Stats: 3,158,155 members, 7,835,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1078) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5994000 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
Xbee007:
I don't think it is due to lack of fund but lack of readiness. Perhaps the Ogas @dtop ar not yet ready to upgrade, which can be deduce 4rm d fact dat Gulma too did not show any sign of upgrade (just as tdayof noted). When they are ready, the sky is their limit.

Note that it is not just Gulma that seal fate of NAF in 1st position. They also built a bomb disposal robot and some kind of machine that teaches u how to drive.

Nigeria Army built a kind of multi-purpose hydraulics for lifting diff bombs which did not not gain much attention as the Russian made rocket launcher on it.

That's cool, all the same.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nok234:

We need 3 more !!! Im in love with those ships
They should arm them this time, like corvettes.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nok234:

I saw it once cant find the link of the training but here are some links :
http://crossriverwatch.com/2012/09/france-armed-cameroon-to-fight-nigeria-over-bakassi-wikileaks/
https://ng.ambafrance.org/BAKASSI ( France Embassy message to Nigeria ) lol
http://t.guardian.ng/opinion/bakassi-peninsulas-unfinished-business/
http://allafrica.com/stories/201109091031.html

All I fund is France arming cameroun, I came accross an article talking about BIR training by France because of Bakassi...
In French
http://www.rfi.fr/afrique/20100714-1960-2010-50-ans-interventions-militaires-francaises-afrique ( all France intervention in Africa)
Opération «Aramis» is the of the op. Mission training, equiping etc..

arming != training

itt's not news that the israelis helped develop and trained the B.I.R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSWiKzC4P0
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Yes for sure, but also weaponise those two there are places for all weapons on those two
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
TrueHeart365:

arming != training

itt's not news that the israelis helped develop and trained the B.I.R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSWiKzC4P0

.... I havent said this is not true, Im talking about the time there were the crisis btwn Nigeria and Cameroon ...... At that moment France launched operation «Aramis», to traine equip Cameroun in a conflict with Nigeria...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
lexykeyz:

Oga Airborne what if u are ordered to use ur alpha against a rafale.Hmmm God dey.
lipsrsealed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:33pm On Apr 07, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
A pair of Nigerian navy OPVs NNS Unity and NNS Centenary.
what are they both doing idling around is there no pirates to catch today?? I thought navy ships are always at sea...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nok234:

.... I havent said this is not true, Im talking about the time there were the crisis btwn Nigeria and Cameroon ...... At that moment France launched operation «Aramis», to traine equip Cameroun in a conflict with Nigeria...

bro, this thing no be competitive argument.

i only responded to an incorrect post you made earlier below.

wetin you dey argue no concern me. na facts mattter pass.

Nok234:

I dont agree France is the GodFather of those countries you listed, if there is a problem and Nigeria is involved France will imediatly take the opposite side. We have example with the crisis with Cameroon, France is the country that build BIR of cameroun and imagine against who ? ... If someone slap you once, you must be careful.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nok234:

Yes for sure, but also weaponise those two there are places for all weapons on those two
according to A Naval expert from down south NNS unity and NNS centenary have no space to fit any extra armaments.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
according to A Naval expert from down south NNS unity and NNS centenary have no space to fit any extra armaments.
NN can always outfit any weapon system on any ship in their arsenal, its not difficult at all but why they choose not to is still a mystery to me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

A Chinese source says otherwise.
雷达设备方面,该舰装有一部TR47火控雷达、一部SR60对空/对海搜索雷达及导航雷达等,配备两套UHF/VHF无线电通讯设备。武器装备方面,该舰艏装有一门国产H/PJ26型76毫米舰炮,舷侧各装有一门H/PJ14型30毫米自动炮,另有多具PJ46型诱饵发射器。该舰可携带一架直-9舰载直升机,并配机库和完善的起降设备。
该舰还可根据尼日利亚海军需求,布置两座4联装反舰导弹。
This says Can be modified for Nigerian use. 4 Mounted anti-ship missile.

Also Equipped with PJ46 decoy launchers
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 07, 2017
tdayof:

A Chinese source says otherwise.
雷达设备方面,该舰装有一部TR47火控雷达、一部SR60对空/对海搜索雷达及导航雷达等,配备两套UHF/VHF无线电通讯设备。武器装备方面,该舰艏装有一门国产H/PJ26型76毫米舰炮,舷侧各装有一门H/PJ14型30毫米自动炮,另有多具PJ46型诱饵发射器。该舰可携带一架直-9舰载直升机,并配机库和完善的起降设备。 This says Can be modified for Nigerian use. 4 Mounted anti-ship missile.

Also Equipped with PJ46 decoy launchers
lionel4power:
NN can always outfit any weapon system on any ship in their arsenal, its not difficult at all but why they choose not to is still a mystery to me.

I don't know if you recall that argument but it was between Henry and some "Naval experts" from SA 22 internet warriors brigade detachemt. They insisted that it was not possible because during shipbuilding all free spaces are carefully utilized.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nok234:

nonsense butt hurt mofo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I don't know if you recall that argument but it was between Henry and some "Naval experts" from SA 22 internet warriors brigade detachemt. They insisted that it was not possible because during shipbuilding all free spaces are carefully utilized.
I recall but as long as there is an above-deck you can put tube-launched missiles with minimum deck penetration. although integrating a vertical launched system is practically impossible since there isn't sufficient fore-deck space.

Nigerian navy has otomat anti ship missiles which can easily be mounted on the deck aft of the bridge (amidship). SAM system can be mounted above the hanger.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

"Naval experts" from SA 22 internet warriors brigade detachemt.
hehehe ;-) ;-)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
British foreign secretary Boris Johnson conversing with some KDF Soldiers.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 6:45pm On Apr 07, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Henry said "An OPV is a missile boat/corvette". I remember he insisted that a random OPV can be mounted missiles then off to hunt other ships. We insisted that unless it was designed to be one from scratch like the ones with the Indian Navy then it can interchange roles otherwise you'll have to have blueprints and additional space to make it possible.

Then as you know Henry240 he continued saying less memorable things from his imagination.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:53pm On Apr 07, 2017
GreenandGold:

Henry said "An OPV is a missile boat/corvette". I remember he insisted that a random OPV can be mounted missiles then off to hunt other ships. We insisted that unless it was designed to be one from scratch like the ones with the Indian Navy then it can interchange roles otherwise you'll have to have blueprints and additional space to make it possible.

Then as you know Henry240 he continued saying less memorable things from his imagination.
an OPV can be outfitted with a missile launcher as long as these things are present

1) general idea on how missiles work
2) enough deck-space (ideally amidship)
3) radar systems for volume search, point search and targetting data.
4) midcourse guidance system like helicopter or UAV for the missile.
5) big balls

all this the NIGERIAN NAVY has so no problem there.

** Otomat missile launcher like the one on NNS Aradu

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:54pm On Apr 07, 2017
lionel4power:
an OPV can be outfitted with a missile launcher as long as these things are present

1) general idea on how missiles work
2) enough deck-space (ideally amidship)
3) radar systems for volume search, point search and targetting data.
4) midcourse guidance system like helicopter or UAV for the missile.
5) big balls

all this the NIGERIAN NAVY has so no problem there.

** Otomat missile launcher like the one on NNS Aradu

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
[quote author=tdayof post=55359538][/quote]theres CLEARLY enough room amidship to mount a missile launcher also look at the hanger deck its barely used.

Personally I believed the NN didn't arm the vessel for unknown reasons but left the space available just in case

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

Frumentius heads a special detachment in that brigade. I think it's the Mzansi Special Operations Department.

Patches heads the brigade.

While Activatekruger is the homeless kid always watching the brigade March past. grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nigerian army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nigerian Army 155m self-propelled howitzer

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 07, 2017
Civilians get a tour aboard NNS Thunder, also fire a couple rounds.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 07, 2017
tdayof:

You can read Chinese, Offcourse.

There's a report i shared about a year ago. It was about the Nigerian navy vessels heading to China. The report is in Chinese and Google Translate didn't help much.

I'll post it here for your perusal.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Baba we have requirements for both OPVs,Corvettes and Light Frigs

when they're ready for the the last two they will get it,but the P18s r just what they should Sea APCs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nigerian Army UGV, Mine Sweeper Bozena-5

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:37pm On Apr 07, 2017
lionel4power:
I recall but as long as there is an above-deck you can put tube-launched missiles with minimum deck penetration. although integrating a vertical launched system is practically impossible since there isn't sufficient fore-deck space.

Nigerian navy has otomat anti ship missiles which can easily be mounted on the deck aft of the bridge (amidship). SAM system can be mounted above the hanger.
the otomat are poof (gone)

If the need arises and pirates upgrade above dinghies ,ASM can be added
but let's not miss the point..they r for policing..u do not want to kill what u want to prosecute right?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:39pm On Apr 07, 2017
Odunayaw:
Baba we have requirements for both OPVs,Corvettes and Light Frigs

when they're ready for the the last two they will get it,but the P18s r just what they should Sea APCs
sorry nothing like 'light frigate'... a frigate is a frigate...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:40pm On Apr 07, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Nigerian army
The day we divorce papa Vickers tho grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:41pm On Apr 07, 2017
lionel4power:
sorry nothing like 'light frigate'... a frigate is a frigate...
smh

U speak of tonnage or Armament?

anyway.. that was the terminology used in the Naval Acquisition plan

(1) (2) (3) ... (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60