Stats: 3,165,394 members, 7,861,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:22 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1081) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029661 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:20pm On Apr 08, 2017
GreenandGold:

You know that vehicle could make a good case study of proposed elongated SF Hornet that me and Frumentius know nothing about.

As a Head of Design in Patches School of Weaponry, I should look into it. smiley

It is my professional opinion that it requires; more DAKKA

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:28pm On Apr 08, 2017
kikuyu1:

Ahh yes! As always your encyclopedic knowledge of tactical matters is amazing. Truly,Naij and this thread are lucky to have you. You know more than 30 year users of the AUG.

These aren't internet idlers,btw! Wait! There's more!

5.56MM, 30-30 and the King Himself.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11278332

Still proves nothing. undecided

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 1:40pm On Apr 08, 2017
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 2:02pm On Apr 08, 2017
Kenya Forest Service

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 08, 2017
The Ugandan contingent serving under the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) has deployed a new battle group to support ongoing peace and security operations in the country.

The group arrived in Mogadishu Saturday morning and will secure key installations in Somalia which include the Mogadishu Sea Port, the Federal Parliament, Presidential Palace, Mogadishu Airport, and the AMISOM Base camp in Halane. Read more: http://

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 3:09pm On Apr 08, 2017
were are those africahanses... grin grin,,..i have the urge to e-beat them up...i prefer white south africahanses..

but the kenyans would do too...bring them... grin grin grin

send them to me,henry.... wink....chaiiiiiiiiiiiii...make my saturday.... grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 08, 2017
bantudra:
D grin grin

Oga, it is enough.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 3:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
Henry240:

Oga, it is enough.

uhhhh.... cry...party popper....okay.. grin

i will stop because of you henry... wink

but when they get too stvpid again,just summon me..... grin grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 3:15pm On Apr 08, 2017
am bored... cry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2017
Pass out parade of Namibian military recruits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iqs_rIVGmc&feature=youtu.be
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nigerian army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 4:26pm On Apr 08, 2017
tdayof:

Still proves nothing. undecided

Dude,I'm not arguing. Like I said you have a special knowledge beyond that of experienced users. Look at these Malaysian soldiers collective experience!
http://www.malaysiandefence.com/look-ma-its-a-modernised-steyr/
However, personal experiences with this weapon, there are alot of better weapons out there such as the HK416/417, KAC, Magpul PDR or S[b]CAR. I would prefer the SCAR if given a choice.
[/b]

Bullpups are way cool with folk who don’t gunfight.

Give the choice of any assault rifle that I have used – SCAR.

I have come acrossed many Malaysian army troops (some retired , some currently in service ) who stated that they prefer the M16 to the Steyr

There's even better quotes here but I can't open. Google:"thefiringline.com,the aug is a crappy gun".
Truly,this thread and the Naij national small weapons think tank are grateful for your superior intellect.

Btw,look at that KDF pic feeding a buff-what if that notoriously aggressive animal turned hostile? Would you trust the 5.56mm to put it down quickly?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:30pm On Apr 08, 2017
kikuyu1:

Dude,I'm not arguing. Like I said you have a special knowledge beyond that of experienced users. Look at these Malaysian soldiers collective experience!
http://www.malaysiandefence.com/look-ma-its-a-modernised-steyr/

There's even better quotes here but I can't open. Google:"thefiringline.com,the aug is a crappy gun".
Truly,this thread and the Naij national small weapons think tank are grateful for your superior intellect.
Still proves nothing grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 08, 2017
Men of Cameroons elite rapid intervention battalion

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2017
police SF unit egypt

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2017
recruits basic training -Kenya Army(KA)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 08, 2017
Basic EOD training for UPDF soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 11:45pm On Apr 08, 2017
OFF TOPIC

Got a SatImagery of the US tomahawks attack on the syrian Base. Seems a little damage though. A couple of SU-22s were seen taking off after the attacks(though not in the Sat. Imagery).
Pic 2: Hit Runway

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 11:50pm On Apr 08, 2017
This is the upgraded version of the T72 tank. T-72B3 with Relikt ERA.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 09, 2017
Breaking News

There is going to be a Nigerian Air Force documentary soon. Documentary footage is already in the post-production stage.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:19am On Apr 09, 2017
Henry240:
Breaking News

There is going to be a Nigerian Air Force documentary soon. Documentary footage is already in the post-production stage.

Correct guy !

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stephandeswardt: 6:58am On Apr 09, 2017
Before boko haram.....with training nigerian army regular infantry recieved, could a platoon of nigerian army infantry versus that of cameroon bir .....who would win?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 7:50am On Apr 09, 2017
wink
Stephandeswardt:
Before boko haram.....with training nigerian army regular infantry recieved, could a platoon of nigerian army infantry versus that of cameroon bir .....who would win?

We've always had issue around bakasi Peninsula and we always kill them like chicken. We've had lots of engagement during Abacha's regime.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:36am On Apr 09, 2017
Henry240:
Breaking News

hope they will explain delays over our newly ordered airframes
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:37am On Apr 09, 2017
iblawi:
wink

We've always had issue around bakasi Peninsula and we always kill them like chicken. We've had lots of engagement during Abacha's regime.
Obj really fall hands
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 09, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Correct guy !

We hopefully should be able to see the documentary before June.

The guy who shot the movie "76", is the one handling the job. So I expect the documentary would be great.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 09, 2017
OFF-TOPIC

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 09, 2017
Nigerian Police Motorbikes

Federal Road Safety Corp Motorbike

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:04am On Apr 09, 2017
nemesis2u:

what about search and tracking radar ?

what about CMS combat management system and necessary integration with otomat anti ship missiles for launch and control ?

what about mid course guidance update ?

it would require extensive refit

Am sure you didn't read this my post right

lionel4power:
an OPV can be outfitted with a missile launcher as long as these things are present

1) general idea on how missiles work
2) enough deck-space (ideally amidship)
3) radar systems for volume search, point search and targetting data.
4) midcourse guidance system like helicopter or UAV for the missile.
5) big balls

all this the NIGERIAN NAVY has so no problem there.

** Otomat missile launcher like the one on NNS Aradu
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:05am On Apr 09, 2017
jln115:

Space is not the problem.....Integration is, unless the combat management system was developed to accommodate missile systems you can forget about arming it, 70% of building cost goes to software design and integration.
read my post and comprehend... Don't be unnessary silly.
lionel4power:
an OPV can be outfitted with a missile launcher as long as these things are present

1) general idea on how missiles work
2) enough deck-space (ideally amidship)
3) radar systems for volume search, point search and targetting data.
4) midcourse guidance system like helicopter or UAV for the missile.
5) big balls

all this the NIGERIAN NAVY has so no problem there.

** Otomat missile launcher like the one on NNS Aradu

(1) (2) (3) ... (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Baller254 and 1 guest(s)