers kenya help' thread and see so many self hate posts. People who dont know anything just cant keep quiet.

What I wanted to say to you, is that, the SBS also carry out counter-insurgency trainings so they are aslo in their territory as regards to hunting islamists.

Who gives a hoot about what those hopeless ignorant ret*rds are saying in that thread.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralJ(m): 12:39am On Sep 24, 2013
Only one problem with these photos,
the SBS operatives don't have radios or any form of communicating, how do they know whats going on if say one of them gets 'lost' maybe they might have radios, but theyre' not obvious or conspicous. which is a good thing if they do have radios, but if they don't then i suggest they acquire some, infact every single SF operative must have a radio, even if regular infantry doesn't SF has too

Also, i sense a very high sense of morale, and agility and fitness, which is very good.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gst101: 12:52am On Sep 24, 2013
is there age limit for Members of SF?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:55am On Sep 24, 2013
gst101: henry pls answer those questions i asked in one of my posts, the very one you quoted

Comprehensive training

*Counter Insurgency/Riverine Operations in the maritime domain

*Hostage Taking

*Piracy

*Oil and Gas platforms seizure

Pursuant to the elimination of these threats, the specific funtions undertaken by the SBS include

- Direct action ( small scale strike)

- Beach Reconnaissance and Intelligence Gathering ahead of amphibious operations

- Counter terrorism/Hostage Rescue

-Counter Piracy

TRAINING

Basic Operational Capability (BOC) Course

Curriculum

It is the first basic course which moulds Nigerian Navy sailors into special warfare operators. The
Basic Operational Capability Course lasts six months. The BOC Course has 3 phases

- Physical Conditioning phase 
- Maritime Warfare Phase
- Land Warfare phase

Physical conditioning – This is the toughest phase of the ab initio training which is held at beginning of the course. It entails extreme physical training aimed at weeding out the weak.

Maritime Warfare phase

This essentially involves small boats operations and tactics and centres on handling flat-bottomed and assault boats

- Visit Board Search and Sieze Operations (counter piracy and taking over ships at sea)

- counter insurgency  and contact drills for riverine warfare

- navigation and survival swimming

- insertion and extraction for operations by boat

- combat diving

Land Warfare phase

- Map reading

- Close Quarter Battle (CQB)

- Hostage Rescue and Fighting in Built Up Areas ( FIBUA)

- Reconnaissance, Ambush and raids

- Explosives and Demolition

- Weapon Handling and Range Qualification.

Training Partnerships for Qualified SBS personnel include

* Joint Training with US Navy SEALs

* Training with Isreali Special Operations Training Groups

* Training with the State Security Services (SSS) of Nigeria

* Training with the Pakistan Navy Special Services Group (SSG)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:02am On Sep 24, 2013
GeneralJ: Only one problem with these photos,
the SBS operatives don't have radios or any form of communicating, how do they know whats going on if say one of them gets 'lost' maybe they might have radios, but theyre' not obvious or conspicous. which is a good thing if they do have radios, but if they don't then i suggest they acquire some, infact every single SF operative must have a radio, even if regular infantry doesn't SF has too

Also, i sense a very high sense of morale, and agility and fitness, which is very good.

They use the same radios the SSS use. The problem in the photo is, the scarf and the fact that I erased their faces have obscured your view of their radios. It's a small black earpiece in their ears.

My major problem is the fact that they use light skinned pick up trucks that provide no ballistic protection whatsoever even against a rock hauled at them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 24, 2013
andrewza:

And they did good. 10 captured alive is what I heard.

The SCAR has it's problems.

There are many pratical resoans for a SF team to use a AK47. So they may use the tavour but the operastional needs calls for AKs

You are correct.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:18am On Sep 24, 2013
Nigeria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:45am On Sep 24, 2013
Underground:

I'm by no means supporting the use of light skinned trucks, but in this instance since they are working far from base, they'd need a vehicle that has good speed, easy to maintain if and when it breaks down, conceal their identity, camouflage and blend in ( as you can see, they are all issued scarfs), easy to fuel, and highly manoeuvrable.

As absurd as it might seem, the issuance of this pick-up truck is more appropriate for the mission they are carrying out than an armoured vehicle. I've seen british special forces teams also drive in pick-up trucks in afghanistan and iraq.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralJ(m): 5:29am On Sep 24, 2013

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:01am On Sep 24, 2013
On the issue on the use of pick ups.

The toyat landcruisser beat every milltary vechilcle in it's class that has gone on the the proofing grounds in SA. They easy to maintain, fast, cheap, nimbel and can carry a nice pay load.

They not a front line vechile but you do not all ways need a front line vechile. Remember the HUMMVE has no armour to.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 7:50am On Sep 24, 2013
Henry120: More

Oga Henry these pics are cool men...cant wait for the day we ll see these guys in action on cam!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:55am On Sep 24, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiguelMi6(m): 9:02am On Sep 24, 2013
Thanks@Henry

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.